CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The March 16th hearing is right around the corner. Hopefully some news will come out of the hearing.

Every time I read that the daughters retained an attorney within 72 HOURS of their father's disappearance, who then ordered Fontelle out of the house, I am astonished. That is three days! As far as anyone could know, Mr Harrod might possibly have returned home within that time. That, to me, speaks volumes!

Bingo!

You know what has always bothered me? A small detail among many, granted. The fact that they disconnected his phone. Not only that, they wanted to prevent the number from being activated again by Fontelle...thank goodness she was able to get a forwarding on it.

What if he had tried to call? But they knew he wouldnt I guess.

What if he had tried to call? But they knew he wouldnt I guess.

As Suzyq211 mentioned upthread, the speed at which they started legal proceedings to control Bob's estate suggests, IMO, that the daughters knew he was not coming back.

It would seem to me that the only efforts made in this case, broadly speaking, have been with respect to controlling Bob's assets and household possessions. I recognize that there is a reward, which I would expect Bob's trust is paying for, but I think that everyone can see what that reward means in its context.

And why did Bob's daughters suggest unsupportable and mean theories about how he disappeared so quickly? I'm talking about the dementia, 'cold feet', and cleared subject theories. They even revived some of these theories after LE had reviewed the facts and cleared people. What does that say about whether they believed Bob alive or dead? Would they say such things (and other mean things about him) if they thought he might ever hear about them? (Why say them anyhow?)

As Suzyq211 mentioned upthread, the speed at which they started legal proceedings to control Bob's estate suggests, IMO, that the daughters knew he was not coming back.

It would seem to me that the only efforts made in this case, broadly speaking, have been with respect to controlling Bob's assets and household possessions. I recognize that there is a reward, which I would expect Bob's trust is paying for, but I think that everyone can see what that reward means in its context.

And why did Bob's daughters suggest unsupportable and mean theories about how he disappeared so quickly? I'm talking about the dementia, 'cold feet', and cleared subject theories. They even revived some of these theories after LE had reviewed the facts and cleared people. What does that say about whether they believed Bob alive or dead? Would they say such things (and other mean things about him) if they thought he might ever hear about them? (Why say them anyhow?)

Exactly. That is why I arrived at my position in this case.

As one who reads here every day, ever hopeful for justice for Bob, I can only agree with the positions stated above. Great sleuthing and thinking things through, all you faithful workers and posters here.

Just bumping to keep this thread on the first page.

Justice for Bob, please.

Robert Harrod is no longer with us.
There has been discussion that there was a violent
scene at the Harrod home.

My questions:
Was his house forensically searched?
Did the police use luminol?
Did the police check if any cleaning agents had been
used that would erase blood or other stains?

If not, why not?
Fontelle lived at the house, she could have given permission
Or was his home under the control of the conservators, his daughters?

If so, all they have to do is say, search, search for any clue at all.

If the house was forensically searched, is there concrete evidence
that a murder took place?
If things in the house were broken, is there any proof that
they were repaired or replaced?
What did JH buy that day when he went out to do errands?
If that timed receipt in the afternoon is innocuous, then
did he go out to another home repair place or a Walmart?

If there is NO proof that anything occurred at the house to
cause Robert Harrod’s disappearance or death, then
who is responsible?

If something happened to him away from the house, who would he have got
into a car with? Family? A very close friend?

Because, Robert Harrod is no longer with us.

My questions:
Was his house forensically searched?
Did the police use luminol?
Did the police check if any cleaning agents had been
used that would erase blood or other stains?

If the house was forensically searched, is there concrete evidence
that a murder took place?
If things in the house were broken, is there any proof that
they were repaired or replaced?
What did JH buy that day when he went out to do errands?

<respectfully snipped>

Thanks, Dream.These are my most pressing questions, as well.

You are asking the hard questions Dream. There were receipts shown to LE-I guess I would add to the questions by wondering if all the receipts were shown. Let's say that the trip to home depot and CVS were covered by receipts...were there any other trips made to purchase additional items needed to complete any repairs done in the interior of the house? Were there items located inside the house that were given as identifiers for Bob should he have been found, meaning the public was told they were in Bob's possession, but clearly they were not. Hmmm.

I dont know what was processed and who would need to give permission for that to take place. I live in a fantasy world where I would hope his family would have leaped at the opportunity to cooperate. Something tells me, however....

I feel for LE in this case-they cannot clear family if they refuse to cooperate. That means LE is stuck right there. Unable to move on. They cleared those who were suggested as suspects. They cleared Fontelle and her immediate family. We know it was not a stranger crime....I guess we need Bob to tell everyone what happened to him. How unbearable.

So, I was thinking today...

Since the family is bound and determined to overtly suck every last penny out of Bob's estate, and since the reward is being provided BY Bob's estate, perhaps a member of the family will miraculously stumble across Bob's remains in an effort to ensure they get everything to which they believe they're entitled.

It wouldn't really surprise me one bit when it has already been established there are no limits to their greed or lack of shame.

Oh, if only Bob could be found and justice could be served for him and for Fontelle. At least there are SOME folks (here, anyway) who seem to care about those things. How sad that such caring has to come from a bunch of strangers who never heard of Bob or his family prior to this terrible thing. Prayers continue.

Thanks Opie. It is not as if we can do much from here, of course. Not unless we are on the ground. The hearing is in 6 days-I will let you guys know what goes down....just another step. I am not sure it brings anyone towards closure, but it will be very interesting to find out whether the judge agrees that the audit is an indication of the conservators due diligence.

Not waiting for the hearing to bump this thread back to page 1. It was almost at the bottom of page 2. We cannot forget about Bob and justice for him and Fontelle.

Not waiting for the hearing to bump this thread back to page 1. It was almost at the bottom of page 2. We cannot forget about Bob and justice for him and Fontelle.

Thank you, Opie! I know Im not alone when I say I think about Bob every day, and pray for resolution here.

An additional civil action was filed against Georgia's hairdresser on 2/4/11, with a hearing having been completed on 2/28/11. The action, which took place under the heading of Family Law, claimed a case of Elder Abuse against Georgia's hairdresser. Out of respect for the plaintiff, which may be an adult who is under someone else's care, you will not find him named here. Although I am not an expert, it appears the plaintiff received a no contact order from the defendant. A response was filed by Georgia's hairdresser, and she may have chosen to acquiece to the no contact order.

Case #11FL000069
Type: Elder, Dependent Adult Abuse
Filing Date: 02/04/2011
http://www.occourts.org/online-services/case-access/

IMO, I think it is ridiculous to assume that this is an "Ah Ha" moment in Bob's case. Even if you choose to make the leap that Georgia's hairdresser has twice obtained money or loans or goods from friends/clients she has, it does not even dotted line to a murder.

Just to refresh every one-Georgia's hairdresser provided a solid alibi to PPD for both herself and her family. We know that this was not a crime perpetrated by a stranger, we know that the person last known to be with Bob by his own admission was not Georgia's hairdresser and we have the words of Colleen Loomis an estemed member of PPD stating repeatedly that Georgia's hairdresser was cleared of involvement in the murder of Robert Merle Harrod.

Links:
http://www.ocregister.com/news/-214111--.html
Police have cleared the barber and her husband of any connection with the case.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/4
The younger woman with whom Bob had a friendship has a solid alibi.

I think it is interesting to note that both actions were civil not criminal. I think the timing is interesting to note as well, and I wonder if the girls PI/bodyguard has been following Josie around visiting her elderly clients.

Just speculation on my part.

IMO, I think it is ridiculous to assume that this is an "Ah Ha" moment in Bob's case. Even if you choose to make the leap that Georgia's hairdresser has twice obtained money or loans or goods from friends/clients she has, it does not even dotted line to a murder.

(respectfully snipped)

I think that if this information about someone cleared by LE but repeatedly implicated by Bob's daughters is what was referred to as an 'aha moment,' and a 'critical' lead, and a 'significant twist' that 'connects the dots', then 'ridiculous' is putting it far too mildly. IMO, calling this a 'lead' or suggesting it is related to Bob's murder would be better labeled as 'malicious' and can only be seen in the context of trying to divert attention away from the last person to see Bob, his SiL JM. There can be no doubt that LE, if offered this information, will be able to see what it represents and what it reveals about Bob's daughters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeeeeeeeen