CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, again just breezed through some of the newer posts, Nothing new on the burned body or anything else.

Car was still being processed as of this morning.

11am search is underway, my BIL and brother are there

Today I have talked to OC Register, and did a short interview with Bill Carroll from KFI.

News 10 will be doing a story. I am waiting for a call back from KCBS KCAL

Ok, well then, unfortunately nothing really new comes up. I read that, LA County sheriffs department homicide detectives puts the security hold onto any additional information surrounding the case. For me this sounds what I mentioned before, the autopsy is allready done.Since Friday, Sheriff’s Department divers have scoured Castaic Lake while deputies and volunteers on foot, on horseback and in all-terrain vehicles have searched the area.
Divers have searched along a half-mile of the lake's shoreline, to a depth of 80 feet.
BL's Mom said volunteers resumed the search Tuesday morning near Castaic Lake, but declined to comment further.
Thats all.

At first I thought it would be to their benefit that they had Bryce's other uncle with a LE background. Thought detectives would give them a little more respect with talking to him than somebody else. Now I think it may have hurt them. He believes in the system & encouraged them to as well. (No fault or blame to him) But again, LE has failed them.

edited for space

First, no offense here, but my brother being retired LE dosent matter because no one was talking to my sister or BIL let alone my brother.
My brother is there FIRST to be a brother and give support to my sister and BIL, and Second (because it is in his nature) to think like a cop.

That might change now with the new detectives, kind of like LE courtesy

Why so long on the blood DNA in the truck? I've googled it, results could take two days to two weeks. That should have been back by now.
This is going through the LA LE, if I am not mistaken. Even if they took the DNA the first day, if LE thought it was a crash and run by Bryce, that test would have been sent to the back of the testing line, and I have been told that the line is pretty darned long in LA. Unless there is a reason to push it to the front of the line (and by now you'd think they would have), it stays in the queue until it's turn comes.

Where's his black Jansport backpack that he carried everyday?? At least every time I saw him he had that thing on his back! Even to go get food off campus he had it.

That was last semester. He had a green Nike book sack this year

But Bryce talked to his mother around 2am very close to the time that his car was first seen driving in Castaic. I think that IF Bryce was carjacked/met with foul play then it was probably in Castaic NOT Buttonwillow. :twocents:

I think so, too.

edited for space

First, no offense here, but my brother being retired LE dosent matter because no one was talking to my sister or BIL let alone my brother.
My brother is there FIRST to be a brother and give support to my sister and BIL, and Second (because it is in his nature) to think like a cop.

That might change now with the new detectives, kind of like LE courtesy

No offense taken. Of course he's there as a brother first. But it was my initial hope, I think I even posted something to the effect in the beginning, that there would be a little LE courtesy with your brother there. But it seems like that didn't happen. Hopefully it will with the new detectives. :thumb:

Ok, well then, unfortunately nothing really new comes up. I read that, LA County sheriffs department homicide detectives puts the security hold onto any additional information surrounding the case. For me this sounds what I mentioned before, the autopsy is allready done.Since Friday, Sheriff’s Department divers have scoured Castaic Lake while deputies and volunteers on foot, on horseback and in all-terrain vehicles have searched the area.
Divers have searched along a half-mile of the lake's shoreline, to a depth of 80 feet.
BL's Mom said volunteers resumed the search Tuesday morning near Castaic Lake, but declined to comment further.
Thats all.

Divers need sonar equipment assist at Castaic lake per old case but same lake.

http://diver.net/bbs/posts001/56739.shtml

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ok, again just breezed through some of the newer posts, Nothing new on the burned body or anything else.

Today I have talked to OC Register, and did a short interview with Bill Carroll from KFI.

Great work again today!!! Media, media, media! This is what is needed. :)

Are there links to pics from the crashed SUV? I hadn't seen those. Thanks!

Also, has the entire hill area the SUV rolled through been searched for anything that was thrown from the vehicle?

2 VERY GOOD points. I'd like to see pics of the vehicle (at the crash site)
I've had a couple emails concerning discrepancies of how / where the vehicle landed
I do think the embankment was checked, but how big of an area ?????

The car was still being processed as of this morning. Family has not seen the car

Good job dragracerz. Do you know if John and Ken on KFI at 3:00 will be talking about the case? I know they talked about the LA missing Gavin Smith and others on there show quite often.

I have not heard that they used the sonar, but yes, that is needed to search any further in the water. I believe they have it, too. Not sure why it hasn't been used for Bryce. :(

I know TES has the most sophisticated water search equipment available. I hope the new detectives allow them to be on board.

2 VERY GOOD points. I'd like to see pics of the vehicle (at the crash site)
I've had a couple emails concerning discrepancies of how / where the vehicle landed
I do think the embankment was checked, but how big of an area ?????

The car was still being processed as of this morning. Family has not seen the car

I'm pretty certain the initial news reports from that Friday said the vehicle went off Lake Hughes Rd & ended up on Main Ramp Rd. So it seemed to go all the way down to the road, or at least pretty close to it - enough that someone going down Main Ramp Rd in the dark could see it & call it in anyway.

dragracerz I just wanted to say I'm so impressed with how tenacious you are! Often on here I know we as posters are thinking "do this, do that" because we've learned what resources are out there, but I know that if you've never even heard of the resources it'd be overwhelming (heck it's overwhelming to me even now!) Add the panic of the missing person being a family member and I'm impressed someone can even function. I really admire everything you're doing to help.

Just read roomie is doing another interview. Will be interested to see if he remembers anything else....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nelib87