CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK...I just watched the episode. Bob lived near the same neighborhood I grew up in. Lets cut to the chase without forcing me to read thousands of post's.

Is there any one suspect that everyone agrees on?

OK, I have to add this to show how stupid the spawn are: anything Bob owned before he married Fontelle is considered separate property. She would have had a difficult time benefitting from Bob's death, unless he changed the trust naming her a beneficiary, which he had not done. His disappearance coincides with the new marriage, and there is no doubt in my mind that the two are connected. What selfish, ungrateful children Bob brought into the world. They don't have the decency to even mask their money-grubbing ways. It was obvious to me from watching the show (and reading a little here) that the culprit(s) are standing front and center.

What do you all think of who may be guilty? I can't believe Bob took off on his own volition - he would have shown up a long time ago. No sirree, he is well-hidden. MOO.

OK...I just watched the episode. Bob lived near the same neighborhood I grew up in. Lets cut to the chase without forcing me to read thousands of post's.

Is there any one suspect that everyone agrees on?

:seeya: Welcome. Before we give you our collective opinions, what did you think after seeing the episode? Did anyone stand out as a candidate?

I am interested in hearing who people think is the perp is as well.

Once again as I was reading the transcript it struck me: how the "kids" seem to dislike Bob. What adult child would continually ask for an accounting of the trust? My parents have stuff in a trust and I can't imagine asking how much, what's in it, etc. I just asked if they had enough for retirement and shut my mouth after that.

This leads me to wonder a few things. Did Georgia (the late Mrs. Harrod) come from money? Did she financially "run" the household? Did she promise the kids "her" share of the money when she died?

Not that I think it is right and proper, but I can see if Georgia had a goodly sum of money that had come from her side and she told the kids it was theirs. Then, when she dies the kids, (who perhaps don't have a good relationship with Bob for whatever reason) start becoming concerned that Bob will cut them off somehow.

Otherwise, I just can't imagine the total selfishness coming from the kids. Their relationship with Bob seems unnatural. Almost like he is a stereotypical hated stepdad or something.

Oh, I just presumed JuM had given him that middle name, after her father. How odd. Unless AH really, really idolised his grandfather. But then, wouldn't he have worked a little harder to find him after he disappeared, if that was the case.......?

I do hope it wasn't just an attempt to ingratiate himself with his grandfather, in the hope he would be remembered generously in the Will. Do we know if AH was an adult when the name change took place?

I've always thought it was a possibility that he changed his name to access Bob's finances. Which also brings me to why would AH keep his computer at Bob's house? He could always claim any transactions were done by Bob. Then there was the curious mention, by Fontelle's attorney, about an email sent to Bob's accountant. It's in AH's depo I believe.

The handyman/son-in-law did it...no doubt in my mind and I am never wrong...
:bow:

Case closed. Now tell us where he is, and as long as you are not family I can hook you up with a 50K reward. ;)

Once again as I was reading the transcript it struck me: how the "kids" seem to dislike Bob. What adult child would continually ask for an accounting of the trust? My parents have stuff in a trust and I can't imagine asking how much, what's in it, etc. I just asked if they had enough for retirement and shut my mouth after that.

This leads me to wonder a few things. Did Georgia (the late Mrs. Harrod) come from money? Did she financially "run" the household? Did she promise the kids "her" share of the money when she died?

Not that I think it is right and proper, but I can see if Georgia had a goodly sum of money that had come from her side and she told the kids it was theirs. Then, when she dies the kids, (who perhaps don't have a good relationship with Bob for whatever reason) start becoming concerned that Bob will cut them off somehow.

Otherwise, I just can't imagine the total selfishness coming from the kids. Their relationship with Bob seems unnatural. Almost like he is a stereotypical hated stepdad or something.

I think it was a misunderstanding-I think they thought the bypass trust was theirs when Georgia died. I would be willing to believe that plans were made, maybe even big purchases were made, in preparation for a windfall. And then they couldnt understand why there wasnt a big payout.

And I can envision a very tired, depressed, angry Bob Harrod realizing how money driven they really were.

I've always thought it was a possibility that he changed his name to access Bob's finances. Which also brings me to why would AH keep his computer at Bob's house? He could always claim any transactions were done by Bob. Then there was the curious mention, by Fontelle's attorney, about an email sent to Bob's accountant. It's in AH's depo I believe.

Sort of like Jeff and Jules keeping their sheets there....kwim?

My parents had everything in a trust for us as well, but generally I think a joint trust stays intact until both parents die. Like you, I cannot even imagine asking or questioning my parents about THEIR money. It boggles my mind. I do not think children have a right to their parents money, ever, once they are adults. It should always be a welcome gift if it comes. My family was lucky in that even with six living children, no one fought about anything, once we inherited and this was even with my two youngest brothers getting the family home, due to medical needs, and my mom leaving money to my brother's widow from our share at the last moment. My parents divided the rest equally and we were all very fortunate that they enjoyed their lives and still were able to set aside money. But I would give back every penny, as would all of my siblings, to have one or both of them back and healthy.

That is why this case sickens me so. How anyone cannot be deliriously happy to still have a relatively healthy and happy parent at such an age is beyond me. And to think he was badgered about the money he worked all his life to earn and then possibly murdered in an effort to get their hands on it, is beyond belief.

Sort of like Jeff and Jules keeping their sheets there....kwim?

In most missing person cases I've followed, missing furniture, rugs, bedding and a sudden urge to do repairs or remodel, is a perp removing evidence a murder took place. And in this case we have home repairs and missing sheets. I've lost count of all the Home Depot and Walmart videos I've seen of perps purchasing their supplies.

I'd give my right arm to see the Home Depot receipt.

Calsar, may I pick your brain a little? Where is the most likely spot in Bob's area to dump construction waste, and what canyons or areas do you think it would be most likely someone would dump something from a truck, roll it down a hill maybe and drive away? During the day.

What is the daytime traffic like in the area?

In most missing person cases I've followed, missing furniture, rugs, bedding and a sudden urge to do repairs or remodel, is a perp removing evidence a murder took place. And in this case we have home repairs and missing sheets. I've lost count of all the Home Depot and Walmart videos I've seen of perps purchasing their supplies.

PPD was remarkably forthcoming in the episode. Perhaps the release of the receipts is next....

Bad news: Bob's website is down.

Good news: It's down because it has had more traffic than I ever expected it to, and will be back asap. I still don't ever want to wake up to that again though.

For anyone who likes statistics, 80% per cent of that traffic has been coming straight from google. That's reassuring because it means the website isn't detracting from other sources of info about Bob, like WS. It's disseminating info and linking new people in to the already established sources of information.

The other interesting statistic is that nearly 60 per cent of viewers are favouriting the site - they are interested enough in Bob's case to want to return for updates. I'm told by those who know this is a very good percentage.

I am just so glad so many people are interested in seeing Bob brought home. I really hope it can happen soon.

ETA: It came back while I was typing this!

BBM

This is something that disturbs me the most. So much of what has been said or posted by the daughters (or people claiming to be daughters and certainly seeming to have a lot of inside info) seemed totally abnormal and unnatural to me. And yet they seemed to think it was totally normal. I don't think they ever expected to get a bad reaction from others.

True, a lot of what they posted has been deleted, but not because they themselves suddenly realised how bad it looked; it was only other people pointing out how unnatural it was that seemed to make them remove things or change their behaviour - stopping the strange posts on fb/myspace that were damaging Bob's case, for example. When things they said to msm got a bad reaction and couldn't be deleted, they blamed the journalists - on being 'taken out of context'.

I did begin to wonder at one stage if it was just us small group of WSers perceiving it like that, but the public reaction to Long Lost Love put that theory to bed for me, once and for all.

It still does worry me that because of their seeming lack of ability to see their actions and words as many others do, daughters have managed to cast suspicions on themselves, that they may be witholding information. But that really, they have absolutely no ideas or even theories about what may have happened to Bob at all.

I don't have that same worry with son-in-law JeM and grandson AH. They haven't said anything publically, apart from AH's deposition and comments of the police welfare check report. It is purely their actions I find suspicious - AH's activities with Bob's money, and JeM's activities on the day Bob went missing. And being the last known person to have seen him.

Apart from Fontelle's bravery in staying in California to keep the lamp in the window lit for Bob, I don't find anything odd in her behaviour or words since Bob disappeared at all. She's said only nice things about him - that's what the family of most missing loved ones do; she has stressed how he would not have left on his own - so people keep on looking for him. And she has spoken to the media again and again, opened her house and her heart to them, all in the cause of bringing Bob home.

Those little postcards she posted all along Bob's street, when Long Lost Love aired, letting neighbours know so they'd watch? That's exactly what I'd expect a loved one of a missing person to do. That's normal behaviour to me.

Me too!!!!!!

BBM

This is something that disturbs me the most. So much of what has been said or posted by the daughters (or people claiming to be daughters and certainly seeming to have a lot of inside info) seemed totally abnormal and unnatural to me. And yet they seemed to think it was totally normal. I don't think they ever expected to get a bad reaction from others.

True, a lot of what they posted has been deleted, but not because they themselves suddenly realised how bad it looked; it was only other people pointing out how unnatural it was that seemed to make them remove things or change their behaviour - stopping the strange posts on fb/myspace that were damaging Bob's case, for example. When things they said to msm got a bad reaction and couldn't be deleted, they blamed the journalists - on being 'taken out of context'.

I did begin to wonder at one stage if it was just us small group of WSers perceiving it like that, but the public reaction to Long Lost Love put that theory to bed for me, once and for all.

It still does worry me that because of their seeming lack of ability to see their actions and words as many others do, daughters have managed to cast suspicions on themselves, that they may be witholding information. But that really, they have absolutely no ideas or even theories about what may have happened to Bob at all.

I don't have that same worry with son-in-law JeM and grandson AH. They haven't said anything publically, apart from AH's deposition and comments of the police welfare check report. It is purely their actions I find suspicious - AH's activities with Bob's money, and JeM's activities on the day Bob went missing. And being the last known person to have seen him.

Apart from Fontelle's bravery in staying in California to keep the lamp in the window lit for Bob, I don't find anything odd in her behaviour or words since Bob disappeared at all. She's said only nice things about him - that's what the family of most missing loved ones do; she has stressed how he would not have left on his own - so people keep on looking for him. And she has spoken to the media again and again, opened her house and her heart to them, all in the cause of bringing Bob home.

Those little postcards she posted all along Bob's street, when Long Lost Love aired, letting neighbours know so they'd watch? That's exactly what I'd expect a loved one of a missing person to do. That's normal behaviour to me.

Zwie, on the other, now defunct forum, the daughters had a bit of a following there. I could never understand how these "fans" of theirs weren't as horrified as I was about the mean spirited and disgusting comments made about their own father. At times I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. Thank God for the normal posters who didnt put up with their garbage and demanded straight answers from them. Let me tell you, they HATED that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic