CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quickly went through some of the posts to catch up.

No one has asked me not to talk to the media. I would never say anything to jeopardize the investigation, but with that being said, I am not going to be silenced.
I called Jim Holt from Signal SVC and he did a piece on the searching at Castaic yesterday. He also posted the findBL email address in the piece - awesome
I also called KABC and spoke with them - I didn't see if they did anything
If media dosent stay on top of this, I feel Bryce will just be a "forgotten" missing person

I have also contactd the media here offering to do an "update" piece just to get the story refreshed
Havent heard from any media in Chicago

If it were up to me, stories would be all over the news

Without going into detail, there is a professional search planned by one of the groups I am working with. I don't want to give any details as to not let LE discourage it.

There was another possible "sighting" that was/is being looked into cant elaborate

It also seems like now I am being contacted by a lot of "for profit" missing search teams, probably because the email was released. I am sure there might be some good ones out there but feel we are better off using the groups that are doing this for a reason other than money.

Oh, and now there is a possibility, maybe slight, but a possibility that TES may come onboard. I spoke with Frank last night regarding the changing of the lead detectives, and he is revisiting the idea. Whatever his decision is, I understand considering what had transpired before - can't elaborate

Great work dragracerz!!!

Hoping and praying that today is the day that Bryce comes home, safe and sound!

Way to go, Dragracerz! Way to go VOLUNTEERS!

:rockon:

NEW DETECTIVES?! :)

I wonder if LE have been able to determine where exactly/approximately BL parked his SUV, probably to sleep, early Friday morning between 2:08 am (phone call w/Mom) and 4:20 am (SUV seen on video near crash site)?

Or where SUV was traveling if not parked?

[Location determined from cell phone pings/GPS? SUV GPS? Merchant video surveillance? ??]

Morning,
I've never used my computer that much for a loong time.
but I can't stop going through news, video reports and more.
Also I could slap myself for not saving 2 sides.
So I just call to mind what I read.

A body was found in an orchard, is an hispanic, but it isn't the early 20's found in another orchard.http://www.mercedsunstar.com/2013/09/09/3212633/body-found-in-le-grand-almond.html
I hope this won't be what dragracerz was told.

What I read about the other orchard case was, that they send 2 officers to family and friends for questioning.

After I read that dragracerz told 2 new officers spend time with the mother couple of hours, made my stomach weak.
The article with the somis body, either I can't find it, or it was deleted for whatever reasons.
Take care everyone..and be safe.

I know one thing, I feel very confident that whatever questions we had from the first investigation (or investigation up until today) we will get them answered from the new detectives.
They are basically starting over, and not leaving one leaf unturned. You cannot imagine the joy I had when I heard they changed the detectives. I only wish it had been done a lot sooner.

I know one thing, I feel very confident that whatever questions we had from the first investigation (or investigation up until today) we will get them answered from the new detectives.
They are basically starting over, and not leaving one leaf unturned. You cannot imagine the joy I had when I heard they changed the detectives. I only wish it had been done a lot sooner.

I truly hope you get all the answers you need and everything will brighten up.:please:
And the most important answer will cleared better sooner than later.

It was the new detectives that told my sister we need answers regarding a, b, c, d, etc

a, b, c, d, etc = the same questions that constantly keep popping up in this forum.

SO, if we all knew, we meaning us on Websleuths, that these same questions needed answers, and the new detectives knew these questions needed answers, what the H*** kind of investigation was taking place before today ????

Ok, ended up being on the phone until late last night. Last call was from Stacey (klaaskids) and we reviewed the day. Turned in a little after midnight and got some sleep.
Been answering emails on the findBL email acct trying to get a search coordinated for this morning.
There are 2 new detectives on the case (YEA !) who really seem like they will be handling thing differently - yet still no news on burned body
They spent hours, I mean like 4-5 hours with my sister yesterday well into the evening

That's VERY encouraging news!!

From www.santaclarita.com/blog/:

Monday, September 9th, 2013
September 9, 2013 - Daily Brief

• Coroner officials "possibly" conducted an autopsy Saturday on the charred corpse found burning in Castaic last week. Then again, maybe they didn't. SIGNAL
  • Meanwhile, the search continues for [BL], and his poor mother is desperate, saying on the facebook page that the waiting is "unbearable." She even posted information from a psychic who says that [BL] is located somewhere near the "v shaped" Castaic Lake. PATCH Maybe the crank psychic can tell us whether the coroner performed an autopsy? I hope the Coroner's office had a restful weekend.
... [on to other topics]

Such great news on progress this morning, dragracerz!!!! So happy for this!!! I think the movement with LE is a result of the searches, KlaszKIDS involvement & general "making noise". Great job! Marc Klass is VERY well known & prominent, particulay in California. His organization is taken seriously. I'm sure your sister & brother-in-law are encouraged as well! :)

Having run with the carjacking idea, it would make sense that if someone attacked Bryce while sleeping, he would have been thrown out of the car wherever that was. I just hope it wasn't near a drop off area. If they can get official search dogs out there to search the roadside for Bryce's scent from where the body was, all the way down to the residential area, I think that is worth doing. Both sides of the road.

Yes, both males, the one in Somis and the one in Le Grand were both hispanic

It was the new detectives that told my sister we need answers regarding a, b, c, d, etc

a, b, c, d, etc = the same questions that constantly keep popping up in this forum.

SO, if we all knew, we meaning us on Websleuths, that these same questions needed answers, and the new detectives knew these questions needed answers, what the H*** kind of investigation was taking place before today ????

Amen! And again, I think it is all your hard work yesterday that got someone to take notice & make these changes! So, so happy!!!!!!! Like I said last night, LE (previous defective) completely let your family down & failed you. Let's move forward now! :D

ETA: I was going to correct my typo on "previous defective", but maybe I'll leave it. Freudian slip?

RSBM Maybe the crank psychic can tell us whether the coroner performed an autopsy? I hope the Coroner's office had a restful weekend.

Bwaaahahahaha!!!! :floorlaugh: Sorry, but this just made me bust out laughing. I needed that. :)

(No disrespect to psychics or the family's leaving no stone unturned.)

Bwaaahahahaha!!!! :floorlaugh: Sorry, but this just made me bust out laughing. I needed that. :)

(No disrespect to psychics or the family's leaving no stone unturned.)

Me too!!!:floorlaugh:

snipped
LE (previous defective) completely let your family down & failed you. Let's move forward now! :D

ETA: I was going to correct my typo on "previous defective", but maybe I'll leave it. Freudian slip?

Thank you for the good laugh!!! I'm so glad dragracerz found WS and that he is on top of this because I do believe we all have a lot of valid questions that need answers and I'm sure he can pass those on to mom/LE. Go Dragracerz!!! I'm praying today goes well. I wish I could help search or do more than speculate scenarios and pray.

Is it normal for someone to burn a body in broad daylight to possibly get caught? It seems so strange. Seems it would be easy for the perp to be seen running in the brush by a biker, jogger, fisherman. Many of the college students are still out for the summer. Is seems more likely this would have been done in the night time and somewhere else by the perp. Very strange. This is what baffles me.

Bryce parents said none of the family knew a thing about camping and hiking. When Bryce's truck overturned it was at night. It gets very dark at night by the lake and not knowing anything about camping could be very scary to say the least. He was probably disoriented from no sleep for four days. Wouldn't it make more sense that he would have stayed near his truck till daylight instead of wandering off especially since he knew his cell phone was inside?

Maybe he could have been trying to start a little fire as to attract help and accidentally caught himself on fire in the process. He could have been injured and no water on his person to get the flame out. No sleep and in the 100 degree heat a few days he would have been very weak and not clear thinking. Wouldn't the biker who found him heard screams? unless he was too weak and too late on the scene. I read yesterday that when Amanda Bynes had started that fire her pants caught on fire but the neighbor got to her very quickly to put it out. I noticed in the pic where they found Bryce's truck overturned there was a lighter on the ground so apparently he did keep lighters.

I'm just trying to look at all possibilities. Until the body is identified and hopefully it will be soon so we can rule this out and move on to the next step.

When I posted the twitter entries from SD (not a suspect, or POI, just things that should be part of the investigation), it should NOT have been news to YOU (a family member). I am sorry, but the investigator should have had that information and shared it with the family LONG before. What the H### was he doing is right. I can't get over it. I am so annoyed, and there should be much more work being done by these guys.

With that said, I don't get why the autopsy takes so long in cases like this. Besides the dental and DNA, how about a tentative ID? Blood type, height, shoes found, etc. :scared:How about the county outsources when they are backlogged to a different or neighboring county, so the families in these situations can get some answers. These are public employees AND there are elected officials that need to be held accountable for shotty work. If I worked like that, I'd be out of a job very quickly. When this is all over, let's continue to advocate for victims and families. An absolute joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member