CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems the more we learn, the uglier this becomes. It's painful to read, even to me, a complete stranger to this family.

It seems the more we learn, the uglier this becomes. It's painful to read, even to me, a complete stranger to this family.

I agree. There's no end to it. It really hurts too, doesnt it? To see this whole disgusting thing unraveling and know its all about their missing elderly father. I will never understand it, never.

Daughter R posted that her Dad may have had another pair of glasses, which she saw in a fairly recent photo of him.

Wonder why this information and photo have not been made public.

"Prepare his own meals? Dad did not have healthy eating habits, he ate sporadically but loved when his grandniece or the neighbors would bring him homecooked meals and another neighbor would take over desserts, otherwise he would "treat" himself to cheap Banquet dinners and had stocked the freezer with them (Yuck!) He liked ice cream and "Mother's" brand taffy creme cookies."

Daughter R sounds like a spoiled child criticizing her father's choice of prepared foods.

Did she ever bring her father meals? I doubt it.

http://www..com/phpbb3/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=5759&start=90

I hadn't noticed a grandniece mentioned previously. It's nice to know Bob had at least one blood kin who showed kindness, consideration and caring for him after Georgia's passing. I wonder what this family member thinks of Bobs daughters behavior following the disappearance of Mr. Harrod. A small bit of light shown through the darkness and ugliness demonstrated by Bobs offspring.

jmo

Hey, all - I'm new to this case and just wondering if there's some place here that I can get a quick run-down of facts to get caught up? I've read a couple newspaper articles but from some of the posts I'm seeing, there is a lot more information I'm missing. TIA.

#359 Daughter R posts that she does not know what "home repairs" SIL was doing on July 27, 2009 at her father's house.

In another post she says she has shared everything and anything she can think of with PPD, but she can only speak for herself and hopes that others are doing the same.

She doesn't know what the "home repairs" were? She doesn't know if the other family members are cooperating with PPD?

I thought Daughter R was one of the conservators of the trust, wouldn't she be paying that bill for "home repairs"? I wish I wasn't thinking what I'm thinking....

BH's daughter's explanation of the sheets.

Initially PPD's missing persons did not respond to multiple phone calls the morning of the 28th.
Later that afternoon my sister came down from the mountains to watch for Dad to hopefully return and help him get special touches finished before Fontelle's arrival the next day. One example is that she had Dad buy new sheets the week before for this special occasion and he was supposed to take the cheap mismatched sheets off the bed and have a nice new matching set on so it would be extra special for Fontelle.
http://www..com/phpbb3/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=5759&start=240

"Prepare his own meals? Dad did not have healthy eating habits, he ate sporadically but loved when his grandniece or the neighbors would bring him homecooked meals and another neighbor would take over desserts, otherwise he would "treat" himself to cheap Banquet dinners and had stocked the freezer with them (Yuck!) He liked ice cream and "Mother's" brand taffy creme cookies."

Daughter R sounds like a spoiled child criticizing her father's choice of prepared foods.

Did she ever bring her father meals? I doubt it.

http://www..com/phpbb3/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=5759&start=90

On August 13, 2009, daughter R posted on the IS forum (since removed): "BTW we checked the refrigerator freezer -- it was full of Banquet Dinners! (Yuk!)"

I guess posting it once wasn't enough.

On August 15, 2010, daughter PB posted on IS "In the beginning of all this mess we the family were able to obtain a copy of the police report and I did receive a copy that was given to a bank as they required a copy."

On February 1, 2011, daughter RB posted on CC that "It wasn't until months later that I read the MP report." This is in response to being asked about the timeline.

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/s...b-Harrod-81-the-newlywed-missing-7-2009/page4
http://www..com/phpbb3/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=5759&start=630

This is daughter RB's response on February 1, 2011 when asked about the timeline, 18 months after Bob went missing. Below that is the reason she gives for why Bob's son-in-law didn't return to Bob's house the day after Bob went missing.

Other than I don't know what time he left for HD, it seems basically correct, according to what I've been told.

He planned to return the next day to do more work for Dad, but since Dad still wasn't answering his phone, he didn't.

Daughter R posts that she does not know what "home repairs" SIL was doing on July 27, 2009 at her father's house.

In another post she says she has shared everything and anything she can think of with PPD, but she can only speak for herself and hopes that others are doing the same.

She doesn't know what the "home repairs" were? She doesn't know if the other family members are cooperating with PPD?

Yeah, why the big secret about what the home repairs were? It's a very simple question. Was he:

• Fixing a leaking roof
  • Painting walls
  • Fixing a walkway
  • Installing new windows
  • Other

BH's daughter's explanation of the sheets.

http://www..com/phpbb3/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=5759&start=240

Does this make sense to you Georgiajean? First and foremost, Fontelle had been living with those sheets on and off for the better part of two months. I suppose there would have been ample opportunity to gift their father's new bride with a new set of sheets for a wedding gift. Just sayin. Secondly, the woman's father was missing.

Within 72 hours of this visit, she and her sisters had hired an attorney and told their stepmother to get out.

This is daughter RB's response on February 1, 2011 when asked about the timeline, 18 months after Bob went missing. Below that is the reason she gives for why Bob's son-in-law didn't return to Bob's house the day after Bob went missing.

Other than I don't know what time he left for HD, it seems basically correct, according to what I've been told.

He planned to return the next day to do more work for Dad, but since Dad still wasn't answering his phone, he didn't.

Mind you at this point a missing person's report had been filed and there were media interviews being done within the walls of 522 Carnation. Again, I am so confused as to the need to complete the special touches for Fontelle's arrival, but no need to complete whatever repairs were to be done in the house? :waitasec:

On August 15, 2010, daughter PB posted on IS "In the beginning of all this mess we the family were able to obtain a copy of the police report and I did receive a copy that was given to a bank as they required a copy."

On February 1, 2011, daughter RB posted on CC that "It wasn't until months later that I read the MP report." This is in response to being asked about the timeline.

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/s...b-Harrod-81-the-newlywed-missing-7-2009/page4

I suppose there was good reason not to discuss the timeline and read the reports....I guess the only two things that spring to mind would be 1.) If I didnt want to know or 2.) If I didnt care.

Does this make sense to you Georgiajean? First and foremost, Fontelle had been living with those sheets on and off for the better part of two months. I suppose there would have been ample opportunity to gift their father's new bride with a new set of sheets for a wedding gift. Just sayin. Secondly, the woman's father was missing.

Within 72 hours of this visit, she and her sisters had hired an attorney and told their stepmother to get out.

Why would she even be acquainted with the state of her adult father's bedding? How could she even be aware of it -- she did not spend much time with him, and Bob had recently imposed a 6 month hiatus on contact with his daughters. They never had any time for him anyhow. He had a housekeeper. If it was such a pressing concern -- I mean, if there is any reality to this linens detail -- why wouldn't she have given them to her dad during the 'heated family meeting'? Or why wouldn't SiL J bring them to have the housekeeper use to make the bed?

IMO, the story about the linens is likely as much of a fabrication as the planned repairs to Bob's place -- only it is more preposterous.

Not going by to do things that were planned, because the person is not answering their phone, seems to play a large role in missing persons' cases (I'm thinking of Phylicia Barnes' case, in addition to BH). Very interesting that the last person to see BH assumed that if BH didn't answer his phone, the work didn't still need to be done.

On the one hand it makes sense. Especially if it is isolated from the other events. She was continuing on as if her father was going to return and things would be fine... I can see that.

But when put in the context of the home repairs not being done at the same time, no, it does not make sense. How can one person be acting as if he would be right back, while another person assumes he's gone and all plans are off?

"since dad wasn't answering his phone"

Hogwash!

The man was missing! How could he answer his phone? That did not keep his wife from going DTH to supposedly change the sheets on her father's bed and do god knows what else!

"since dad wasn't answering his phone"

Hogwash!

The man was missing! How could he answer his phone? That did not keep his wife from going DTH to supposedly change the sheets on her father's bed and do god knows what else!

Hypothetical conversation on Tuesday, July 28, 2009:

Person #1: Honey, I know you saw that black vehicle drive slowly by Dad’s house yesterday, there’s been no sign of him, and Fontelle filed a missing person report last night after the police did the welfare check. This morning I called all of the local hospitals and coroner’s office, and I emailed them photos and Dad’s information and they will send out a blast fax to hospitals and other institutions. In the meantime, I’m going dth to watch for Dad to hopefully return and to make sure he put those new sheets on the bed that he bought last week. He was supposed to take the cheap mismatched sheets off and have a nice new matching set on it so it would be extra special for Fontelle.

Person #2: Ok, well I was going to return today to do more work for Bob, but since he hasn’t been answering his phone, I’m not going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB