CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Excellent points! Definitely sounds like the bio family did something horrible to Bob.

I thought the Disappeared video just didn't show the bio family checking up on Bob at his home, but that the family had physically gone over to check on him BEFORE they made the Welfare Check and Fontelle phonecalls to inform them their dad was missing, no? Isn't that what normal people would do before they call authorities?

But you're saying that you know for a fact that after the housekeeper and SIL left the home where Bob mysteriously disappeared on Monday, NO ONE checked up on Bob until welfare check came, and the youngest daughter showed up the next day to change bedsheets in Bob's bedroom. WTH :banghead: That's so callous and irresponsible, it's un-freakin-believable!

I agree that the bio family seems to be going head over heels in deliberately providing misinformation to the investigation. I read that they told reporters a few days after their dad's vanishing that their dad took his eyeglasses with him when he went missing. So which is it? Did Bob have his eyeglasses or didn't he? Did he leave his glasses at home or not? How many pairs of glasses does Bob own? Are they all the correct vision prescriptions?

IMO the bio family are all in on it. We have to wait for one of them to develop a conscience and 'fess up. Or maybe there's a video out there that captured one of them driving Bob away from the home and digging a hole somewhere...

The glasses are just another one of those 'facts' that have evolved. All the first media reports - when son-in-law's wife JuM appeared to be doing all the talking - say he did not have his glasses with him. Then slowly, suggestions start appearing from the daughters that they weren't sure 'how many pair he had' and so Bob may have taken them, after all.

Like he may have been wearing a white shirt.

May have got cold feet

May have had dementia

May have mixed himself up with someone dark, very dark.

It just goes on and on, but none of it helped much, or made anything any clearer, imo.

BBM

The glasses are just another one of those 'facts' that have evolved. All the first media reports - when son-in-law's wife JuM appeared to be doing all the talking - say he did not have his glasses with him. Then slowly, suggestions start appearing from the daughters that they weren't sure 'how many pair he had' and so Bob may have taken them, after all.

Like he may have been wearing a white shirt.

May have got cold feet

May have had dementia

May have mixed himself up with someone dark, very dark.

It just goes on and on, but none of it helped much, or made anything any clearer, imo.
BBM

It doesn't seem like this would be too hard to determine. All they wouldn't need to do is take whatever glasses were still at the home and check the prescription/frame model against his vision records. Then match that against recent photos of Bob to see if those were, in fact, the glasses he normally wore. Besides, Fontelle would likely know if Bob always wore the same glasses, or if he sometimes wore an older pair. I would think that it would be of monumental importance to determine whether or not Bob had his usual eyeglasses when we went missing! To me, it's an enormous clue as to the manner of Bob's disappearance.

i've been playing on Google Earth tracing a route from Running Springs to Placentia and Dear Lord above if Bob were dumped *shudder* along that long, winding (and at places very steep sided) road it would take a miracle to find him. :-(

I'm hoping for a little bit of a miracle. And a lot of Oriah.

I think it was a misunderstanding-I think they thought the bypass trust was theirs when Georgia died. I would be willing to believe that plans were made, maybe even big purchases were made, in preparation for a windfall. And then they couldnt understand why there wasnt a big payout.

And I can envision a very tired, depressed, angry Bob Harrod realizing how money driven they really were.

I agree, 110%. I think the daughters misunderstood bypass, thinking it bypassed the surviving spouse and went straight to them. How wrong they were.

Finally got to see the Disappeared episode of this case. I love how Disappeared lays out the story. I know they can't fit everything in one hour but I think they do a good job. This case really reminded me of another case: The murders of Dennis and Merna Koula by their son Eric Koula. I definitely think this was a relative. The scenarios are similar. Eric was told by his Dad a loan was due and he needed to pay up. His dad also told a close co-worker that he was no longer going to give his adult children any more handouts or loans. A very short while later, both parents were dead. I think Eric knew he was being cut off and couldn't handle it and snapped; plus he got more money with a forged check. I see the trust issues as shocking in Bob's disappearance. I was wondering if Bob was woken up and caught off guard and that is why his bed was unmade? It could also be an explanation of why no DNA or signs of a body are found in the truck. Maybe he was asleep, told he needed to get up and go immediately for some reason and was harmed else where? Thanks for being so dedicated to this thread! May the truth be shouted from the roof tops!

BBM

Good point!

Why did the family change the sheets?

Did Bob get in the truck for the 1st trip to the hardware store and not return???

Therefore, the family surprise to the cleaning lady being there???

I agree, 110%. I think the daughters misunderstood bypass, thinking it bypassed the surviving spouse and went straight to them. How wrong they were.

So who has control of the money/trust?
How much is there?

i've been playing on Google Earth tracing a route from Running Springs to Placentia and Dear Lord above if Bob were dumped *shudder* along that long, winding (and at places very steep sided) road it would take a miracle to find him. :-(

It does seem like it would take a miracle, doesn't it?

For some reason thinking about Mr. Harrod's possible location brought a quote from Margaret Mead to my mind; maybe because I think it embodies his case.

"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Mr. Harrod, we will find you.

BBM

This is something that disturbs me the most. So much of what has been said or posted by the daughters (or people claiming to be daughters and certainly seeming to have a lot of inside info) seemed totally abnormal and unnatural to me. And yet they seemed to think it was totally normal. I don't think they ever expected to get a bad reaction from others.

True, a lot of what they posted has been deleted, but not because they themselves suddenly realised how bad it looked; it was only other people pointing out how unnatural it was that seemed to make them remove things or change their behaviour - stopping the strange posts on fb/myspace that were damaging Bob's case, for example. When things they said to msm got a bad reaction and couldn't be deleted, they blamed the journalists - on being 'taken out of context'.

A few things stand out specifcially with regards to the above comments.

Bob's daughters have deflected any and ALL responsibility for their behavior on their parents wishes. There is still something regarding Paula's statement, "we warned him" that appears to place ALL blame on Bob for his disappearance, as if that comment is stating, 'we warned him - he did it anyway - these are the consequences of his actions'.

And then of course there is the blame game. The media misrepresented them, they've insulted Bobs' wife, the police, Bob's best friend PE, and have called Agnes a liar. The long list of conspirators who don't know each other and have nothing to gain in any of this just grows longer and longer as facts are presented in this case. And I am sure I have forgotten some who Bob's daughters have added to the blame list.

And if they think it is not obvious, they are kidding themselves.

I don't think there has been any suggestion Bob changed the locks. However, one of Bob's daughters warned Fontelle to change the locks, after Bob had disappeared. And I THINK it was JuM, the wife of son-in-law.

That seems odd to me, given that she had no hesitation about going down to the house alone, only the day after Bob disappeared.

There have been lots of statements about Bob's wallet and keys being gone, but I am not sure if that means house or car keys. Hopefully, someone else can offer you more info.

IIRC, it was Paula who suggested Fontelle change the locks, and later daughter Julie was whining on her community forum about Fontelle changing the locks and them not having access to their fathers home.

None of the bio family members did their own welfare check. Look at the Disappeared video. RB says that she called the police to have them do a welfare check. At 8PM at night.

1.) Grandson AH lived one street over. He was Johnny on the spot to meet PPD at Bob's house when PPD showed up to do the welfare check. He got the key from trusted neighbor.

Why hadnt he entered Bob's house and checked already? :waitasec:

2.) RB and PB are physically located very close to their father's home. Not only did they not head to their father's house themselves, they didnt even call in a Missing Persons report. Fontelle did that from 1100 miles away.

3.) SIL left. Just left. Yet he tells PPD at some point that perhaps Bob became ill.

Left his work undone and his father in law twisting in the wind, possibly ill somewhere. And heads home to RS. Even if RS is 2 hours a way, it is still closer than 1100 miles.

4.) JuM-she races down the hill to change sheets. After she didnt call in a Missing Persons report. After she fed what ever information she fed to Fontelle-the good humor man outfit, the phantom SUV etc....she feeds all of this third hand information to Fontelle and has Fontelle file a MP report. From 1100 miles away.

Did I mention the distance Fontelle was from Placentia?

Then JuM proceeds to throw her husband under the bus by putting him in the house when Bob disappears. Just like her son helpfully points out to PPD that there has been fighting in the family.

In any case, all of the bio family ran for Bob's checking accounts and his money while PPD was looking for a man who wasnt wearing the clothing that was first communicated, who didnt have cold feet, who didnt have dementia and who wasnt wearing his glasses.

A man whose wife was worried enough about him to immediately call in a missing persons report, and a man whose cleaning lady was so upset at what she found in the house that day she cried two years later when interviewed about it.

No, Bob's bio family didnt do their own welfare check. They just provided the mis information (imo) that would make him harder to find.

:goodpost: Especially the last three paragraphs.

BBM

It doesn't seem like this would be too hard to determine. All they wouldn't need to do is take whatever glasses were still at the home and check the prescription/frame model against his vision records. Then match that against recent photos of Bob to see if those were, in fact, the glasses he normally wore. Besides, Fontelle would likely know if Bob always wore the same glasses, or if he sometimes wore an older pair. I would think that it would be of monumental importance to determine whether or not Bob had his usual eyeglasses when we went missing! To me, it's an enormous clue as to the manner of Bob's disappearance.

This was one of the suggestions made early on that Bob's daughters posted roadblocks of why it wouldn't work. IIRC, they said something along the lines of he didn't have one place he purchased glasses.....

I'd imagine if if this is one of the things LE did look into, we'd hear this added to the list of things contrary to what the family said.

How much is there?

Bob's two older daughters are co-conservators. They never provided an accounting for 2009, iirc. I don't know an exact amount, but I think it was a few million. I wouldn't know what was left of it.

How much is there?

Now, there's the rub, to quote someone else.

There is Bob's house in California.
Grandson AH's former house in California.
Daughter PB's house in California, I believe.
Maybe more property owned by Georgia?
Maybe parental inheritances from Bob's own parents and Georgia's?
Probably a pension from a lifetime spent working in the aerospace industry?
An additional, private pension?
Cash from the wise property investments over the years, as mentioned by LE.
Profits from where that cash was invested wisely, over the years.

My own opinion is that it is probably getting on for five million. Definitely over two. But that's just a guess.

Cubby, I wanted to bring up a post I found when I was back in the earliest threads from years ago, yesterday. Now I've lost it. But it was you, saying how Bob's case had grown cold and hadn't seen any activity for ages, so you'd bumped it up.

So I just wanted to thank you for that simple gesture, all that time ago. And thank you so much for doing so much for Bob, for so many years.

Question (SAR-related ) What do ya'll think about getting a calculus based flowchart set up, using all of the POI's named- which is pretty much everyone I guess at this point.
Calling all math geeks? anyone, anyone??

I've got no idea what you're talking about, but I'm linking your post to Mr Z. If anything'll get him to join, that post will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry