CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zwie, on the other, now defunct forum, the daughters had a bit of a following there. I could never understand how these "fans" of theirs weren't as horrified as I was about the mean spirited and disgusting comments made about their own father. At times I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. Thank God for the normal posters who didnt put up with their garbage and demanded straight answers from them. Let me tell you, they HATED that!

I do really struggle to understand how people could support mean-spirited comments and attacks on a missing person in no position to defend themselves. Especially if that could discourage a search for that person. But I realise some people do, for whatever reason. It's a matter of moral compass, life-experience and temperament, I suppose.

But I do wonder, if those supporters had been asked in another context how they'd expect the daughters of a missing father to behave, what their answer would have been;

They'd expect normal behaviour to include searching, publicising and saying good things about the missing person?

Or they'd expect normal behaviour to include terrible comments online, no active searching and closing down attempts to publicise the case?

I do really struggle to understand how people could support mean-spirited comments and attacks on a missing person in no position to defend themselves. Especially if that could discourage a search for that person. But I realise some people do, for whatever reason. It's a matter of moral compass, life-experience and temperament, I suppose.

But I do wonder, if those supporters had been asked in another context how they'd expect the daughters of a missing father to behave, what their answer would have been;

They'd expect normal behaviour to include searching, publicising and saying good things about the missing person?

Or they'd expect normal behaviour to include terrible comments online, no active searching and closing down attempts to publicise the case?

You mean you wouldnt expect the family of a missing person not to do a welfare check themselves? And you wouldnt expect the family of a missing person to refuse to go to Placentia because they were uncomfortable with the location?

Staying away is pretty significant behavior in and of itself. Major red flags there.

I mean really, as if Placentia was prone to gang violence on Carnation Dr. :furious:

You mean you wouldnt expect the family of a missing person not to do a welfare check themselves? And you wouldnt expect the family of a missing person to refuse to go to Placentia because they were uncomfortable with the location?

Staying away is pretty significant behavior in and of itself. Major red flags there.

I mean really, as if Placentia was prone to gang violence on Carnation Dr. :furious:

Uncomfortable with the location? But didn't daughter JuM and son-in-law JeM choose to move there before Bob did? And grandson AH lived a block or two away as well.

Yet another thing that just doesn't add up to me.

Finally got to see the Disappeared episode of this case. I love how Disappeared lays out the story. I know they can't fit everything in one hour but I think they do a good job. This case really reminded me of another case: The murders of Dennis and Merna Koula by their son Eric Koula. I definitely think this was a relative. The scenarios are similar. Eric was told by his Dad a loan was due and he needed to pay up. His dad also told a close co-worker that he was no longer going to give his adult children any more handouts or loans. A very short while later, both parents were dead. I think Eric knew he was being cut off and couldn't handle it and snapped; plus he got more money with a forged check. I see the trust issues as shocking in Bob's disappearance. I was wondering if Bob was woken up and caught off guard and that is why his bed was unmade? It could also be an explanation of why no DNA or signs of a body are found in the truck. Maybe he was asleep, told he needed to get up and go immediately for some reason and was harmed else where? Thanks for being so dedicated to this thread! May the truth be shouted from the roof tops!

His dad also told a close co-worker that he was no longer going to give his adult children any more handouts or loans.

I think this is a very real possibility, and thank you for raising it on this thread. It makes sense in many ways-imagine if you believed you were going to receive a windfall via the bypass trust only to find out that the money was left to your father and was in fact going to be distributed only after he died. Imagine being told that your new stepmother was going to be added to the checking accounts, the house and the estate planning. Then imagine in a heated family meeting that you are told no more handouts.

If you were in a precarious financial position, well....

In most missing person cases I've followed, missing furniture, rugs, bedding and a sudden urge to do repairs or remodel, is a perp removing evidence a murder took place. And in this case we have home repairs and missing sheets. I've lost count of all the Home Depot and Walmart videos I've seen of perps purchasing their supplies.

I'd give my right arm to see the Home Depot receipt.

Good post!!!!

I really thought I read about an extra hidden key within the first few pages of this thread?
Sorry if it is a wild goose chase, it's alot to go back thro'!

Another Bob Harrod still missing facebook page has appeared, with nothing on it.

I really hope this is someone genuinely trying to help locate Bob, and not someone trying to obstruct the search for him. The more attention his case gets the better, but at the moment I am struggling to see how empty fb pages are intended to do anything but harm his cause.

Is it possible there are people out there who would really do that? Or is it just someone struggling to publicise Bob's cause and they need some help? I don't know what to think.

I really thought I read about an extra hidden key within the first few pages of this thread?
Sorry if it is a wild goose chase, it's alot to go back thro'!

Yes, you did, but it was a key Bob usually hid in a mailbox for the housekeeper, not in a flowerpot. It wasn't left there for her, the day he disappeared.

Another Bob Harrod still missing facebook page has appeared, with nothing on it.

I really hope this is someone genuinely trying to help locate Bob, and not someone trying to obstruct the search for him. The more attention his case gets the better, but at the moment I am struggling to see how empty fb pages are intended to do anything but harm his cause.

Is it possible there are people out there who would really do that? Or is it just someone struggling to publicise Bob's cause and they need some help? I don't know what to think.

I am not sure how this all works, but do the empty pages end up at the top of the Google search feature?

If that is the case, well then :thud:

Serious question- do you want Robert Merle Harrod found or not?

ok. I just skimmed thro page 15 of thread 1.
BOB had a key. That is all that is really known.
His daughters said a neighbor had a key, I don't know if CAExile confirmed this or not or if it has been confirmed.
Keys were missing..house? car? both? Again the discussion of that is way back in the threads.
daughters say they had keys? Would Bob have allowed them access after asking for a 6 month hiatus?
Would he have changed locks or been too frugal? Also there were home repairs to be done as he was expecting SIL to arrive and help with those...so I vote he did not change locks on the theory that if he had kept up with that he would also have kept up with small home repairs.
Uninstalled patio lights, who purchased those and when?
I still have not read up to date, these are just some loose ends I noticed.
After I was laid off, I became close friends with my CL and worked beside her as an assistant for a time.
I can tell you...messy or neat, she knew what to expect in each of the homes she worked. Every home has it's own habits and patterns. If these were out of whack she would have noticed right off the bat. Bob's CL was not new to his home. Maybe it is the things left behind that unnerved her? It could be anything, something that might seem innocous to anyone else but that was irregular in this home.
In one home we did, always there were newspapers and magazines strewn on a table, if they had so much as been straightened into a stack, it would have raised our eyebrows.
Bob did not tell CL that SIL would be there. I would surmise from that that he expected him to be finished and gone by the time CL arrived or if not that he himself would be there to let her in and tell her at that time.
Bob earned his monies, therefore I would expect that in the course of his time and raising a family and the time period he was born into and began his family that he was not a total stranger to home repairs. What he could not do with bad knees would be to climb a ladder or lift and carry anything of weight or stand for a prolonged period of time.
I don't think he was a procrastinator either, evidence suggests he planned and executed things timely and orderly. Thus I don't think he just left repairs ignored, that he would have gotten into his toolbox or had someone make the repair rather than let it snowball and accumulate.
Fontelle was in the home and then returned to MO to pack. I wonder how she might enlighten us about the repairs?
If these have been answered and it is just that I still have not caught up...excuse me, please.

I have contradicted myself as to whether repairs had piled up or not...all in 2 paragraphs, just thinking out loud. LOL.
so which is it, I wonder?

I don't think there has been any suggestion Bob changed the locks. However, one of Bob's daughters warned Fontelle to change the locks, after Bob had disappeared. And I THINK it was JuM, the wife of son-in-law.

That seems odd to me, given that she had no hesitation about going down to the house alone, only the day after Bob disappeared.

There have been lots of statements about Bob's wallet and keys being gone, but I am not sure if that means house or car keys. Hopefully, someone else can offer you more info.

Those Bob Harrod still missing empty facebook pages; Only google knows how google really works I think, but in my opinion, even if they do end up at the top of google searches, they are going to have a load of websleuths links directly below with the beginning of posts talking about empty facebook pages.

This one will probably be up there in a day or so because I've put the right words in. People really don't like it when they look for information and get nothing. It irritates them. So I think the natural thing they will do is click on the next link down that seems to have some info about who is being so annoying. That'll be Websleuths.

If I was going to mess about like that, I would have to be very proud and confident of what I was doing, especially if I was doing it on facebook. That is just my opinion though, as I've never had a fb page and never will.

I'm still hoping a lovely, informative facebook page for Bob will spring up at last, and I'll have to run around apologising for being such a cynic. Meanwhile, I am going to concentrate on locating and helping Bob, and try not to get distracted.

The UID male found in the Wash near Highland Ave in April 2012 is not in Namus. I haven't found any identified men on the San Bernardino Coroner's site either. And I can't find this man in our UID thread.

I have found an appeal by the SB Coroner's Office issued yesterday, for help in finding the family of a deceased man they have identified, so I'm going to take that to a thread where WS posters can help. I'd like to lend a hand to the San Bernardino Coroner's office, because I'm sure their hands will reach out to help bring Bob home, if they get the chance.

http://redlands.patch.com/articles/coroner-s-seek-public-s-help-in-finding-deaceased-man-s-family

I don't think there has been any suggestion Bob changed the locks. However, one of Bob's daughters warned Fontelle to change the locks, after Bob had disappeared. And I THINK it was JuM, the wife of son-in-law.

That seems odd to me, given that she had no hesitation about going down to the house alone, only the day after Bob disappeared.

There have been lots of statements about Bob's wallet and keys being gone, but I am not sure if that means house or car keys. Hopefully, someone else can offer you more info.

Ok, I've thoroughly perused the timeline :) There's some discrepancy as to when Bob was last seen/heard from.

According to one poster, Fontelle had last spoken to Bob Sunday night, evidently during or after the family dispute that night because she was made aware of the fight and I presume she heard about it from Bob.

There was a Monday morning ~10am phone call from someone whose name has not been given out by the police. (Some people believe it was the housekeeper changing schedules from Tues to Mon). So if we believe this person who called is a non-family member who has no stake in Bob's life, that s/he is an impartial bystander to the family saga, then we may be able to say that Bob was still alive and in speaking condition Monday at 10am...unless the man the caller spoke to was NOT Bob, but SIL...

According to one of the older daughters, she telephoned Bob between 11am-1pm and allegedly OVERHEARD SIL talking to Bob in the background that SIL was going to Home Depot. (I find this iffy as how can she not know the precise time she called her own dad? All she had to do was look at her own phone records. So my thinking is that if she participated in her Dad's disappearance, then she had called and spoken directly with SIL about carrying through with their plan to do her Dad harm).

The housekeeper's time of arrival at Bob's house varied from noon to 3pm. Which is it? Does anyone know for certain? Is there an insider here who can track down the housekeeper and ask her directly? Also can the insider ask housekeeper whether she telephoned Bob Monday morning?

I wish the police would just give us all the info...like the store receipts of SIL and the phone records of all parties. lol

Re: SIL's wife, JuM (Bob's youngest daughter). She seems to be a real take-charge gal. Was she the one who did the income tax for Bob and noticed his financial windfall? I think that if SIL was involved in Bob's disappearance, JuM definitely was too.

I'm confused about this. Did the daughters NOT physically go over to Bob's house to check on their own dad when they thought he went missing on Monday?

I do recall reading that the youngest, JuM, went over on Tuesday to change Bob's bedsheets for some unknown reason.

I'm confused about this. Did the daughters NOT physically go over to Bob's house to check on their own dad when they thought he went missing on Monday?

I do recall reading that the youngest, JuM, went over on Tuesday to change Bob's bedsheets for some unknown reason.

None of the bio family members did their own welfare check. Look at the Disappeared video. RB says that she called the police to have them do a welfare check. At 8PM at night.

1.) Grandson AH lived one street over. He was Johnny on the spot to meet PPD at Bob's house when PPD showed up to do the welfare check. He got the key from trusted neighbor.

Why hadnt he entered Bob's house and checked already? :waitasec:

2.) RB and PB are physically located very close to their father's home. Not only did they not head to their father's house themselves, they didnt even call in a Missing Persons report. Fontelle did that from 1100 miles away.

3.) SIL left. Just left. Yet he tells PPD at some point that perhaps Bob became ill.

Left his work undone and his father in law twisting in the wind, possibly ill somewhere. And heads home to RS. Even if RS is 2 hours a way, it is still closer than 1100 miles.

4.) JuM-she races down the hill to change sheets. After she didnt call in a Missing Persons report. After she fed what ever information she fed to Fontelle-the good humor man outfit, the phantom SUV etc....she feeds all of this third hand information to Fontelle and has Fontelle file a MP report. From 1100 miles away.

Did I mention the distance Fontelle was from Placentia?

Then JuM proceeds to throw her husband under the bus by putting him in the house when Bob disappears. Just like her son helpfully points out to PPD that there has been fighting in the family.

In any case, all of the bio family ran for Bob's checking accounts and his money while PPD was looking for a man who wasnt wearing the clothing that was first communicated, who didnt have cold feet, who didnt have dementia and who wasnt wearing his glasses.

A man whose wife was worried enough about him to immediately call in a missing persons report, and a man whose cleaning lady was so upset at what she found in the house that day she cried two years later when interviewed about it.

No, Bob's bio family didnt do their own welfare check. They just provided the mis information (imo) that would make him harder to find.

None of the bio family members did their own welfare check. Look at the Disappeared video. RB says that she called the police to have them do a welfare check. At 8PM at night.

1.) Grandson AH lived one street over. He was Johnny on the spot to meet PPD at Bob's house when PPD showed up to do the welfare check. He got the key from trusted neighbor.

Why hadnt he entered Bob's house and checked already? :waitasec:

2.) RB and PB are physically located very close to their father's home. Not only did they not head to their father's house themselves, they didnt even call in a Missing Persons report. Fontelle did that from 1100 miles away.

3.) SIL left. Just left. Yet he tells PPD at some point that perhaps Bob became ill.

Left his work undone and his father in law twisting in the wind, possibly ill somewhere. And heads home to RS. Even if RS is 2 hours a way, it is still closer than 1100 miles.

4.) JuM-she races down the hill to change sheets. After she didnt call in a Missing Persons report. After she fed what ever information she fed to Fontelle-the good humor man outfit, the phantom SUV etc....she feeds all of this third hand information to Fontelle and has Fontelle file a MP report. From 1100 miles away.

Did I mention the distance Fontelle was from Placentia?

Then JuM proceeds to throw her husband under the bus by putting him in the house when Bob disappears. Just like her son helpfully points out to PPD that there has been fighting in the family.

In any case, all of the bio family ran for Bob's checking accounts and his money while PPD was looking for a man who wasnt wearing the clothing that was first communicated, who didnt have cold feet, who didnt have dementia and who wasnt wearing his glasses.

A man whose wife was worried enough about him to immediately call in a missing persons report, and a man whose cleaning lady was so upset at what she found in the house that day she cried two years later when interviewed about it.

No, Bob's bio family didnt do their own welfare check. They just provided the mis information (imo) that would make him harder to find.

Excellent points! Definitely sounds like the bio family did something horrible to Bob.

I thought the Disappeared video just didn't show the bio family checking up on Bob at his home, but that the family had physically gone over to check on him BEFORE they made the Welfare Check and Fontelle phonecalls to inform them their dad was missing, no? Isn't that what normal people would do before they call authorities?

But you're saying that you know for a fact that after the housekeeper and SIL left the home where Bob mysteriously disappeared on Monday, NO ONE checked up on Bob until welfare check came, and the youngest daughter showed up the next day to change bedsheets in Bob's bedroom. WTH :banghead: That's so callous and irresponsible, it's un-freakin-believable!

I agree that the bio family seems to be going head over heels in deliberately providing misinformation to the investigation. I read that they told reporters a few days after their dad's vanishing that their dad took his eyeglasses with him when he went missing. So which is it? Did Bob have his eyeglasses or didn't he? Did he leave his glasses at home or not? How many pairs of glasses does Bob own? Are they all the correct vision prescriptions?

IMO the bio family are all in on it. We have to wait for one of them to develop a conscience and 'fess up. Or maybe there's a video out there that captured one of them driving Bob away from the home and digging a hole somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic