CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me sick to hear the daughter talking about what was in her father's freezer...so he found something he liked and could make easily for himself, yeah, that is something to really disparage about your elderly dad...makes me almost cry.

It makes me sick to hear the daughter talking about what was in her father's freezer...so he found something he liked and could make easily for himself, yeah, that is something to really disparage about your elderly dad...makes me almost cry.

Yep, he could fix it HIMSELF. Afterall, no one else was fixing his meals for him right? No one else was BRINGING him meals on a regular basis. Darling, sweet, caring, LOVING daughters. Geez. Love these children!

I suspect the cheri griffiths forum and this thread will continue to disagree on matters that likely could be easily explained with simple sentences vs long diatribes that include venomous statements regarding their father. It is interesting to view the posts of these women, a lot of which have been removed now, where they state they are anxiously actively looking for their father, yet he was a man of such gross appetites he is worth lambasting all over the internet. And no one is safe from accusation-not his wife, who they alternatively attempted to make welcome and yet also defamed her and her motives, not his wife's adult children on whom they relied for guidance during the tense hours following the "discovery" of Bob's disappearance yet are sure in some way participated in his death. Mind you this is when they are not defaming the BL and her family, who we know are not even on PPD's radar any longer. Why not throw Bob's best friend PE into the mix as having unclean hands, and of course we are all aware of the nasty,vile accusation thrown at him here on this board...an accusation which was completely retracted by the daughter who stated it.

Yet the one person who could clear up any questions regarding the moving timeline has not come clean to his own family. No one knows what his home repair agenda was. No one knows when he came and went.

This is their father, and the person who spent the morning with a man who has been categorized as the victim of a homicide hasnt shared any info with these women. Riight.

I hope that JeM realizes the bus is coming for him. And they will all run the other way when it happens.

Well said, Believe. Never before have I witnessed a victim's family go to so much trouble to tarnish the VICTIM, forget about any suspects! It's sickening, it's reprehensible, and it's downright suspicious. Iwonder if they regret at all their plastering the internet with their hate and offensive insults.

Thank you so much for answering my question.
Here's a link to the forum that was just for one of the daughter's case history.
http://www..com/phpbb3/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=5935&sid=102ce75e1dd3989cd1198fe5c95cd3f6
It's about 7 posts long, and was created Sept. 2010.

There is also an exhaustive collection of the posts from the former neighbor of BH's, (Ca. Exile) who was posting on WS. Someone gathered all of his posts from WS and linked them in this file. So if anyone wanted to review his posts, here's all 72 of them
http://www..com/phpbb3/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=6144&sid=102ce75e1dd3989cd1198fe5c95cd3f6

Thank you for providing these links. Welcome to Mr. Harrod's forum! I would love to hear your opinion after you read everything!

Just out of curiosity, what would the ramifications be for an attorney who filed an ex parte motion that was full of lies and false statements?
Would there be any? Or do attorneys regularly sign documents full of falsehoods, and then later change them?
I know an attorney can only go with what they know, and if they have been told false things, then they are only going to know false things.
If a motion is filed, is the judge/court at all concerned with the veracity of the document, or do they take it at face value? I mean, can anyone say anything, and it is up to the court process to determine whether it is true? Or when it was filed, would the judge/court go "wait a minute, can you back this up?" Does anyone know?

I ask because the ex parte motion is a telling document. And I wondered how much we can rely on its truth. Please understand, I am not saying I think the lawyer is lying. I know nothing about court stuff, and when I see elsewhere that parties named in the document say the lawyer blatantly lied, I needed to understand how this process works. What would the motives be for a lawyer to lie, would a lawyer ever lie like that, and what would the ramifications be for said lawyer?

Thank you for providing these links. Welcome to Mr. Harrod's forum! I would love to hear your opinion after you read everything!

Thanks Angelo. My opinion is that a dear man went missing coming up on two years ago, and it saddens me a great deal that so little has been done by those who know and love him best, to figure out what happened. It is a sad, sad story.

I imagine that the people surrounding any missing person get thrown into a whirling storm, and every family has its issues that become magnified under the spotlight of media attention. It just surprises me that there isn't anyone close to BH, at least that I have seen, who has championed this man and tried tirelessly to seek justice. I realize everyone is in limbo, and many people do not respond well to limbo. It just seems that BH was surrounded by people who do not respond well to limbo, as a rule.

As far as what do I think happened? I don't have anything new to add, and I agree that he left with someone he knew, and whoever took him was trying to get something FROM BH, like so many people who populated his life. LE clearly knows more than is being released, and meanwhile a battle goes grinding through the courts for BH's estate. That battle will probably reveal more than anything else, as it resolves.

Just out of curiosity, what would the ramifications be for an attorney who filed an ex parte motion that was full of lies and false statements?
Would there be any? Or do attorneys regularly sign documents full of falsehoods, and then later change them?
I know an attorney can only go with what they know, and if they have been told false things, then they are only going to know false things.
If a motion is filed, is the judge/court at all concerned with the veracity of the document, or do they take it at face value? I mean, can anyone say anything, and it is up to the court process to determine whether it is true? Or when it was filed, would the judge/court go "wait a minute, can you back this up?" Does anyone know?

I ask because the ex parte motion is a telling document. And I wondered how much we can rely on its truth. Please understand, I am not saying I think the lawyer is lying. I know nothing about court stuff, and when I see elsewhere that parties named in the document say the lawyer blatantly lied, I needed to understand how this process works. What would the motives be for a lawyer to lie, would a lawyer ever lie like that, and what would the ramifications be for said lawyer?

Thank you for a thoughtful question-I for one cannot tell you as I am not an attorney.

But I can tell you what I think. I think first of all it would depend on the source of the information. If it came from someone unreliable or was communicated by a client, I have no idea what his liability would be. If it was told to him by or verified by the police department, well then I could see why he felt it was important to accurately describe both the crime and the relationship between the co conservators and the person of interest. In a case where a man's life savings are at stake.

JMO.

Thanks Angelo. My opinion is that a dear man went missing coming up on two years ago, and it saddens me a great deal that so little has been done by those who know and love him best, to figure out what happened. It is a sad, sad story.

I imagine that the people surrounding any missing person get thrown into a whirling storm, and every family has its issues that become magnified under the spotlight of media attention. It just surprises me that there isn't anyone close to BH, at least that I have seen, who has championed this man and tried tirelessly to seek justice. I realize everyone is in limbo, and many people do not respond well to limbo. It just seems that BH was surrounded by people who do not respond well to limbo, as a rule.

As far as what do I think happened? I don't have anything new to add, and I agree that he left with someone he knew, and whoever took him was trying to get something FROM BH, like so many people who populated his life. LE clearly knows more than is being released, and meanwhile a battle goes grinding through the courts for BH's estate. That battle will probably reveal more than anything else, as it resolves.

Fair enough, georgiajean. I would challenge you however to dig a little deeper into the media surrounding this case if only to verify the person propelling it is his wife, Fontelle.

Another thread in the BH forum at Cheri's Corner has the complete transcript from the hearing in Nov., but I figured it's already been posted here.

However, in the thread on links and information, I found this from a BH progeny:

http://www..com/phpbb3/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=5934&start=15

Has this been mentioned before, about the time of the flight reservations? Is it accurate? Or is it concocted?

Quoting myself, to share this (which has no doubt been discussed before).
As a Mother's Day present, Fontelle's children bought her a plane ticket to Placentia.
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/ktla-long-engagement,0,2499495.story?track=rss

Mother's Day, 2008, was May 11th. So that clearly fits with the purchase on May 6th. Daughter tracks BH down, sees the immediate happiness, and buys the tickets, figuring it is over a month away, and she can cash them in for something else if things don't work out between BH and FH. Seems like her children were deeply invested in their mother being happy, and did not have a problem with their mother having a long lost love, or feel it negated their fathers in any way. Kind of interesting.

(With the other storyline being that FH and her daughter were conspiring to catch a wealthy man. Still possible, but makes it even harder to connect FH to BH's disappearance, as it is counterproductive to getting a lot of money. IMO.)

Fair enough, georgiajean. I would challenge you however to dig a little deeper into the media surrounding this case if only to verify the person propelling it is his wife, Fontelle.

I am glad to know Fontelle is still on the case. In my comments above, I was primarily referring to BH's progeny and what I have seen of their actions/words. I am not sure how much FH can do, both physically and legally, but I have seen that the media does focus on her, and on their love story and reunion. I wasn't sure if that was the media going after the good story, or FH contacting media and keeping BH's name out there?

dated May 6, 2009, reserving Fontelle Heeter's American Airlines tickets from Kansas City to DFW and from DFW arriving 6/23/09 at John Wayne (SNA) at 12:23pm. Return flight reservations for departure on 6/30/09 were included as well.

"I wonder if our father knew these flight arrangements had already been made within 3 days of her first phone call. I don't if it means anything at all but it correlates with many other inaccuracies reported to media."

Actually I think I am going to concur with this assessment, lol. What I find more telling is the yet again salacious remark about her father. She is clearly implying that his relationship with Fontelle is inappropriate and even something more unsavory.

And I suppose the depositions could be posted in their entirety to determine whether or not her statement is an accurate one to begin with?? JMO.

Bumping my response for you georgiajean.

Quoting myself, to share this (which has no doubt been discussed before).
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/ktla-long-engagement,0,2499495.story?track=rss

Mother's Day, 2008, was May 11th. So that clearly fits with the purchase on May 6th. Daughter tracks BH down, sees the immediate happiness, and buys the tickets, figuring it is over a month away, and she can cash them in for something else if things don't work out between BH and FH. Seems like her children were deeply invested in their mother being happy, and did not have a problem with their mother having a long lost love, or feel it negated their fathers in any way. Kind of interesting.

(With the other storyline being that FH and her daughter were conspiring to catch a wealthy man. Still possible, but makes it even harder to connect FH to BH's disappearance, as it is counterproductive to getting a lot of money. IMO.)

BBM~~~

That is the way I see it. I bet Mr. Harrod and Fontelle spoke of getting together from the beginning.

I suspect the cheri griffiths forum and this thread will continue to disagree on matters that likely could be easily explained with simple sentences vs long diatribes that include venomous statements regarding their father. It is interesting to view the posts of these women, a lot of which have been removed now, where they state they are anxiously actively looking for their father, yet he was a man of such gross appetites he is worth lambasting all over the internet. And no one is safe from accusation-not his wife, who they alternatively attempted to make welcome and yet also defamed her and her motives, not his wife's adult children on whom they relied for guidance during the tense hours following the "discovery" of Bob's disappearance yet are sure in some way participated in his death. Mind you this is when they are not defaming the BL and her family, who we know are not even on PPD's radar any longer. Why not throw Bob's best friend PE into the mix as having unclean hands, and of course we are all aware of the nasty,vile accusation thrown at him here on this board...an accusation which was completely retracted by the daughter who stated it.

Yet the one person who could clear up any questions regarding the moving timeline has not come clean to his own family. No one knows what his home repair agenda was. No one knows when he came and went.

This is their father, and the person who spent the morning with a man who has been categorized as the victim of a homicide hasnt shared any info with these women. Riight.

I hope that JeM realizes the bus is coming for him. And they will all run the other way when it happens.

BBM~~

Good points!

I believe daughter P posted the accusation towards PE after he had posted that Mr. Harrod DID help her out financially. I guess when they don't like the message they try to shoot the messenger.

As for JeM, the bottom line is that he was the last person to see Mr. Harrod on July 27, 2009, yet the "home repairs" he was supposedly doing that day are still a mystery and the timeline is all over the place.

Why hasn't JeM told the daughters what he was doing at the house? Why hasn't he given them a solid timeline? Why hasn't JeM ever spoken to the media? In fact JeM and JuM refused to be interviewed when asked. Why did JeM not accompany his wife DTH on July 28, 2009 when he had left a note the previous day saying he would be back to finish up his "home repairs".

Mr. Harrod's grandson, AH, met the police at Mr. Harrod's house for the welfare check on July 27, 2009. AH is the son of JeM and JuM. However, AH did not tell the police that his father saw a suspicious black Tahoe driving slowing around the neighborhood.

What did AH tell the police?

"That it was not like his grandfather to leave without telling anybody where he was going. That there had been fighting in the family recently and Robert was very frustrated over the situation."

I was going back through threads that were "before my time" and I came upon this one by CA Exile which resonated with me given the representation GG made at Cheri's board of the same conversation:

Thanks, DollyPardonMe,

I can not tell you how much I miss In-N-Out. It is my favorite. I am a fast food junkie. We do not have Del Taco, Jack-In-The-Box, or In-N-Out in VA. Five Guys is getting a lot of press right now, but they are expensive and In-N-Out is much better.

Back to the topic at hand. Everyone has been good to me on this board. When I broke the rules, I was corrected very politely. I encouraged people to ask me questions. I have tried my best to be honest about fact vs. opinion vs. feeling. I know there are some that disagree with me. That is good. This forum is about sharing ideas. I am not offended when someone does not see things my way.

The best thing is more attention has been given to the case. Also, I have started talking to one of Bob's daughtersas well as one of Fontelle's children. It has been a pleasure getting back in touch with them. They know a lot more about what is currently happening than I do. I promised not to reveal anything they have told me in confidence. And those that know me know I keep my promises. I believe honor and integrity are things that can not be taken away, they have to be given up.

So, if there are any more questions, ask away. I will do my best to answer them.

Mr. Harrod's grandson, AH, met the police at Mr. Harrod's house for the welfare check on July 27, 2009. AH is the son of JeM and JuM. However, AH did not tell the police that his father saw a suspicious black Tahoe driving slowing around the neighborhood.

What did AH tell the police?

"That it was not like his grandfather to leave without telling anybody where he was going. That there had been fighting in the family recently and Robert was very frustrated over the situation."

Well I would say that this confirms the fighting in the family part. Undoubtedly the claim will now be that AH didnt say it...the sworn officer who thought it significant enough to write into the report probably made it up. ;)

It strikes me that since Robert Harrod's house has now been gone over by a forensic team, that the next step could be the lie detector tests;
starting most likely with the son in law, JM, as he was the last person to have seen him.
Next, maybe, the grandson, as he was one who left police into his grandfather's home the night of his disappearance.
Then perhaps Robert Harrod's daughter, JM, who may have been the third family member to have been at the house within that two day time span, July 27 and July 28.
Of course, on the non family side, the housekeeper, who was there the day of July 27, if she has not already taken a lie detector test.

Solving crime is like solving the big jigsaw puzzle and I think police may have found a BIG corner piece.

JMO

It strikes me that since Robert Harrod's house has now been gone over by a forensic team, that the next step could be the lie detector tests;
starting most likely with the son in law, JM, as he was the last person to have seen him.
Next, maybe, the grandson, as he was one who left police into his grandfather's home the night of his disappearance.
Then perhaps Robert Harrod's daughter, JM, who may have been the third family member to have been at the house within that two day time span, July 27 and July 28.
Of course, on the non family side, the housekeeper, who was there the day of July 27, if she has not already taken a lie detector test.

Solving crime is like solving the big jigsaw puzzle and I think police may have found a BIG corner piece.

JMO

Thank you for this analogy, dream-I think you are right. I dont know what the turn around for the forensics will be, but if it gives a clearer picture of what did or did not happen that day, it will have been worth the wait. Imagine how nerve wracking this is for Mrs. Harrod!

If a link comes up with asteriks, it means it is an unapproved link here at WS. When you have an unapproved link - it also means that the information from the unapproved site is not allowed here.

Thanks for understanding.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads