CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was thinking about AH's statement to PD regarding the family argument. Do you think he attended the meeting, do you think everyone or some adjourned from Bob's house to AH's on Sunday, or do you think the news hit the airwaves via phone and/or email?

So I was thinking about AH's statement to PD regarding the family argument. Do you think he attended the meeting, do you think everyone or some adjourned from Bob's house to AH's on Sunday, or do you think the news hit the airwaves via phone and/or email?

I'm not sure how much AH was privy to.

I'm wondering when he was even told his father was at Mr. Harrod's house on July 27, 2009.

The fact that he did not mention to PPD during the welfare check that his father supposedly saw a black Tahoe lurking in the neighborhood earlier that day leads me to believe AH may not have been aware until later. There is no mention in the initial welfare report that JeM had been at the house earlier that day and was the last person to see Mr. Harrod before he disappeared.

Perhaps AH did not find out his father had been at the house until his mother came DTH to "change the linens."

Bumping for Bob...praying for justice.

Agreed suzy-praying for justice. I hope answers are included in any of the forensic reports...it seems like this has been going on so long. Even if there is family involvement, I would think it would be a relief in a weird way to have that hammer drop. I would think the tension would be unbearable.

Thank you for this analogy, dream-I think you are right. I dont know what the turn around for the forensics will be, but if it gives a clearer picture of what did or did not happen that day, it will have been worth the wait. Imagine how nerve wracking this is for Mrs. Harrod!

Imagine also how nerve racking it is for the last person to see Mr. Harrod, his wife, sister in laws, grandkids..... Everything Bobs great grandkids might be asking - even if they are not reading online. Grandpa last saw great grandpa when? How the great aunties have presented themself... How the 'PI" hired by great aunties has worked the case..... How great Auntie R' mentioned polygraphs just after great grandpa went missing.... but we never heard more.... and how does one tie all of this into one going missing 12-18 hours after a family meeting about money?

By no means a place I wish for multiple generations of my family to want to be nor how I might wish to explain to the youngest of the family.

Where is Great Grandpa, Grandpa and Dad - Robert Merle Harrod?

I have nothing to add to this thread, but hate to see if on page 2. Just bumping.

Still waiting for news that SIL, the last person to see Mr. Harrod on July 27, 2009, has taken a polygraph.

Still waiting for SIL to clarify the timeline for July 27, 2009.

Still waiting for information on SIL's "home repairs" which he supposedly performed at Mr. Harrod's house on July 27, 2009.

Still waiting for news on any forensics found during the search of Mr. Harrod's house.

Still waiting for justice for Mr. Harrod.

To whoever murdered Robert Harrod:

When you look in the mirror, can you meet your eyes?
Is there a part of you that would like to tell all?

Or have you justified why it happened?
Have you convinced yourself that maybe he deserved it,
brought it on himself?

Maybe it was an accident? There was shouting and shoving
and he got hurt?
Maybe it was an argument and emotions were high, and he
had a heart attack or stroke?
Maybe you felt no one would believe it was an accident?
Maybe you decided to get rid of any evidence?

Maybe not.

Maybe you hit him and continued to do so?
Maybe you felt he deserved it?
Maybe you feel he caused what happened to him?

Maybe not.

Just wondering what you see in the mirror?

I wonder when the forensics will be completed, frankly. I am quite certain that PPD is working Hand in Glove with OC Sheriff's CSI....again I am so amazed at their lack of turfieness...

Hoping this week brings Mrs Harrod one step closer to some kind of answer.

Hoping this week brings Mrs Harrod one step closer to some kind of answer.

I was thinking the same thing before I logged on.

I know the police report stated there was no sign of a struggle in Mr. Harrod's home. I wonder if there were any signs of recent home repairs being done.

So JeM claimed he saw a black Tahoe drive slowly by Mr. Harrod's house a few times over a 10 minute period on July 27, 2009.

It would be interesting to know where JeM was when he supposedly saw this black Tahoe.

Was he inside, outside, or both? If he was outside, did he see who was driving the black Tahoe? Surely he would have seen the driver if the Tahoe was driving slowly by. Did he mention the Tahoe to Mr. Harrod?

So JeM claimed he saw a black Tahoe drive slowly by Mr. Harrod's house a few times over a 10 minute period on July 27, 2009.

It would be interesting to know where JeM was when he supposedly saw this black Tahoe.

Was he inside, outside, or both? If he was outside, did he see who was driving the black Tahoe? Surely he would have seen the driver if the Tahoe was driving slowly by. Did he mention the Tahoe to Mr. Harrod?

Great questions....

Did he mention the Tahoe to the cleaning lady?

I was thinking the same thing before I logged on.

I know the police report stated there was no sign of a struggle in Mr. Harrod's home. I wonder if there were any signs of recent home repairs being done.

There were no signs of a struggle...I wonder where they checked for one? We know that they walked through the clean but cluttered house. I am sure if they saw things overturned, that would have constituted a struggle.

As for the Tahoe, well why no description of the driver and license plate? Just curious.

Can we revisit the weather during that week? IIRC, it was hot. Presumably Bob's airconditioner(s) were on. Do we have any still shots from the media clips in the days that followed? Wasnt there something about the windows in the house??? I cant remember specifically...

There were no signs of a struggle...I wonder where they checked for one? We know that they walked through the clean but cluttered house. I am sure if they saw things overturned, that would have constituted a struggle.

As for the Tahoe, well why no description of the driver and license plate? Just curious.

Can we revisit the weather during that week? IIRC, it was hot. Presumably Bob's airconditioner(s) were on. Do we have any still shots from the media clips in the days that followed? Wasnt there something about the windows in the house??? I cant remember specifically...

The weather for July 27, 2009 in Placentia was sunny, with a temp. of about 90-91 degrees.

IIRC, July 28th and 29th were both sunny with temps in the mid to upper eighties.

Respectfully Snipped~~~~~

Perhaps the "signs of a struggle" are now masquerading as "home repairs".

Does anyone have any thoughts or theories as to why Bob's SiL would have been surprised, I guess, to find Bob's housekeeper waiting at Bob's door?

One must wonder that if Bob had chosen, that day, to call his housekeeper in to clean up before Fontelle's arrival, that he would have also told his SiL (who we would assume was on-site to complete expected repairs) to expect her arrival. It would appear that perhaps Bob did not get a chance to tell his SiL that she would be arriving. Or perhaps he chose not to do so -- who now can say? Either way, I doubt that Bob would have treated that information casually. He was not suffering from dementia (as per his doctor) and he had chosen to call his housekeeper because he wanted things to be right for his wife.

I realize that there are a lot of details to balance out, but I keep thinking: Considering that Bob was sharp as a tack, and in light of the fact that he had already arranged to have his housekeeper come and tidy up his place for his wife, would he not have ensured that someone would be able to let his housekeeper in?

Why would he not have told his SiL to expect his housekeeper? And since he did not tell him, why would he leave?

IMO as with all of this post, he did not leave on his own accord, nor did he leave alive. I have to guess that the signposts in this case are pellucid to any LE dedicated to this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member