CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if this is allowed...l but I found a girlfriend of Bryce's on twitter...

@ kslyfoxyth..... and posts of hers don't indicate a break up at all...

She seems,very concerned with Bryce's absence...

and refers to him as her "other half"...

Just.... Interesting...

JMO

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/missing-teens-car-found-overturned-castaic-37484

This article is posted on the FB page, although it says there are a few fact errors, but does not say what those errors are.

In the article, it says he ran out of gas near Buttonwillow. That's about 1.5 hours north of where his car was found in Castaic off the 5 freeway. He would have taken the 5 up and back from Laguna Niguel towards Chico in No. Cal. I am worried after reading this article that he may off gotten off the fwy to sleep and ran into some trouble. I don't see how they can be sure it was Bryce that broke out the window. It also sounds like he was exhausted during the drive. I did that drive (or a similar 8-hour portion of it) during college quite a bit and I never had to pull over and sleep. Chico to Laguna Niguel should only take about 8 hours, I think.

I'm local to Castaic and will certainly keep my eyes open, but this is a strange case.

IN this article it says "“Through all of the social media, it has been overwhelming,” said Karen Laspisa. “My son’s girlfriend made a Facebook page,"
So maybe that means the exgf?

I am confused with that, too...

I thought it was reported that Bryce went to Chico with the intention of breaking up with his girlfriend...

:dunno:

I thought it was reported that Bryce went to Chico with the intention of breaking up with his girlfriend...

That is what the mother was quoted as saying in an interview. But being 19- who knows. Maybe he changed his mind. Maybe they worked out whatever was wrong. At this point she is helping by getting the word out.
This situation is so strange.
Also - I wanted to say - the dogs tracked his scent at the wreck. They tracked him to the edge of the lake. So he was in the car at the time of the accident.

I'm not usually the one with the gloomy outlook, but my first thought was suicide; I hope it's way off base. The main reason, I think, is the dogs following his scent to the edge of the lake. It immediately made me wonder if that was why he decided to break up with his girlfriend, and crashed his vehicle. If he had purposely crashed trying to commit suicide, but lived through it, he may have gone into the lake to finish it. If so, they might have to look closer to the middle of the lake than they expected.

My first instincts are often right, but I'm hoping this time they're just a result of me being in a lousy mood. MOO

So where his car was found was no where near where he should of been traveling... and he was acting rather odd. I understanding going through a break up and being emotional can make people act irrationally, but this is all very odd. Because everything is so weird you would think LE would want to investigate more! Yes he's an adult. An adult that was involved in an accident and might be hurt or delirious.

I wonder if they have checked with his gf/exgf? Maybe he had second thoughts and called her to pick him up after the accident? Even then you'd think he would of told his family he wasn't coming.

I wish there was a sighting of him walking or something. Anything.

I've read both the Mom's and the GF's facebook pages. His GF is actively involved in trying to locate him as well.

From the video on KTTV Los Angeles that I posted above ^^ , Bryce goes to College at Chico State University. He was coming home to spend the holiday weekend with his parents.

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/missing-teens-car-found-overturned-castaic-37484

This article is posted on the FB page, although it says there are a few fact errors, but does not say what those errors are.

In the article, it says he ran out of gas near Buttonwillow. That's about 1.5 hours north of where his car was found in Castaic off the 5 freeway. He would have taken the 5 up and back from Laguna Niguel towards Chico in No. Cal. I am worried after reading this article that he may off gotten off the fwy to sleep and ran into some trouble. I don't see how they can be sure it was Bryce that broke out the window. It also sounds like he was exhausted during the drive. I did that drive (or a similar 8-hour portion of it) during college quite a bit and I never had to pull over and sleep. Chico to Laguna Niguel should only take about 8 hours, I think.

I'm local to Castaic and will certainly keep my eyes open, but this is a strange case.

BBM: This is what is worrying me also. :(

I'm not usually the one with the gloomy outlook, but my first thought was suicide; I hope it's way off base. The main reason, I think, is the dogs following his scent to the edge of the lake. It immediately made me wonder if that was why he decided to break up with his girlfriend, and crashed his vehicle. If he had purposely crashed trying to commit suicide, but lived through it, he may have gone into the lake to finish it. If so, they might have to look closer to the middle of the lake than they expected.

My first instincts are often right, but I'm hoping this time they're just a result of me being in a lousy mood. MOO

In the news clip on the Facebook page, his father states that where the car was found is definitely way off track from where he should have been going. And all the strange actions he took - it certainly doesn't make sense. Your feelings don't seem to be outside of the realm of possibility.

That is what the mother was quoted as saying in an interview. But being 19- who knows. Maybe he changed his mind. Maybe they worked out whatever was wrong. At this point she is helping by getting the word out.
This situation is so strange.
Also - I wanted to say - the dogs tracked his scent at the wreck. They tracked him to the edge of the lake. So he was in the car at the time of the accident.

I'm new at this, but could it be that someone stole his car and was wearing his jacket or something. Would the dogs pick up his scent from another article belonging to him?

The suicide theory is heartbreaking... but who knows? I keep hoping maybe he went to the lake to wash off because he got dirty getting out of his car or something.

Nothing about this makes sense and it's so frustrating.

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104116/

This article has a great timeline! Apparently Bryce didn't attend Chico but attends Sierra College. I'm not sure what media outlet to believe.....

10 p.m. Wednesday - Bryce reportedly tries to break up with his girlfriend. Friends, concerned about his behavior, take away his car keys.

10:30 p.m. Wednesday - Karen Laspisa tells the friends, by phone, to return the keys to her son after she speaks to him. He tells her: “I have a lot to talk to you about.”

Noon Thursday - a roadside assistance serviceman named Christian delivers three gallons of gasoline to Bryce, according to a $20 credit card purchase for the fuel. “He’s not answering his phone (at this time),” his mother said.

12:30 p.m. Thursday - Karen Laspisa calls serviceman Christian and asks about her son. He tells her he appears “OK” but adds: “His eyes look a little red.” Bryce does not answer his cell phone.

9 p.m. Thursday - responding to a call from the mother, CHP officers stop and search Bryce’s car spotted on Lagoon Drive in Buttonwillow. “Something happened in the whole 10 hours he was around there,” she said.
Shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday - Karen speaks to her son on the phone and asks: “What are you doing?” His response, she said, is: “I’m going to hang with friends later.”

Unfortunately this is sounding more and more to me like a suicide :( Another scenario would be mental illness. At 19 yrs old it could just be coming to the surface. If that's the case, and he was self medicating with the ADHD medicine (uppers) combine that with lack of sleep from driving all night and he could just be wandering around in a catatonic state. The longer he goes without sleep the worse he will get. Praying that they find him soon!

I have no idea if this could be related, but thought it was strange another person, Marti Myers was missing (and tragically, found deceased today) from Castaic. Found Deceased CA - Martha "Marti" Myers, 59, Castaic, 5 Aug 2013 - Page 6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community I hope there's a better outcome for Bryce but man, it's not sounding good.

Sierra College in Rocklin, CA? If so that's a community college, maybe he went there for a year or two and just starting at Chico? Or taking a summer class? Chico starts this week, looks like: http://www.csuchico.edu/schedule/. So maybe he took some classes over the break. Seems kind of far to go for a community college class, but who knows, maybe he has a friend in the area? Although looks like it's pretty clear he made it a lot further south, or at least his car did. Scares me to think of him possibly napping in Buttonwillow.

Between 2:08 a.m. and 5 a.m. Friday - Bryce makes three trips to the crash site – the last trip ending with the crash, according to what his mother described as surveillance footage captured by cameras set up near Castaic Lake.
5:30 a.m. Friday - CHP officers locate his overturned SUV on a paved access road that leads to the Castaic Lake Main Boat ramp, at the bottom of a 15-foot ravine, on its side, with its rear window smashed. Although he left the valuables – laptop, cell phone and wallet – a duffle bag is found at the rear of the car and zipped open, prompting investigators to suspect he took something from it.

Photos of the crash site are on the fb for him. More details are available there as well. Stated that surveillance footage showed another vehicle in that area 5 minutes after Bryce, however, doesn't state during which of the 3 times he was in the area. Very strange and unsettling situation.

I have no idea if this could be related, but thought it was strange another person, Marti Myers was missing (and tragically, found deceased today) from Castaic. Found Deceased CA - Martha "Marti" Myers, 59, Castaic, 5 Aug 2013 - Page 6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community I hope there's a better outcome for Bryce but man, it's not sounding good.

Sierra College in Rocklin, CA? If so that's a community college, maybe he went there for a year or two and just starting at Chico? Or taking a summer class? Chico starts this week, looks like: http://www.csuchico.edu/schedule/. So maybe he took some classes over the break. Seems kind of far to go for a community college class, but who knows, maybe he has a friend in the area? Although looks like it's pretty clear he made it a lot further south, or at least his car did. Scares me to think of him possibly napping in Buttonwillow.

Sierra College has a branch in Chico :)

Sierra College has a branch in Chico :) http://www.sierracollege.edu/about-us/index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nirvanita55