CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any thoughts or theories as to why Bob's SiL would have been surprised, I guess, to find Bob's housekeeper waiting at Bob's door?

One must wonder that if Bob had chosen, that day, to call his housekeeper in to clean up before Fontelle's arrival, that he would have also told his SiL (who we would assume was on-site to complete expected repairs) to expect her arrival. It would appear that perhaps Bob did not get a chance to tell his SiL that she would be arriving. Or perhaps he chose not to do so -- who now can say? Either way, I doubt that Bob would have treated that information casually. He was not suffering from dementia (as per his doctor) and he had chosen to call his housekeeper because he wanted things to be right for his wife.

I realize that there are a lot of details to balance out, but I keep thinking: Considering that Bob was sharp as a tack, and in light of the fact that he had already arranged to have his housekeeper come and tidy up his place for his wife, would he not have ensured that someone would be able to let his housekeeper in?

Why would he not have told his SiL to expect his housekeeper? And since he did not tell him, why would he leave?

IMO as with all of this post, he did not leave on his own accord, nor did he leave alive. I have to guess that the signposts in this case are pellucid to any LE dedicated to this case.

My theory. Bob was not expecting SIL that day.

Perhaps SIL knew that the housekeeper was coming, but thought she wouldn't wait around. So, when SIL arrived well after he thought she would leave and she was still there....surprise. JMO

that's a thought, Teamer. But I dont think he knew she was coming. I think he missed that phone call...Had he known, I think the time line would have been less than a moving target. After all it would have been just his word had she not been there. But when he arrived back at Bob's house, at a time that is still in question, she was there. And then she cleaned while he fiddled. So she is a witness. She can verify or refute his version of events. And perhaps has. I doubt they have compared notes.

that's a thought, Teamer. But I dont think he knew she was coming. I think he missed that phone call...Had he known, I think the time line would have been less than a moving target. After all it would have been just his word had she not been there. But when he arrived back at Bob's house, at a time that is still in question, she was there. And then she cleaned while he fiddled. So she is a witness. She can verify or refute his version of events. And perhaps has. I doubt they have compared notes.

:goodpost:

Agreed. Additionally who has ever heard of hiring the clean up crew to work along side the contractor? It simply doesn't make logical sense.

Believe, Cubby and Montjoy: Yes, your opinions are very logical. I hope that SIL will come forward and explain his timeline and home repairs to PPD. I read in prior posts that the housekeeper had been working for Bob and Georgia for many years. That was really nice of her to sit outside and wait to enter Bob's house and then clean, most would have left sooner. IMO a very loyal helper and good witness.

Agreed. Additionally who has ever heard of hiring the clean up crew to work along side the contractor? It simply doesn't make logical sense.

Yes, Cubby, exactly. There's something that makes no sense here. Let's remember: Bob was an intelligent man. Why would he suddenly decide to have his SiL (of all people) over to do 'repairs' the day after a heated, rancorous family meeting? Assuming he did arrange to have said (mystery) repairs completed, would he have left his house without informing his SiL that he should expect to let the housekeeper in, should he not be around? Let's remember again: Bob was an intelligent man -- he took care of details. He called his housekeeper that morning. If he had been expecting repairs to be completed, would he not have told her to arrive after they were completed, or perhaps mentioned that she might be seeing someone doing work? Did Bob's housekeeper -- or anyone, other than his daughters -- hear that he expected his SiL over to complete 'repairs'?

So many things do not connect and make sense here if we are to take the statements we have read from the family (through mainstream and other media) at face value.

As Suzyq211 once posted and I concur;

"What if the previous night's arguement CREATED the SIL's visit the next day"

Additionally;

"What if the "signs of a struggle" are now masquerading as "home repairs"

I do believe it is as simple as that. JeM has never been able to say what Mr. Harrod was wearing that day, let alone nail down the timeline.

If the housekeeper had not surprised JeM, I doubt JeM would have admitted to being at Mr. Harrod's on July 27, 2009.

Notice that the welfare check documentation makes no mention that Mr. Harrod disappeared while JeM was performing "home repairs". Fontelle supplied that information later when she called in a missing person report.

We know that SIL left a note for Mr. Harrod saying he would return the next day to complete his "home repairs."

We know SIL did not return the next day to complete his "home repairs."

To my knowledge SIL has never returned to Mr. Harrod's house and has never completed his "home repairs."

Was SIL's note nothing more than a ruse, written to make it look as though SIL believed Mr. Harrod would be returning?

Actions speak louder than words.

This thought occurred to me last night-was there any evidence that a rug cleaner was rented or used at the house after Bob disappeared and prior to Fontelle arriving? I keep thinking about the open windows on Tuesday or Wednesday...I am sure I saw that in the media footage. I am trying to go through looking for a still shot.

This thought occurred to me last night-was there any evidence that a rug cleaner was rented or used at the house after Bob disappeared and prior to Fontelle arriving? I keep thinking about the open windows on Tuesday or Wednesday...I am sure I saw that in the media footage. I am trying to go through looking for a still shot.

I put up a still shot a few pages back. If you look beyond JuM into the house you can see the french doors are opened.

Also, the daughter alluded to the rugs being shampooed in one of her postings.

Daughter R:

Bob was very excited about and looking for ward to Fontelle's return. He had been working to get the house ready and extra special before her arrival. He arranged to have carpet shampooed, patio cleaned, housekeeper in, and a few repairs done, for her homecoming. For Monday, Bob had scheduled the housekeeper to get the cleaning done and a family member to help him with some repairs. Bob said he had no plans to go anywhere that day. He was left home alone for a short period during a trip to the store for some parts, just before the housekeeper was due. She got no answer at the door, when she arrived.

I put up a still shot a few pages back. If you look beyond JuM into the house you can see the french doors are opened.

Daughter R:

Bob was very excited about and looking for ward to Fontelle's return. He had been working to get the house ready and extra special before her arrival. He arranged to have carpet shampooed, patio cleaned, housekeeper in, and a few repairs done, for her homecoming. For Monday, Bob had scheduled the housekeeper to get the cleaning done and a family member to help him with some repairs. Bob said he had no plans to go anywhere that day. He was left home alone for a short period during a trip to the store for some parts, just before the housekeeper was due. She got no answer at the door, when she arrived.

So if Mr. Harrod wanted the house ready for Fontelle's arrival, why didn't SIL return to the house on July 28th to finish his "home repairs?"

Now we are getting somewhere!!! Who was hired to shampoo the rugs? That should be easy enough to track down.

And there is some misinformation in RB's post-the cleaning lady called Bob, correct?

Hi Guys. Longtime reader but not much of a poster. I just wanted to tell all of you that I read this thread every day hoping that it will be the day he has been found. I so appreciate all the work you all do, especially with the case. I first became interested in this case shortly after Mr. Harrod went missing. The radio station I listen to every morning actually had Fontelle on for an interview. I knew WS would have a thread and I've been checking in here ever since.

I have to say that I'm with the majority of the people here: it's blantantly obvious, at least to me, who the likely culprit(s) is and why. The kicker for me was reading the list of items the daughters wanted from the home. The audacity of not just putting together a list, but a list like that still amazes me!

I went and read, or rather tried to read, the postings at a place referenced here a few pages back. I just couldn't stomach it. I wanted to scream what are you doing to find him??? It saddens me that NO ONE from his family is doing anything to find him!!! Or at least that is my impression. JMHO

Now we are getting somewhere!!! Who was hired to shampoo the rugs? That should be easy enough to track down.

And there is some misinformation in RB's post-the cleaning lady called Bob, correct?

Daughter R did post this information pertaining to carpet cleaning.

She said the only type of work Mr. Harrod hired out was for carpet cleaning, a housekeeper, a gardener, tree trimmers, and occasionally a plumber or pest control. She said he had painters out when they first bought the house.

It would be interesting to find out if the carpets were shampooed and if they were who did the job. Did family members do it?

Daughter R:

Yeah, why all of the detail around things like shampooing the carpet and cleaning the patio, but to this day they dance around how many trips SIL made out, what the home repairs were, and the timeline? Why would one feel the patio being cleaned needed a mention? It's right up there with the linens being changed. Maybe a reason for it, IMO.

Areas of focus:

Carpet
Patio
Repairs
Linens/Bedding

Yeah, why all of the detail around things like shampooing the carpet and cleaning the patio, but to this day they dance around how many trips SIL made out, what the home repairs were, and the timeline? Why would one feel the patio being cleaned needed a mention? It's right up there with the linens being changed. Maybe a reason for it, IMO.

Areas of focus:

Carpet
Patio
Repairs
Linens/Bedding

Wonder if the "old linens" have been seen since they were supposedly "changed"? Could those linens give any clues?

(SIL) JM and HK just couldn't make the bed, right? Why the desire for "new linens"? Why JM's trip from RS to PL to change sheets? If my dad had just dissappeared, bed sheets would have been the last thing on my mind!!

There have been so many recent questions brought out about the first three days after Bob went missing, IMO these questions beg for better answers.

Wonder if the "old linens" have been seen since they were supposedly "changed"? Could those linens give any clues?

(SIL) JM and HK just couldn't make the bed, right? Why the desire for "new linens"? Why JM's trip from RS to PL to change sheets? If my dad had just dissappeared, bed sheets would have been the last thing on my mind!!

There have been so many recent questions brought out about the first three days after Bob went missing, IMO these questions beg for better answers.

Yes, besides the question of why it was so important for daughter J to change her dad's linens (and then apart from a very telling interview do nothing to assist with the case or encourage publicity about it), we must wonder: where did the old linens go? Perhaps they were called into service to assist with the 'repairs' in the house?

If there is a list of priorities, somewhere, regarding how a person could assist the location or recovery of a missing family member, I would have to doubt that 'Drive dth to change his linens to make his house special' would appear in the top 10000.

I may have missed it, but have any details about the search of the house a few weeks back been made public? Not just what they did or didn't find, but what led LE to conduct a search at that time? A tip? New evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper