CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep us informed, Believe... I'm sure the judge will be fair. Let's hope all the bookwork is in order and the audit was completed as they have stated, that will expedite the Judge's ruling. From what has happened from the bench so far, the Harrod family has been given extra time and leniency to comply with court orders. "Due Process" has been on their side.

I think the judge was very fair, and I am afraid the bookeeping was found to be insufficient. The judge set a pre-trial conference for May 2nd to determine if the co-conservators are fit to continue to administer the estate, and for a FULL accounting of the estate.

It interested me that the judge was completely up to speed on Bob's missing person's case which has been reclassified as a homicide. :(. And yet again, the co conservator's attorney did NOT object to Fontelle's attorney's statement that the POI in the case was the BIL of the co conservators. Remember there was no filed objection to the ex parte motion which laid out the specifics of the crime and also indicated that the poi in the crime was JM. Wonder why he is being left to twist in the wind?

There was an 11th hour addendum filed by the co conservator's which Fontelle's attorney was unable to fully process because of the filing's proximity to the hearing date. I am sure it will make interesting reading, but the judge set the trial date in spite of the additional pieces to the audit being included.

AH's mortage payments were raised as an indication of the failure of the girls to protect the assets of the estate-there have been no external indicators that any attempt has been made to collect the 80K+ which is in arrears, and yet there is loan paperwork the terms of which have NOT been satisfied...even though Bob is missing/dead.

The one light moment for me was when Fontelle's attorney raised the fact that the girls had hired a bodyguard and were paying for it out of the estate. Their attorney indicated that this was in fact a PI, and that he was working very closely with Detective Radomski to solve Bob's case.

Wonder if Detective Radomski sees it that way. :innocent:

The judge asked the attorney how much had been paid to date to the PI/Bodyguard out of the estate. The attorney felt it was 3K and up. Hmm.

Is this the beginning of justice? Hard to say. I think it moves everyone closer to a clearer picture as to how this estate has been utilized to date.

The transcripts will be available soon, so look for them when the information becomes public.

Come home soon Bob...

I guess the term is "breach of fiduciary duties." BTW, the girls did not attend the hearing.

This is all promising news as regards the potential for justice in this case. It appears that Fontelle and Bob's interests are receiving responsible, thoughtful protection from a smart legal team, and that the judge is sharp and well aware of the stakes and nuances involved in the bigger picture.

To be fair, Fontelle was not there either. She was, clearly, well represented however.

With a trial comes witness lists, depositions and eventually the witness stand...everyone being bound by the truth under penalty of perjury. This may be the means to ending this nightmare-someone stating under oath or being compelled to state under oath what has happened to Bob or what has happened to the money. And where all of the money and assets are.

I just realized that 193 registered users are following this case, even if they dont all post. But they are following it. Thank you everyone!

believe09, no need to thank ME. I thank YOU and the others here who have done so much for this thread and for Bob and Fontelle. I just read and pray for justice.

Again, great sleuthing, folks.

You know I have been thinking about this for the last few weeks-imagine having access to a goodly sum of money...money that you feel is rightfully yours in some respect-let's take the means of acquisition out of the equation for the moment.

And you have guidelines,specifically laid out in the trust document governing the funds, as to how you can spend it. You can only pay yourself reasonable expenses for governing the trust. You cannot take distribution of money and co mingle it with your own. You have to show the court where every dime was stored and where it has been moved to. And exactly what has been spent and on what. And let's just say you would like to forgive a mortgage or two (we know the trust owns PB property as well), you can't because you have to show that you are the gatekeeper for your father's property and you will keep it safe until he returns and is able to govern it again himself.

We all know that wont be happening, as much as we would like him to return.

So here you are-and yet you can't just move on with your life and live the life you have been waiting to live because in some respects you are STILL chained by your father's wishes. And you arent allowed to simply use your own judgement.

I am so far removed from all of this, but I would think that this is a bitter pill for sure.

In any case, if I could I would give all of the money to the one who brings Bob back to Fontelle. It would be worth every dime.

:(

You know I have been thinking about this for the last few weeks-imagine having access to a goodly sum of money...money that you feel is rightfully yours in some respect-let's take the means of acquisition out of the equation for the moment.

And you have guidelines,specifically laid out in the trust document governing the funds, as to how you can spend it. You can only pay yourself reasonable expenses for governing the trust. You cannot take distribution of money and co mingle it with your own. You have to show the court where every dime was stored and where it has been moved to. And exactly what has been spent and on what. And let's just say you would like to forgive a mortgage or two (we know the trust owns PB property as well), you can't because you have to show that you are the gatekeeper for your father's property and you will keep it safe until he returns and is able to govern it again himself.

We all know that wont be happening, as much as we would like him to return.

So here you are-and yet you can't just move on with your life and live the life you have been waiting to live because in some respects you are STILL chained by your father's wishes. And you arent allowed to simply use your own judgement.

I am so far removed from all of this, but I would think that this is a bitter pill for sure.

In any case, if I could I would give all of the money to the one who brings Bob back to Fontelle. It would be worth every dime.

:(

THIS is exactly what had me so hung up early on in this case. If Bob was murdered by his own family in an attempt to get their hands on what they felt was "rightfully" theirs, to have him go missing was never going to get them there. Either they didn't realize that when they formulated their plan OR, his death was the result of an accident that occurred in a heated confrontation of some sort, which they have covered up, to their own detriment.

The irony is lovely and must be driving them out of their minds. Bob is having the last laugh after all!

Yes and no Fairy, at leas IMO. While Bob's death may not have been orchestrated and I am not sure I am willing to conceed that point yet, the reality is that it would not take that much to have a man of his age declared dead. I am certain the declaration could be accelerated.

I do think there was a keystone cops aspect to the crime itself, but regardless the wheels came off when they hired the attorney, raided the bank accounts and tried to remove Fontelle.

The reason I bring up the rules is that if no one were looking closely at the co conservators they could pretty much have had free reign. But they are being watched and they do have to report and they have to follow the rules. And it doesnt look like they did.

THIS is exactly what had me so hung up early on in this case. If Bob was murdered by his own family in an attempt to get their hands on what they felt was "rightfully" theirs, to have him go missing was never going to get them there.

(respectfully snipped)

I would agree that money is the issue, but I would tend to think of the motive in slightly different terms. I would suggest, in light of the timing of his murder and the events leading up to it, that if Bob was murdered by his family (and if it was premeditated), it was also partly to prevent Fontelle from being written into his will. He told his daughters (in a heated family meeting) that he was going to include Fontelle in his estate, and the next day, he disappears permanently. (Who knows -- they may have been concerned, given their last meeting and the 6-month separation from them Bob imposed, that he might have been looking at reducing their inheritance.)

Although his status as missing (rather than dead) does not permit his daughters total access to or possession of his estate (or it is not supposed to do so), the fact that he is not coming back means that he will never be able to change his will to include Fontelle, as per notes found in his home.

So, (and all of this is JMO) it could have been a matter of poor planning and not thinking through the consequences, or it could have been that Bob was killed as a preemptive strike, in which case the discovery of his body was not as crucial as was his being unable to change his will.

(respectfully snipped)

I would agree that money is the issue, but I would tend to think of the motive in slightly different terms. I would suggest, in light of the timing of his murder and the events leading up to it, that if Bob was murdered by his family (and if it was premeditated), it was also partly to prevent Fontelle from being written into his will. He told his daughters (in a heated family meeting) that he was going to include Fontelle in his estate, and the next day, he disappears permanently. (Who knows -- they may have been concerned, given their last meeting and the 6-month separation from them Bob imposed, that he might have been looking at reducing their inheritance.)

Although his status as missing (rather than dead) does not permit his daughters total access to or possession of his estate (or it is not supposed to do so), the fact that he is not coming back means that he will never be able to change his will to include Fontelle, as per notes found in his home.

So, (and all of this is JMO) it could have been a matter of poor planning and not thinking through the consequences, or it could have been that Bob was killed as a preemptive strike, in which case the discovery of his body was not as crucial as was his being unable to change his will.

VERY good point, Montjoy!

Trying to word this some it comes out clearly: Somehow, I do not think for a second that Fontelle married Bob for his money. If she never receives a cent from his estate, that would not bother me nearly as badly as the idea of a person or persons responsible for his death receiving so much as a single cent.

The comment about irony posted above is right-on.

Married Bob for his money-how would she have determined what kind of money he had I wonder? Do you think she was tipped off by the 1997 Toyota or the modest house in Placentia? Ridiculous.

He wanted to add his wife to his will and his estate planning. That is what he wanted to do. I have read many posts in many locations that indicate Fontelle and or her son are the architect of the disappearance-does that even make any sense? That one or both would disappear Bob BEFORE she was added to the estate planning? Again, ridiculous.

Those with the most to lose were those who didnt want to share.

Fontelle is going to come home to a house that was taken out to the studs. Empty in all ways. I hate that image, and I am sorely tempted to see if I can find loving folks who will help her make that house a home for the duration...we know that the girls have an excess of furniture, right? I mean bursting at the seams...after all the overflow that they had furnished their father's home. Right down to the pots, the pans, the toilet paper and the knick knacks.

Trying to word this some it comes out clearly: Somehow, I do not think for a second that Fontelle married Bob for his money. If she never receives a cent from his estate, that would not bother me nearly as badly as the idea of a person or persons responsible for his death receiving so much as a single cent.

The comment about irony posted above is right-on.

Agree, Fontelle did not marry Mr. Harrod for his money.

"We're always holding hands," she said, her hand wrapped securely in Bob's. "We walk across the street holding hands and people look at us, but they don't know what they're missing."

http://www.ocregister.com/news/fontelle-148279-bob-years.html

Fontelle is going to come home to a house that was taken out to the studs. Empty in all ways. I hate that image, and I am sorely tempted to see if I can find loving folks who will help her make that house a home for the duration...we know that the girls have an excess of furniture, right? I mean bursting at the seams...after all the overflow that they had furnished their father's home. Right down to the pots, the pans, the toilet paper and the knick knacks.

<snipped>

That just breaks my heart. ...and the bolded?? That is the most bizarre and ridiculous idea to try to say that Bob didnt own ANYTHING after 81 years.Disgusting really...

It has always amazed me how 'children' become so greedily crazed when it comes to money; and it can only be a couple of thousand dollars. To be so absolutely focused on what is "mine" or should be "mine" that you are willing to commint murder/or cover-up an accidental death/murder is beyond me. To be so greedy that you do not want your parent to be happy in his last years because you may recieve a few dollars less than you would have before or, heaven-forbid this person may eat a few meals or take care of their health with that money.

To be so publicly spiteful, hateful and greedy as to make statements that state your parents worked their whole lives and never acquired a piece of furniture, or bed linen, or clothing, or photograph, or knick-knack, or dish, or book, or anything; that YOU and your siblings own it all and GRACIOUSLY ALLOWED them use of it is appalling to me.

I feel so sorry for Bob and his wife. They raised some very hatefull children with warped senses of family, morals, and love(if they even know what that is). Bob had to care for his wife on his own evidently and with all their sniping in the background. No wonder he wanted the silence. The sorrow in his heart must have been great to know his children were so awful.

And to leave this earth knowing the truth about them and how far they were willing to go must have hurt him so greatly. The only solace is that he is in a much better place beyond their grasp.

Judgement is coming.... Tick-Tock, Tick-tock.....

LE processed Carnation Drive today. I was told several unmarked cars and a CSI van spent the morning there.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

LE processed Carnation Drive today. I was told several unmarked cars and a CSI van spent the morning there.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Wow...does anyone know which jurisdiction processed the house? I am floored, finally...

The only one I know for sure was the CSI unit-It was Orange County Sheriff's. They are AMAZING.

No matter where this leads, I want to thank all who are committed to this man for pushing so hard to get some closure for Fontelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha