CA - Bonnie Lee Bakley, 44, wife of Robert Blake, shot to death, Studio City, 4 May 2001 *not guilty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe Robert and OJ could make a film together, and with all those huge profits (cough cough), try and pay off some of these bills.

concernedperson said:
They just didn't pick the right juries. You or I and none of these people would be walking. I don't believe most of the US is star struck it is that jury consultants and defense attorney teams are looking for the weakest link.

We would have been locked up and the key tossed long ago. I just wonder how many of these people try and get selected so they can write a book once the trial is over? Something has to change. It's going to take actual video of one of these stars actually committing a crime...and even then, I'm not sure they would convict!

Pook said:
Maybe Robert and OJ could make a film together, and with all those huge profits (cough cough), try and pay off some of these bills.

Or write a book. The "Dummy" version of how a star can get away with murder!

I had my doubts about his guilt....

I agree, I also didn't find BLB exactly sympathetic as a victim...

The little girl is better off without BLK to influence her moral upbringing, imo....

I feel sorry for RB. He is just old and beaten down by this whole situation.

sandraladeda said:

The little girl is better off without BLK to influence her moral upbringing, imo....

But i thought he had just been found responsible for the murder of the little girl's mother (albeit in a civil case)?

he should be beaten down by this situation?

age is immaterial, IMO.

This idiot is still a murderer... and, sadly, because he's a celeb, I guess is "above the law" to do time for it. I hope they milk him for all he's worth.

ISPTRAX said:
This idiot is still a murderer... and, sadly, because he's a celeb, I guess is "above the law" to do time for it. I hope they milk him for all he's worth.
:clap: :clap: Ditto!

Floh said:
But i thought he had just been found responsible for the murder of the little girl's mother (albeit in a civil case)?

he should be beaten down by this situation?

age is immaterial, IMO.
for sure, the standard of proof is lower in a civil case. I am just saying that I was not certain he was involved, by either standard, criminal or civil. IMHO, of course.

I just see him as a washed up, broken man. Even if he had walked away from both the civil and criminal trials, I still think his life would never be the same again.

This is what my husband thinks, and I tend to agree. Since Robert Blake was found not guilty in the murder of his wife. He doesn't even think he should have been found guilty in the civil trial. Which I tend to agree. I know in a civil trial, that it doesn't have to be beyond a reasonable doubt. I know what I am trying to say, not sure if I worded this right. :waitasec: So how can a jury say this man is guilty and have to dish out 30 Million, when he was found not guilty of killing his wife. Now don't get me wrong, I believe without doubt that he did kill Bonnie. But just don't think it is right that he would have to pay 30 Mil. I know he was found not guilty the first time, because of reasonable doubt, so this is the reason I don't think a civil trial would make him pay the money.
We just think if you are found not guilty of this killing. Then there should not be able to have a civil trial, to try to get him the 2nd time.

luvbeaches said:
Or write a book. The "Dummy" version of how a star can get away with murder!
Ditto, but I already think Mr. Blake stole his verison from one of his episodes of the noted Baretta plots. Too bad the jury didn't find him guilty the first time around.

Sure gonna miss the guy "playing his ole' guitar on TV" and talking in his fake NJ lingo- (since his only relation to Jersey was being born there)- and gangsta jargon. I mean taking TOOTS out and parking far away for the BROADS safety was so kind of him- If you all know what I mean. Taking toots out was not his fault, as he so clearly stated. I mean he liked Toots--- because he could just have sex, and just leave.

Maybe Blake will go "COWBOY-ING" around again- seeing the countryside, a lovely time that he likes to enjoy. Just bumming around with us regular folks.

I'd like to see him pay just one dime of the money owed out. Also, I agree, I don't think most of the world is star struck, just some juries.

Robert Blake- Up for Worst Acting Performer in Civil Trial.

Sad..

Gozgals

:eek::eek: OJ

O.J. Simpson on Friday questioned the system that allowed both him and actor Robert Blake to be found liable for murder after being acquitted in criminal court, calling it "double jeopardy."

"I still don't get how anyone can be found not guilty of a murder and then be found responsible for it in any way shape or form," Simpson said in a phone interview from his Florida home.

"... If you're found not guilty, how can you be found responsible? I'd love to hear how that's not double jeopardy."

Simpson said he had no opinion about Blake's guilt or innocence in the murder of his wife, Bonny Lee Bakley, because he did not follow either trial closely.

Simpson said Blake was subjected to an unfair system in which a civil jury can essentially reverse a criminal jury's finding by using a lesser standard of proof in which jurors need be convinced only by "a preponderance of the evidence," meaning at least 51 percent.

"If that was the standard in criminal trials, only 51 percent, then so many people would be convicted that we'd have to build more jails," Simpson said. "The standard is the difference."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051119/ap_en_ot/blake_wife_slain_simpson

sandraladeda said:

You feel sorry for someone who is a killer? Ok/whatever. :confused:

I totally agree, he is a murderer. Whether he did it himself or had a friend do the the deed the bottem line is that someone killed Bonny. I don't like her morals or her scamming but it is not within our rights to purposely kill others because we don't like them or they impede our progress. These kids know they will never receive a dime as whatever money he has is long hidden.It was a moral victory for them.

you have got to be kidding me??

What an idiot!!!! OJ should just keep his stupid mouth shut!!! :mad:

Maybe Robert Blake got the idea to be come a murderer by playing the role of that guy John List who murdered his entire family for lack of money.

PrayersForMaura said:
Maybe Robert Blake got the idea to be come a murderer by playing the role of that guy John List who murdered his entire family for lack of money.
OMG that was a sick case!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back