CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And as a result of LE withholding info...

There were crucial search days lost for BL!

I'm not sure I understand. Weren't there searches on Monday, Tuesday and today?

Yes there were ... but what about Sat & Sun after BL went missing? And last week after burning man was discovered - Wed, Thur & Fri. LE promised info on burning man, yea or nay BL, on Fri - no go, search on hold; Sat, still no results and limbo; Sun, the same ...

Crucial organizing and searching days lost while a young man is missing!

He was at habit again today. Confirmed that he's the person from Stevenson ranch from yesterday. He's 17 and his name is J . I have a picture of him Bryan but not posting because he's underage. I can text it or msg it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

just to confirm this was the young man they searched for in Valencia today?

And as a result of LE withholding info...

There were crucial search days lost for BL!
Exactly!
I'm not sure I understand. Weren't there searches on Monday, Tuesday and today? And wasn't LE searching previously?

The family had a large ground search organized for last Wednesday a week ago. They withheld on the search because they were led to believe they would know very soon if the body was Bryce - they even took dental records (very unique & easy to identify) down within a couple hours of the body being found. When word didn't come by Wednesday night, they were promised information on Thursday. Then Thursday they were told Friday. Friday they were told Saturday. Basically, 5 days of intensive community organized ground searches were lost. Those are critical days if someone is out in the wilderness lost or injured.

Also, there were some people who did try to search & were told not to by LE because it was too dangerous on foot. They got Texas Equusearch on board agreeing to help last Friday or Saturday, but the detective refused to allow their assistance. A LOT was lost with the delay of information.

ETA: Re: LE searches from the weekend were very small & limited area.

Yeh, I'm not happy LE didn't at least tell Bryce's family all along it wasn't him. That was pretty mean. But like I said, I figured it wasn't because they continued to search, had divers out there. Los Angeles County isn't rich enough to spend that kind of money and use those kind of resources for nothing, when they know they already found what they were looking for. IMO.

I think it might be because, as someone felt earlier, they tossed the body there thinking they would confuse LE. Had they said it wasn't Bryce, they would know their cover was blown and would hightail out of the country.

We are in a precarious position here at WS. We are trying to help locate Bryce yet we also have our own rules that make us Websleuths and allows us to continue doing what we are doing.

Information on sightings, etc. should not be posted here without a link. I know you are all helpful and trying hard to help Bryce's family find Bryce but information like this should either be reported to LE or come from LE.

We are in a precarious position here at WS. We are trying to help locate Bryce yet we also have our own rules that make us Websleuths and allows us to continue doing what we are doing.

Information on sightings, etc. should not be posted here without a link. I know you are all helpful and trying hard to help Bryce's family find Bryce but information like this should either be reported to LE or come from LE.

I'm sure there is a fine line here somewhere. dragracerz (verified insider/family) was the first one to mention a promising sighting & that the family was requesting people to look in the area. Is that in the clear to discuss? Should we link the FB request for people to search that specific location?

Bittersweet. So glad the human being found burned is not Bryce; simultaneous dismayed for their loved ones. I hope we get some official news soon on the (2?) potential sightings.

I'm sure there is a fine line here somewhere. dragracerz (verified insider/family) was the first one to mention a promising sighting & that the family was requesting people to look in the area. Is that in the clear to discuss? Should we link the FB request for people to search that specific location?

We work with verification. Drag's position is clear and it is fine. We cannot just post results without links, it's just not how we work. If you heard it somewhere, link where.

Were you referring to me? If so, eyewitness accounts should be just as accepted as links. I also was willing to send proof just not in a forum when the person was underage.

If not, I apologize just wanted to state that this was not unverifiable hearsay.

But I think info from verified insiders is different which is why they have to be verified. All other "facts" have to be supported by a link, right?

Were you referring to me? If so, eyewitness accounts should be just as accepted as links. I also was willing to send proof just not in a forum when the person was underage.

If not, I apologize just wanted to state that this was not unverifiable hearsay.

If you were the one to see it, you can say that, that is verifiable. For example, I was out searching and I saw this person and it has been verified it is not Bryce.

It wasn't clear in your post who saw it, it was hard to follow.

If you were the one to see it, you can say that, that is verifiable. For example, I was out searching and I saw this person and it has been verified it is not Bryce.

It wasn't clear in your post who saw it, it was hard to follow.

Ill have to be more clear next time. This was my own account with verifiable pics.

Maybe the family did know? If they did tell them and told them not to say maybe they were doing just that? Uncle did say he is pretty sure its not him.

I tend to agree and would venture to say they were aware but weren't allowed to comment.

Btw, I'm new to WS and have been following this from the beginning, but my account was just activated today.

Oh My...

Prayers for the loved ones of the deceased man found burned at Castaic Lake..

but I am so relieved it is not Bryce...

:praying:

Maybe the family did know? If they did tell them and told them not to say maybe they were doing just that? Uncle did say he is pretty sure its not him.

I tend to agree and would venture to say they were aware but weren't allowed to comment.

Btw, I'm new to WS and have been following this from the beginning, but my account was just activated today.

:wagon: Beshasmyheart! :welcome:

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members