CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge and very important point imvho. How did Mr. Harrod get from inside the residence to outside the residence?

In the sheets that were on his bed? They would have been 'mismatched' if SIL carried Bob out in the top sheet and the fitted sheet was left. Perhaps that's why JuM was so concerned about the mismatched sheets?

Wow. You guys are all nailing it. Some great posts in the last few pages!

Here is another place the Disappeared Episode, Long Lost Love, which features Bob's case can be purchased:

Full episodes are also available for 1.99 on youtube.

Long Lost Love - YouTube

I keep hoping to find one which works for zwie'.

I think this is a very real possibility, and thank you for raising it on this thread. It makes sense in many ways-imagine if you believed you were going to receive a windfall via the bypass trust only to find out that the money was left to your father and was in fact going to be distributed only after he died. Imagine being told that your new stepmother was going to be added to the checking accounts, the house and the estate planning. Then imagine in a heated family meeting that you are told no more handouts.

If you were in a precarious financial position, well....

Yes! That money may have been spent already in their minds. I wish we knew what all was said that night at that meeting. I imagine, like you said, that new stepmom and her new role in the finances did come up. It was Bob's money after all. I understand when we pass on that usually our money and objects go to our children but they way they talked in the show is shocking. Bob worked and planned for that money. I was also shocked that the kids told Fontelle to get out of the house. At this point, Fontelle may have felt that Bob might still be found. The adult children didn't see it that way imo. Why would a wife need to leave her home, even if she just newly moved there? Especially moving so far away and starting over. So she is supposed to just pack up and leave her missing husband?!

Poor Bob. With a family like that who needs enemies?

He should have just added Fontelle to the accounts and then told them later. Months and months later.

I'm glad they married the same day that they got the license. Otherwise I feel sure his disappearance would have happened before the wedding.

Mel.

That's for sure! I feel for Fontelle from what I've read and seen. You think you are meeting a lost love and will have a nice life together after all these years only to find out you have walked into a nightmare, missing spouse and are fighting your new husband's family in court :eek:. They seemed so genuinely happy in their news interviews about finding each other. Maybe it was good Fontelle went home for her things or she would have disappeared too

FINALLY someone has uploaded this episode to youtube.. if you wanna watch it just put the name in this way... Disappeared 6x13 season 6 episode 13 long lost love full episode by john smith 15hrs ago...

I found it by just typing.... Disappeared Long Lost Love

OT, but I do not see any upcoming new episodes of "Disappeared" when I do a search. I thought they had just started a new season.

Yes, that is being discussed on the ID fb page too. There are still no press releases from ID though.

Best way to tell is probably to check if Peacock Productions are still putting out casting calls for upcoming episodes.

I just want to circle back for a moment on the possibility that Bob left the house in his pajamas. Mrs Harrod states in Disappeared that Bob's slippers (which were shown as well) were still in the house.

So if Bob wasnt fully dressed, he was most certainly taken by surprise unless it was his custom to walk around the house in socks or sneakers and his pajamas.

Those slippers look pretty broken in.

Were the slippers on Disappeared the same ones shown here (pic 6)? It's just that I thought they looked quite new.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.html?pic=1

ETA: I take that back. I can see the imprint of Bob's heels in them. :(

ETA: There is also a picture of one pair of glasses that Bob clearly did not take with him at that link.

Bob’s Glasses - Reference Info

LA Times Article (7/31/2009)
Harrod's car and glasses are at the house, Loomis said, but his wallet and keys are missing.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jul/31/local/me-missing-groom31

Daughter RB on IS (8/2/2009)
Bob had some spare glasses but left the ones he wears most often sitting on the kitchen table.

Daughter PB on IS (8/12/2009)
We found three pair of glasses and thought that was all he had, I doubt very seriously that he would have left without his glasses. He NEVER went without his glasses.

LA Times Article (2/2/2010)
His wallet and keys were gone but his car, glasses and credit cards were left behind.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/4

Daughter RB on IS (8/2/2010)
He had numerous old pairs of glasses. After his disappearance they were able to find three pairs in the house but we later noticed in a fairly recent photograph that he was wearing another pair that were not found. So much for that idea and the media’s focus and staged filming of the glasses on the table for dramatic effect.

Pictures and videos of glasses:

OC Register Article (10/8/2009) Close up pic of glasses on kitchen table: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.html?pic=5

Bob out in the sun - looks like same pair of glasses rather than sunglasses: http://epaper.ocregister.com/Repository/OCWPlacentiaNewsTimes/2009/07/09/OCWPlacentiaNewsTimes_2009_07_09_FINAL.pdf#OLV0_Page_0001

Lets put it this way-the fact that there is even a question makes the presence of them inside the house very likely to me. jmvho.

My bullet points of odd behavior in the weeks following Bob's disappearance:

>JeM never went back to finish projects the next day after leaving a note that he would do so. Allowed wife JuM to go DTH all alone.

>Grandson AH immediately stopped payments towards mortgage held by Bob (to be forgiven at Bob's DEATH OR...)

>Daughters ran to lawyer to gain control of Bob's money.

>Daughters "suggest" that Mrs. Harrod depart from Bob's and her home.

>Daughters start posting evil, nasty comments about their father on message boards.

>Suggestions of dementia and cold feet are given to LE.

No searches, no vigils, no nothing to raise awareness and help find Mr. Harrod.
It's "almost" like they KNOW he's gone for good.

Looking at our transcript, one thing I am pleased to see confirmed is that son-in-law JeM gave the lead to detectives about the suspicious black vehicle driving up and down outside Bob's house on the Monday Bob disappeared. He suddenly remembered this, during one of his police interviews.

Tuesday morning is when the formal investigation is launched, and the first thing Detective Loomis said police did was canvas the neighbourhood. So it seems JeM did not speak to detectives straight away. Certainly not on Monday when Bob disappeared. That is worth remembering.

The suspicious black car must have slipped his mind completely, as at first he tells police he noticed nothing unusual and could only think Bob might have become unwell or gone to visit a neighbour, according to Det Radomski. Wednesday was when Radomski from the homicide division was called in to take a 'fresh look' at the case.

JeM's first interview/s is followed by an extensive search of Bob's house and forensic search of JeM's car. It is only after however many days this took, that JeM seems to have been interviewed again and suddenly remembers the suspicious black car in the middle of his interview. So it took him at least until Wednesday to remember, but maybe until Thursday or Friday or even later.

Which begs the question, how did JeM's son AH know all about the suspicious black car when he mentioned it to police on Monday night, here?:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod-Court Documents No discussion

Looking at our transcript, one thing I am pleased to see confirmed is that son-in-law JeM gave the lead to detectives about the suspicious black vehicle driving up and down outside Bob's house on the Monday Bob disappeared. He suddenly remembered this, during one of his police interviews.

Tuesday morning is when the formal investigation is launched, and the first thing Detective Loomis said police did was canvas the neighbourhood. So it seems JeM did not speak to detectives straight away. Certainly not on Monday when Bob disappeared. That is worth remembering.

The suspicious black car must have slipped his mind completely, as at first he tells police he noticed nothing unusual and could only think Bob might have become unwell or gone to visit a neighbour, according to Det Radomski. Wednesday was when Radomski from the homicide division was called in to take a 'fresh look' at the case.

JeM's first interview/s is followed by an extensive search of Bob's house and forensic search of JeM's car. It is only after however many days this took, that JeM seems to have been interviewed again and suddenly remembers the suspicious black car in the middle of his interview. So it took him at least until Wednesday to remember, but maybe until Thursday or Friday or even later.

Which begs the question, how did JeM's son AH know all about the suspicious black car when he mentioned it to police on Monday night, here?:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod-Court Documents No discussion

Great catch! Fontelle reported the black car in the missing persons report, too, and we know she spoke to JuM.

I wonder if this is sloppy reporting by Disappeared or if this is a real discrepancy.

It was actually Fontelle, not AH, that reported the suspicious black SUV to police after being fed the information from JuM.

AH did not mention anything about the SUV to police during the well being check. He only mentioned the family fighting and Bob being frustrated by the situation.

It was actually Fontelle, not AH, that reported the suspicious black SUV to police after being fed the information from JuM.

AH did not mention anything about the SUV to police during the well being check. He only mentioned the family fighting and Bob being frustrated by the situation.
Jumping off your post, Cubby, I have a general question.

I know there are several people suspicious of AH, but I'm honestly not seeing it yet. I know about his huge mortgage, but is their anything else I've missed about him?

Jumping off your post, Cubby, I have a general question.

I know there are several people suspicious of AH, but I'm honestly not seeing it yet. I know about his huge mortgage, but is their anything else I've missed about him?

Have you read AH's deposition? His stopping his mortgage payment within 4 days of Bob's disappearance due to his belief his mortgage note was to be forgiven upon his grandfathers death is highly suspicious.

Additionally, he is incredibly evasive about various loans from Bob and other financial institutions, as well as his prior bk. I believe he had a previous mortgage loan through Bob which he included in the BK (see depo), so this non payment of a mortgage wasn't a new thing.

His silence surrounding his grandfathers disappearance, similiar to his parents, is also highly suspicious.

The depo is long, but it is well worth the read and probably should be read a few times, because the subject matter tends to hop around a bit.

What led AH to believe his grandfather was deceased within a few days of his disappearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018