FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'There is a person who is being questioned who may have been training a bomb detection dog near the site. The individual with the bomb dog falsely reported explosives being found and that individual is currently being detained by police.'

“The head of the Secret Service told Donald Trump in a private meeting that significant new security arrangements will be needed if he wants to keep playing golf, The New York Times reported on Tuesday.”
“Trump asked Ronald Rowe, the Secret Service's acting director, in a meeting on Monday whether it was safe for him to continue playing, the newspaper said. Rowe said the Secret Service views the golf course at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland as easier to secure because it is a military course.”

Donald Trump told new security arrangements are needed if he keeps playing golf | Reuters
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/do...e-needed-if-he-keeps-playing-golf-2024-09-17/
Is he serious? Does he really expect the former President to travel to Maryland to play golf?

I think the reporting on this is probably not entirely accurate, I think they are likely having a conversation on how best to proceed to keep President Trump safe when he plays golf in Florida near his residence. I suspect there is some bias in the reporting and how they are portraying the discussions.

The problem is that he made the decision at the last minute, not giving SS time to do a full sweep to protect himself an others. He insisted on playing there anyway.
I have not read that he "insisted" to play golf. Did the SS give an interview saying this? Who? So SS said they couldn't protect him and his golfing friend but Trump "insisted"?

I find that incredibly hard to believe, any links?

Have you seen how large that golf course is? They're not superheros who can fly around like spider man. Seriously, Trump needs to start providing his own security at his own golf courses. Taxpayers shouldn't have to pick up the tab for that. JMO

I could not disagree more with this, and this has nothing to do with politics or who the target was here.
The US Secret Service’s job is to protect all high level politicians, current and past. Trump is not only a former president he is a candidate for president. That should put him pretty high on the list.
Whether he is rich or poor, the SS is mandated to protect him so we can have elections that are not decided by fringe looneys on either side.
The SS is not allowed to stomp their feet like a three year old confronted with eating spinach at dinner and say “I can’t do it, it’s too hard!”.
As a taxpayer I want the SS to do their job and do it well. They need to get better, not just bail on their responsibility.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Absolutely! I can’t believe that the SS is so negligent in their duties. I’m starting to be suspicious…

"I'm fine. The Secret Service did a good job, actually," he said.

He reiterated satisfaction with how the Secret Service handled Sunday's incident.

"On that on that event, I thought they were excellent," he said.

The house is obviously a mess but it really could be cool! Looks like a surfers shack. JMO
From your link :

Neighbors said Routh’s girlfriend, Kathleen, didn’t appear to know that her partner was planning anything sinister.

“I saw her on Friday. It didn’t seem like she was bothered with anything,” 58-year-old Roy Correa, who considered Routh a fishing buddy, told The Post.

“I don’t even know if she knew what was going on,” he added.
Kathleen, who works at a nearby hardware store, was nowhere in sight on Tuesday.

Rbm.

'Yeah, I'd lay low for a while, his actions have consequences not only for him but others around him !
Bet he never considered that.

The house is obviously a mess but it really could be cool! Looks like a surfers shack. JMO
Agreed, lots of interesting bric-a-brac.
He didn't appear to be suffering with his house and all of the traveling he did.
So what was his problem ?
Omo.

What if the protectee refuses the advice of the SS? Who has the final decision?

jmo
Well didn't Trump want to go to The Capital on Jan 6th and SS said NO WAY? Didn't he lunge at the SS driver but they override him and brought him back to The White House against his will?

Well didn't Trump want to go to The Capital on Jan 6th and SS said NO WAY? Didn't he lunge at the SS driver but they override him and brought him back to The White House against his will?
He was the sitting president then and IIRC, it was known the crowd was agitated. That is a different scenario than a former president/candidate wanting to golf on his own property.

jmo

That is a different scenario than a former president/candidate wanting to golf on his own property.

I keep seeing people pointing out "his own property," so this isn't directly at you, Inthedetails, more of a general observation. There's a huge difference between protecting a former president on his own PRIVATE property, and so-called "private property" which is actually commercial and at least partially open to the public, in terms of membership, greens fees, or other visitors. IMHO it's disingenuous to refer to it as unqualified "his own property".

He was the sitting president then and IIRC, it was known the crowd was agitated. That is a different scenario than a former president/candidate wanting to golf on his own property.

jmo
After PA I think the SS were more emboldened by being reamed out, as far as from the higher-ups saying, do your job. As you say Jan 6th was when he was President, so now when he's not, I'd think they'd have more right to say NO. JMO

It's going to be quite the eye-opener when we finally hear everything that happened in PA and heads will roll...that was a BIG fumble on the service's watch and they know it! MO

From your link :

Neighbors said Routh’s girlfriend, Kathleen, didn’t appear to know that her partner was planning anything sinister.

“I saw her on Friday. It didn’t seem like she was bothered with anything,” 58-year-old Roy Correa, who considered Routh a fishing buddy, told The Post.

“I don’t even know if she knew what was going on,” he added.
Kathleen, who works at a nearby hardware store, was nowhere in sight on Tuesday.

Rbm.

'Yeah, I'd lay low for a while, his actions have consequences not only for him but others around him !
Bet he never considered that.

Agreed, lots of interesting bric-a-brac.
He didn't appear to be suffering with his house and all of the traveling he did.
So what was his problem ?
Omo.

I thought the photo of inside his truck was interesting, with parking tickets and other things all over the place.

I keep seeing people pointing out "his own property," so this isn't directly at you, Inthedetails, more of a general observation. There's a huge difference between protecting a former president on his own PRIVATE property, and so-called "private property" which is actually commercial and at least partially open to the public, in terms of membership, greens fees, or other visitors. IMHO it's disingenuous to refer to it as unqualified "his own property".
I mean "his own property" in this setting as I would assume he feels he can make his own decisions about going there since he owns it, without SS telling him he can't. From what I can tell, Trump sees it as his, and rightly so.

jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbjoe35