CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit ago, I was feeling positive with all the search efforts & word getting out. Then I was looking at pics of Bryce & his gf & was struck with a gut feeling that Bryce is no longer with us. :( Trying to get back to that positive, hopeful place.

I'm struggling with those thoughts too, BluePoppy.

Hope the family and all of us hear/find something/anything soon.

ETA: On a positive note, kudos to dragracerz and family/friends for all accomplished today!

Nothing from dragracerz here or on FB in over 2-1/2 hrs. Hope that's not a bad sign. :/

He might be waiting for info/results of the 2nd search they started at about 5pm today.

Hope all are safe out there!

This timeline does not line up. Bryce could not have begun his drive at 10PM from Rocklin at the same time he was trying to break up with his girlfriend. According to his girlfriend, he left Chico (where she lives?) at 11:30 pm. However, if he left Rocklin at 10:00, he would have barely made it to Chico by 11:30 (it is an hour and a half north of Rocklin), much less had time to speak with or try to break up with girlfriend, or had friends take his keys, etc. I must continue looking for the final timeline.

I think this line is erroneous:
Wednesday 10pm left Sierra College in Rocklin north of Sacramento and began his drive to Laguna Niguel.

Eliminate that line & it makes more sense. He left gf's at 11:30pm in Chico. His next known location is Buttonwillow @9am. My theory is he drove to Buttonwillow, pulled off at the rest stop to sleep & left the car running for the AC & ran out of gas.

I found some interesting things about the area where the burning body was found. (Apologies if anyone else has already mentioned this and I missed it).

The place where the body was found was just outside a locked gate that was only installed a few years ago. It was part of this project:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5176803.pdf It is a place where people used to off road, and they closed it off. It makes me think that someone drove here expecting to be able to drive further in and dump the body, but since they couldn't, just set fire to it instead.

The location is here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=34.528646,-118.570856&hl=en&ll=34.529079,-118.571808&spn=0.001127,0.002642&num=1&t=h&z=19 (34.528646,-118.570856)
and looks like the attached.

Attachments

• BurningBodyLocation.jpg
    BurningBodyLocation.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 29
I keep thinking about Bryce being in that rest area (according to the timeline) for three hours. At first I thought perhaps he met a local in the rest area, or met someone ...hence why after he got his gas he would stop in town for what was an additional what...seven hours, and make sense of the comment that he told his mom he was hanging with friends. But then I got to thinking, if he had met a local in the rest area, or met someone, then as close as it is from the rest stop to the town, they surely would have gotten his gas for him. So, that kind of throws me off some... I just keep going over it and over it in my head and stare at the map in hopes something will jump out at me... :( IMHO

Looks like plans are to search again tomorrow, meeting at 11am. Info is kind of scattered on FB page.

UPDATE: Volunteers search lake shoreline for missing teen
More than a week after Bryce Laspisa went missing, psychic directs searchers
Posted: September 9, 2013 2:02 p.m.
Updated: September 9, 2013 5:51 p.m.

... “We didn’t find anything today,” said searcher [GF] late Monday afternoon. “And we were going at this at every angle.” ...

... Volunteers are scheduled to meet at a Castaic coffee shop Tuesday morning for another day of searching,
[GF] said.

Anyone wishing to help the family search for Laspisa is urged to contact David at Findbrycelaspisa@gmail.com

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104520/

I keep thinking about Bryce being in that rest area (according to the timeline) for three hours. At first I thought perhaps he met a local in the rest area, or met someone ...hence why after he got his gas he would stop in town for what was an additional what...seven hours, and make sense of the comment that he told his mom he was hanging with friends. But then I got to thinking, if he had met a local in the rest area, or met someone, then as close as it is from the rest stop to the town, they surely would have gotten his gas for him. So, that kind of throws me off some... I just keep going over it and over it in my head and stare at the map in hopes something will jump out at me... :( IMHO

This is the big question - what happened in Buttonwillow? If he went there from Chico without any detours, he would have arrived around 4:30 - 5:00am Thurs morning. He didn't leave until a little after midnight Thurs night to have arrived in Castaic at 2am Friday morning.

My working theory is that he was coming down off Adderall & having been up for several days & was simply sleeping. He seems a really good kid who was close to his parents. He called his mom when he got to Castaic to tell her he was going to sleep. I don't think he ran into any trouble in Buttonwillow, or Kern Co SD would not have found him alone close to the truckstop area Thurs night. He would have been with someone else. JMO.

I am sorry to say this, but I think he could be in the lake. It is the most obvious place and too deep for divers to really "clear" it, IMO. I just can't imagine where else he can be. The only other theory is that he quickly got a ride and hit the road on purpose for some reason, before anyone saw him. He would stand out, IMO, if he had been walking or hitching in the area for very long. JMO

I'm interested in the "friends" that he told his Mom he was going to "hang with" on Thur evening.

Those "friends" may hold some of the missing pieces of this puzzle. JMO

I am sorry to say this, but I think he could be in the lake. It is the most obvious place and too deep for divers to really "clear" it, IMO. I just can't imagine where else he can be. The only other theory is that he quickly got a ride and hit the road on purpose for some reason, before anyone saw him. He would stand out, IMO, if he had been walking or hitching in the area for very long. JMO

It's been, what, 10 days now since last heard from or seen by anyone. If he was in the lake, wouldn't there have been evidence of his body by now?

ETA: Oh, I guess if weighted down, answer to my question is probably no.

Havent caught up on here but 2nd group search is underway for about 1 1/2 hrs

Possible search tomorrow at 11 am - waiting to finalize

Spent a couple hours on the phone with TeamAmber, searchers, and family this afternoon

TeamAmber is on board and tentative planning a search starting Thursday.

Here is a picture reference for anyone who is interested. This is from the approximate boat ramp location where Bryce's vehicle was found to the location of the burning body. It is about 2.4 miles by road from one to the other. (Again, apologies if someone has already done this. I don't seem to be able to find anything today)

Attachments

• Main Ramp RdTo BurningBodyLocation.jpg
    Main Ramp RdTo BurningBodyLocation.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 31
Great job today, dragracerz - so many good steps in the right direction!

Wonderful to see merchants and volunteers all pitching in to help!

Great job today, dragracerz - so many good steps in the right direction!

Wonderful to see merchants and volunteers all pitching in to help!

Sincerely.

I was sitting at a very long red light, trying to catch up on my phone after work. Saw the post about 7-11 and burst into tears. Whew! I love good people!

Haven't forgotten about Bryce at all... Still praying for a happy ending.

I have been trying to put people together in groups for searching.

The FB page is overwhelming, over 1000 messages, I started to reply to them but after 30 or so figured it was a losing battle, I'd reply to 5 and 15 more came in. I put a thank you up on the main page because I don't want anyone thinking their thoughts and prayers are going unnoticed. I did copy and past some of people offering places to stay, use of ATVs, etc for future use as needed.
I hope I don't sound cold, not responding to some but it became very emotional.
I know some on here have been in my shoes but for those who haven't, it is living hell and I pray none of you ever have to go through it.
Ok, enough of that, back to business.
I have also had some emails from people saying that they know that the burned body wasn't Bryce's but I remember people seeing Elvis at a McDonald's in Kalamazoo Mi. so I am taking that w// a grain of salt.
I see that a lot of old speculations are popping up back here which I guess is par for the course. I am standing my ground on a two points:
1. Bryce is not in the lake
2. Bryce is not the burned body
Now I am leaning towards foul play.......again speculation..... but maybe he was carjacked at Buttonwillow, maybe it wasn't Bryce driving the car 2X by the lake, maybe he was being held in a hostage state
WOW, that's a lot of maybe's
One more, I have constantly thought that the little blood in the car was Bryces, and maybe it was, but what if the blood was in the back of the car, and so was Bryce (not driving)
I think I've hit the point where I need to sit back and like most on here look at it from outside the box or at least not like a family member.

Sorry for the rant, been up since 5:30 and still haven't eaten. I am going to take a shower, eat some dinner and rest a little. I will be back with update. Thanks to all

I have been trying to put people together in groups for searching.

The FB page is overwhelming, over 1000 messages, I started to reply to them but after 30 or so figured it was a losing battle, I'd reply to 5 and 15 more came in. I put a thank you up on the main page because I don't want anyone thinking their thoughts and prayers are going unnoticed. I did copy and past some of people offering places to stay, use of ATVs, etc for future use as needed.
I hope I don't sound cold, not responding to some but it became very emotional.
I know some on here have been in my shoes but for those who haven't, it is living hell and I pray none of you ever have to go through it.
Ok, enough of that, back to business.
I have also had some emails from people saying that they know that the burned body wasn't Bryce's but I remember people seeing Elvis at a McDonald's in Kalamazoo Mi. so I am taking that w// a grain of salt.
I see that a lot of old speculations are popping up back here which I guess is par for the course. I am standing my ground on a two points:
1. Bryce is not in the lake
2. Bryce is not the burned body
Now I am leaning towards foul play.......again speculation..... but maybe he was carjacked at Buttonwillow, maybe it wasn't Bryce driving the car 2X by the lake, maybe he was being held in a hostage state
WOW, that's a lot of maybe's
One more, I have constantly thought that the little blood in the car was Bryces, and maybe it was, but what if the blood was in the back of the car, and so was Bryce (not driving)
I think I've hit the point where I need to sit back and like most on here look at it from outside the box or at least not like a family member.

Sorry for the rant, been up since 5:30 and still haven't eaten. I am going to take a shower, eat some dinner and rest a little. I will be back with update. Thanks to all

You are a soldier. Big hugs to you. You are doing all the right things. Take some time for you.

If you need help with the FB, even just to read emails and look for facts, etc, please let me know. I will give you my real identity an we can talk. You have a lot on your plate. I know this is family and personal so I won't be offended If not but wanted to reiterate it as I know you must be exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shawnlo5869