CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note the MP report was filled out on the DOJ standardized MP form. The DOJ set the guidelines in the 90's waiving the "48 hour until report" time frame that most jurisdictions had previously in place. It became mandatory to take a report upon notification. IIRC PB stated (or RB) had stated previously that they had called it in sooner but was told they had to wait....and eta: why didnt they file after the WB check?

So on the evening of July 27, 2009, grandson AH was aware that "there had been fighting in the family recently..."

Yet on August 11, 2009, daughter PB assured everyone (post on IS since removed) that they all left the Sunday meeting "on good terms."

And daughter RB assured everyone (post on IS since removed) that they "sat around making small talk and happy talk..."

Let us not forget that daughter PB volunteered there were NO threats.

"There was a family meeting on Sunday, it was heated at times, there were NO threats and we all left on good terms."

According to daughter PB, the daughters had a copy of the report early on ("In the beginning of all this mess we the family were able to obtain a copy of the police report and I did receive a copy that was given to a bank as they required a copy.")

Daughter RB posted a paraphrased "version" on August 11, 2010.

In comparing what daughter RB posted as "paraphrased" to the version posted by Believe, I noted that daughter RB conveniently left out any mention of the time last seen and the son-in-law, which they've been very vague about all along. Now I know why, IMO.

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/s...b-Harrod-81-the-newlywed-missing-7-2009/page4

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/s...b-Harrod-81-the-newlywed-missing-7-2009/page3

Daughter PB posted she sent a exact verbatim typed version to her sister RB and that RB posted what it said without putting in complete names and addresses.

How convenient that someone happened to leave out what GS AH told PPD about the fighting and that the time SIL last saw Mr. Harrod was 11 am on July 27, 2009.

One additional thought-given that the officers noted how clean yet cluttered the house was...why the appearance of JM to tidy up? I mean, the house had been freshly cleaned.

Ah well...all those little details.

Yes, why did JM go DTH alone to change the linens hours after the housekeeper had been there. Also, hubby JeM let her go alone after supposedly witnessing a mysterious black Tahoe drive slowly past the house over a 10 minute period shortly before Mr. Harrod disappeared.

Yes, why did JM go DTH alone to change the linens hours after the housekeeper had been there. Also, hubby JeM let her go alone after supposedly witnessing a mysterious black Tahoe drive slowly past the house over a 10 minute period shortly before Mr. Harrod disappeared.

I guess no neighbors on Carnation saw the mysterious black Chevy Tahoe in the 10 minute period when it was supposedly lurking about. First daughter PB posts on August 11, 2009 “there was a report” about the Tahoe then the very next day she heard it directly from her BIL. And yet she doesn’t know how many trips Jeff made out. Come on, really?

July 28, 2009 – Missing Person Report
Fontelle said Jeff saw a black Chevrolet Tahoe drive slowly past 522 Carnation a few times over a 10 minute period. She said nobody saw Robert leave his home at 522 Carnation, but they suspect he got into the black Tahoe and left the area.

August 11, 2009 – IS (since removed)
There was a report that my BIL saw the type of car that the POI drives go by my Dad's house very slowly and then pull over on the wrong side of the street.

August 12, 2009 – IS (since removed)
Not aware of how many trips BIL made out, but feel that POI was lurking in the neighborhood or at least someone using her car. Maybe he promised to give her more money for the last time? This is all SPECULTION on my part. Heard from BIL that a car matching the description of hers was seen earlier that morning.

Please note the MP report was filled out on the DOJ standardized MP form. The DOJ set the guidelines in the 90's waiving the "48 hour until report" time frame that most jurisdictions had previously in place. It became mandatory to take a report upon notification. IIRC PB stated (or RB) had stated previously that they had called it in sooner but was told they had to wait....and eta: why didnt they file after the WB check?

Daughter PB posted on August 11, 2009 that "she was under the impression that you could not file a missing persons report for 24 hours..." I guess none of the daughters, son-in-law, or grandson thought to ask the PPD about it.

I wonder if "getting the house ready" involved any cleaning products, e.g. bleach.

I don't understand why AH needed someone to do go into his grandfathers home with him, when he had a key for the home? Aren't welfare checks usually because concerned parties are too far away to check for themselves or don't have a way into the residence? Why couldn't AH just check out the place himself?

Just speculating of course, but even if, for instance bleach was used on July 28, 2009, this Bluestar Forensic product could still detect a trace blood stain.

From Bluestar website:

BLUESTAR® FORENSIC performance on bleach and bleached stains
Tests were carried out on various blood dilutions that had been bleached (9.6% and 0.48% concentrations). Conclusions are as follows:

Bleach does not prevent subsequent blood detection with BLUESTAR®.

http://www.bluestar-forensic.com/gb/bluestar-bleach.php

I don't understand why AH needed someone to do go into his grandfathers home with him, when he had a key for the home? Aren't welfare checks usually because concerned parties are too far away to check for themselves or don't have a way into the residence? Why couldn't AH just check out the place himself?

Very good question. Fear due to the mysterious black Tahoe supposedly seen by son-in-law lurking about earlier in the day? But that doesn't make sense since son-in-law didn't think it unsafe enough that he had to accompany his wife to the house the next day.

It's almost like AH needed a witness with him so he wouldn't later be accused of being a POI.

With respect, I think Fontelle looked (and 'did') terrific in her segments. I cannot say the same for Bob's daughter JM, however hard she tried to say the right things on camera. Compare the demeanor, compare what they say. Fontelle stays on point. IMO, Daughter JM looks sweaty and as if she's on a cocktail of psych meds. She's over-emoting, trying to sell a story. If it helps, mute the sound and watch the video on its own. JM keeps shaking her head, looking for signs that the person interviewing her is buying her story. (The same can be noted in her other video interviews -- alas, the extent of her participation in 'finding her father'.) Perhaps she looks flustered, but I have a hard time seeing JM as looking unhappy.

As a side note, I realize that JM has insinuated herself into many people's lives. Some of you may be reading this right now. On an internet forum dedicated to her community, she is a yappy, know-it-all expert in all range of things: the weather, politics, animal care, trite music and movies -- you name it. We're talking in the 5k range for the post-count (although I'm unsure if that includes all of those she deletes -- or thinks she deletes). And yet, I think it's only fair to say that almost none of that posting energy has been dedicated to finding her father. Why is that? Why is the list of items that she wanted from her dad's house the longest document she has ever composed related to him?

I can only hope that this charade is nearly over. The truth will out.

Great post and good points.

A body language expert should take a look at JM on video. She is shaking her head no as she is speaking. Perhaps even she does not believe what she is saying.

As you point out, JM spends her time posting drivel and deleting posts she fears may come back to bite her. Early on, when posters offered to help, JM told them she would let them know. It was never spoken of again.

Poor Mr. Harrod and Fontelle. They just wanted to spend their remaining years together.

I think the final paragraph on page 3 and page 4 really say it all.

According to the police report Bob was last seen at 11:00 am when SIL left for the hardware store. However according to the following link SIL JM reportedly left at 2:40pm to purchase supplies returning at 3:30. Hmmm... why the 'shell' game with the last time seen after the original MP report? Could this second or subsequent trip have been to obtain a receipt with the attempt to account for his time after returning to the home to be surprised by the cleaning lady waiting at the door?

Where exactly was SIL for the 3.5-4.5 hours between 11:00 am and 2:40pm or 3:30pm? That's a huge gap of time to be unaccounted for and enough time to dispose of a body.

Michaels told police that he worked at the home then went to Home Depot about 2:40 p.m. to buy supplies. When he returned about 3:30 p.m.,

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100205/LIFE/100209945/-1/NEWSMAP

JMO

One of Bob's daughters did a very long case history on Cheri's Corner Forums, in September, 2010.
Has that been posted here?
Would it be okay to post a link to it?
I found it very interesting, to say the least.

Hi, Georgia-it is OK to link to any forum that does not come up as *** etc here at WS. As far as I know, Cheri's Corner hasnt been an issue for WS. Sites might be blocked if you find a lot of WS bashing...if you have a post of interest, by all means link it. I will go check out the site as well! Thx.

It would be interesting to find out the timeline the housekeeper gave to PPD. What if it is different?

I guess no neighbors on Carnation saw the mysterious black Chevy Tahoe in the 10 minute period when it was supposedly lurking about. First daughter PB posts on August 11, 2009 “there was a report” about the Tahoe then the very next day she heard it directly from her BIL. And yet she doesn’t know how many trips Jeff made out. Come on, really?

July 28, 2009 – Missing Person Report
Fontelle said Jeff saw a black Chevrolet Tahoe drive slowly past 522 Carnation a few times over a 10 minute period. She said nobody saw Robert leave his home at 522 Carnation, but they suspect he got into the black Tahoe and left the area.

August 11, 2009 – IS (since removed)
There was a report that my BIL saw the type of car that the POI drives go by my Dad's house very slowly and then pull over on the wrong side of the street.

August 12, 2009 – IS (since removed)
Not aware of how many trips BIL made out, but feel that POI was lurking in the neighborhood or at least someone using her car. Maybe he promised to give her more money for the last time? This is all SPECULTION on my part. Heard from BIL that a car matching the description of hers was seen earlier that morning.

That's what is so odd about this-we know it wasnt her.

That's what is so odd about this-we know it wasnt her.

Thank god the hairdresser has an airtight alibi.

I wonder if JeM is sticking with the black Tahoe story or has he stopped speaking to the PPD?

It would be interesting to find out the timeline the housekeeper gave to PPD. What if it is different?

Agree, I would love to know what she has to say about that day.

Some examples of the moving timeline. Add to these what is in the police report.

The SIL's Home Depot receipt is stamped at 3:04 pm.

__________________________________________________ ___

Daughter J states her father disappears around noon or 1 pm.

Reporter: “J says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

J: “My dad was gone.”

Reporter: “What time?”

J: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/...9354&src=front
__________________________________________________ _______

JM told police that he worked at the home then went to Home Depot about 2:40 p.m. to buy supplies. When he returned about 3:30 p.m., Bob's housekeeper was sitting on the front stoop because no one had answered the door.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ppeared08.html

July 28, 2009~~ Daughter J posted on ROTW at 1:50 pm and says that her father has been missing for about 28 hours. That would put the time of Mr. Harrod's disappearance at about 10:00 am on July 27, 2009.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/53721?page=0

Robert’s son-in-law told cops that in the late morning on July 27, 2009, he had left Robert to run errands at the hardware store, and when he returned, Robert was gone.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=67544

Robert Harrod was last seen at his residence on July 27, 2009 at 11:00 A.M. in the city of Placentia. When a family member returned to the house at approximately 1:00 P.M., Harrod was gone.

http://placentia.org/DocumentView.aspx?DID=102

Harrod was last seen at his residence in the 500 block of Carnation Drive Placentia, California sometime between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on July 27, 2009. His son-in-law went to the store and when he returned at 1:00 p.m., he found the front door locked, the housekeeper waiting on the porch, and Harrod missing.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...od_robert.html

__________________________________________________ ___

"He was at home and seemed in good spirits when I last spoke to him somewhere between 11 a.m. - 12pm. His son-in-law was there doing odd jobs as Dads new wife was returning from Missouri on Wed. 7/29/09. Heard son-in-law say he was going to the hardware store. When he returned the housekeeper was waiting outside and Dad was gone."

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0

"JM told police he left the house for Home Depot to buy supplies around 2:30 p.m., and time stamped-receipts bear him out, Loomis said.

About 2:30 p.m. was the last time anyone says they saw Bob Harrod.

JM said he returned to the house after 3 p.m. to find the Harrods' longtime maid sitting on the front stoop, saying the door was locked. Bob Harrod talked to the housekeeper on the phone earlier that morning and told her to come.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/-214111--.html

At 01:27 in the Fox video from July 2009, you can see daughter RB in Bob’s garage on the left for a second (click on “double size” button in lower right of video box to enlarge). Who would have thought that within the next month, she would be posting the things below about her father on the world wide web.

And this woman is one of the two conservators?

• Very bizarre
  • A snake
  • A chronic liar
  • That $$$ was his God
  • That he ended up selling his soul to the devil
  • That it was NOT in character for him to be charitable with $$$$, unless there was some profit in it for him
  • That they wanted him to come home for a chance to possibly redeem himself
  • That he could have had forms for their mother’s life insurance policy ready and waiting for her last breath
http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/81_Year_Old_Newlywed_Vanishes_in_OC_20090729

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member