CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, the project jason flier still reads SIL went to or arrived home from the hardware store at 1pm even though LE has stated to the contrary via MSM articles and verification of the hardware store receipt.

I wonder why there has been no attempt to correct the inaccurate timeline?

jmo

eta: Charley Project still lists the 1pm time as well.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/harrod_robert.html

Some interesting 'likes and interests' on that page, however none of which are about missing persons.

Can anyone remind me how long Georgia and Bob were married?
Just curious.

tia

59 years

Bob’s Facebook Page (opened since about Aug 12th)

I notice that when I go to the Facebook page setup for Bob without being logged in, it does not say anywhere on the page that Bob is missing. I only see his name, his picture, some “friends” and what the people controlling the site “like.” Isn’t the point of a Facebook page for a missing person to leave it open to the public and put key information on the page, like “Help Us Find Robert Harrod” or “Missing Person - Robert Harrod,” with Bob’s description, what he was last seen wearing, and information about who to contact with information/tips and the telephone number and/or email address for the PPD?

If I login and look at the page, there is a box on the left that says:
ROBERT MERLE HARROD,
81 yrs old
vanished without a trace
from his southern CA home in Placentia, CA
Bob has been missing
since July 27, 2009.
The Placentia Police Department continues with its investigation.
THIS IS NOT A CLOSED CASE.

Again, no PPD contact information that I can see. No link to the Project Jason flier.

There are now two posts showing as being posted by Robert Merle Harrod:
  • Aug 13: A link to the IS forum with a “Robert Merle Harrod likes this” thumbs up
  • Aug 15: A post that says “Please help find me and bring me back home”
They posted over 20 times on the other forum since the FB page was opened, and yet they can‘t take 5 min to update the FB page with more info that might actually help find Bob? And they are linking to and then posting “Robert Merle Harrod likes this” about a forum where they are insulting Bob’s wife and saying Bob had a “dark side?” It makes me wonder why the page was even activated at all.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000163033261&v=wall

They are posting as Mr. Harrod.

I have been watching the FB page since daughter P announced its activation last week. They have added and deleted some things, none of which would aid in finding Mr. Harrod. In fact I find what they are doing very disturbing.

One example of Mr. Harrod posting from my screenshots of the page:

Robert Harrod Hi Paul, You are my best friend and I miss you too.

Some interesting 'likes and interests' on that page, however none of which are about missing persons.

Just curious.

tia

Also interesting that none of the daughters or the grandson are "friends" with Mr. Harrod's FB page.

It makes me wonder why the page was even activated at all.

Character assassination. It's the same page that was set up listing Bob's relationship status as 'married', then changed to 'it's complicated' when his daughters took it over.

Forgive the gallows humor, but one theory that we haven't considered was that Bob killed himself when faced with the prospect of more contact with his daughters. (And no, I don't believe that!)

I think if Bob had commited suicide, his remains would have been easily found. -jmo

Something else I don't recall seeing posted.

If Bob had asked his daughters to stay away from him for 6 months. Presumably the first 6 months or so of 2009 prior to his marrying Fontelle, the 'family trust issues' leading up to the family meeting and then the day he disappeared. WHY on earth would Bob have requested SIL do any needed repairs in his home?

If Bob had asked these people to stay away for 6 months why on earth would he wait until 2 days prior to Fontelles expected return to do any repairs around the house -when she had left for Mo to pack her things nearly two weeks prior to her expected return the 29th.

SIL, imo, clearly wasn't the regular repair man. So who did Bob regularly call for repairs he needed done around the interior of his home? Why wasn't someone other than SIL called when Bob wasn't speaking to his daughters and SIL?

DID Bob REALLY ask SIL to do repairs? I'm seriously doubting Bob had requested SIL to do any repairs prior to Fontelle's arrival. I can only see Bob asking someone other than SIL to do repairs when he wasn't talking to his daughters for the 6 months prior to marrying Fontelle.

jmo

I'm sorry/sad to think this, but I really do not believe Bob requested SIL to do any repairs or clean any carpets.

Bob was not indigent. He was quite capable of calling professional carpet cleaners to clean his carpet or professional repair men to do odd jobs around his house prior to Fontelle's arrival. I also do not believe he would have waited until appx 48 hours prior to Fontelles expected arrival to have such repairs or carpet cleaning done.

The daughters posted (removed from IS IIRC) they had the carpets cleaned. Did SIL own a carpet cleaner? or did they rent one? I know Rug Doctors can be rented pretty inexpensively..... I sure as heck hope LE got ahold of that carpet cleaning machine to test for forensics.

Was LE able to independently confirm outside of SIL and DD's Bob did request SIL to come do repair work?

It would seem likely that if it was in fact planned for SIL to be there, Bob would have told the cleaning lady both me and SIL will be here all day, not just I will be here all day.

Hmmm........

jmo

and how do we know Bob didn't have said needed repairs and preparing the home for Fontelle's arrival already done between the date Fontelle left for MO to pack up her things and the Sunday family meeting?

jmo

Cubby -- this is all fairly compelling. I thought I had read somewhere that Bob saw the SiL as Johnny-on-the-spot, and that he had cooked for him, etc. Perhaps I am mistaken. (I wonder where we might have gotten that impression?) Either way, I wonder why Bob would have wanted to call on him, so soon after the 'heated family discussion' about his estate, and relatively soon after the 6-month period where Bob kept distant from them.

Did the SiL arrive before Bob's last non-family contact? (A phone call at 10?) If so, I suppose Bob might have been able to have said something about the unexpected visit. It would be so good to know what he might have said then.

I recall reading -forget where -SIL allegedly arrived at Bobs at 9:30am. MSM links indicate LE confirmed non family contact (presumably the cleaning lady but LE has not stated who that call was from) with Bob at 10am which would lead us to believe if SIL was really at Bobs when that 10am call occured, Bob would have likley notified whomever called SIL was there at the home with him when he received the call.

Now I am wondering if SIL surprised Bob after that 10am call and prior to cleaning lady arriving.

I also don't recall seeing it posted if SIL had contact with Bob during the 6 months he had asked his daughters to not contact him. IMO, it would be difficult at best for Bob to have had any relationship with SIL during the 6 months he was not communicating with SIL's wife. - that would have likely left SIL in the middle between his wife and Bob....

jmo

The daughter's Facebook page for their father has been changed overnight.

The "Likes and Interests" have been deleted.

The "friends" have been deleted, and contact information for the PPD has been added. Also, the link to the IS board has been taken off.

I'm sorry/sad to think this, but I really do not believe Bob requested SIL to do any repairs or clean any carpets.

Bob was not indigent. He was quite capable of calling professional carpet cleaners to clean his carpet or professional repair men to do odd jobs around his house prior to Fontelle's arrival. I also do not believe he would have waited until appx 48 hours prior to Fontelles expected arrival to have such repairs or carpet cleaning done.

The daughters posted (removed from IS IIRC) they had the carpets cleaned. Did SIL own a carpet cleaner? or did they rent one? I know Rug Doctors can be rented pretty inexpensively..... I sure as heck hope LE got ahold of that carpet cleaning machine to test for forensics.

Was LE able to independently confirm outside of SIL and DD's Bob did request SIL to come do repair work?

It would seem likely that if it was in fact planned for SIL to be there, Bob would have told the cleaning lady both me and SIL will be here all day, not just I will be here all day.

Hmmm........

jmo

Here are the various references.

• Carpet shampooed (per daughter RB - doesn't specify when)
    [*]Patio cleaned (per daughter RB - doesn't specify when)
    [*]A few repairs
    [*]Some repairs
    [*]Helping with repairs
    [*]Odd jobs
    [*]Doing work at the house
    [*]To help get the house ready
    [*]Hardware store
    [*]Home Depot
    [*]Trip to the store for some parts
    [*]Left for Home Depot to buy supplies
    [*]To run errands at the hardware store

I'd like to know when the carpet was shampooed and when the patio was cleaned. Was it done that Monday?

FYI:

Home Depot
Tool Rental - Carpet Cleaner
Great for cleaning carpets in small offices or houses
http://www.homedepotrents.com/diyTools/carpet_cleaner.asp

I recall reading -forget where -SIL allegedly arrived at Bobs at 9:30am. MSM links indicate LE confirmed non family contact (presumably the cleaning lady but LE has not stated who that call was from) with Bob at 10am which would lead us to believe if SIL was really at Bobs when that 10am call occured, Bob would have likley notified whomever called SIL was there at the home with him when he received the call.

Now I am wondering if SIL surprised Bob after that 10am call and prior to cleaning lady arriving.

I also don't recall seeing it posted if SIL had contact with Bob during the 6 months he had asked his daughters to not contact him. IMO, it would be difficult at best for Bob to have had any relationship with SIL during the 6 months he was not communicating with SIL's wife. - that would have likely left SIL in the middle between his wife and Bob....

jmo

FYI, the report of SIL's arrival at about 9:30AM...

Feb 2, 2010
LA Times
Reporter: Paloma Esquivel

About 9:30 a.m., Bob's son-in-law Jeff Michaels arrived to help get the house ready. Michaels told police that he worked at the home, then went to Home Depot about 2:40 p.m. to buy supplies. When he returned about 3:30 p.m., Bob's housekeeper was sitting on the front stoop because no one had answered the door. Michaels let himself in the back door and the housekeeper followed and cleaned.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/3

Just curious.

tia

58 years I think.

From the same LA Times article:
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/3

She extended her stay until July 7, then returned home to pack.

So are we really to believe Bob postponed 'needed repairs' to his home for 20 days and put this all off until the last minute - less than 24 hours after the 'heated family discussion' and less than 48 hours prior to Fontelle's expected arrival? AND decided to ask someone who he had chosen to have little if any contact with for the previous 6 months to come into his home and make these repairs?

I would really like to know what Bob had done to prepare that home between the time Fontelle left for MO on July 7 and the heated family meeting/Monday morning when SIL was 'requested and welcomed' to come on over and do these repairs.

Hmmmm and maybe the Cubs will win the world series this year? I suppose if they are not mathmatically eliminated yet anything is possible.

jmo

I find it interesting that one of Bob's daughters felt a need to go change the sheets on the bed prior to Fontelle's arrival but AFTER the housekeeper had already been there and AFTER Bob had gone missing.

It seems to me that the housekeeper likely would have changed the linens when she was there that day. Since Bob was missing by the time the housekeeper arrived at the house, and had the housekeeper changed the linens, then Bob's bed would not have been slept in again.

Why would the bed linens need to be changed again when no one had presumably used the bed in the interim?

Am I understanding this correctly: The DNA has been collected from the family, but has simply not yet been entered into CODIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member