CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They must have access to all sorts of real time information. It sickens me they keep it to themselves for nefarious means.

Back to the case, I think Bryce's car was driven by the abductor and 'crashed' where it was found.
I think the blood found was due to Bryce being punched and beaten whilst sleeping in the car.
I think this is either the work of a local serial killer (3 bodies in a week found in a lowly populated area is frightening) OR someone that knew him followed him from his point of departure.
I'd like to know if any of his college friends hail from the area he disappeared in.

BBM this particular idea jumped out at me only because my husband naps in his car a lot, with the doors locked but car and A/C on. He said his biggest worry is that someone will break the window and knock him out to steal the car. He (husband) always finds somewhere kind of hidden and out of the way to nap and sleeps with "one eye open" as he puts it. (no I'm not a fan of any of this, but I know he does it) I wonder if Bryce did the same on this trip, but maybe that one open eye closed. Is his car one that's commonly stolen?

Jumping off your post... I'm cautious again in saying this because I don't want to offend anyone who might live there, but I was soooo freaked out when I was in Buttonwillow by myself previously. The "truck stop" part was fine, I wasn't nervous there other than day-to-day awareness, but when I accidentally went into the actual town part (a few miles off the highway) it was pretty scary. I wasn't driving anything fancy, just a normal everyday truck that was about 5 years old, but I felt like I had a target on my back the entire time, particularly when I drove through a residential area. I'm still unclear on where Bryce took his nap, but it scares me to think if he did stop and take a nap in Buttonwillow (the town as opposed to the truck stop) he could've been in quite a bit of danger and not even realized it. At a truck stop no one probably would've noticed or cared if he stopped and napped with the car running, but I could see someone following him from the town area.

If the burning body is not Bryce, now they have a (most likely) murder, and the missing man becomes suspect or in serious danger.

If it is Bryce, they (most likely) have a murderer on their hands, and might need to make sure there is nothing else around that would give clues.

If the burning body was only a partial, they might need to look for more of it.

Plus all the other bodies found around that general area recently. Much as I wish they'd release info NOW, I know it's got to be complicated.

Plus all the other bodies found around that general area recently. Much as I wish they'd release info NOW, I know it's got to be complicated.
Yup, as much as people here want, it won't be neatly wrapped up in an hour like a C.S.I. show...

Has it been verified that LE is actually asking them to essentially button up and not talk to media etc... If this is the case, I would literally confront LE and ask why? If they would not give me a darned good reason, and its not court ordered I will be darned if I would not SING LOUDER... What is wrong with them, are they covering for their own shortcomings at this point, did they drop the ball at some point we don't know about. This makes no sense and there is not a chance I would not continue to contact media, and I would also add in that the police are trying to silence me... something is really amiss here, oh I am mad...How dare they. Now if they speak to his family and we are told its for a good reason... even if we cannot know a thing that is fine...but as it stands now I feel something is "smelly" here and I don't like it at all...

It has not been verified per-say. Just what one person heard reported on KFI am 640 news (today, I believe), and they are known for factual reporting. They did an interview with Bryce's mom a week or so ago. So maybe their comment may have been what they were told when requesting another interview more recently?

But I am with you. This is not right. The family knows not to give details out that have not been released by police, so why try to hush them completely? Why refuse help from Texas Equusearch? Why stop hikers searches last week? Something doesn't "smell right" is exactly my thoughts. I was going to say that in a previous post, but didn't.

If the burning body is not Bryce, now they have a (most likely) murder, and the missing man becomes suspect or in serious danger.

If it is Bryce, they (most likely) have a murderer on their hands, and might need to make sure there is nothing else around that would give clues.

If the burning body was only a partial, they might need to look for more of it.

I've been kinda thinking something similar for the past couple days and I hope it's okay to post. It's purely speculation but what if BL is a suspect for the "burning body" and that's why LE is so quiet and quick to turn away media attention to the case? No disrespect because I fully believe BL is all around good kid but I'm thinking he's involved somehow but not in a terribly bad way.

What if somehow he was involved by accident? he witnessed it? or the body is "a friend" that he was gonna hang with? Or right now he's being held hostage and LE knows where from the clues they aren't releasing and they are getting ready to SWAT the place? Or BL is in Mexico by now hiding out scared? That's one reason to leave all your personal belongings behind.

@dragracerz - does BL have friends in Laguna if he just moved there after high school and then went to college up North? I've always assumed he was gong to hang with friends when he got home so I guess this would be good to know if he even had friends in OC. Praying for your family and hoping for the best. I hope we hear something tomorrow :please:

He (husband) always finds somewhere kind of hidden and out of the way to nap and sleeps with "one eye open" as he puts it. (no I'm not a fan of any of this, but I know he does it) I wonder if Bryce did the same on this trip, but maybe that one open eye closed. Is his car one that's commonly stolen?
RSBM

Kids Bryce's age feel invincible. It probably didn't cross his mind to keep one eye open or to sleep in an area with lots of traffic coming and going. I think if foul play is the cause of his disappearance, it is due to being attacked while sleeping in a dark, hidden area where the perpetrator felt safe from being seen. And all Bryce was trying to do was find a quiet, dark place to sleep a few hours before driving the final stretch home. And for me, this is the most likely scenario. :(

PS. Tell your hubby to not sleep in hidden places, then he can sleep with both eyes closed & you can rest easier.

Kids Bryce's age feel invincible. It probably didn't cross his mind to keep one eye open or to sleep in an area with lots of traffic coming and going. I think if foul play is the cause of his disappearance, it is due to being attacked while sleeping in a dark, hidden area where the perpetrator felt safe from being seen. And all Bryce was trying to do was find a quiet, dark place to sleep a few hours before driving the final stretch home. And for me, this is the most likely scenario. :(

PS. Tell your hubby to not sleep in hidden places, then he can sleep with both eyes closed & you can rest easier.

Same here BluePoppy, I think this is the most likely scenario although even this makes me wonder, who just sits there waiting for some unsuspecting person to come take a nap? I can see him running across some other person taking a nap more easily than I can see him running across some crazy person waiting there hoping someone would stop. I have a hard time picturing how multiple people ended up in that exact spot at once.

About your PS oh believe me, we've had that discussion numerous times... :) I think it might finally be starting to sink in, at least I hope so.

Quick note - it was once asked (thread #1?) who found Bryce's vehicle & speculation on questioning employees or fishermen. I saw an article quoting Bryce's mom that said it was someone who was showing up for work for some type of police training that found Bryce's vehicle.

This case really has me in my head & heart. I can't seem to walk away. I need to sleep & take care of my stuff here. :(

Same here BluePoppy, I think this is the most likely scenario although even this makes me wonder, who just sits there waiting for some unsuspecting person to come take a nap? I can see him running across some other person taking a nap more easily than I can see him running across some crazy person waiting there hoping someone would stop. I have a hard time picturing how multiple people ended up in that exact spot at once.

About your PS oh believe me, we've had that discussion numerous times... :) I think it might finally be starting to sink in, at least I hope so.

Think about it the other way around. Some bad guy is trolling for an unsuspecting, sleeping victim. And there Bryce is. :cry:

Think about it the other way around. Some bad guy is trolling for an unsuspecting, sleeping victim. And there Bryce is. :cry:

Or...Bryce was just in the right place at the wrong time :(

Most people carjacked are awake. Its even easier for carjackers if the victim was sleeping and caught off guard. :(

Or...Bryce was just in the right place at the wrong time :(

Good if scary point.

Right place at the wrong time, or followed... I'm not stuck on any theory at the moment but those two seem most likely to me.

I initially thought suicide but why crash your car and injure yourself first? He had to know that wasn't enough of a crash to kill himself, I'd think. I mean not that I plan to kill myself or anything, but if I did I'd want it to be as pain-free as possible up until the end. Doesn't make sense to crash, hope it works, escape out a back window, THEN commit suicide.

I hope we know more once the identity of the burning person is revealed.

I've been kinda thinking something similar for the past couple days and I hope it's okay to post. It's purely speculation but what if BL is a suspect for the "burning body" and that's why LE is so quiet and quick to turn away media attention to the case? No disrespect because I fully believe BL is all around good kid but I'm thinking he's involved somehow but not in a terribly bad way.

What if somehow he was involved by accident? he witnessed it? or the body is "a friend" that he was gonna hang with? Or right now he's being held hostage and LE knows where from the clues they aren't releasing and they are getting ready to SWAT the place? Or BL is in Mexico by now hiding out scared? That's one reason to leave all your personal belongings behind.

@dragracerz - does BL have friends in Laguna if he just moved there after high school and then went to college up North? I've always assumed he was gong to hang with friends when he got home so I guess this would be good to know if he even had friends in OC. Praying for your family and hoping for the best. I hope we hear something tomorrow :please:

BBM - There's a thought... I wonder if there are people within organizations (churches?) there who are catching this story and keeping their eyes open. Sure, he could tint his hair but his fair skin... It's only (approx) 3 hours to Tijuana. Is this a HUUUUGE stretch? :blushing:

BBM - There's a thought... I wonder if there are people within organizations (churches?) there who are catching this story and keeping their eyes open. Sure, he could tint his hair but his fair skin... It's only (approx) 3 hours to Tijuana. Is this a HUUUUGE stretch? :blushing:

I honestly doubt it. His family only moved to SoCal a little over a year ago, so he didn't grow up with the "run to Mexico to disappear" (or party) mentality. And it sounds like he was raised in a very suburban / city type atmosphere & wouldn't be prone to going to trying his luck in such an unfamiliar territory. I'm very fair skinned grew up going to TJ to just screw around. But that was before Mexico was what it is today. Even I wouldn't consider that an option now unless I were maybe running from the law or something. But then again 19 = invincible mentality.... But I still don't see it.

I honestly doubt it. His family only moved to SoCal a little over a year ago, so he didn't grow up with the "run to Mexico to disappear" (or party) mentality. And it sounds like he was raised in a very suburban / city type atmosphere & wouldn't be prone to going to trying his luck in such an unfamiliar territory. I'm very fair skinned grew up going to TJ to just screw around. But that was before Mexico was what it is today. Even I wouldn't consider that an option now unless I were maybe running from the law or something. But then again 19 = invincible mentality.... But I still don't see it.

Yeah, you're right. I live 2.5 hours from Nogales. I gave it some "what if I were in his shoes" thought and realized I'd rather go to jail or subject myself to any threat here than risk the potential, daily horrors there. *shrug* This is proof positive that it's time for some shut eye.

Hoping to wake up to some solid, if not good news about Bryce.

Yeah, you're right. I live 2.5 hours from Nogales. I gave it some "what if I were in his shoes" thought and realized I'd rather go to jail or subject myself to any threat here than risk the potential, daily horrors there. *shrug* This is proof positive that it's time for some shut eye.

Hoping to wake up to some solid, if not good news about Bryce.

Same here. LOL! G'night. :sleep:

A little bit ago, I was feeling positive with all the search efforts & word getting out. Then I was looking at pics of Bryce & his gf & was struck with a gut feeling that Bryce is no longer with us. :( Trying to get back to that positive, hopeful place.

The moment I heard a body was found very close to his car, I immediately assumed it was Bryce. It's a logical conclusion.

But then we heard a media report that it may not be related. And no news is good news when it comes to LE. Then we heard all the stuff about these various dead burnt bodies around SoCal. All of that put together makes me feel there is some chance it's not Bryce. I'm going to focus on this sweet young man being alive right now. It is possible. What else is there to do at this point? Maybe it's against all odds but I have been having a peaceful feeling about Bryce and this case. It's not gut. But I think it's the right focus. A 58 year old just survived the winter in the Andes on raisins. Why can't Bryce survive?

I agree completely! Especially legal counsel. :banghead:

Some of the organizations they're in touch with can help them deal with LE better.

I was going to post this earlier today & now it seems even more relevant. This poor family has put all their eggs in the LE basket trusting them. There was a search organized to go on Wednesday. Then the burning body was discovered. They called off the search with promises of quick information on whether the body was Bryce's. The family has been strung along every single day with a promise of an answer the next day.

This non-outdoorsy/hiking type family had no clue where to begin on a self search & kept the faith that LE would come through day after day. They were discouraged time after time saying it wasn't safe for people to go out hiking, turned down Texas Equusearch, etc. They put their faith in LE & LE has let them down. A precious 5 days of real community searching was lost. Even 1 day can make a difference in whether someone is found at all, let alone alive or not.

At first I thought it would be to their benefit that they had Bryce's other uncle with a LE background. Thought detectives would give them a little more respect with talking to him than somebody else. Now I think it may have hurt them. He believes in the system & encouraged them to as well. (No fault or blame to him) But again, LE has failed them. :( JMO. :twocents:

/rant/ Sorry. But if this is how I feel, I can only imagine the family's feelings are 1,000x's worse. My heart aches for them.
*Still praying for Bryce's safe return*

See below.

There is something with LASD. This is very similar to how they acted with Mitrice Richardson's case.

Just what I was thinking. I don't want to bash LE. But the folks down here don't have the best track record when it comes to at risk or missing adults.

I actually think its not too much a stretch. A bad guy disappeared down there with no vehicle, from Northridge, and with no money get he successfully j
hid down there for weeks, iirc.

Then what about that entire family who just walked across the border, never to be seen again?

I think there are various possibilities that under these crazy circumstances could be the answer. It sure can't hurt to explore them.

Bryce is in my thoughts and prayers this morning. Hoping and praying for some good news and that he is found today!

Ok, ended up being on the phone until late last night. Last call was from Stacey (klaaskids) and we reviewed the day. Turned in a little after midnight and got some sleep.
Been answering emails on the findBL email acct trying to get a search coordinated for this morning.
There are 2 new detectives on the case (YEA !) who really seem like they will be handling thing differently - yet still no news on burned body
They spent hours, I mean like 4-5 hours with my sister yesterday well into the evening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jseikel