DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are collecting DNA now

amazing how things work when an investigation is handled properly

They are collecting DNA now

amazing how things work when an investigation is handled properly

Woohoo! Hopefully they will know soon if the blood in the car belongs to Bryce. I think it goes without saying that that would be EXTREMELY helpful information to have.

From santaclarita.com/blog/:

September 10, 2013 - Daily Brief

• The Coroner's office has gone from promising us results on Burning Man last Thursday, then perhaps Friday, to possibly having conducted an autopsy on Saturday to complete security lockout according to today's Signal, which reports that Coroner officials aren't allowed to report results because LASD investigators have prohibited them from doing so. So I suppose we just won't get results, right? Why is the County continuing to search and expend resources and time? What does that tell us, that the remains are not of Laspisa? SIGNAL
  • In contrast: Smith @ KHTS says the LASD has essentially given up hope of finding Laspisa, turning his case into a "informal search" status rather than a "critical missing person." And Smith says the Laspisa case has been turned over to the Long Beach Homicide Unit, which doesn't make much sense to me. KHTS
... [on to other topics]

Dragracerz can you get Marc Klaas to call up Nancy Grace show to report on this? He is a guest on the show regularly and Im sure friends. I'm not sure if your familiar with NG but her HLN show is about solving the latest crime and missing persons cases.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yup, as much as people here want, it won't be neatly wrapped up in an hour like a C.S.I. show...

That's for sure. But it seems that LE should be more communicative with an agonized family. It feels they are not being communicative enough and they should work to build trust with Bryce's family.

It was the new detectives that told my sister we need answers regarding a, b, c, d, etc

a, b, c, d, etc = the same questions that constantly keep popping up in this forum.

SO, if we all knew, we meaning us on Websleuths, that these same questions needed answers, and the new detectives knew these questions needed answers, what the H*** kind of investigation was taking place before today ????

Maybe they have been seeking those answers without results. Hence the new blood on the case. It's a complicated one.

Is it normal for someone to burn a body in broad daylight to possibly get caught? It seems so strange. Seems it would be easy for the perp to be seen running in the brush by a biker, jogger, fisherman. Many of the college students are still out for the summer. Is seems more likely this would have been done in the night time and somewhere else by the perp. Very strange. This is what baffles me.

Bryce parents said none of the family knew a thing about camping and hiking. When Bryce's truck overturned it was at night. It gets very dark at night by the lake and not knowing anything about camping could be very scary to say the least. He was probably disoriented from no sleep for four days. Wouldn't it make more sense that he would have stayed near his truck till daylight instead of wandering off especially since he knew his cell phone was inside?

Maybe he could have been trying to start a little fire as to attract help and accidentally caught himself on fire in the process. He could have been injured and no water on his person to get the flame out. No sleep and in the 100 degree heat a few days he would have been very weak and not clear thinking. Wouldn't the biker who found him heard screams? unless he was too weak and too late on the scene. I read yesterday that when Amanda Bynes had started that fire her pants caught on fire but the neighbor got to her very quickly to put it out. I noticed in the pic where they found Bryce's truck overturned there was a lighter on the ground so apparently he did keep lighters.

I'm just trying to look at all possibilities. Until the body is identified and hopefully it will be soon so we can rule this out and move on to the next step.

The main thing actually that throws me is that although the body was found very near the crash site, it was found burning, days after the crash. This allows for a ton of possibilities in my mind.

Where's his black Jansport backpack that he carried everyday?? At least every time I saw him he had that thing on his back! Even to go get food off campus he had it.

Dragracerz congrats on what a great job your doing for your Nephew. You are really a mover and a shaker. I would want you on my team anyday.

I was wondering if you knew why Bryce went to Sierra Jr College in Sacramento instead of a local Jr College here in Orange County where his folks live?

I quickly went through some of the posts to catch up.

No one has asked me not to talk to the media. I would never say anything to jeopardize the investigation, but with that being said, I am not going to be silenced.
I called Jim Holt from Signal SVC and he did a piece on the searching at Castaic yesterday. He also posted the findBL email address in the piece - awesome
I also called KABC and spoke with them - I didn't see if they did anything
If media dosent stay on top of this, I feel Bryce will just be a "forgotten" missing person

Dragracerz, you are doing such an amazing job. And it sounds like Jim Holt could be a good guy to keep in touch with. Those of us who were here for the Jennifer Ramsaran case will tell you that a local reporter, Joe Mahoney, was a real hero in keeping her name in the media.

Nothing new in the following article but ...

JMO,
I suggest everyone click on each posted news articles as I believe the news sites take note of interest in topics and in part, based on those figures, report more or less on that particular topic. Perhaps someone in the industry can confirm or deny, and/or give better suggestions to keep media interested/reporting active. TIA

[BL] Still Not I.D.'d as Body Found Burned at Lake Castaic Due to Security Hold

Tue., Sep. 10 2013 at 10:17 AM

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2013/09/bryce_laspisa_missing_lake_cas.php

Nothing new in the following article but ...

JMO,
I suggest everyone click on each posted news articles as I believe the news sites take note of interest in topics and in part, based on those figures, report more or less on that particular topic. Perhaps someone in the industry can confirm or deny, and/or give better suggestions to keep media interested/reporting active. TIA

[BL] Still Not I.D.'d as Body Found Burned at Lake Castaic Due to Security Hold

Tue., Sep. 10 2013 at 10:17 AM

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2013/09/bryce_laspisa_missing_lake_cas.php

I help develop software for a company that does this sort of thing: ranking, search etc.

Usually, the number of clicks determines the order the link will appear in, so it can't hurt to click. Not sure if news media uses this to take action for more stories, but it can't hurt to click more. There is a side effect that the medium gets more ad revenue though ;)

I help develop software for a company that does this sort of thing: ranking, search etc.

Usually, the number of clicks determines the order the link will appear in, so it can't hurt to click. Not sure if news media uses this to take action for more stories, but it can't hurt to click more. There is a side effect that the medium gets more ad revenue though ;)

Thanks! Good to know!

The "medium" in this case (where WS readers click link in a post taking them to the news site to read article) being WS or the news site or both? TIA

Thanks! Good to know!

The "medium" in this case (where WS readers click link in a post taking them to the news site to read article) being WS or the news site or both? TIA

The news site.

What about the possibility BL picked up a hitchhiker in Buttonwillow or Castaic?

@dragracerz: Is that something BL would do? TIA
[I do remember you stated that only one person was visible in SUV on Castaic video.]

It was the new detectives that told my sister we need answers regarding a, b, c, d, etc

a, b, c, d, etc = the same questions that constantly keep popping up in this forum.

SO, if we all knew, we meaning us on Websleuths, that these same questions needed answers, and the new detectives knew these questions needed answers, what the H*** kind of investigation was taking place before today ????

I will say we went through a similar experience, where a routine police investigation was never properly conducted in the beginning. It is likely because the original detectives were leaning towards Bryce being a runaway or scared kid who did some drugs and wrecked his car and they guessed he'd turn up soon enough (JMO). In Linnea's case and in this case, I find those assumptions mind boggling. Especially here, where there is so much physical evidence for foul play, injury, etc. Glad you are making progress now, though. And I agree, stick with the volunteer orgs for now. Klaas knows exactly what they are doing and they have the success rates to prove it.

Where's his black Jansport backpack that he carried everyday?? At least every time I saw him he had that thing on his back! Even to go get food off campus he had it.

Good quesrion!!!

Was this the bag found zipped open at the crash site? I'm thinking not.

dragracerz: If the backpack is missing, what did he normally carry in it? I think the gf should be asked what she knew him to carry. It may be different than what mom thinks. (Not in a bad way)

What about the possibility BL picked up a hitchhiker in Buttonwillow or Castaic?

@dragracerz: Is that something BL would do? TIA
[I do remember you stated that only one person was visible in SUV on Castaic video.]

I thought of that too. Thinking someone in the truck had a weapon held to Bryce him forcing him drive somewhere so Bryce purposely crashed the car to escape from the perp. My mind is all over the place with theories. I wish Bryce would be found already so I can get my work done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members