CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping he's fine staying with friends lying low because he's dealing with crap and will surface soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We only have one hospital in that area. Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital. It was literally across the street from the Habit which is why I think so many people were hopeful about the sighting. That he was possibly attempting to get to the hospital.

They do have flyers and no current John Does. I left some at the ER a few times already.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

So great that you put out flyers! Thank you!

About the ER.. unless he wants to wait a day or two, he probably didn't go there IMO. I don't know if CA is worse than other states but I'm in CA and have regretted it every time I went to the ER. I figure I'd probably be either dead or cured by the time they see me. I expect 7-8 hours before I see a doctor. I think you're better off hitting the corner doc clinic if you can possibly make it. Bryce might not know this if it's his first ER visit, but just throwing it out there. It's probably easier to be somewhat anonymous at the corner doc, also.

Busy busy day. Havent caught up on all the posts but wanted to post before getting some sleep.
No person looking for Bryce alerted me as to a person similar in description being found.
edited
NO, the family didn't know the ID of the burned body before anyone else on here, I just said that I didn't believe it was him.
Actually I think I posted that I had 2 gut feelings
1. the burned body wasn't Bryce
2. Bryce was not in the lake
Oh, wait maybe LE already told me he wasn't in the lake and I am supposed to keep that a secret too. ???

I'm glad you can manage a little sense of humor amidst all this stress. And I don't think the rule was for anything you posted (IMO)

Get some rest! :bedtime:

First time poster - this case has fascinated me from the start. I am hoping for Bryce's safe finding.
I'm thinking more now that the body was not him, that he left his vehicle in a dazed state and wandered off. Maybe he even has amnesia, got a lift down the way, but not knowing where to take him he was dropped off. Have all hospitals been checked?

WELCOME katjoy!!! You've got some good thoughts.

But he would only be spotted if people were looking for him. Think about Hannah Anderson and how far they got. Massive manhunt but it was in the wrong direction. I am also reminded of a nearby case where a young man with head trauma made it from Monterey Bay area to Salt Lake City with no money, no id and no clue who he was or where he was going. Not saying it is the case here but it does happen.

Agreed. He could have gotten far away before people knew he was missing (wintesses). That's why I suggested truck stops across the country. Maybe enlisting truckers to help. One could have given him a ride and gone on home to Virginia or wherever and has no idea the young man he gave a ride to is missing.

Agreed. He could have gotten far away before people knew he was missing (wintesses). That's why I suggested truck stops across the country. Maybe enlisting truckers to help. One could have given him a ride and gone on home to Virginia or wherever and has no idea the young man he gave a ride to is missing.

I agree! I also seriously doubt that Bryce is purposely hiding from anyone. He seems like a good clean cut kid, who was an only child and close to his parents and extended family. I just can't see him putting his family through this much worry and stress even if he did need a break. My best guess is that he hit his head and has amnesia, and then hitch hiked and could be far away from the lake at this point. I think getting his info out across the nation is important at this point. FB is a great way to spread his story and get face recognition nationwide quickly. Prayers that he comes home soon!

I'm from Illinois, so this story has had some press following it, since that is where the family just moved from, and still has family here.
So, I have no clue about the traffic that passes this road. How many cars go past this area in a day? Is it heavily traveled by certain types - truckers, commuters, vacationers?

There is a possibility he does have amnesia. Something caused him to drive off the road. Something caused him to stay in Buttonwillow for 10+ hours. Something was going on as to why he wanted to come home and talk to his parents. And if he was awake for 4 days, his mind had to be fragile. Perhaps the accident was the last straw? Or he hit his head hard enough to not know who he is.

He could have gotten out of the vehicle, walked to the highway, hitched a ride and could be anywhere. Or he went to Valencia and is sleeping in secluded areas, undetected. There are many stories of people who drop off the face of the Earth and survive. A lot of people will help him, give him rides, give him something to eat, offer him a place to stay. He might not know to go to a hospital. It just depends on what is wrong with him. FWIW, IMO.

Busy busy day. Havent caught up on all the posts but wanted to post before getting some sleep.
No person looking for Bryce alerted me as to a person similar in description being found.
edited
NO, the family didn't know the ID of the burned body before anyone else on here, I just said that I didn't believe it was him.
Actually I think I posted that I had 2 gut feelings
1. the burned body wasn't Bryce
2. Bryce was not in the lake
Oh, wait maybe LE already told me he wasn't in the lake and I am supposed to keep that a secret too. ???

I like others feel badly that the authorities didn't let you know sooner that the burning body wasn't your nephew. I can't imagine the waiting on a family level. Those of us here in the Valencia area are aware and looking. Keep up the good work on the media blitz. The more he is on the news the better his chances of being recognized, wherever he is now. Keep your gut feelings strong. We are here to support you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

There is a possibility he does have amnesia. Something caused him to drive off the road. Something caused him to stay in Buttonwillow for 10+ hours. Something was going on as to why he wanted to come home and talk to his parents. And if he was awake for 4 days, his mind had to be fragile. Perhaps the accident was the last straw? Or he hit his head hard enough to not know who he is.

He could have gotten out of the vehicle, walked to the highway, hitched a ride and could be anywhere. Or he went to Valencia and is sleeping in secluded areas, undetected. There are many stories of people who drop off the face of the Earth and survive. A lot of people will help him, give him rides, give him something to eat, offer him a place to stay. He might not know to go to a hospital. It just depends on what is wrong with him. FWIW, IMO.

Interstate 5 is the main north/south route and it is always busy. Huge truck volume.

I'm from Illinois, so this story has had some press following it, since that is where the family just moved from, and still has family here.
So, I have no clue about the traffic that passes this road. How many cars go past this area in a day? Is it heavily traveled by certain types - truckers, commuters, vacationers?

I5 is heavily travelled by vacationers, truckers etc, I am not sure about the traffic on Lake Rd where crash was but he could have easily hiked to I5 and then hitchhiked from there.

Interstate 5 is the main north/south route and it is always busy. Huge truck volume.

Agreed with many cars as well- traffic in and out of L.A., but Lake Hughes Road, not so much. Lake Castaic is a recreational area.

Agreed with many cars as well- traffic in and out of L.A., but Lake Hughes Road, not so much. Lake Castaic is a recreational area.

I have contacts commitment to put fliers in truck stops on I-40 between Flagstaff and Gallup, NM tomorrow. High truck volume.

I hate to post this but I'm going to try to be respectful here.

I am not judging as I've had my issues in college. I am just curious if... When he got to the castaic lake area he could have tried to get more of the add meds that he supposedly had taken earlier. Perhaps he ran out and/or started to experience withdrawal? Thus the comment about staying with "friends". With friends being the dealer and not actual friends.

Then while with these friends, he had a reaction to the med thus the erratic driving and accident. Or one of the so called friends intentionally crashed the vehicle because he had a bad reaction at wherever they stayed?

Praying he is found alive, praying for the family.

Anyone around Orange County want to pick a day to flyer the area with me?

I am not judging as I've had my issues in college. I am just curious if... When he got to the causative lake area he could have tried to get more of the add meds that he supposedly had taken earlier. Perhaps he ran out and/or started to experience withdrawal? Thus the comment about staying with friends.

Then while with these friends he had a reaction to the med thus the erratic driving and accident. Or one of the friends intentionally crashed the vehicle because he had a bad reaction at wherever they stayed?

Ideas along this line have come up. But it's doubtful he was really with friends. He doesn't know anyone in Buttonwillow & wasn't with anyone when contacted by roadside assistance or the Sheriff. It's more likely he was sleeping / going through withdrawals & trying to buy time to get in a better state of mind before going home when he said he was going to hang out with "friends". But I don't think this is related to the accident. He called him mom when he pulled off the freeway in Castaic to say he was going to sleep. He was seen on the security camera at that same time.

May have already been mentioned but I wonder if he read <gasp> Into the Wild? Seems to be the YOLO :facepalm: du jour at the moment.

I am not judging as I've had my issues in college. I am just curious if... When he got to the causative lake area he could have tried to get more of the add meds that he supposedly had taken earlier. Perhaps he ran out and/or started to experience withdrawal? Thus the comment about staying with friends.

Then while with these friends he had a reaction to the med thus the erratic driving and accident. Or one of the friends intentionally crashed the vehicle because he had a bad reaction at wherever they stayed?

Well the fact that he said he stayed up al night on ADD meds makes the speculation regarding possible drug issues logical, IMO, but what makes me think he wasn't trolling for drugs or into something nefarious and dangerous regarding drugs is:

1. His background. There is really only evidence that he ever did/tried any drug, once. There's no evidence of a chronic/ serious drug issue. He does not have the sunken appearance of a heavy drug user. And while white, suburban middle class kids from supportive families definitely get into drugs, they rarely have occasion to get involved in the dangerous underworld that sometimes surrounds drugs.

2. The best place to find ADD medications is high school/college. Which he left.

3. One of the worst places for a stranger to find drugs to buy may be an isolated camping area populated by families. If desperate for drugs he'd stick to bigger towns off the 5, truck stops or go into LA. He had to veer off into countryside when he went to Castsic lake which is not likely what someone needing drugs would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donwes