CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to pull up the Find Bruce Laspisa FB on my phone. Can anyone access it?

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104116/

Timeline included in this article that seems accurate. Also states that his girlfriend is sending gym shoes and dirty socks here today (Tues 9/3) to be used with tracking dogs. Hopefully that will lead to something!

Azure - I am still seeing a lot of local media on Bryce, which is good. The Signal is our local paper and where the article I linked above is from. A lot of the LA stations are carrying coverage on it as well (cbs2.com, nbclosangeles.com, etc.) I think his parents or other family/friends must be doing a good job of getting the word out.

All the details make it sound like he was confused or acting strange from the get-go.

1- He goes to break up with his gf he supposedly loves
2- He tells his gf he took a pill for adhd
3- His friends try to keep him from driving
4- He runs out of gas (There are overnight gas stations all up/down the I5)
5- He is seen on footage driving back and forth 3 times from the lake

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104116/

Just very bizarre. I hope they are doing area searches and checking shelters like portapotties and the like. I know I was lost once and I could see the vehicles searching for me but I could never catch up to them. It looks like this area has a lot of main roads though so not too easy to get lost? It also seems bizarre no early morning fishermen saw the crash. Just strange all around.

I'm confused! It sounded like they had videos of Bryce driving to and from the cliff area as if he was trying to make up his mind. If they have evidence of him driving the car (presumably alone), then why turn the case over to homicide detectives?! There must be some other evidence that points to a staged scene.

And yes, he very well could have been impaired if it was him driving. IMO.

Jumping off your post...

I wonder how the surveillance cameras were positioned...

If the cameras captured Bryce driving three times to the "cliff".....

I wonder if the cameras captured any of the activity as the car went down the cliff?

:dunno:

The suicide theory is heartbreaking... but who knows? I keep hoping maybe he went to the lake to wash off because he got dirty getting out of his car or something.

Nothing about this makes sense and it's so frustrating.

I believe it was reported earlier that the car was found at the bottom of a 15 foot ravine...

and that it was found overturned at the boat launch at Castaic Lake...

It is difficult for me to imagine a ravine would be so close to a boat launch as there needs to be quite a bit of space for boaters to jostle their boats from boat trailers hooked to cars... Then into the water...:waitasec:

Additionally... The FOX article above reports that Bryce attends the Sierra College in Rocklin...

I wonder if the reporting is correct... Since a poster up thread shared with us that there is a Sierra College campus in Chico, too...

Just some things to think about...

and... All JMO...
I grew up not far from there. I used to go waterskiing in high school with my neighbors at Castaic Lake. It isn't small and I highly doubt someone would go there just to wash up. It's very dark at night, and there are plenty of places in the Grapevine( I5) small towns to get gas/eat/wash up.

I have no idea if this could be related, but thought it was strange another person, Marti Myers was missing (and tragically, found deceased today) from Castaic. Found Deceased CA - Martha "Marti" Myers, 59, Castaic, 5 Aug 2013 - Page 6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community I hope there's a better outcome for Bryce but man, it's not sounding good.

Sierra College in Rocklin, CA? If so that's a community college, maybe he went there for a year or two and just starting at Chico? Or taking a summer class? Chico starts this week, looks like: http://www.csuchico.edu/schedule/. So maybe he took some classes over the break. Seems kind of far to go for a community college class, but who knows, maybe he has a friend in the area? Although looks like it's pretty clear he made it a lot further south, or at least his car did. Scares me to think of him possibly napping in Buttonwillow.
That coincidence occured to me too...

Apparently he was acting bizarre before he ever got in the car to make the trip.

MSM stated he was "trying" to break up with his girlfriend. Obviously, he didn't.

What friends was he planning on hanging out with when he last talked to his mother and she inquired why he wasn't home yet??? Did he have friends in or near Castaic??

Jumping off your post...

I wonder how the surveillance cameras were positioned...

If the cameras captured Bryce driving three times to the "cliff".....

I wonder if the cameras captured any of the activity as the car went down the cliff?

:dunno:

I don't think there is a cliff (or what I'd call a cliff), looking at the photos of the road someone posted to the Facebook page. Looks more like it went up a bank and rolled.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=622492214452038&set=o.619709491406791&type=1&theater

I don't think there is a cliff (or what I'd call a cliff), looking at the photos of the road someone posted to the Facebook page. Looks more like it went up a bank and rolled.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=622492214452038&set=o.619709491406791&type=1&theater

Okay -- I'm confused again! This photo looks nothing like what I imagined. I don't even think it looks like a ravine much less a cliff, and why would he keep coming back to this spot? I envisioned a lookout or something significant. This seems like a random spot on the road.

Edited to add: Based on the photo, I am more inclined to think that this was an accident rather than an intentional attempt to harm himself. I was envisioning that his car drove straight off the road down an embankment (which seems more intentional). This looks like he may have veered to one side possibly because he fell asleep, saw an animal, etc. JMO

You may be correct...

But this is where I got my information from:

(Of course LE analysis may have changed since this article was published.)

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/missing-teens-car-found-overturned-castaic-37484

UPDATED: Missing Teen's Car Is Found Overturned In Castaic

“Sergeant Wallace called and said the vehicle had crashed and was on its side. It had gone down a 15-foot ravine,” she [Karen David Laspisa] said. “It went nose first and landed on the passenger side. Bryce has used an emergency tool to break the back window.”

BBM

More at link above...

JMO

I wonder if the roads loop or something and he was lost on the way back out? Perhaps speeding and lost control of the car?

You may be correct...

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/missing-teens-car-found-overturned-castaic-37484

“Sergeant Wallace called and said the vehicle had crashed and was on its side. It had gone down a 15-foot ravine,” she [Karen David Laspisa] said. “It went nose first and landed on the passenger side. Bryce has used an emergency tool to break the back window.”

BBM

More at link above...

JMO

Hmmmmm. I'm still confused, but I guess it's safer to believe the quote from LE than the random person on FB. But what do I know? Apparently not much when it comes to this case!

You may be correct...

BBM

More at link above...

JMO
One question about this article: why would it be the jurisdiction of the Long Beach Homocide unit? Neither Laguna Niguel, nor Castaic is near Long Beach, so why would they be the ones to handle it? Why isn't the Santa Clarita Sheriff's Dep't. in charge? Unless, he was murdered in Long Beach and transported to Castaic Lake???

College Student Was Subject of Earlier Missing Persons Report

Dive teams returned to Castaic Lake ...

Teams searched the area throughout the weekend and into this week. The seach [sic] team included divers, horseback riders and aerial and canine units.

Laspisa is 5-feet-11, 170 pounds with red hair and blue eyes. He has a tattoo of a Taurus bull head and Roman numeral on his left shoulder.

He was last seen wearing white cargo shorts, a blue and white checkered shirt and red Nikes shoes.

Contact 323-890-5500 with information.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Bryce-Laspisa-Missing-Person-Castaic-Lake-222226581.html

One question about this article: why would it be the jurisdiction of the Long Beach Homocide unit? Neither Laguna Niguel, nor Castaic is near Long Beach, so why would they be the ones to handle it? Why isn't the Santa Clarita Sheriff's Dep't. in charge? Unless, he was murdered in Long Beach and transported to Castaic Lake???

I was wondering about the Long Beach Homicide Dept. picking up Bryce's case...

then the next article I read reported that the Los Angeles Homicide Dept. took over the case...

Los Angeles Dept. makes more sense to me....

but I wouldn't bet my life on any of these facts at the moment... KWIM? :dunno:

JMO

I'm on the east coast but per the FB page, there will be a news report at 1:30 on KTLA5.

...which clearly was 30 minutes ago! Hoping for some good news. I'm still thinking - there's hope. Praying!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...406791.-2207520000.1378242507.&type=3&theater
1175515_620106154700458_1378812348_n.jpg

I'm on the east coast but per the FB page, there will be a news report at 1:30 on KTLA5.

...which clearly was 30 minutes ago! Hoping for some good news. I'm still thinking - there's hope. Praying!

Thanks, Juicy!

I am in the same "Time Zone" (PST) as Castaic Lake....

but I missed the 1:30 p.m. news report completely...

did any of you terrific Sleuthers out in cyberspace get a chance to see/hear it?

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member