CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say we went through a similar experience, where a routine police investigation was never properly conducted in the beginning. It is likely because the original detectives were leaning towards Bryce being a runaway or scared kid who did some drugs and wrecked his car and they guessed he'd turn up soon enough (JMO).
TSBM

I have had a similar thought from the beginning. The initial investigators figured it for an intoxicated teen who crashed & ran off so they wouldn't get in trouble & really blew it off from there - only searching out of duty because he couldn't be found. They even said there didn't appear to be enough blood for a serious injury. Closed head injuries from blunt force can be deadly & leave little to no blood. They know this. I think they were trying to downplay concerns. JMO

I thought of that too. Thinking someone in the truck had a weapon held to Bryce him forcing him drive somewhere so Bryce purposely crashed the car to escape from the perp. My mind is all over the place with theories. I wish Bryce would be found already so I can get my work done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Something that has been crossing my mind but is very unlikely: could the burning body be the perp and Bryce is in hiding? I know it's crazy... but to me could explain why the ID is taking so long (aside from the apparent wait for dental confirmation)... the body is not his but there is a lot of his evidence on it.

I doubt it, but just a thought.

Nothing new in the following article but ...

JMO,
I suggest everyone click on each posted news articles as I believe the news sites take note of interest in topics and in part, based on those figures, report more or less on that particular topic. Perhaps someone in the industry can confirm or deny, and/or give better suggestions to keep media interested/reporting active. TIA

[BL] Still Not I.D.'d as Body Found Burned at Lake Castaic Due to Security Hold

Tue., Sep. 10 2013 at 10:17 AM

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2013/09/bryce_laspisa_missing_lake_cas.php

Hopefully a few international hits will give their stats a real buzz then!

Do we know if the driver of Bryce's car was wearing a seatbelt? This could give us a better idea about possible head injuries.

RSBM
I noticed in the pic where they found Bryce's truck overturned there was a lighter on the ground so apparently he did keep lighters.

I'm just trying to look at all possibilities. Until the body is identified and hopefully it will be soon so we can rule this out and move on to the next step.

Are there links to pics from the crashed SUV? I hadn't seen those. Thanks!

Also, has the entire hill area the SUV rolled through been searched for anything that was thrown from the vehicle?

I thought of that too. Thinking someone in the truck had a weapon held to Bryce him forcing him drive somewhere so Bryce purposely crashed the car to escape from the perp. My mind is all over the place with theories. I wish Bryce would be found already so I can get my work done.

Yep, your scenario seems possible but then what? Small amount of blood in SUV, and no blood trail (that we are aware), just vanished. No reports of screams for help. No one sees/hears anything. Brand new, sophisticated camera system at lake captures nothing/no image of BL (as far as we know). Air, land and water searches turn up zip/zilch/nada.

Then, FIVE DAYS later, a burning body appears about two miles from crash site.?.?.?

Ugh! My mind is all over the place with this case too!

And, now this eerie silence, again, is worrying me.

No new news on Bryce.

I don't know if I posted this yesterday or not but I spoke with detective Jose Lopez from Ventura county and was informed that the body found in the Somis Orchard was a Hispanic male - NOT BRYCE

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of this persons loved ones

Thanks for that insight. I figured it couldn't be Bryce since LE was searching the local area and in the lake after the burning man was found. The parents sent dental records immediately after burning man was found. Why would LE waste resources by searching without first checking dental records?

Something that has been crossing my mind but is very unlikely: could the burning body be the perp and Bryce is in hiding? I know it's crazy... but to me could explain why the ID is taking so long (aside from the apparent wait for dental confirmation)... the body is not his but there is a lot of his evidence on it.

I doubt it, but just a thought.

It could be so many things. The more I think about it my gut feeling tells me it wasn't Bryce driving at Castaic but was the perp trying to decide where to dispose of his body thats why it returned there 3 times. Perp was in a panic and truck crashed. That could be why small amount of blood found. I believe what happened transpired was after Bryce got off the phone with his Mom at Buttonwillow. Everything went downhill from there. This could be why the security hold. LE is trying to tie this puzzle together. They know more about this case than they are leading on. I don't think they purposely want to cause pain to Bryce's family but have to follow protocol if this is possibly linked to a serial killer, etc... I would believe they want to be 100% sure about the facts they release.

Thanks for that insight. I figured it couldn't be Bryce since LE was searching the local area and in the lake after the burning man was found. The parents sent dental records immediately after burning man was found. Why would LE waste resources by searching without first checking dental records?
Because it can take up to two weeks to get dental identification. This body in Castaic was badly burned, it could still be Bryce...

If you saw the links I posted about burning bodies in the area a lot of them were never identified so that is a possibility. I would imagine they could at least rule people out though? Anyone know?

It could be so many things. The more I think about it my gut feeling tells me it wasn't Bryce driving at Castaic but was the perp trying to decide where to dispose of his body thats why it returned there 3 times. Perp was in a panic and truck crashed. That could be why small amount of blood found. I believe what happened transpired was after Bryce got off the phone with his Mom at Buttonwillow. Everything went downhill from there. This could be why the security hold. LE is trying to tie this puzzle together. They know more about this case than they are leading on. I don't think they purposely want to cause pain to Bryce's family but have to follow protocol if this is possibly linked to a serial killer, etc... I would believe they want to be 100% sure about the facts they release.

But Bryce talked to his mother around 2am very close to the time that his car was first seen driving in Castaic. I think that IF Bryce was carjacked/met with foul play then it was probably in Castaic NOT Buttonwillow. :twocents:

Bryce's Uncle is on KFI radio right now..... Bill Carroll's radio show.

Because it can take up to two weeks to get dental identification. This body in Castaic was badly burned, it could still be Bryce...

Why so long on the blood DNA in the truck? I've googled it, results could take two days to two weeks. That should have been back by now.

Someone asked on a earlier post if someone has an account on oc register.
I bought myself an daypass. And from what I have in mind it isn't allowed to repost, just inserting links,right?

Someone asked on a earlier post if someone has an account on oc register.
I bought myself an daypass. And from what I have in mind it isn't allowed to repost, just inserting links,right?

If it's MSM, even paid, you can only post 10% of the article due to copyright laws. Course, who's to prevent you from posting more than once!

You can just copy in new things maybe to save time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
username_not_found