CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so glad to see that there is some action on behalf of Bob. I don't post here often on this case, but I do keep up and wish mostly that Bob will be found, and then that convictions will follow if he was intentionally harmed.

I am so glad to see that there is some action on behalf of Bob. I don't post here often on this case, but I do keep up and wish mostly that Bob will be found, and then that convictions will follow if he was intentionally harmed.

It is so cool to see how many really care about Bob and pray for justice.

This may sound weird, but I am both peaceful and sad kind of at the same time. I think we are seeing, yet again, PPD's best effort here. To partner with OC Sheriff's-well that is a jurisdiction with a HUGE amount of resources. There must have been something compelling that caused them to participate, or Detective Radomski is just that good...he convinced them it was worth the effort. Good for PPD.

Yes, Believe, I too am grateful for the work of so many professionals here. And yet -- I must wonder where he is. I've always wondered if he was dropped into a dumpster, unceremoniously, and in the face of the generosity he showed his family. Or did he end up "UTH", say, near Running Springs (and some property underwritten (alas, mistakenly) by him). Time *will* tell -- we've already seen that there are some heavy-duty resources here.

Where did Bob go? I think we're past the point of cartoonish stories in which a grown man runs off because of cold feet, or falls into a manhole and is swallowed up into nothingness. Is there not one daughter who can see the light? (And yes, that was rhetorical.)

Hey -- daughters of old Bob Harrod, years (at most) from now, you could be recalling these days and would be thinking: Hmmmmm....."those posters on WS seemed so mean, but they were trying to help". Let's flash back to the present: Those friends of justice are still here, now, and saying to you (in code): 'daughter P, daughter R -- you can still save yourselves'. I truly do believe that either of you (maybe even both of you) can still save yourselves. I mean that. And I want it, as many do. But this ball is in your court, and playing it is up to you.

I know that we're all obliged to speak in some almost absurd generalities here, but this much I am sure is safe to say: doing the right thing here will pay off for you. (There is no shame in profiting from doing the right thing, needless to say, as opposed to the opposite.) And as the old gals used to say: 'tempus fugit'.

In short, I think this stressful situation provides an opportunity that few ever see. Do you want to be the one to do right (and, though I don't think it will be the main motivation, reap the rewards)? Or do you want to be one of the two who gets accused of a story that ends up with your dad being dead?

People keep telling me that there is one decent daughter who was there for her dad. Right now, try as I might, I am not sure that she is or was there for old Bob Harrod. But prove me wrong. You only have one life in which you can show that you were the daughter to stand up for your dad. At the end of the day, you will be grateful (and I hate to add, but facts are facts, rich) for it.

In closing, I must point out to the daughter this note addresses: If it is not you to speak up....gosh, it might be her, and imagine where you will be then.

Excellent post Montjoy! What an opportunity to turn a mustard seed into a mountain by doing the right thing. As opposed to watching folks try to move and hide behind say mountains. I wish I shared the same enthusiam you do regarding Mr. Harrods first generation off spring. I'm hoping the second will do so before the third generation becomes of age. Those minor children need and deserve better.

I look at this scenario and think of everyone I know widowed or a widower with parent who 'till death do us part' lasted 35-50+ years. Everyone I know born in the 50's or later who has a step parent not the result of a divorce is already going into a decade or more caring for and visiting their step parents. Heck some of them will be celebrating their 90th this year.

Someone knows what happened to Bob and someone needs to let the heavy burden they've been carrying for almost 2 years off their shoulders.
Before more generations pay the price - Do the right thing, if not for Bob, for your credibility as a parent while your babies are young enough.....

jmo

I do not post here often in Bob's threads, but I read here nearly everyday. At the least, I always keep Bob in my prayers.

I pray that one of these daughters will awaken one of these mornings, determined to do the right thing--to stand up for her father, to do what is right, to put into use those values that I am certain she was taught by both of her parents.

Honesty goes a long way in the legal system--especially when one is the first to approach law enforcement to tell what they know.

Bob deserves to be brought home, to be reunited with his beloved Fontelle, to be laid to rest with dignity. He deserves to have a public place where those who knew him can go to say their goodbyes properly--not to be laying in some hidden away place where only a select handful of people know of his whereabouts. He lived an incredible 81 years; there is no doubt that he had friends and acquaintances who want/need to say their goodbyes.

Waking every morning and carrying the burden of the knowledge of what happened to this lovely man must be an unbearable weight upon one's shoulders. The secrecy, the lying, the deceit--it must be cumbersome and wearisome.

How does one face each day with this knowledge--knowing that the man who gave them life is laying in some non-descript locale, hidden away as if he means and meant absolutely nothing?

How does one look into the eyes of Bob's grandchildren and tell them that their grandfather is missing and no one knows his whereabouts when the truth lies within?

How can one teach Bob's grandchildren the value of truth and honesty when they are lying and hiding behind such a horrible truth?

I hope and pray that one of his daughters will do the right thing by coming forward with the truth--I am certain that Bob would do so for any one of them.

Bob deserves to have the truth told, to close this final chapter in his life.

Some very thoughtful posts, and I appreciate the sharing.

I have been sort of pondering where Bob is as well. What if he is closer than we think? I mean, what about the yard, is there a shed, is there a crawl space that isnt easily reached?

If the timeline is shorter than we previously believed, and some of that time was taken up by errands, could you actually be running to and fro carrying someone in your truck, even if he was easily concealed? I mean, frankly that would take some stones.

The we have the unexpected appearance of the housekeeper-she cleans the house while you are puttering.

How could you putter if Bob was somewhere accessible unless he was well hidden? Or gone, I guess? Here is the huge puzzle for me-this was broad daylight. Where do you go to dispose of large items or a person in the middle of the day? Or, do you actually have an extra day for disposal. After all, JM herself arrives sometime after midnight on the 28th by her own admission to change the linens. That gives an extra, what, 35 hours to sort things out? Give or take the time used for a TV interview. I wonder if the reporter recalls who was in the Living Room besides JM when she participated in the interview. After all, she looked off screen/camera a time or two IIRC.

I remember a case, AZ I think, where a man disposed of his wife and child in the company dumpster. LE could not figure out what had happened to their bodies until by chance a coworker told LE how he saw the perp throwing boxes away the day they disappeared. They traced the trash and found the child...I dont know if they found the woman.

Bumping for Mr. Harrod.

Hopefully PPD found something during the search of the house last week. I do not believe Mr. Harrod left his house alive on July 27, 2009.

I dont think anyone, in their heart of hearts, actually believes that Mr. Harrod made it out of his home alive on 7/27/2009. I would like to be wrong, because there would be some hope that there was some other equation which would solve his murder. :(

There is no doubt the co conservators and his other daughter are aware that there was a police presence on Friday. I am certain they are waiting to see what, if any, evidence might have been discovered and what conclusions might be drawn from it. I think it must have been a rollercoaster week for them...breach of fiduciary responsibility AND a search of Bob's house which sort of torpedoes any theory that leads away from it.

Living in a neighborhood where everyone lives close together, folks tend to know what is happening, but yet try to respect each other’s privacy. Words cannot adequately express what an awful feeling it is to know that in broad daylight a neighbor just disappears and no one has an explanation. It’s been 20 mo. since Bob disappeared and that awful feeling has not left my kids who live there. They were so grateful to see the cars in front of Bob’s house last Friday and are hoping the results of the investigation will be known soon. Does anyone know when the results of that investigation will be known?

Also, since last week, perhaps since Wednesday, the GS’s (AH) car, has not been seen. They haven’t seen AH either. We hope he is OK! This is the kind of thing that can happen in your neighborhood and you want to respect your neighbor’s privacy, but there is an unsolved mystery lingering in your thoughts. In this world, no man is an island and we do need each other and care about each other.

Living in a neighborhood where everyone lives close together, folks tend to know what is happening, but yet try to respect each other’s privacy. Words cannot adequately express what an awful feeling it is to know that in broad daylight a neighbor just disappears and no one has an explanation. It’s been 20 mo. since Bob disappeared and that awful feeling has not left my kids who live there. They were so grateful to see the cars in front of Bob’s house last Friday and are hoping the results of the investigation will be known soon. Does anyone know when the results of that investigation will be known?

Also, since last week, perhaps since Wednesday, the GS’s (AH) car, has not been seen. They haven’t seen AH either. We hope he is OK! This is the kind of thing that can happen in your neighborhood and you want to respect your neighbor’s privacy, but there is an unsolved mystery lingering in your thoughts. In this world, no man is an island and we do need each other and care about each other.

Teamer, I agree. I wish someone had been watching out that day almost two years ago...maybe we would be at a different place right now!

Some very thoughtful posts, and I appreciate the sharing.

I have been sort of pondering where Bob is as well. What if he is closer than we think? I mean, what about the yard, is there a shed, is there a crawl space that isnt easily reached?

If the timeline is shorter than we previously believed, and some of that time was taken up by errands, could you actually be running to and fro carrying someone in your truck, even if he was easily concealed? I mean, frankly that would take some stones.

The we have the unexpected appearance of the housekeeper-she cleans the house while you are puttering.

How could you putter if Bob was somewhere accessible unless he was well hidden? Or gone, I guess? Here is the huge puzzle for me-this was broad daylight. Where do you go to dispose of large items or a person in the middle of the day? Or, do you actually have an extra day for disposal. After all, JM herself arrives sometime after midnight on the 28th by her own admission to change the linens. That gives an extra, what, 35 hours to sort things out? Give or take the time used for a TV interview. I wonder if the reporter recalls who was in the Living Room besides JM when she participated in the interview. After all, she looked off screen/camera a time or two IIRC.

I remember a case, AZ I think, where a man disposed of his wife and child in the company dumpster. LE could not figure out what had happened to their bodies until by chance a coworker told LE how he saw the perp throwing boxes away the day they disappeared. They traced the trash and found the child...I dont know if they found the woman.

I don't know where Robert H could have been hidden on July 27.
From what I remember of the back yard from pics, it is small and if there is a shed, I don't think it is a large one.
There is the garage. ?
I wonder if there is a freezer in the garage.
Not a pleasant thought, but neither is Robert Harrod's disappearance.

If daughter JM came to change the bed sheets the next day, is it because the housecleaner was told the bedroom was off limits and family would handle the cleaning?

I do not know.

I do know that I am extremely glad that a forensics unit has been in the house.
They had access to examine the entire house.

Hmm. Just thought of something. Robert Harrod's car was parked in the driveway.
All day, all night.

On July 27th Bob could have been hidden anywhere in the house or yard or garage. Just cover it up. However, I would think that it would be impossible for one person to lift 160 lb all by him/her self. To lift that weight into any vehicle...... best at night and with help?

On July 27th Bob could have been hidden anywhere in the house or yard or garage. Just cover it up. However, I would think that it would be impossible for one person to lift 160 lb all by him/her self. To lift that weight into any vehicle...... best at night and with help?

I just always wonder what that rush of adrenalin can do...

I think that there are a few schools of thought on carrying a man of that height and weight. TBH, dream, Bob's car never ever crossed my radar. That might be something worth mentioning to LE for sure.

ETA: I remember we have had a number of identifiers from when he went missing that may or may not have been accurate-hat, no hat, glasses, no glasses, wallet, no wallet...how about keys, no keys? What I mean is does anyone know or recall what happened to his keys? Seems somewhat unlikely, again, that he would stroll out of his home without his glasses, keys and wallet...but we know that already.

I am wondering about the keys in relationship to the car...or the house. If all were inside of the house, then it makes sense that someone would have provided keys to the family member who arrived to greet PPD for the well being check. A neighbor IIRC. If the keys were on whomever caused Mr. Harrod to disappear, well than it is even more interesting.

With respect, it is by no means impossible to lift 160 lbs into a pickup. Yes, if one had a strapping young assistant, say also a black belt and a pilot, nearby, it would be much easier. But the main point I would make is that lifting 160 lbs (which I'm sure is much more than Bob weighed) would be far from a Herculean task, and certainly not impossible, thank goodness.

I do think that it would be impossible for any of his daughters to do on their own. But that does not mean it would be impossible for, say, someone with a vested interest in how Bob's estate is settled.

As a side note, I must say that recent comments here have made me wonder about who might be the person to step up. I don't really know what sorts of things I should say to open this line of communication, but *you* know I'm speaking to you. You have an opportunity right now. Think about the estate trial and its implications. Think about what you know. I know this is an extremely hard call to make, but I am confident that what you know is of more value than what you have done in this case. And I am only saying this because it is the right thing to do -- you will be a force of justice in this case, and you will not only profit financially, but you will also be free from those things that have made you wonder about yourself. I know that we are on the same page here, but you are the only one who can seal your fate for the good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member