CA - Bonnie Lee Bakley, 44, wife of Robert Blake, shot to death, Studio City, 4 May 2001 *not guilty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OJ admonishes the lawyers for their "grandstanding" and book deals. OJ, the legal eagle ("shouldn't be two trials") and ethics expert.

Now what was that dramatic glove thing in the courtroom:

"if it doesn't fit, you must acquit" - oh I guess it's not considered grandstanding when it's OJ.

I'm so glad they found him responsible for her death, but I'm honestly shocked at the 30 million mark. I'm glad, but still surprised that they found her life worth that much. After all the crap the defense said about Bonnie I was pleasantly shocked at the jury's monetary judgment.

sandraladeda said:
for sure, the standard of proof is lower in a civil case. I am just saying that I was not certain he was involved, by either standard, criminal or civil. IMHO, of course.

I just see him as a washed up, broken man. Even if he had walked away from both the civil and criminal trials, I still think his life would never be the same again.
I personally can see him putting a gun in his mouth and pulling the trigger simply to get BLB's family out of his life forever. 30 Million? Even during the height of the Barretta show, he wasn't making that kind of cash. And no one is going to hire him as an actor now. Certainly not for the kind of work he was and is aching to do. The best he can look forward to is hiring himself out to the reality-based freak shows. Unlike OJ, he can't go to boat and car shows and sign trading cards and other sports memorabilia for $100 @ pop for the rest of his life, which will be considerably shorter than OJ's given the difference in age. I wonder just how vindicated the family is going to feel once they realize they aren't going to see 1% of that judgement.

deandaniellws said:
You feel sorry for someone who is a killer? Ok/whatever. :confused:
Well, AS I SAID, I had my DOUBTS about his guilt....
:croc:
...so YEAH, I feel sorry for him....imho

Yakwoman said:
Hey! That's an insult to idiot savants!

Yakwoman
Maybe since we now have two idiot savants claiming they have no cash, and the legal system has DONE THEM BOYS WRONG---

Mr. Blake can maybe get himself a job being OJ's Caddy:banghead: - I mean, maybe one hum, man can carry the other - hum, man's BALLS!

I think it's time for me to take a puke break too. Please, OJ, go back to your corner.

Gozgals

PrayersForMaura said:
Maybe Robert Blake got the idea to be come a murderer by playing the role of that guy John List who murdered his entire family for lack of money.

I had never heard of John List and just went to CrimeLibrary to check out his story. I'm just starting to read it and haven't gotten to the murders yet. It's from 1971 in New Jersey, in case anyone else never heard of him either. Here's the link to the story at CrimeLibrary. Off to finish reading the story about John List, thanks!

ETA: In keeping with post topic, if I have to say something about O.J. Simpson, the only thing I can muster is this...
VomitLgSmi.gif

Oh, wait, I can also ask, is he STILL alive?!?! :eek:

SieSie said:
I had never heard of John List and just went to CrimeLibrary to check out his story. I'm just starting to read it and haven't gotten to the murders yet. It's from 1971 in New Jersey, in case anyone else never heard of him either. Here's the link to the story at CrimeLibrary. Off to finish reading the story about John List, thanks!

ETA: In keeping with post topic, if I have to say something about O.J. Simpson, the only thing I can muster is this...
VomitLgSmi.gif

Oh, wait, I can also ask, is he STILL alive?!?! :eek:
LOL on the little green man.
OJ makes me wanna puke too!

That John List case is very fascinating.
I just saw a movie about it last month. I had never heard of him before.
I believe he IS still alive and I can't believe it took 18 years to capture him and that I believe it was that TV that helped capture him! Unsolved Mysteries?

Robert Blake played a very convincing actor in that movie...

John List was featured on AMW. They had a bust of his head of what he would look like. Next thing you know, they got him. And he will serve the rest of his life in prison.

sandraladeda said:
Well, AS I SAID, I had my DOUBTS about his guilt....
:croc:
...so YEAH, I feel sorry for him....imho
May I have my head back please? LOL! :D

OJ Simpson needs to keep his mouth shut. He's even too dumb to realize he is the butt of a jillion bad jokes on how to kill your wife and get away with it. And if he doesn't understand the legal system after all this time, then he is indeed not only dumb, he's downright stupid.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that OJ is a murderer, and I think he is probably the world's biggest sleezeball.

MrsMush99 said:
John List was featured on AMW. They had a bust of his head of what he would look like. Next thing you know, they got him. And he will serve the rest of his life in prison.
Aha ... AMW! Thank you! I couldn't remember the show :)
Yes, it's amazing how that show worked so well for capturing him.
Thank goodness. He got away with murder for too long.

WebbyCat said:
OJ Simpson needs to keep his mouth shut. He's even too dumb to realize he is the butt of a jillion bad jokes on how to kill your wife and get away with it. And if he doesn't understand the legal system after all this time, then he is indeed not only dumb, he's downright stupid.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that OJ is a murderer, and I think he is probably the world's biggest sleezeball.
:clap: :clap: I totally agree!!!

concernedperson said:
I totally agree, he is a murderer. Whether he did it himself or had a friend do the the deed the bottem line is that someone killed Bonny. I don't like her morals or her scamming but it is not within our rights to purposely kill others because we don't like them or they impede our progress. These kids know they will never receive a dime as whatever money he has is long hidden.It was a moral victory for them.

I also didn't like her morals, her scamming or the poor example that Bonnie set for her kids. Robert Blake apparently liked Bonnie enough to screw her. He was just p*ssed off that she scammed him and got pregnant by him. Well, he should have worn a condom. Instead, he murders her for tricking him.

I also doubt that her family will ever see a dime. I am just glad that he was deemed responsible by a jury.

nanandjim said:
I also didn't like her morals, her scamming or the poor example that Bonnie set for her kid. Robert Blake apparently liked Bonnie enough to screw her. He was just p*ssed off that she scammed him and got pregnant by him. Well, he should have worn a condom. Instead, he murders her for tricking him.

I also doubt that her family will ever see a dime. I am just glad that he was deemed responsible by a jury.

Hi Nanandjim :blowkiss: Was thinking about you.. I've seen you post much.. then again, I'm usually in the jury room.. somethimes they serve drinks there... lol... right now it's my therapy room... lol

PaperDoll said:
Hi Nanandjim :blowkiss: Was thinking about you.. I've seen you post much.. then again, I'm usually in the jury room.. somethimes they serve drinks there... lol... right now it's my therapy room... lol
:blowkiss: Hey there, PD. I am in Maryland right now visiting relatives. This is the first time that I have been on the computer since last Thursday. :) I just couldn't stay away from WS!!

nanandjim said:
:blowkiss: Hey there, PD. I am in Maryland right now visiting relatives. This is the first time that I have been on the computer since last Thursday. :) I just couldn't stay away from WS!!
LOL, I don't blame you... you probably need a break from the relatives... hehe Enjoy your stay.. be safe...:p

deandaniellws said:
May I have my head back please? LOL! :D
snicker snicker :blushing:
Actually that was probably the first time I ever used the biting-head-off smiley!

(...probably should have used the head-smack smiley, don't think I've used that one either.....)

And yes, you can have your head back, it left a nasty aftertaste...:D

Gozgals said:
Mr. Blake can maybe get himself a job being OJ's Caddy:banghead: - I mean, maybe one hum, man can carry the other - hum, man's BALLS!
How's this? Your wish is granted:
alibi.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE