CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Cracka, Common sense would also tell us that if you are talking about a Will, but are not talking about money, does this make sense? The contents of a Will lists personal tangible possessions. Once those possessions are sold, they are sold for "money." If you inherit a home, it has a "money" value. If you inherit stocks and bonds, they have a "money" value. So, directly or indirectly, if you are talking about a Will you are also talking about "money".....IMO

Perhaps the conversation on Sunday, July 26, 2009, could have been, who was listed as a beneficiary and when would they get the pay out? Was everyone in the family going to be a beneficiary? What was going to happen now that there was a new step mother?

Perhaps the girls and GS all had homes that their father had listed in the Trust (will). Home values in CA in 2008-9 were going down. Could this have entered into the family conversation? Just asking...

Our whole legal system is based on an important premise and that is: "How would an AVERAGE (John Doe) person (not a saint) respond in a similar situation?"

How would an AVERAGE person respond if they are in a family who's father suddenly dissappears? IMO those of us on WS are on this thread asking the hard questions we ask and giving the responses we give because we care about human life and we want common sense answers about Bob Harrod. so far those answers and the truth are just not forth coming...

I can't believe that after 2 years we are still stuck on the fight that happened between Bob and his daughters! Let's say we picked up a book about this case. A woman comes out of the past (over 50 years) to see a long lost love. They are together for a week and she wants a ring on her finger. Now, if you were the daughters wouldn't you question what was going on and worry about who, what, why was going to happen to your Father and Mother's money that they worked so hard for? Everyone seems to be accusing the daughters, SIL and grandson of murder but what about Fontelles son that was tired of having his mother living off his land and not having enough money to pay her bills? He has turned out to be a greedy one now..Then there is the hairdresser that IS NOT a suspect but de-frauded Bob out of over $60,000.00 and there is another gentleman on record that was de-frauded for over $100,000.00 by the same Ms. Snip Snip! With all my heart I believe Bob will eventually be found and the daughters and SIL will be cleared.

Sadly, I think those who believe SIL has no involvement in the disappearance of Bob are going to be in for a long hard fall when this case is finally solved.

The fact remains there was an argument over money the day prior to Bobs disappearance so it can not be ignored. That is undisputed per court docs, media, and direct quotes from Bobs daughters.

There is no evidence regarding Fontelles son other than RUMORS posted by three angry adult daughters. Bobs daughters have posted many many ugly unfounded rumors regarding their father - the same man their mother loved and chose to stay married to for more than 50 years- as well as unfounded rumors about others.

Fontelle and her family were on the other side of the country when Bob disappeared.

MSM states the hair dresser had a solid alibi and has been cleared. There was NO criminal wrong doing in any gifts received by the hair dresser. While they may be morally wrong there was no criminal wrong doing.

Those who were to eventually inherit from Bobs estate stood to lose A LOT by their father remarrying and spending his money to support his new bride, travel, and enjoy life like normal retired persons do.
IMO preventing funds from being spent was the MO here.

Bob disappeared on a day NO ONE was expected to visit his home. At least no one known to his SIL, daughters and GS. Thank GOD the cleaning lady showed up on her non scheduled day. IMO this Monday was chosen so when Fontelle arrived no one would be the wiser that he didn't just run off having cold feet. ETA Or they planned for the cleaning lady to be the one to discover him missing if she had arrived on her regularly scheduled cleaning day.

If it weren't for the cleaning lady showing up, one has to wonder if SIL would have even admitted being there Monday.

Yes, preventing funds from being spent was the MO here. If Bob had remarried -anyone- especially a woman a few years younger than him, there would have been costs associated with her care after Bob had passed on (naturally) and this family just was not going to allow that. And not going to allow anyone, including Bob, dip into their expected inheritance.

JMO of course.

I'll add in almost all cases of a man being married for more than 50 years, it is almost a given they remarry. They are accustomed to being part of a couple and cared for, also caring for another.

The online temper tantrum Bobs daughters have spent the last two years throwing is beyond dispicable. There was no happiness for their father. No happiness that he found new love and new joy in life, only a rush to get their hands on his money as demonstrated by their actions emptying Bobs home, etc. etc.

I can't believe that after 2 years we are still stuck on the fight that happened between Bob and his daughters! Let's say we picked up a book about this case. A woman comes out of the past (over 50 years) to see a long lost love. They are together for a week and she wants a ring on her finger. Now, if you were the daughters wouldn't you question what was going on and worry about who, what, why was going to happen to your Father and Mother's money that they worked so hard for? Everyone seems to be accusing the daughters, SIL and grandson of murder but what about Fontelles son that was tired of having his mother living off his land and not having enough money to pay her bills? He has turned out to be a greedy one now..Then there is the hairdresser that IS NOT a suspect but de-frauded Bob out of over $60,000.00 and there is another gentleman on record that was de-frauded for over $100,000.00 by the same Ms. Snip Snip! With all my heart I believe Bob will eventually be found and the daughters and SIL will be cleared.

The hairdresser needs to be dropped. Her and her husband have been publicly cleared. Can I take this opportunity to remind you that it is public record that three daughters, one SIL and one grandson are the only persons of interest in investigation into the death of Bob Harrod?

Now, if you were the daughters wouldn't you question what was going on and worry about who, what, why was going to happen to your Father and Mother's money that they worked so hard for?

Respectfully snipped.

I think that justice and Bob's daughters may have wildly varying ideas about familial entitlement and love. Like, who said that what Bob (and perhaps Georgia) earned was at the disposal of Bob's kids? And who says that even though Bob loved Georgia completely, he can't love another woman (despite his age, or history, or whatever?)?

Just speaking philosophically, I don't see any reason to say what happened to Bob can be justified by arguments about who deserves what in an inheritance. He should not have been murdered.

I agree Cracka, Common sense would also tell us that if you are talking about a Will, but are not talking about money, does this make sense? The contents of a Will lists personal tangible possessions. Once those possessions are sold, they are sold for "money." If you inherit a home, it has a "money" value. If you inherit stocks and bonds, they have a "money" value. So, directly or indirectly, if you are talking about a Will you are also talking about "money".....IMO

Perhaps the conversation on Sunday, July 26, 2009, could have been, who was listed as a beneficiary and when would they get the pay out? Was everyone in the family going to be a beneficiary? What was going to happen now that there was a new step mother?

Perhaps the girls and GS all had homes that their father had listed in the Trust (will). Home values in CA in 2008-9 were going down. Could this have entered into the family conversation? Just asking...

Our whole legal system is based on an important premise and that is: "How would an AVERAGE (John Doe) person (not a saint) respond in a similar situation?"

How would an AVERAGE person respond if they are in a family who's father suddenly dissappears? IMO those of us on WS are on this thread asking the hard questions we ask and giving the responses we give because we care about human life and we want common sense answers about Bob Harrod. so far those answers and the truth are just not forth coming...

Or perhaps what was to be distributed upon Georgia's passing was already distributed and the beneficiaries weren't satisfied and were demanding more.

jmo

It sure is hard to catch up on these threads!

I have a question that I can't find the answer to. Do we only have the SIL's word that he arrived at Bob's house at a particular time in the am? Did any of the neighbors see what time the SIL arrived there? Did anyone see Bob leave the house that morning? The houses are pretty close together in the neighborhood so it would seem that someone would at least have seen the SIL's car at the house.

LE is saying that no foul play occurred inside Bob's home. Did someone (his daughters, grandson, SIL, or hired killer) forcibly remove him the night of the argument or in the wee hours of the morning? It would certainly be a lot easier than removing him during daylight hours.

I do find it suspicious that Bob's old flame rushed into a marriage. She certainly seems like an opportunist at the very least. Why would she even want to continue to live in Bob's house when they were only legally married for a few weeks? Doesn't she even feel uncomfortable?

All in all, the timing here is very suspect. And usually the last person to see someone alive is, indeed, the culprit. So, it sure looks to me like the SIL either killed Bob or knows what did happen to him.

I have a question that I can't find the answer to. Do we only have the SIL's word that he arrived at Bob's house at a particular time in the am? Did any of the neighbors see what time the SIL arrived there? Did anyone see Bob leave the house that morning? The houses are pretty close together in the neighborhood so it would seem that someone would at least have seen the SIL's car at the house.

LE is saying that no foul play occurred inside Bob's home. Did someone (his daughters, grandson, SIL, or hired killer) forcibly remove him the night of the argument or in the wee hours of the morning? It would certainly be a lot easier than removing him during daylight hours.

I do find it suspicious that Bob's old flame rushed into a marriage. She certainly seems like an opportunist at the very least. Why would she even want to continue to live in Bob's house when they were only legally married for a few weeks? Doesn't she even feel uncomfortable?

All in all, the timing here is very suspect. And usually the last person to see someone alive is, indeed, the culprit. So, it sure looks to me like the SIL either killed Bob or knows what did happen to him.

LE looked at phone records and determined the last time anyone who is a non family member spoke to Bob was at 10am the morning he went missing. Who that person is has not been released but we assume it was the cleaning lady because other msm reports indicate the cleaning lady called and Bob told her to come.

None of the neighbors saw Bob after Saturday the 25th.

LE has never said foul play did not occur in the house, only that a crime scene had not been found -as of the media reports from 2009 and 2010.
LE/CSI processed the house in March of 2011 - the results have not been released publicly.

It is my understanding Bob asked Fontelle what would make her stay, she said marriage. I don't blame her for being an old fashioned kind of girl and not wanting to live together without marriage. LE has stated via MSM Fontelle was unaware of Bobs net worth when they married and prior to his disappearance. They (LE) have also stated Fontelles family is an average middle class family. Bob and Fontelles decision to marry appears to be a mutual one, not coerced by one or the other. It is my understanding she chooses to remain in the home to ensure Bob receives the justice he so deserves -she wants to see Bob found and she wants to see the person or persons responsible for his disappearance brought to justice. (though I am sure it is difficult with her family far away and not knowing what happened to her husband.) There are no court records of any kind indicating she is after his estate. Bobs daughters pay a small amount of monthly spousal support out of the estate which helps maintain Bobs home. Or they are supposed to, I have no idea if they are current or in arrears with the required upkeep of Bobs home and spousal support. According to court docs the daughters had been in arrears in the past.

There is suspected fraud/embezzelment with regards to Bobs estate, which two of Bobs daughters are in control of and a civil court date/trial is upcoming in October.

hth

ETA: Forgot to add LE has also ruled out stranger abduction in this case. LE states Bob was definately taken by someone he knows and is familiar with.

The hairdresser needs to be dropped. Her and her husband have been publicly cleared. Can I take this opportunity to remind you that it is public record that three daughters, one SIL and one grandson are the only persons of interest in investigation into the death of Bob Harrod?

BBM
I did type Not a Suspect..BUT, I have spoken with the PPD and they assured me the daughters were not suspects either..So, who are we to believe?? In answer to Cracka, I do believe Bob met with foul play but call me a Pollyanna..I think there are too many other avenues to blame just the family..

Just because a person or persons have not been publicly named a suspect, does not mean they are not internally primary suspects.

LE does not always give truthful information to persons they deem suspects, or civilians who call or email on a case. They only release so much because releasing more would impede the investigation.

Just because a person or persons have not been publicly named a suspect, does not mean they are not internally primary suspects.

LE does not always give truthful information to persons they deem suspects, or civilians who call or email on a case. They only release so much because releasing more would impead the investigation.

BBM
SO, why wouldn't this be true for the hairdresser??? Wouldn't they say this about their prime suspects to make them feel at ease and to throw them off guard?
OK! I know this topic upsets alot of people and this has been my theory from the start. I will stop with the HD theory but just wanted to revist this thread and see how things were going and pray it gets resolved soon. This story got to me because Bob lived a little more than a mile from my own Dad. Now, it's been 2 years that Bob's been gone and 8 months since I lost my Dad. It is heartbreaking!!

Technically LE has stated only the hair dresser has been cleared- and they released that publically via MSM. However LE has also stated that Fontelle was unaware of Bobs net worth prior to his disappearance AND LE has stated that it would appear money was a motivator in Bobs disappearance. (both also via MSM).

I choose to read between the lines. Common sense tells me Fontelle wouldn't disappear someone when she had no idea what he was worth. Who knew Bobs net worth? Bobs daughters, SIL and grandson. NO ONE ELSE, including the hair dresser knew Bobs net worth except for those 5, possibly 6 persons if we choose to presume GS's wife also knew Bobs net worth.

There may be something upcoming in October depending upon the results of possible fraudulant or illegal activity with regards to Bobs estate.... time will tell.

jmo

And of course there may be something prior to October.

We don't know what kind of case PPD has against their person or persons of interest.
It's all a matter of having enough of a case to make an arrest and bring charges. And that is certainly information LE is not going to make public prior to an arrest and charges being filed. It could be days away, weeks away, months away or ??

I know those who truly want to see Justice for Bob are praying it is sooner rather than later.

BBM
This story got to me because Bob lived a little more than a mile from my own Dad. Now, it's been 2 years that Bob's been gone and 8 months since I lost my Dad. It is heartbreaking!!

<respectfully snipped>

Sorry about the loss of your Dad, DPM. I miss my Dad, also. It is heartbreaking about Bob Harrod. I just hate to think of him alone somewhere, and I really want him to be found and laid to rest.

<respectfully snipped>

Sorry about the loss of your Dad, DPM. I miss my Dad, also. It is heartbreaking about Bob Harrod. I just hate to think of him alone somewhere, and I really want him to be found and laid to rest.

Ditto and hugs DPM.

BBM
I do believe Bob met with foul play but call me a Pollyanna..I think there are too many other avenues to blame just the family..

Respectfully snipped.

Which avenues do you mean by 'too many avenues'? LE has cleared the hairdresser. Ruled out stranger abduction. Stated Fontelle was unaware of Bobs networth and stated it appears money is the motivator for Bobs disappearance. Bobs daughters have stated Bob knew few people. What does that really leave as far as possible suspects outside of the last person to see him alive?

BBM~~

I don't find it strange they married quickly. They were in their eighties and seventies. Elderly people are very aware that they have limited time. They spoke on the phone every day for months. They knew they wanted to be together.

(Bob Harrod to Fontelle, 2009)
"This is an opportunity of a life time we must get together. . . we must never again tempt fate as we did in the past."

As to why Fontelle stays, I look at it as someone who took their marriage vows seriously, someone who loves their husband. It would have been far easier for Fontelle to leave. Fontelle is Bob's advocate. She is the only family member who seems to care what happened to Bob.

BTW, Fontelle is legally blind.

(LA Times)"For the most part, Fontelle's days are quiet. Her eyes are bad, so she can't drive. One of Bob's former neighbors is helping her, bringing her food or taking her shopping. There are days when the desire to return to her own family makes her ache, but she resists leaving.

"I want to find out who did this to him," she says. "I want whatever is left of him to take home."

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03

Sadly, I think those who believe SIL has no involvement in the disappearance of Bob are going to be in for a long hard fall when this case is finally solved.

The fact remains there was an argument over money the day prior to Bobs disappearance so it can not be ignored. That is undisputed per court docs, media, and direct quotes from Bobs daughters.

There is no evidence regarding Fontelles son other than RUMORS posted by three angry adult daughters. Bobs daughters have posted many many ugly unfounded rumors regarding their father - the same man their mother loved and chose to stay married to for more than 50 years- as well as unfounded rumors about others.

Fontelle and her family were on the other side of the country when Bob disappeared.

MSM states the hair dresser had a solid alibi and has been cleared. There was NO criminal wrong doing in any gifts received by the hair dresser. While they may be morally wrong there was no criminal wrong doing.

Those who were to eventually inherit from Bobs estate stood to lose A LOT by their father remarrying and spending his money to support his new bride, travel, and enjoy life like normal retired persons do.

IMO preventing funds from being spent was the MO here.

Bob disappeared on a day NO ONE was expected to visit his home. At least no one known to his SIL, daughters and GS. Thank GOD the cleaning lady showed up on her non scheduled day. IMO this Monday was chosen so when Fontelle arrived no one would be the wiser that he didn't just run off having cold feet. ETA Or they planned for the cleaning lady to be the one to discover him missing if she had arrived on her regularly scheduled cleaning day.

If it weren't for the cleaning lady showing up, one has to wonder if SIL would have even admitted being there Monday.

Yes, preventing funds from being spent was the MO here. If Bob had remarried -anyone- especially a woman a few years younger than him, there would have been costs associated with her care after Bob had passed on (naturally) and this family just was not going to allow that. And not going to allow anyone, including Bob, dip into their expected inheritance.

JMO of course.

BBM~~~~

That's it in a nutshell!

:goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics