CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to reply the ABC story and its missing but those comments better be somehow verified because if they're untrue that's not something at all to post. That's potentialing damaging the search!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

See video and comments ...

Until Dragraceraz comes here to say this is true, it doesn't exist to me. This individual could be a troll. What I know for a FACT is, she ought not be posting things she discussed with her super sleuthy neighbor as FACT.

ETA: This woman has thoroughly P***** ME OFF. If this is untrue (and personally, I would LOVE to hear he is well and in love in SD), she has really screwed with people's heads regarding the searches!

Until Dragraceraz comes here to say this is true, it doesn't exist to me. This individual could be a troll. What I know for a FACT is, she ought not be posting things she discussed with her super sleuthy neighbor as FACT.

I've seen some pretty brazen & callous trolls in my days. And the 2 worst ones on the top of my head - 1 involved a gay/straight issue & the other supposed police inside stuff.

Until other info cooberates (I can't spell tonight) this, I'm betting it's NOT true at all!

Really angry at that post right now. I doubt its true and even if it were I don't think its right to post these details about someone's personal life. While we have discussed it being a possibility actually confirming it seems like a violation of someone's personal rights and privacy. He did not give permission for such information to be disclosed.

I agree that women is completely out if line and her "neighbor" (assuming she isn't a troll) should be ashamed for releasing that info! However, that theory does add up some of the missing pieces.

It breaks my heart to think of someone being that nervous to come out.

Well if it is true, I can personally vouch the fact that the parent would be the last to know.

1.) It is NEVER OKAY to out someone.

2.) It is NEVER OKAY to out someone in a public forum.

3.) The ALARMING RATE at which young people are taking their own lives because of the stigma attached to their sexuality is mortifying.

If, I say IF, there is any truth to this, I thank God(dess) he chose to follow his heart over the aforementioned alternative. IF there is any truth to this, the woman posting is many shades of unkind and incompassionate and completely lacks any element of class or tact.

And I am going to walk this off. SO ANGRY! :stormingmad:

3.) The ALARMING RATE at which young people are taking their own lives because of the stigma attached to their sexuality is mortifying.

If, I say IF, there is any truth to this, I thank God(dess) he chose to follow his heart over the aforementioned alternative. IF there is any truth to this, the woman posting is many shades of unkind and incompassionate and completely lacks any element of class or tact.

Couldn't be better said. +1

LJ, it's common practice to assign cases like this to homicide - does NOT necessarily mean that there's evidence pointing to a murder.

Agree with this--I remember the Sarah Alarid case in Santa Clarita and from the beginning homicide was investigating, but they made sure to point out that both homicide and missing persons were worked by the same dept.

Having lived here my whole life I can totally see a sheriff saying those things...as a joke! Especially to rile up an obviously annoying neighbor. JMO

Also I do think that BL doesn't want to be found hence the cell phone still in the car. Teenagers these days cannot live without their phones!!! And it's so easy to buy a pre-paid phone and no one ever mentions the fact that he could have ca$h on his person.

Think of it this way, you're a pseudo-adult driving home from college and your mom puts out an MP report on you after you've ignored her calls all day and the sheriffs find you, question you, search your car...how annoyed would you be (think like a teen). If you didn't want to be bugged, you devise a plan to ditch the car, ditch the phone, the laptop and basically anything mom paid for and head for the hills. He probably felt pressure from the gf too hence wanting to break-up -- she could have been on his case re: "the pill" or the video games, school, partying, etc.

I just wish we had more info on the girlfriend and the alleged break-up -- why doesn't she ever mention it?

((((SandSage))))))) I couldn't agree more!

There are really not many options that could have Bryce alive, IMO. Either he is with someone (or a series of people) who is feeding and sheltering him, or he is wandering aimlessly, somehow getting food and water and not being spotted by LE or any other officials, or he is (unlikeliest IMO) in some sort of medical facility. I believe LE can obtain info regarding missing persons, enough to verify they are alive, if the person is in hospital or jail. Also on any anonymous persons who have turned up with amnesia or whatever.

I am not very sold on the amnesia theory, partly because it seems unlikely, IMO, that a person who has no idea who he is or how he got there has not managed to ask for help over a two week period.

Anything is possible but unless he left on his own, I am really having a hard time holding on to the idea that he is alive, JMO.

Your post reminds me of Dana Bonanno. She disappeared after texting her mother that she was afraid. Then nothing was heard from her. 3 weeks later she called/or came home. She had checked herself into a mental hospital, she'd had a breakdown. As an adult, they didn't have to notify anyone that she was there, so no one knew and since it was in another town, even the police weren't notified.

I didn't read the comment, intentionally - I saw enough here that it got me pi$$ed off without even reading the original.

However, I just have to think, IF there is any truth to him questioning his sexuality isn't he kind of in the right place to do it? My stepbrother (who is gay) went to high school in Rocklin and it was one of the few schools I've heard of that allowed gay couples to attend prom together. He later lived in SoCal for awhile and said it was one of the few places he didn't even feel judged for being out with his boyfriend. Granted what your parents think vs. what society in general thinks can be vastly different, I'm just thinking IF this has anything to do with it, it seems like he'd be more accepted in California than a lot of places.

Hope to find you safe, and soon, Bryce.

I was going to say, it can depend on how the GPS was routing him, too. I've had GPS's do some crazy things.

Also, a VERY good point brought up by HC - middle of the night freeway work! There is always some freeway being worked on in LA/OC area probably every single night. Bryce's GPS may have had the traffic feature that adjust ETA times based on traffic info. This has happened to me.

BBM no doubt. I had to apologize to some people when I drove into their driveway after my GPS told me to turn left... had I followed the GPS I think it would've involved driving through their house.

I think the abc article comments are fake. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it. dragracerz said before that it wasn't true when we asked. He said there was no way & he's had many girlfriends for years. He was a very social person with large circles of friends always. Friends "know". Family have "feelings". I don't see it being true for someone his age & life as we've learned about it. I could be wrong, who knows. But I have a strong feeling it's not true.

But if it is true, I'm glad he's okay & safe and hope he makes peace with his family & himself.

I agree that women is completely out if line and her "neighbor" (assuming she isn't a troll) should be ashamed for releasing that info! However, that theory does add up some of the missing pieces.

It breaks my heart to think of someone being that nervous to come out.

This was my first theory given the "finding the soul" etc. texts and the supposed breakup with his girlfriend.

If this theory is true, I don't think he staged his disappearance.

Castaic Lake is 330ft deep at its deepest. Can divers even go that far? The only evidence that he might be there is the scent trail. Otherwise, who knows.

Playing catch up on the thread. So glad to hear the body wasn't him, though terribly sorry for the family.

It seems strange to me that if he really was planning on ditching everything and taking off that he would call his mom to let her know he was pulling off the I-5 to sleep.

About the uncle's interview, I wouldn't read too much into it. He may have been prompted with the question, "what would you say to Bryce if he was watching right now?" or something to that effect. I'm sure his family wants to believe and hopes that he is out there safe and sound and, however hurtful his actions may have been (if he did indeed leave of his own free will), they just want to know he is okay.

Really hoping TES will get on board, have we heard anything about the status of that request? Hope they'll be able to pick up where LASD left off.

The article comment seems like something her neighbor might have said flippantly to get her off his case that she took way too seriously - "Oh yeah, I heard he's with his gay lover in SD." Or she's just making it up, who knows.

Thank you!!! I came online wanting to ask about truckers going up and down the I-5 and this answers my question.

It has been on my mind for several days now that Bryce could have been picked up by a trucker. And here's why I have been thinking this COULD be a possibility: (but of course, this is just IMO and is just me trying to think of plausible ways he could still be alive, because I feel he is!)

- At that time of morning, there are a lot of truckers out on the roads. I used to live right by a freeway on the East Coast that had very heavy truck traffic. In the wee hours of the morning, truckers were almost the only ones out on the interstate.

- Truckers have been known to pick up hitchhikers. It is dangerous but many truckers feel they can take care of themselves. If they saw a young man walking alone in the early am without any bags or anything on his person, I doubt they would consider him threatening. I wouldn't put it past one to stop and offer a ride.

- If the trucker was heading away from CA he may have NO idea about Bryce's case. I dated a trucker for awhile and he had a satellite radio in his truck. He only listened to about 2 channels ALL the time and neither really featured any local news. It is possible this trucker simply has not heard about Bryce missing.

- If Bryce has head trauma he may have been willing to just go wherever the trucker was heading. So he could possibly be wandering around in a different state by now. A state that may not be fully aware of his case and may not know to look for him.

- Or of course, there is the sight chance Bryce decided he wanted to disappear, accepted a ride from a trucker and got out of dodge. A little unlikely, but some people have done that very thing so it is a slight possibility.

Once again, this is just my opinion and some ideas I had. I was trying to figure out the fastest way Bryce could have left the area without being seen, and riding with a truck driver seemed a logical explanation. They cover A LOT of ground and they usually live in a totally different area of the country where they wouldn't know local news.

Perhaps there would be a way to check with truck companies and see if they had anyone on that route that Friday am. (They keep detailed logs of routes and hours).

Are there weigh stations after that area that were open? Because if a trucker stopped to be weighed, there could be camera footage of Bryce inside a truck cab.

Just a theory because I really believe he is still alive!
I am still catching up, but in keeping with the trucker theory, he could be heading back to Illinois, especially if he has a concussion. A truck driver can only drive 11 hours before having to take off 10 hours, and depending on whom he got rides with and how long he had to stay at a truck stop, he might still be on the way.

I doubt TES will search now that LE has made such a statement about him not being in the area as far as they are concerned, but I am curious to see what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K