CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, for anyone living near Castaic, what kind of area is it there ?

I was just informed that a few cars (my BILs) included, were broken into a little while ago, GOOD NEWS is that the caught the guy.

dragracerz, I have not seen if anyone else mentioned this group, but if I were you I would contact them also, they have a great track record and have aided in so many positive outcomes... Their resources are also quite vast... It certainly could not hurt to make a call and try and get them on board.

C.U.E.

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/

Some reports say his last call was at 2:08am was from Buttonwillow and some say Castaic? QUESTION: do we know if he called his mom OR did Karen call Bryce? Also is there an official record "ping" of where the call originated to clear that up? Because if it was in Buttonwillow and his SUV was in Castaic on the surveillance camera that makes no sense whatsoever especially since the phone was found in the vehicle at the crash site.

Is it normal for someone to burn a body in broad daylight to possibly get caught? It seems so strange. respectively snipped.

I do not think it was broad daylight. I know the original thread had the time of sunrise that day but it would still be somewhat dark at that hour? And it's a very random road not a major highway or route for lots of people at that hour except maybe fishermen and workers.

Just read roomie is doing another interview. Will be interested to see if he remembers anything else....

Interesting. Did you hear what news source? I don't suspect him of anything, but he does have important information, like his twitter post indicating BL had been up for 4 days (that's counting to Friday & I think he spent most of Thurs sleeping, so not necessarily fully accurate). But this helps us understand that Bryce apparently didn't sleep Tues night, then drove Wed night to Buttonwillow.

He's also indicated he wanted to get away from media stalking his & Bryce's apartment & eluded to moving out. Certainly his right to do so, but I sure hope that doesn't create an unnecessary complication for BL's family in having to go collect Bryce's things.

I was just informed that a few cars (my BILs) included, were broken into a little while ago, GOOD NEWS is that the caught the guy.

OMG! SMH. Glad they caught the guy. I'd say it's a typical middle class area, but like all areas, there is good & bad. I wouldn't say crime rates there are high. You can scan through a Google Maps satellite view to get an idea of the area (not huge).

OMG! SMH. Glad they caught the guy. I'd say it's a typical middle class area, but like all areas, there is good & bad. I wouldn't say crime rates there are high. You can scan through a Google Maps satellite view to get an idea of the area (not huge).

I saw the area via Google Just didn't know if it was generally a good or bad area ?

Maybe this perp knew there would be searchers there and saw it as an opportunity to steal ??

Broke a lot of car windows to gain access - Glad they caught him

Broken into today? this week?

It's an okay area. It has its good parts and its not so good parts. It's more affordable than living directly in Santa Clarita, say Valencia or Stevenson Ranch, so that's why a lot of people live there. Plus you get more land. I live clear across town and have never thought anything bad about Castaic at all. But it does have a "truck-stop" feel to it starting at that particular I5 exit (last chance before the ambiguous "grapevine" and there's a jail there Wayside Jail or Pitchess Detention Center off Hasley (two exits south on I5) which could bring some criminal activity...?

I saw the area via Google Just didn't know if it was generally a good or bad area ?

Maybe this perp knew there would be searchers there and saw it as an opportunity to steal ??

Pretty brazen in broad daylight. I hope everything taken was recovered.

And true - knowing of an ongoing search might have brought someone out. :(

castaicboat-search.jpg

A sheriff’s department boat returns toward shore on Tuesday after
searching Castaic Lake for missing teen [BL].

castaic-lake-search.jpeg

Volunteer searcher [AF] hold a map of Castaic Lake on Tuesday.

Volunteers Search for Missing Teen as Dives Continue in Castaic Lake

... Meanwhile, divers with the sheriff’s department searched an area near a
spillway into Castaic Lake on Tuesday.

A volunteer effort coordinated by Laspisa’s uncle and father was looking at
area campgrounds and other nearby spots where Laspisa might have gone.

The search team, which was being coordinated in part through a Facebook
page called Find Bryce Laspisa, was meeting at a Starbucks in the area.

Volunteer searchers — many of whom don’t know the Laspisa family personally
— had tied orange ribbons on their cars in honor of the 19-year-old, a redhead.
They were putting out flyers as well as going over rugged ground in their search for the teen. ...

http://ktla.com/2013/09/10/volunteers-search-for-missing-teen-as-dives-continue-in-castaic-lake/

Some reports say his last call was at 2:08am was from Buttonwillow and some say Castaic? QUESTION: do we know if he called his mom OR did Karen call Bryce? Also is there an official record "ping" of where the call originated to clear that up? Because if it was in Buttonwillow and his SUV was in Castaic on the surveillance camera that makes no sense whatsoever especially since the phone was found in the vehicle at the crash site.

I do not think it was broad daylight. I know the original thread had the time of sunrise that day but it would still be somewhat dark at that hour? And it's a very random road not a major highway or route for lots of people at that hour except maybe fishermen and workers.

It was at 6am

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hmmm broke windows like on Bryce's truck? Maybe this guy is involved or knows something.

Hmmm broke windows like on Bryce's truck? Maybe this guy is involved or knows something.

No, they broke the windows to steal stuff out of the cars. This happened TODAY approx. 3:30 PM (California time)

The area has a high population of people passing through. It's a common stopping point for anyone traveling Interstate 5, and it is right by Six Flags Magic Mountain. I traveled this road 20 or so times per year, and even at 3:00 am, there is a considerable amount of cars on I-5. The lake is on the opposite side from Six Flags, but I've stopped there to grab a few winks on several occasions. It was a little seedy, but not creepy.

The following are the only photos I have seen of the crash site - both
without the SUV in them. When I originally posted the photos, I had copied
them from an article. However, the links below only go to the images
themselves, not to the original article.
RSBM

Thank you! This should clear up the question of where the car ended up. "On Main Ramp Rd" as the initial news reports that day.

Squeeee!!! KTLA coverage is awesome!!!!

so it sounds like they are searching the Lagoon now too, which is good , but

what did she mean by "crossed the dam"????

that spillway is on the other side opposite from where BL's suv was found

Did they track him to the other side of the damn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nelib87