CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry to say this, but I think he could be in the lake. It is the most obvious place and too deep for divers to really "clear" it, IMO. I just can't imagine where else he can be. The only other theory is that he quickly got a ride and hit the road on purpose for some reason, before anyone saw him. He would stand out, IMO, if he had been walking or hitching in the area for very long. JMO

I agree with every possible scenario here. But the specialized sonar would help with lake searches. They've only used divers along the shore area up to 80'.

I'm interested in the "friends" that he told his Mom he was going to "hang with" on Thur evening.

Those "friends" may hold some of the missing pieces of this puzzle. JMO

JMO: There were no "friends". He was buying time to sleep off the effects of the Adderall & be able to not raise parents' suspicions when he arrived home that he'd taken something.

I have been trying to put people together in groups for searching.

The FB page is overwhelming, over 1000 messages, I started to reply to them but after 30 or so figured it was a losing battle, I'd reply to 5 and 15 more came in. I put a thank you up on the main page because I don't want anyone thinking their thoughts and prayers are going unnoticed. I did copy and past some of people offering places to stay, use of ATVs, etc for future use as needed.
I hope I don't sound cold, not responding to some but it became very emotional.
I know some on here have been in my shoes but for those who haven't, it is living hell and I pray none of you ever have to go through it.
Ok, enough of that, back to business.
I have also had some emails from people saying that they know that the burned body wasn't Bryce's but I remember people seeing Elvis at a McDonald's in Kalamazoo Mi. so I am taking that w// a grain of salt.
I see that a lot of old speculations are popping up back here which I guess is par for the course. I am standing my ground on a two points:
1. Bryce is not in the lake
2. Bryce is not the burned body
Now I am leaning towards foul play.......again speculation..... but maybe he was carjacked at Buttonwillow, maybe it wasn't Bryce driving the car 2X by the lake, maybe he was being held in a hostage state
WOW, that's a lot of maybe's
One more, I have constantly thought that the little blood in the car was Bryces, and maybe it was, but what if the blood was in the back of the car, and so was Bryce (not driving)
I think I've hit the point where I need to sit back and like most on here look at it from outside the box or at least not like a family member.

Sorry for the rant, been up since 5:30 and still haven't eaten. I am going to take a shower, eat some dinner and rest a little. I will be back with update. Thanks to all

Thank you so much for keeping us posted. Please do try and take care of yourself.

I tend to agree that foul play seems likely. I think someone may have taken advantage of this young man in a vulnerable state. But I continue praying that he is found safe soon.

I have been trying to put people together in groups for searching.

The FB page is overwhelming, over 1000 messages, I started to reply to them but after 30 or so figured it was a losing battle, I'd reply to 5 and 15 more came in. I put a thank you up on the main page because I don't want anyone thinking their thoughts and prayers are going unnoticed. I did copy and past some of people offering places to stay, use of ATVs, etc for future use as needed.
I know some on here have been in my shoes but for those who haven't, it is living hell and I pray none of you ever have to go through it.
Ok, enough of that, back to business.
I have also had some emails from people saying that they know that the burned body wasn't Bryce's but I remember people seeing Elvis at a McDonald's in Kalamazoo Mi. so I am taking that w// a grain of salt.
I see that a lot of old speculations are popping up back here which I guess is par for the course. I am standing my ground on a two points:
1. Bryce is not in the lake
2. Bryce is not the burned body
Now I am leaning towards foul play.......again speculation..... but maybe he was carjacked at Buttonwillow, maybe it wasn't Bryce driving the car 2X by the lake, maybe he was being held in a hostage state
WOW, that's a lot of maybe's
One more, I have constantly thought that the little blood in the car was Bryces, and maybe it was, but what if the blood was in the back of the car, and so was Bryce (not driving)
I think I've hit the point where I need to sit back and like most on here look at it from outside the box or at least not like a family member.

Sorry for the rant, been up since 5:30 and still haven't eaten. I am going to take a shower, eat some dinner and rest a little. I will be back with update. Thanks to all
BBM: But the burned body could mean that someone else was around the area during the time that Bryce went missing. IF Bryce happened to witness a murder (I know I'm reaching here, but it was close to where his vehicle crashed and he went missing), he could be scared and hiding out.

ETA: BBBM: In those lines, again, what if Bryce is stuck with someone who killed someone else, and has no idea how to extricate himself from the situation without getting himself killed. I'm thinking there has to be at least one more individual involved in some (bad) way.

Parts RSBM

Your FB post is great! You don't sound cold at all & I think people understand. Certainly any reasonable person would.

Unless Bryce's mom said he sounded "off" somehow in the 2am call where he called to say he was pulling off to sleep, I would think he was good from Buttonwillow up to that point. Possibly carjacked while sleeping somewhere in Castaic.

Get some rest. Know the job you have been doing is amazing! Especially today. As hard as it may be to walk away at this moment, a clear head after some rest will certainly help you to be able to be more productive for Bryce in the morning. :grouphug:

Just read a comment that it was reported on KFI news that the family was asked by LE to not do any more interviews. It sounds to me like LE is trying to shut them up & yet give them nothing in their progress of the case. Not even knowing if the body found is their son or not. How does the family break through this complete stonewalling by LE???? Unless they know for sure Bryce is not out there (then they should be telling the family!), how can they keep trying to prevent adequate searches, let alone searching themselves???

Just read a comment that it was reported on KFI news that the family was asked by LE to not do any more interviews. It sounds to me like LE is trying to shut them up & yet give them nothing in their progress of the case. Not even knowing if the body found is their son or not. How does the family break through this complete stonewalling by LE???? Unless they know for sure Bryce is not out there (then they should be telling the family!), how can they keep trying to prevent adequate searches, let alone searching themselves???

This REAAAAALLY P****S ME OFF. :stormingmad:

Fine for them to ask, I don't think the family has to (or should) comply.

ETA: I really hope they have secured legal counsel.

I agree completely! Especially legal counsel. :banghead:

BBM agreed although it makes me really mad they should have to.

From the numerous true crime shows that I've watched (and my husband can assure you that's alot), I think LE suspects it's Bryce- for me the location is just too coincidental-but can't tell the family until they have positive identification (could take up to 2 weeks) and maybe they have a POI but don't have enough to solidify their case yet. It's possible the family could unknowingly give away some confidential info that would jeopardize their case. I can't bash LE at this point...

Good find, Deicide!

I have been contemplating why we cannot utilize the NSA to help find missing persons... As that IMO would SEEM to be a high priority of the agency...

:sigh:

They must have access to all sorts of real time information. It sickens me they keep it to themselves for nefarious means.

Back to the case, I think Bryce's car was driven by the abductor and 'crashed' where it was found.
I think the blood found was due to Bryce being punched and beaten whilst sleeping in the car.
I think this is either the work of a local serial killer (3 bodies in a week found in a lowly populated area is frightening) OR someone that knew him followed him from his point of departure.
I'd like to know if any of his college friends hail from the area he disappeared in.

They must have access to all sorts of real time information. It sickens me they keep it to themselves for nefarious means.

Back to the case, I think Bryce's car was driven by the abductor and 'crashed' where it was found.
I think the blood found was due to Bryce being punched and beaten whilst sleeping in the car.
I think this is either the work of a local serial killer (3 bodies in a week found in a lowly populated area is frightening) OR someone that knew him followed him from his point of departure.
I'd like to know if any of his college friends hail from the area he disappeared in.
Rocklin, Roseville, and Chico are all over 400 miles away from Buttonwillow and Castaic ( across the state). I'd be very surprised if he was followed. I tend to think someone overpowered him and took advantage of him in a vulnerable mental state, and in an area he wasn't familiar with-jut not sure if that was in Buttonwillow or Castaic.

I stand corrected: Roseville to Buttonwillow is 279miles- the closest possible distance between locations, the others are farther.

I was going to post this earlier today & now it seems even more relevant. This poor family has put all their eggs in the LE basket trusting them. There was a search organized to go on Wednesday. Then the burning body was discovered. They called off the search with promises of quick information on whether the body was Bryce's. The family has been strung along every single day with a promise of an answer the next day.

This non-outdoorsy/hiking type family had no clue where to begin on a self search & kept the faith that LE would come through day after day. They were discouraged time after time saying it wasn't safe for people to go out hiking, turned down Texas Equusearch, etc. They put their faith in LE & LE has let them down. A precious 5 days of real community searching was lost. Even 1 day can make a difference in whether someone is found at all, let alone alive or not.

At first I thought it would be to their benefit that they had Bryce's other uncle with a LE background. Thought detectives would give them a little more respect with talking to him than somebody else. Now I think it may have hurt them. He believes in the system & encouraged them to as well. (No fault or blame to him) But again, LE has failed them. :( JMO. :twocents:

/rant/ Sorry. But if this is how I feel, I can only imagine the family's feelings are 1,000x's worse. My heart aches for them.
*Still praying for Bryce's safe return*

Agreed. Based on Bryce calling mom at 2am to say he was pulling off to sleep, I think he was fine until then. I think he was attacked while sleeping somewhere around Lake Hughes Rd if there is foul play (likely?).

I can't recall if someone else posted this or I only saw it on FB. Sorry if it's a repeat.

http://local.nixle.com/alert/5060349/
LASD - Parks Bureau, Los Angeles County Sheriff
Monday September 9th, 2013 :: 05:44 p.m. PDT

Search Operations for Missing Bryce Laspisa at Castaic Lake Continues

The search operations for Missing Person Bryce Laspisa at Castaic Lake continued through the weekend.

On Friday, September 6, 2013, the surrounding area near Castaic Lake was searched again by Sheriff's Parks Bureau Deputies in UTV’s and 4 x 4 vehicles, so they could access the remote trails in the mountains around the lake.

Additionally, two deputies from the Sheriff's Emergency Services Detail (http://www.SEB.lasd.org) continued the underwater search of the shoreline. Approximately ½ mile of underwater shoreline down to 80’ has now been searched by divers.

On Saturday, September 7, 2013, Parks patrol deputies were assisted by two deputies from the Sheriff's Mounted Enforcement Detail (MED) on horses, who searched the rugged terrain surrounding the lake.

Additionally, several deputies from the SEB Marine Reserve Company supported a large dive operation that deployed seven divers to continue the underwater shoreline search.

On Sunday, September 8, 2013, the divers resumed the underwater search and members of the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Posse searched the remote areas by horseback.

All searches thus far have met with negative results.

The Parks Bureau of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department polices 177 county parks, golf courses and special event venues throughout Los Angeles County.

Providing Public Safety for Parks.

www.Parks.lasd.org

Now, the big question. If they honestly believed the burned body was Bryce's would they invest this kind of time and manpower searching? I am going to choose to believe they would NOT.

*I still have hope!*
If the burning body is not Bryce, now they have a (most likely) murder, and the missing man becomes suspect or in serious danger.

If it is Bryce, they (most likely) have a murderer on their hands, and might need to make sure there is nothing else around that would give clues.

If the burning body was only a partial, they might need to look for more of it.

Has it been verified that LE is actually asking them to essentially button up and not talk to media etc... If this is the case, I would literally confront LE and ask why? If they would not give me a darned good reason, and its not court ordered I will be darned if I would not SING LOUDER... What is wrong with them, are they covering for their own shortcomings at this point, did they drop the ball at some point we don't know about. This makes no sense and there is not a chance I would not continue to contact media, and I would also add in that the police are trying to silence me... something is really amiss here, oh I am mad...How dare they. Now if they speak to his family and we are told its for a good reason... even if we cannot know a thing that is fine...but as it stands now I feel something is "smelly" here and I don't like it at all...

Has it been verified that LE is actually asking them to essentially button up and not talk to media etc... If this is the case, I would literally confront LE and ask why? If they would not give me a darned good reason, and its not court ordered I will be darned if I would not SING LOUDER... What is wrong with them, are they covering for their own shortcomings at this point, did they drop the ball at some point we don't know about. This makes no sense and there is not a chance I would not continue to contact media, and I would also add in that the police are trying to silence me... something is really amiss here, oh I am mad...How dare they. Now if they speak to his family and we are told its for a good reason... even if we cannot know a thing that is fine...but as it stands now I feel something is "smelly" here and I don't like it at all...

There is something with LASD. This is very similar to how they acted with Mitrice Richardson's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member