CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As part of National Crime Victims Rights Week, a number of events were held this past week, including a March & Rally in Orange County. I'm not sure if any of Bob's daughters, his SIL, or his grandson attended any of the events.

http://www.vcgcb.ca.gov/victims/NCVRW2011/calendar.aspx#marchandrally_14

Victims’ families march to remember loved ones
April 14, 2011|BY VIK JOLLY

SANTA ANA – About 350 people, including law enforcement and elected officials, attended a poignant ceremony Thursday focusing on victims and their families, many tearfully remembering loved ones and hoping that the rally at the footsteps of the Old Orange County Courthouse will empower them and others to continue to fight for victims' rights.

Saying that it was regrettable that groups were needed to represent victims of crime, District Attorney Tony Rackauckas led the hour-long rally, which followed a short march of victims' families, friends and advocates from his office to the courthouse.

"By coming here today, we're making a statement that we're not a community of victims, we're a community of survivors, a community of fighters," he said. "Your vigilance has saved countless lives."

This was the third annual Orange County Victims' Rights March and Rally; many carried placards and wore buttons with pictures of loved ones.

[snipped]

http://articles.ocregister.com/2011...-rights-march-and-rally-orange-county-victims

As part of National Crime Victims Rights Week, a number of events were held this past week, including a March & Rally in Orange County. I'm not sure if any of Bob's daughters, his SIL, or his grandson attended any of the events.

http://www.vcgcb.ca.gov/victims/NCVRW2011/calendar.aspx#marchandrally_14

Victims’ families march to remember loved ones
April 14, 2011|BY VIK JOLLY

SANTA ANA – About 350 people, including law enforcement and elected officials, attended a poignant ceremony Thursday focusing on victims and their families, many tearfully remembering loved ones and hoping that the rally at the footsteps of the Old Orange County Courthouse will empower them and others to continue to fight for victims' rights.

Saying that it was regrettable that groups were needed to represent victims of crime, District Attorney Tony Rackauckas led the hour-long rally, which followed a short march of victims' families, friends and advocates from his office to the courthouse.

"By coming here today, we're making a statement that we're not a community of victims, we're a community of survivors, a community of fighters," he said. "Your vigilance has saved countless lives."

This was the third annual Orange County Victims' Rights March and Rally; many carried placards and wore buttons with pictures of loved ones.

[snipped]

http://articles.ocregister.com/2011...-rights-march-and-rally-orange-county-victims

Thanks Clouda! It would be nice if we heard that the family was involved. I haven't seen anything written on any other forum, or the FB page for Bob, so probably not.

Thanks Clouda! It would be nice if we heard that the family was involved. I haven't seen anything written on any other forum, or the FB page for Bob, so probably not.

Perhaps the family is in a perpetual state of brainstorming. Daughter JuM posted the following August 22, 2009:

"My father is still missing. I am on a roller-coaster of emotions. My sisters, JeM and I are still in brainstorming mode as to where he might have gone or who with. My emotions are surfacing as I have been trying to stay strong through this nightmare; it is the "not knowing" that is causing much anxiety and panic attacks. Please pray for peace of mind for all of us. Please pray that my father is off somewhere and will return. Thank you all for your support."

If they were all "brainstorming" you would think the daughters would have asked JeM about the timeline, the "home repairs", and what Mr. Harrod was wearing July 27, 2009. How can you brainstorm if you don't know the details?

Perhaps the family is in a perpetual state of brainstorming. Daughter JuM posted the following August 22, 2009:

"My father is still missing. I am on a roller-coaster of emotions. My sisters, JeM and I are still in brainstorming mode as to where he might have gone or who with. My emotions are surfacing as I have been trying to stay strong through this nightmare; it is the "not knowing" that is causing much anxiety and panic attacks. Please pray for peace of mind for all of us. Please pray that my father is off somewhere and will return. Thank you all for your support."

If they were all "brainstorming" you would think the daughters would have asked JeM about the timeline, the "home repairs", and what Mr. Harrod was wearing July 27, 2009. How can you brainstorm if you don't know the details?

BBM.
How interesting daughter JuM requests peace of mind for them in advance of asking for her fathers safe return.

Let's see, it's been months since daughters R&P have pretty much wrapped up emptying Bobs home and getting all that was allegedly 'held hostage' by Bobs wife. So what exactly are Bobs daughters, SIL, GS and fam doing for their fathers case now that all of them (aside from AH and his family) are retired? And much of the civil nonsense is behind them?

Still praying for piece/peace of mind perhaps? While the timeline sits unanswered, the mysterious home repairs still a mystery, even what Bob was wearing when he was last seen still a unknown.

Sadly it is far too late to ponder what BOB wanted... but perhaps not too late for someone in this family to have a conscience and actually put Bob first. With Easter Sunday next week, perhaps someone in this family will come forward this season of renewal.

Hmmm...

Rejected Ideas from Brainstorming Sessions (speculation):
  • Take polygraphs
  • Give interviews to media
  • Ask for help from ROTW community
  • Organize a command center and search parties
  • Hold vigils
  • Post updated fliers
  • Keep Facebook page updated

• Take polygraphs
    [*]Give interviews to media
  • Hold vigils
  • Post updated fliers
Funny how the daughters have been all over the internet bemoaning the fact that the media focused so much attention on Fontelle and the love story between her and Mr. Harrod. Yet when the daughters were given the chance to speak to the media they declined.

Daughter R:
"It's bad enough that his family (of up to 55 consecutive years) has been brushed aside and made invisible with the media blitz, once F arrived. WHAT IF he is waiting to hear from his daughters?"

Daughter J:
"We are so disappointed being locked out of our father's home and pushed away as if we do not exist as his daughters for 50+ years."

I am still waiting to see if a corrected audit is filed. You know, one that covers the full period of time they have been in control of the money. From the date, at least, that Bob went missing.

• Take polygraphs
  • Hold vigils
  • Post updated fliers

ALL the reasonable things that a worried, grieving family would think to do in order to find their missing father. Not a one...sad...

• Take polygraphs
  • Hold vigils
  • Post updated fliers

Hey, I think you're being too hard on them, and telling only one side of the story. After all, it's not like they didn't accept some lines of action:

Accepted Ideas from the Brainstorming Sessions (speculation):
  • Conduct campaign of insulting dad's character and faculties (insult his wife, too)
  • Implicate cleared parties in dad's disappearance
  • Begin aggressive probate case for control of dad's estate, trust, assets, belongings

Hey, I think you're being too hard on them, and telling only one side of the story. After all, it's not like they didn't accept some lines of action:

Accepted Ideas from the Brainstorming Sessions (speculation):
  • Conduct campaign of insulting dad's character and faculties (insult his wife, too)
  • Implicate cleared parties in dad's disappearance
  • Begin aggressive probate case for control of dad's estate, trust, assets, belongings

Yes, forgive me. And in the dozens and dozens of posts by daughter J on her community forum, I did see this one reassuring message to her father on March 6, 2011, telling him to just hang on wherever he is.

"I miss you daddy!" We are still looking for you. Archangel "Michael" is your PI and God is with you, just hang on wherever you are. Answers are coming soon.

http://www.rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/4013?page=5199

Michael PI? The PI that works about 2-4 hours a month on the case? At least according to the transcript of the hearing. I suppose the co conservators atty could have woefully underestimated what he had been paid to date for sure, but it was the judge who asked the question. I guess I would think it would be poor form to mislead a judge, but perhaps the atty was not given accurate figures. 3000.00 or so, from what I recall.

I know a lot of PI's for what it is worth. I dont know any who roll this casually on a MP case. But I guess it is all what you think you will uncover.

I recall some posts indicating that he was working hand in glove with PPD. Again, I wonder if they see it that way. ;)

It is really immaterial at this point. What is material is the forensics, and what has/has not been done by those who were there. Those who were on the front lines of this disappearance. The questions that havent been asked, the polys that havent been taken, now almost 21 months after the fact.

And the actions that have been taken. I agree the media has been one sided because only one side has cared to put the story out there. There is no such thing as bad media in a MP case.

But this isnt a MP case anymore. It is a homicide investigation, and that fact chills me.

Yes, forgive me. And in the dozens and dozens of posts by daughter J on her community forum, I did see this one reassuring message to her father on March 6, 2011, telling him to just hang on wherever he is.

"I miss you daddy!" We are still looking for you. Archangel "Michael" is your PI and God is with you, just hang on wherever you are. Answers are coming soon.

http://www.rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/4013?page=5199

BBM~~~

"JuM and JeM, contacted through RB, would not comment for this story."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.html?pic=11

I admit I am a romantic at heart, but wouldn't it be wonderful if Mrs. FH would be able to have a happy ending to this mystery? I think all of us can remember a special someone from our past and wonder what would have happened if we had reconnected with them. So, for any of you 200 people who have been reading about Bob and the fact that he has been missing for close to 18 months...below is what happened to Bob and FH over 50 years ago. This intensifies my desire for them to have justice!

(By believe09 01-17-2011, 10:07 PM)
“A story I was told this evening:
A young soldier receives his orders to ship out with his unit, and leaves behind his young first love. He slips a ring on her finger and off he goes, making sure she has the address where he will be staying until he heads overseas. Devotedly they write to one another; he leaves his letters to her on the kitchen table of his landlady, sure that she will hand them off to the mailman. His beautiful bride to be pours her love and longing into her letters, sending them regularly.

Her letters come back each time with the word "returned" written across them, yet they have been opened. Time and time again, as the weeks go by, there is no word from the young soldier, simply her letters sent back with the same word written on them, always opened. Her happiness turns to anger and pain-why no explanation? Until she writes her final letter, telling her man that she is removing his ring....and she turns to face a future without him.

In the meantime, the soldier waits and waits-confused as to why he has not received anything from his love. In spite of all of his writings, he has never heard a single word back...not a post card, nothing. Each time he places his letter on the table to be mailed, each day he waits hoping to hear something.
They both marry shortly afterwards, and their lives move on for the next 50 years or so.

The wife of the soldier dies and he is a widower. The husband of the young love dies, and she is a widow. Fate throws them back together, yet in her lingering anger and pain she asks, "Why did you return all my letters?" "Letters?" he says. "What letters? Did you receive any of mine?" They wonder at the hand they have been dealt until further conversation uncovers the genie in the bottle-

The young soldier was rooming at the home of his sister's MIL, while waiting to ship out. MIL had a nubile young niece she was sure would be a good match for the young soldier. Yet there was an obstacle to the marriage…. His prior engagement…

When the young soldier thought that his first love had forgotten him, he turned to the willing arms of the niece and remained faithful to her for the 50+ years of their marriage, yet never forgetting the first he adored.

A suspicion lingered in the mind of the young love---who had read her letters and then coldly returned them if not the young soldier? The answer solidified when the daughter of the niece said to her one day, "My mother knew all about you. In fact she knew that dad had purchased you a diamond engagement ring with a platinum band." Like a lightning bolt hitting her brain, the young love remembered her final letter to her soldier and the description she had written of the ring she had loved so much. The words used by the daughter mirrored those she had used herself so many years ago....

Isn’t that something???”

Daughter P: 8/11/2009 -"There was a family meeting on Sunday, it was heated at times, there were NO threats and we all left on good terms."

Daughter R: 10/8/2009-"It wasn't a heated meeting," she said in a phone interview. "Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."

Daughter P: 10/4/2010-"The meeting at NOON on Sunday, July 26th was called by Bob Harrod himself and all daughters were to be present. The information that was supplied was NOT what he was supposed to supply per the instructions he had been given by his attorney. Yes, it did get heated at certain times, because he did not think he had to co operate.

Daughter R: 8/11/2010-"I'm sure Dad told Fontelle whatever he wanted her to believe and, her version is nothing near the truth of what really happened that early AFTERNOON. After all, they only had almost two weeks together and that is not enough time to truly know someone, realistically."

Daughter P 10/4/2010-As far as FONTELLE there was no discussion of what his plans were about her as she states took place and she did NOT even attend the meeting. People will say anything in the hope that it will get them more money and believe me she is the ONLY PERSON who is gaining by Bob Harrod missing."

I guess we will tell who is 'gaining' or who has gained after the hearing on the 2nd.
Hopefully the accounting is in order.

jmo

I have never "bumped" a case before, but tonight when I saw Bob's thread on the second page, I just could not help myself.

He deserves to be front and center on the first page.

He deserves to be brought home.

He deserves to be laid to rest with dignity.

He deserves that much, at the least.

Thank you cleo...I feel like we are coasting to a finish line here...May 2nd will be mile marker 22.

Bumping this for Bob. I think about him every day and come here looking for news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper