CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Side Scan Sonar is not fool proof. A body can be caught up next to or under a log or other debris. It also takes a keen eye to distinguish a body that may be entangled in debris or partially under a ledge or rock. Visual and tactile search is the preferred method in conjunction with SSS and cameras. In many cases individuals who go through ice on snowmobiles are difficult to locate, even with an ROV with SSS and are frequently found a distance from the snowmobile.

Bryce was also abusing Vyvanse before he disappeared. I wonder if he had experienced a Vyvanse crash, and this is the reason for his weird behavior. Vyvanse Crash: What You Need to Know A crash can cause symptoms of depression, anxiety, anger, and trouble sleeping. It is possible that Bryce felt the depression symptoms and this was the cause of his strange behavior.

I know Vyvanse also makes people violent, I learned this from an experience. My son was on Vyvanse for his ADHD, and it made him violent! The violence wasn't consistent, either. We had problems with him wrestling his sisters or hitting them. The most violent episode was when he was playing in the backyard with his sisters, picked up a large stick, and struck one in the head. My daughter ended up needing staples in her head. After we took my son off of Vyvanse the violent behavior stopped.

I still wonder what he wanted to talk to his mom about? If Bryce had a good relationship with his mom, I don't know why he would just disappear, and not talk to them, again. It is possible that Bryce was feeling side effects of the Vyvanse, hit his head in the crash, and then disappeared into the lake or wandered away.

Side Scan Sonar is not fool proof. A body can be caught up next to or under a log or other debris. It also takes a keen eye to distinguish a body that may be entangled in debris or partially under a ledge or rock. Visual and tactile search is the preferred method in conjunction with SSS and cameras. In many cases individuals who go through ice on snowmobiles are difficult to locate, even with an ROV with SSS and are frequently found a distance from the snowmobile.

Thanks Tracker. I have it in my mind that he is not in Castaic Lake. But, it seems it is definitely still an option. I wish they would go back and look into this and the area around Castaic Lake further to rule it in or out. Enough time has passed now.

I remember a test scenario during my NASAR SAR Manager Course many years ago. The subject was in high hill country, lost and saw something that caught his attention. He picked a gully/wash running down the mountain and started to walk down it in the belief it would guide him to the bottom. At some point, he stumbled, fell and incurred a fatal injury. He was found later in a more detailed search. I am wondering if Bryce is in a wash or gully that is not visible during a hasty search.
Its quite possible that he could be. the area around the lake is full of them that are overgrown with scrub brush that's pretty thick

FIND BRYCE LASPISA
8 hrs ·

The following information was called into the tipline today:
Wednesday afternoon sighting in Santa Clarita of a red head male, wearing a baseball cap,riding a bike in the vicinity of Bouquet Canyon Rd & Valencia Blvd, near the Chi Chi's Pizza and Mabel's Roadhouse. Caller said the person resembled Bryce and is going back to the area again tomorrow and look for this person.
We appreciate you keeping your eyes open if you are in this area or share with anyone you know in this area of Santa Clarita.

Trackergd, I sent you a message last year regarding another case, did you get it?

Sorry Force Ten, do not see it in my files and in-box. May have been lost in the move to new format.

If you resend it, I'll keep an eye out.

I am so very sorry for the anguish that Bryce's parents have suffered, especially not knowing. I feel strongly that he is in the vicinity of where his vehicle was found. I am afraid that the drug he had indulged in caused him to have a psychotic break - his actions make no sense otherwise. His girlfriend expressed concerned for a reason. I think Bryce is in the lake. I hope I'm very wrong and that Bryce will be returned to his loving family alive. The length of time it's been since he was declared missing and the circumstances prior tell me this will NOT be the case. I'll be very happy if I am mistaken.

But won't it be difficult to commit suicide by drowning yourself?
I guess it's probably do-able if you are highly intoxicated due to meds/drugs or alcohol.

If he is in Castaic Lake, I would imagine it would be following the car accident, rather than a suicide.

The car accident which followed acceleration (don’t have a link but it’s in this thread). Where this occurred it looked like the drop off went straight into the water. We know it didn’t, but LE stayed that is what it looks like and that there were acceleration marks in the dirt.

So, to me, it’s really the same difference.

I have become really interested in the Bryce Laspisa missing case. It's hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that he just vanished and has been gone for 5 years. Many speculate that he's in the lake but when they found his car overturned the back window was broken out and dogs tracked his scent to a nearby gas station or truck stop.
It's just baffling that he goes missing and there's no sightings of him at all after that.... just heartbreaking

I have become really interested in the Bryce Laspisa missing case. It's hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that he just vanished and has been gone for 5 years. Many speculate that he's in the lake but when they found his car overturned the back window was broken out and dogs tracked his scent to a nearby gas station or truck stop.
It's just baffling that he goes missing and there's no sightings of him at all after that.... just heartbreaking

The dogs can track the individual, but can't tell you which direction they are going, unless there is a footprint for reference. Brice could have walked to the truck stop and then gone back to the lake the same way.

On the other hand, the scent evidence may speak for itself and Brice may have well survived an attempt at suicide by driving the SUV into the lake, and when that failed, walked away to a suicide attempt elsewhere, misadventure or another life.

Two many stones left un-turned from the search for my liking. The parameters for a search should never ever be dictated by anyone other than the responsible authority. There were opportunities for the use of technology that could have ruled out some scenarios.

Perhaps the way to fire this case back up is to "assume" that Brice did not go into the lake.

Motive: What are the potential scenario's where he would sit in the SUV for hours before attempting to drive it into the lake? What rises to that level?

I suspect that there are individuals that know or have a suspicion and are not speaking up, that would be a real shame as even the smallest clue could put us on Brice's trail. There are ways of being victim and family friendly but asking the hard questions. I really think answers to the hard questions are the key to this case.

Opportunity: Once Brice left the park, what opportunities presented themselves? South into Mexico? Somewhere else? In his life and travels, was there anywhere he really enjoyed being or dreamed of being?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back