CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you referring to me? If so, eyewitness accounts should be just as accepted as links. I also was willing to send proof just not in a forum when the person was underage.

If not, I apologize just wanted to state that this was not unverifiable hearsay.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I totally understand what you're saying. But using my attorney hat for a moment, as an FYI, hearsay means any statement made outside a court of law that's not under oath. So news articles are hearsay.

"Verified" in legal speak either means a statement or response or records or info produced that ate supported by a signature under oath, or a evidence supported by an independent source!

A bit off topic, I know!

Yeh, I'm not happy LE didn't at least tell Bryce's family all along it wasn't him. That was pretty mean. But like I said, I figured it wasn't because they continued to search, had divers out there. Los Angeles County isn't rich enough to spend that kind of money and use those kind of resources for nothing, when they know they already found what they were looking for. IMO.

BBM: My sentiments EXACTLY.

I tend to agree and would venture to say they were aware but weren't allowed to comment.

Btw, I'm new to WS and have been following this from the beginning, but my account was just activated today.

Welcome!!!!!! Glad to have you!

I hope we get the blood DNA results back soon. It would be nice to know if that was his or a perpetrators driving his truck when it crashed.

First time poster - this case has fascinated me from the start. I am hoping for Bryce's safe finding.
I'm thinking more now that the body was not him, that he left his vehicle in a dazed state and wandered off. Maybe he even has amnesia, got a lift down the way, but not knowing where to take him he was dropped off. Have all hospitals been checked?

First time poster - this case has fascinated me from the start. I am hoping for Bryce's safe finding.
I'm thinking more now that the body was not him, that he left his vehicle in a dazed state and wandered off. Maybe he even has amnesia, got a lift down the way, but not knowing where to take him he was dropped off. Have all hospitals been checked?

Welcome Katjoy!

:welcome:

We only have one hospital in that area. Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital. It was literally across the street from the Habit which is why I think so many people were hopeful about the sighting. That he was possibly attempting to get to the hospital.

They do have flyers and no current John Does. I left some at the ER a few times already.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

IMO it has been too long for him to simply be wandering about.
Either he managed to leave the area entirely for some reason...or I still fear the lake is an option.
JMO only

Either he managed to leave the area entirely for some reason...or I still fear the lake is an option.
JMO only

I agree. And if he hasn't used any credit/debit cards or engaged in any other traceable activity since he went missing, then it doesn't look good. Though there are those that cling to hope (and rightfully so), cases with these circumstances rarely end well.

IMO it has been too long for him to simply be wandering about....
JMO only

Well, that's why I'm thinking he got a ride away from there, but couldn't tell whomever gave him the ride, where he needed to go, so was dropped off wherever there was civilization away from the accident, and then wandered around. Sightings of him is promising.
If they're searching the lake, would they not have found him by now? I hope they can get TES into the mix.

JMO only

I agree, with his hair color and fair skin he stands out. He would have been spotted quickly. No wallet, no cell. Either he got out of Dodge real quick not wanting to be found and this was planned or his has been a victim of foul play. Lots of crime around that lake and surrounding area even Dads and searches cars broken into. I hope for the best but I think it's looking doubtful. Pray for a miracle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I agree, with his hair color and fair skin he stands out. He would have been spotted quickly. No wallet, no cell. Either he got out of Dodge real quick not wanting to be found and this was planned or his has been a victim of foul play. Lots of crime around that lake and surrounding area even Dads and searches cars broken into. I hope for the best but I think it's looking doubtful. Pray for a miracle.

But he would only be spotted if people were looking for him. Think about Hannah Anderson and how far they got. Massive manhunt but it was in the wrong direction. I am also reminded of a nearby case where a young man with head trauma made it from Monterey Bay area to Salt Lake City with no money, no id and no clue who he was or where he was going. Not saying it is the case here but it does happen.

According to the article linked below, they used the "automated license plate reader" technology to help identify the suspects in the case of the burned body victim. The cameras scan license plates which are then recorded in a directory along with the date, time, GPS location and a photograph of the driver (link below article). If this is the case, wouldn't they also have a picture of whomever was driving Bryce's car at the time of the crash?

http://www.loscerritosnews.net/2013...urder-of-hawthorne-man-set-ablaze-in-castaic/

http://nixle.com/alert/4736374/

Well, that's why I'm thinking he got a ride away from there, but couldn't tell whomever gave him the ride, where he needed to go, so was dropped off wherever there was civilization away from the accident, and then wandered around. Sightings of him is promising.
If they're searching the lake, would they not have found him by now? I hope they can get TES into the mix.

No not always the case Jack Culolias missing Arizona college student whose family lives in cali was finally found floating in the lake 3 weeks after it had been search by divers many times prior.

Well...we don't know the sightings were of him. Almost every case has reported sightings...very few pan out. JMO

Busy busy day. Havent caught up on all the posts but wanted to post before getting some sleep.
No person looking for Bryce alerted me as to a person similar in description being found.
edited
NO, the family didn't know the ID of the burned body before anyone else on here, I just said that I didn't believe it was him.
Actually I think I posted that I had 2 gut feelings
1. the burned body wasn't Bryce
2. Bryce was not in the lake
Oh, wait maybe LE already told me he wasn't in the lake and I am supposed to keep that a secret too. ???

Inviting outside contact or alluding to "private" additional information:

“Inviting” is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely.

This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as “Check your PMs” or “PM me” posted in discussion threads. Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it, don't announce it. Additionally,please don't drop hints or post on the board that you know something or are privy to inside information but you won't or can't post it.

If you can't post it, don't.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members