CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder just how hard she looked. I just found her previous last name (on whitepages) using a simple google search for Fontelle and Missouri. I mean seriously, how many Fontelles could there really be?

Exactly what I thought. Daughters have proved themselves efficient at sleuthing people in the past. I don't think any of the daughters wanted Bob to ever be with any woman after their Mom, full stop. Whatever was found or not found, Bob would never have got to hear about it.

However - Bob got the spelling of Fontelle's name wrong at first. Have you tried searching for Fauntelle/Fauntel to see what comes up?

Exactly what I thought. Daughters have proved themselves efficient at sleuthing people in the past. I don't think any of the daughters wanted Bob to ever be with any woman after their Mom, full stop. Whatever was found or not found, Bob would never have got to hear about it.

However - Bob got the spelling of Fontelle's name wrong at first. Have you tried searching for Fauntelle/Fauntel to see what comes up?

I just tried for a minute, and nothing. Of course, I don't know Fontelle's maiden name, and I'm assuming Bob did. That may turn up something.

Ah. Of course. Didn't think of that.

By the way, for the transcription......THANK YOU!

Being in Germany and unable to either legally view the episode or even purchase it online to view it, I find myself a bit stuck. I would really like a little review of the episode for Bob's website. But if I write one myself people might think I have either done something to break copyright rules or am making it up. Could anyone here help me out? Write a little informative review that I could use?

Please let me know if you can.

Jumping off your post to say I will be doing a transcript of the entire episode. I may finish tonight but more likely tomorrow.

askfornina, hugs and thanks!

And who is that beautiful baby in your sig? She looks like she could be Bob's grandchild.

Happy to help!

Don't forget, we also have Bob's account via Fontelle. Even if one chooses to believe that Fontelle was lying about the discussion regarding adding her, it's clear that he did tell her that the meeting was heated and that RB was at the heart of that-this point is corroborated by PB's account.

There were notes shown, in Bob's handwriting, notes that LE mentioned in the show which indicated he would be adding her to his accounts. He had a to do list.

I think this supports Fontelle's version of the conversation.

I think copyright is a tricky thing when it comes to the www. Maybe the next time gitana1 drives by, we can ask because once this episode is out there, information becomes very hard to control. JMO.

I've just watch the show for the 4th time. I keep picking up little nuggets I missed before. Here's one that's got my hinky-meter on high alert.

JuM calls Fontelle and says, "Fontelle, Daddy's missing."

Does that seem odd to anyone else? What I mean is that, if the family had no idea where Bob went, wouldn't it stand to reason that they would call HIS WIFE earlier and ASK if she had heard from him? Something like, "hey Fontelle, Dad left the house this afternoon and hasn't been back and we're getting worried about him. Have you heard from him? Did he mention that he might go somewhere today?"

Very Very staged. Not unlike the fact that all of his family is local to him, and no one went to his house. :banghead:

One of these days I am going to find a way to articulate my thoughts on the "dark person" reference. That particular comment struck me as well.

"And I am not talking about his wife" snap and emphasis while she says it.

I agree with Robbie that Bob met up with at least one dark person that day, and I agree it wasnt his wife. Its good to know we all have some common ground some where.

:seeya: A big thank you to our newest sleuthers and guests. :great: The interest and support you have shown for the recovery of Bob is so wonderful.

"And I am not talking about his wife" snap and emphasis while she says it.

exactly. And I believe there was truth to that. She wasn't referring to his wife but she was referring to someone specific IMO. Someone closer to home.

I think I've found a solution for those who are unable to purchase the episode through Amazon.

iTunes has the episode available for 2.99 and it appears purchases from iTunes are available in a long list of countries:

iTunes is licensed for reproduction of noncopyrighted materials or materials the user is legally permitted to reproduce. Purchases from the iTunes Store are available only in Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, The Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Liberia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Mongolia, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Congo, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russia, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks & Caicos, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, and Zimbabwe. Some features, products, and content types are not available in all countries

http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/download/?id=576182636

http://www.tvmuse.eu/tv-shows/Disappeared_27602/season_5/episode_13/

Hoping this will work for anyone unable to purchase through Amazon.

ETA: Scroll down from tvmuse to find the iTunes link near the bottom of the page.

I'm not sure I am explaining this correctly, as I don't use iTunes.

I just saw the following post in another thread. A different case, but thought it may be relative in Bob's case as well:

A person close to me recently found human remains in the woods and LE does know who the remains belong to but have not issued a public statement about them.

The person was reported missing and I believe the reason they have not released the name of the person is because they do suspect family members to be involved.

It has been almost 6 months.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/18/13*

It's possible we may not learn of Bob's recovery until LE is ready to make arrests. It's definately something to consider with regards to MSM info on skeletal remains found in the area Bob went missing that have had no followup either through the media, coroners office or NamUs.

BBM Do you believe this is true? I've spent the day trying to remember what it was that I was going to ask all of you about, and this was it. (When I heard her say this the other night, I was like "Get out of town! You did not!") I was stunned.

They also said that Fontelle's daughter was looking for Bob at the same time. This info has been out there since early on. This was the basis for their mistrust of Fontelle and her family.

Them trying to find Fontelle is just fluff and blubber to me. There's something in this crud to make themselves look good ... but, imo, it's fluff and blubber, like their trying to make sure Fontelle's needs were met after Bob went missing.

The other thing that really stands out for me is Paula's revelation Bob asked her to find Fontelle months before Fontelle called Bob.

Why was that first revealed 2.5 years (taping)/3.5 years (airing) after their father disappeared, after they had spent years trying to make Fontelle appear as a money hungry :censored: who sought their father out.

I mean, really -two and a half years- it takes to reveal your father asked you to find Fontelle appx 5 months before she found him?

That makes me wonder what else are they keeping hidden and not being forthcoming?

It made me also wonder if perhaps the heavy load of all these family secrets was weighing heavy on Paula's shoulders. If so, please PB, do the right thing for your father. Better late than never, and I am sure people would understand why it took time to have the courage to do right by your dad. :please:

That Bob sought out Fontelle FIRST changes everything, imo and it does not make Bob's daughters look pretty. It angers me they withheld that information for as long as they did.

BBM Do you believe this is true? I've spent the day trying to remember what it was that I was going to ask all of you about, and this was it. (When I heard her say this the other night, I was like "Get out of town! You did not!") I was stunned.

They also said that Fontelle's daughter was looking for Bob at the same time. This info has been out there since early on. This was the basis for their mistrust of Fontelle and her family.

Them trying to find Fontelle is just fluff and blubber to me. There's something in this crud to make themselves look good ... but, imo, it's fluff and blubber, like their trying to make sure Fontelle's needs were met after Bob went missing.

I believe it. From memory, in one of Bob's letters to Fontelle it states he was trying or had tried to find her... her call was the answer to his prayers...

At the time, I didn't know what Bob's words meant, but they make perfect sense now in light of Paula's revelation Bob had sought out Fontelle long before she sought him out.

Bob had requested help in finding Fontelle in Dec of 2008 and iirc the first call from Fontelle to Bob was in May? of 2009.

I need to find Bob's letter again. IIRC, it is in one of the earliest MSM articles.

I wonder if Bob asked the girls to track down Fontelle and they did make a cursory effort to locate her because they saw her as the lesser of two evils in regards to their distaste for Bob's friendship with the hairdresser.

The hairdresser was younger, and they perceived her as a gold digger who was taking advantage of their father.

So I am thinking, depending on the timing of Bob's request, they may have tried to track down Fontelle in an effort to distract Bob from the hairdresser they mistrusted.

If they did not know how to spell her name properly that may have made her more difficult to locate or they if they located her and then worried about bringing her into their father's sphere and so, told him they were not successful.

May 3, 2009

1st day of the rest of my life

Dearest Fauntel:

Your call was an answer to my prayer. I have been thinking of you everyday lately...

<snip>

So many times I wondered where you were, how you were, but it's so hard to locate someone and . . . if I did find you, could we get together?

<snip>

I always wondered how to get in touch with you because you were my first love and always will be, nothing can change that. This last year has been very difficult for me, you will never know how many times I have thought of you.

<snip>

In his absence, she guards the tokens of their romance: the photo of the day they married, the rings she wears and the letter he wrote the first day she called.
::

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/2

That letter is clearly dated May 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics