CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I empathise. There is no way we can buy it. :(I'm hoping we can view it soon in Europe though - German TV has shown some episodes from this season, so Long Lost Love can't be far behind, I hope.

It also airs in Poland, but I can't read their TV schedules very well.

:seeya: A big thank you to our newest sleuthers and guests. :great: The interest and support you have shown for the recovery of Bob is so wonderful.

:seeya: Good Morning,

The "Disappeared" show has really peaked my interest in Bob's disappearance, and I would like to learn more about his case. I was really "intrigued" by the "family dynamics" and that "Trust."

Is there a timeline here, a media thread, or any other threads that you recommend I read to get caught up on the facts and any updates ?

Thanks !

:please: I hope they find Bob soon ! and there will be Justice !

It also airs in Poland, but I can't read their TV schedules very well.

I can't help with Polish either. :floorlaugh:

I do have here Discovery Channel too, but can't seem to find that episode. Unfortunately a search for the title led to nowhere. There are episodes of disappeared to watch almost every day according to the Tv Guide, but is not even possible to see from which season, only their titles and short summary. TV guide goes until 21April, the ones I found are all other titles than the one we are looking for.

I can't help with Polish either. :floorlaugh:

I do have here Discovery Channel too, but can't seem to find that episode. Unfortunately a search for the title led to nowhere. There are episodes of disappeared to watch almost every day according to the Tv Guide, but is not even possible to see from which season, only their titles and short summary. TV guide goes until 21April, the ones I found are all other titles than the one we are looking for.

I have the same problem here. I think we just have to be patient - not my strong point! If I hear anything, I'll let you know. Bear me in mind too, if you hear of any European airings.

Thanks!

:seeya:
:seeya: Good Morning,

The "Disappeared" show has really peaked my interest in Bob's disappearance, and I would like to learn more about his case. I was really "intrigued" by the "family dynamics" and that "Trust."

Is there a timeline here, a media thread, or any other threads that you recommend I read to get caught up on the facts and any updates ?

Thanks !

:please: I hope they find Bob soon ! and there will be Justice !

I second your hopes!

Here you go:

Timeline/Media:CA CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Legal Documents:CA CA - Bob Harrod-Court Documents No discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Memorabilia List:Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

IIRC, BH also kept a key under a flower pot and this was disclosed to a few. I don't know who the few were but BH shows himself to be a very cautious man as he had not disclosed this to even the CL.
From my experience I provided my CL with a key as did most of her clients, however only a small few of them remained in their homes when she cleaned.
One of the very first things she did when she arrived was to strip the bedding and put it in the washer...so it would be washed and dried when she finished her efficient and established cleaning routine.
Not everyone wanted that service...i.e. cleaning the bedding. Some only wanted the beds made and others made the beds themselves. This varied a great deal.

I wonder exactly what all put the CL on alert and made her uneasy before she knew the bed was unmade.
I suppose it is that the SIL was there and BH was not and according to the CL, BH, even before the death of GH, was almost always there when she arrived and provided her services.
But she seems to grow even more uneasy upon entering the house...why???

I don't recall reading about the key under the flowerpot. That could make a big difference - do you know where I can read that?

I don't know why she would have felt uneasy. Maybe the person who was in the house with her made her feel that way? Or maybe....some people have a very sensitive sense of smell. Even if they are not entirely conscious of it. It's possible she smelt death, imo. Many people who know say it is instantly recognisable.

Talking about the episode again,

Mr Z was offered the option to change itune stores to the US, but when he clicked yes, itunes said no!

I've decided not to watch it until I can do so perfectly within copyright rules. I'm just so grateful to ID for airing Bob's episode, I wouldn't want to offend them in anyway!

Mr Z is heading stateside soon, and we are wondering if it would be within copyright for a friend to purchase it there for him, and then we watch it together when he's back in Germany. I don't think a husband and wife watching an episode together would infringe any copyright, would it?........so complicated. Sigh.

If Bob did keep a key beneath a flowerpot, JeM could easily have used that to let himself in. But why would he have taken that on a shopping trip, when he expected Bob to be there when he got back?

Good thought! If an item or items were purchased with cash, LE would have been able to obtain the register's copy of the receipt as you mentioned. I'm sure that would have been something they requested when asking to review surveillance video.

In fact, I am postive it is possible. I've preordered items before they are available to purchase and have misplaced the receipt. When I went back to the store and told them what I purchased and that I had lost the receipt, they were able to look my purchase up on the cash register.

Yet, still only 1 receipt for two hardware store trips. Hmmmm.

BBM. Which brings a particulary disturbing thought to mind: Why wouldn't JeM tell them what he bought so he could be cleared. Either the receipt does not exist because he never went OR the items purchased would be incriminating.

Mel

If Bob did keep a key beneath a flowerpot, JeM could easily have used that to let himself in. But why would he have taken that on a shopping trip, when he expected Bob to be there when he got back?

And why take it if he could easily have used Bob's own keys to get back in?

Mel

Is there a flowerpot in front of Bob's house? We have pictures of it the morning after in the JuM video. I'm off to look.

Yes there is. At least two. June 29th video here: http://bobharrodmissing.com/links.html

But they look really big and heavy to me, so I can't see anyone managing to put a key under them. Maybe there were others closer to the door though?

I am sure I have seen a close up pic of the entire door, but I've forgotten where now.

It wasn't the flower pot, it was the mail box. Agnes said mail box, in the episode.

Unfortunately, although I'm from the heart of Europe and use iTunes frequently, I'm not able to buy any Discovery ID products, nothing shows up looking for disappeared or Long lost love either. They simply don't offer it to us. I really wanted to see this documentary. :banghead:

I'm sorry guys, I tried.

As for why the CL was so concerned. After working for Bob and Georgia for 10 years, I am sure she was used to his usual routine. She mentioned the bed unmade, but I am sure there were also other details she noticed within the home which were out of place.

Those details could be important at trial, so I doubt they would all be released to the public before any trial for Bob's case.

ETA: I'm sure having been in the home many times she would also know whether or not certain items need fixing, or if there were items 'fixed' that previously worked fine. I'm sure we wouldn't learn that until a point at which this case goes to trial.

As for why the CL was so concerned. After working for Bob and Georgia for 10 years, I am sure she was used to his usual routine. She mentioned the bed unmade, but I am sure there were also other details she noticed within the home which were out of place.

Those details could be important at trial, so I doubt they would all be released to the public before any trial for Bob's case.

ETA: I'm sure having been in the home many times she would also know whether or not certain items need fixing, or if there were items 'fixed' that previously worked fine. I'm sure we wouldn't learn that until a point at which this case goes to trial.

My experience with many military men who are retired or had been honorably discharged is that they are extremely disciplined. They do things consistently, diligently, almost religiously, and in an organized, timely fashion. They thrive on structure and do not deviate from their daily routine unless it was scheduled in, or they're in crisis. From what I read about Bob, he was one such military man.

I think the CL felt uneasy because she knew how structured and disciplined he was. That he did not deviate from his normal routine EVER unless there was just cause...

When the CL arrived at his house for the cleaning, Bob did not answer the door. IMO, this was highly unusual. She had been working for Bob for a very long time. She knew that if he scheduled a cleaning appointment with her, in the past he had always been at home, dressed and ready to receive her at the door. And Bob is a 81-y.o. of perhaps limited mobility and was legally blind, so she knew something had to have happened to Bob for him not to answer the door.

Perhaps she suspected he might have passed away in his sleep or that there was foul play. Either way, that'd make the CL "uneasy". So I don't find her reactions to his not answering the door suspect or unreasonable. I also don't believe she had anything to do with his disappearance. Although he was financially wealthy, the CL had nothing to gain from Bob's disappearance and in fact, she loses a client when he went missing.

The only people who gain substantially from Bob's sudden vanishing are his immediate family (daughters, SIL and grandson). They should be the #1 suspects. IMO there was definitely foul play and they did something to cause his disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dalton2020