CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bryce-Laspisa-Dissapearance-1024x576.jpg

When I look at the video of the homeless camp being cleared out, there is a strong resemblance to this picture IMO He looks exhausted in this picture. But it's so hard to tell, it's one of those things - I want to see him in a picture and him to be found alive. I really do believe when he drove his car off the cliff, he hit his head hard enough, and has some sort of mental impairment. Whether he was on the verge of a mental break or suicidal at the time is moot point to me at this time IMHO I don't count out criminal activity either, but there have been no leads.

Bryce-Laspisa-Dissapearance-1024x576.jpg

When I look at the video of the homeless camp being cleared out, there is a strong resemblance to this picture IMO He looks exhausted in this picture. But it's so hard to tell, it's one of those things - I want to see him in a picture and him to be found alive. I really do believe when he drove his car off the cliff, he hit his head hard enough, and has some sort of mental impairment. Whether he was on the verge of a mental break or suicidal at the time is moot point to me at this time IMHO I don't count out criminal activity either, but there have been no leads.

We have a pretty large homeless population in my city in the winter time because it stays relatively warm here. We neighbor California, also. I look every single day... all these years and I can't shake it. I want him to be alive and reunited with his mom and dad. :'(

We have a pretty large homeless population in my city in the winter time because it stays relatively warm here. We neighbor California, also. I look every single day... all these years and I can't shake it. I want him to be alive and reunited with his mom and dad. :'(

While I sooo understand this desire I must point out that Bryce didn't want to be reunited with his parents at the time and IF he is still alive he doesn't want to be reunited with them now, for whatever reason he may have. My opinion.

While I sooo understand this desire I must point out that Bryce didn't want to be reunited with his parents at the time and IF he is still alive he doesn't want to be reunited with them now, for whatever reason he may have. My opinion.

I'm not familiar with every detail of Bryce's case, but if no one knows the manner in which he went missing, how could you know his state of mind?

He called his mother at 2:00 a.m., saying he was too tired to drive and was going to stop his car and sleep. He said he'd call her when he woke up.
Bryce David Laspisa – The Charley Project

Sounds like someone who cares about his parents to me, as he made that effort to communicate.

I'm not familiar with every detail of Bryce's case, but if no one knows the manner in which he went missing, how could you know his state of mind?

He called his mother at 2:00 a.m., saying he was too tired to drive and was going to stop his car and sleep. He said he'd call her when he woke up.

Sounds like someone who cares about his parents to me, as he made that effort to communicate.

There are many more details of the day of his disappearance than this small piece including how he remained parked in one location for hours without responding to his parents' many calls. How even when the California Highway Patrol found him in almost the same location he was so "reluctant" to call his mother that the officer physically dialed the number and "made" Bryce speak to his mother. These facts are easily verified in every/any story about the day Bryce disappeared. In my opinion, his final call was to buy time since he did not pull off somewhere "to sleep". An easy internet search will confirm that Bryce wanted to do anything - including spend approx 13 hours in a place he was supposedly leaving every time he was confronted ( at least twice by a highway assistance tech and the Highway Patrol) - than talk to his parents much less go home.

Yes. Agree.

I have two theories. One he jumped off the dam and never resurfaced. The other is he wandered off into a new life. Cannot prove either one. When the lake was well down during the drought, it would have been an ideal time to put one of the theories to rest. It's easier to think he is where he wanted to be, either in his version of the afterlife or living a new life of his own making.

While I do see a resemblance, I don’t think it’s him. I won’t post a pic here but when I took a screenshot and compared the two, the man in the video appears to have much larger ears than Bryce. I’m not sure how far down on his arm Bryce's tattoo extends…it’s hard to tell if the man in the video has one. This is just my amateur opinion though. It can’t hurt to turn the info into authorities. Good eye!!!

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office 323-890-5500

Last edited:
And, if he is suffering from unclear thinking, it only compounds the challenges of trying to find him. Sadly, there are so very many homeless people, and especially in California, he could go unnoticed for a very long time. Despite that bright red hair.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Hello, I have only just heard about this; I don't know too much... but from what I have read, here is what I think.
When he was sitting in his car just plainly staring into nowhere, repeatedly picking his phone up and just telling his parents that he would start coming home, that bit intrigued me.

He definitely wanted to be left alone. I think he was waiting for someone and he was just waiting a long time; perhaps he was waiting for there to be absolutely no one in sight. That's why he was in his car for so long. Maybe this meeting with this person was that explaining what he told his parents he was going to do. Regardless, as he was forced to go back by the mechanic, he pretended to take that nap and purposely crashed his car. Then he would make his way to that truck station and possibly come back to that same spot and meet with the potential someone. (It is a bit far fetched but possible). The car crashing would probably make it harder for people to find him, hence, the countless other theories. I wonder if the person in the truck was either a stranger or a potential somebody.

Alternatively, I don't know about the geography of where he was, but there could have been a place like a cliff, lake etc. That he was going to suicide in, or a route he was going to go on and get off the grid, but, he was just waiting for no one to be in sight, so there would be no witnesses. Please let me know any crucial details and flaws with what I said; I feel bad for this kid :(

According to the lakes website, the water level is down by 100 feet due to installation of new monitoring equipment. Also noted on the news that until the recent cyclone a number of lakes in California were down considerably due to drought conditions. Another opportunity for a water search with side scan sonar.

I apologize if this has been brought up but if the idea is that he's homeless, Shirley from beauty2thestreetz on Tik Tok posts tons and tons of videos on TT and IG from Skid Row in Los Angeles. I'll start looking over her content and see if anyone kind of looks like him!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo
Back