CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like everyone up there has heard different things through the Grapevine about the Grapevine :biggrin:

Couldn't help but lol at that one. :)

To me, as a Nor-Cal traveler who's been across "the Grapevine" several times, to me going Southbound it pretty much starts right after that one truck stop when it gets really hilly, and ends when it becomes pretty flat again. Helpful I know... just thinking the definition of where anything is in relation to "the Grapevine" is probably so vague depending on the reporter.

No new news on Bryce.

I don't know if I posted this yesterday or not but I spoke with detective Jose Lopez from Ventura county and was informed that the body found in the Somis Orchard was a Hispanic male - NOT BRYCE

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of this persons loved ones

Yesterday was a busy day, unfortunately no news on Bryce but I was able to get help and support from KlaasKIDS, am waiting to hear back from TeamAmber, have a contact from Laura Recovery Center and have set up kind of a hot line via email for the FB users that are being overlooked. I don't like the way the FB page buries the new replies and am looking to an alternative, alternative not replacement. I was on the computer from 6am until 11:30pm and feel it was a somewhat productive day.
I am going to speak with OfficeMax, Kinko's, Office Depot and Staples to see if any of them will donate copies of the flyers or have a way to bill me directly for them so we can get as many of them in the hands of volunteers.
I may not be on here much today but will return with any updates.
Thanks again to all that are here, God Bless You All !!

Yesterday was a busy day, unfortunately no news on Bryce but I was able to get help and support from KlaasKIDS, am waiting to hear back from TeamAmber, have a contact from Laura Recovery Center and have set up kind of a hot line via email for the FB users that are being overlooked. I don't like the way the FB page buries the new replies and am looking to an alternative, alternative not replacement. I was on the computer from 6am until 11:30pm and feel it was a somewhat productive day.
I am going to speak with OfficeMax, Kinko's, Office Depot and Staples to see if any of them will donate copies of the flyers or have a way to bill me directly for them so we can get as many of them in the hands of volunteers.
I may not be on here much today but will return with any updates.
Thanks again to all that are here, God Bless You All !!

We've seen those chains donate printing and flyers often...hoping you won't get any resistance.

Stumbled across this on the santa clarita sheriffs department.
http://www.santaclarita.com/blog/view.php?blog_entry_id=30806
Greetings D

I know they are skilled & elite detectives but I fear the Laspisa and/or Burning Man case will simply be forgotten and by next week, we'll all be talking about something else. Certainly that's the way it feels; yesterday Smith @ KHTS reported that the Bulldogs had put some kind of "security hold" on the Laspisa case, which sounds either entirely reasonable in a case attracting big media attention, or run of the mill, since I can't distinguish it from what I usually hear out of the Bulldogs unit (that would be silence).

Hopefully other media picks up on this

I know they are skilled & elite detectives but I fear the Laspisa and/or Burning Man case will simply be forgotten and by next week, we'll all be talking about something else. Certainly that's the way it feels; yesterday Smith @ KHTS reported that the Bulldogs had put some kind of "security hold" on the Laspisa case, which sounds either entirely reasonable in a case attracting big media attention, or run of the mill, since I can't distinguish it from what I usually hear out of the Bulldogs unit (that would be silence).

Hopefully other media picks up on this

I don't think I would put too much stock in this blog. First off the body was discovered on Wed. morning, not Tue. morning. Second the security hold on the autopsy is normal when homicide is suspected or very hi profile cases such as celebrity's.
You also don't need to have autopsy results before you get an identity, they did not put a security hold on the identity.

Should a photo of BL's SUV/license plate be included on the new or an additional missing person flyer?

If BL met up with "friends" Thus late pm, as he told his Mom he was going to, perhaps someone would recognize his SUV and the "friends" he met with?

Perhaps those "friends" have some valuable info to share???
From the timeline, BBM:

Thursday 10pm Karen speaks to her son on the phone and asks: “What are you doing?” His response, she said, is: “I’m going to hang with friends later.”

Thirty minutes later, he bought a $1.71 beverage from a Shell gas station near Buttonwillow exit on the corner of Tracey Ave and Lagoon Dr

I don't think I would put too much stock in this blogWat First off the body was discovered on Wed. morning, not Tue. morning. Second the security hold on the autopsy is normal when homicide is suspected or very hi profile cases such as celebrity's.
You also don't need to have autopsy results before you get an identity, they did not put a security hold on the identity.

Just curious, but what makes a difference if the body was found on Tuesday? What makes you sure about the non hold on identity?

I don't think I would put too much stock in this blogWat First off the body was discovered on Wed. morning, not Tue. morning. Second the security hold on the autopsy is normal when homicide is suspected or very hi profile cases such as celebrity's.

Just curious, but what makes you sure about the non hold on identity?
What if, (whats in my mind since i read that they found a body directly south of castaic lake) and then I saw the actual place,there were 2 burned bodies found? And thats why it took so damn long.

Just curious, but what makes a difference if the body was found on Tuesday? What makes you sure about the non hold on identity?

I just feel that if you are going to write a blog, ranting about a case you should have your facts straight.
You don't need autopsy results for an identity. A hold on the autopsy results, COD and manner would be withheld if a homicide is suspected.
Releasing to the family if this is their loved one would not hinder the investigation.

mmm, I've stopped often in the towns I mentioned, so I don't think of it that way. In fact, I used to go star gazing at Frazier Park, go to the snow there, and Girl Scout camp. There is also a major truck stop at Frazier Park I've gone to alot.

Completely off topic but I went to Girl Scout camp in Frazier park many, many times as a youngster, too. :) Camp Lakota! Spent a summer working there, as well.

I don't think of the area as desolate, just not as populated as a bit further south. The 5 is always busy and even if you ran out of gas, help wouldn't be too far along.

I know we had a poster (sorry, I can't recall the name) who reached breaking point and disappeared without using credit cards etc.. is that poster able to give brief details of HOW they were able to survive on basically nothing? If we were to go down that route then in all honesty I wouldn't have a clue where to begin. I can barely make it to the shop at the end of the street without stopping for a drink and some chocolate. :D

I am hesitant to give alot of detail, because I want to stay focused on Bryce. I think about this constantly and in my mind its an either or situation. I think either he reached a breaking point, or foul play is involved here.

When I (and I am sure its different and unique to every individual) reached that point, I just kept moving. I never stayed in one place for long, perhaps the longest I remained in a state was three days. I was under the guise of traveling, but in all reality I was more or less running... from what? to where? Nowhere.... I just kept going...and going....and going... I used my real first name when and if anyone cared to ask it, never used my real last name. I pray that if Bryce is in this situation he will eventually grow weary and reach out to someone (friend or family). I also hope Bryce is aware there are places that will help him (feed him, give him a night safe off the streets...etc) I did not know about these places, so I did it all unassisted, other than the kindness of strangers. I don't wish this on anyone usually, but when in my mind I consider the alternative, I truly hope he is out there and will surface.

I read someone say perhaps he ditched the car to plan this break... I do not think that at all. I think the crash of the car may have been the final straw that caused the break. I think it was an accident honestly. But also another part of me knows there are many bad people out there, and hopefully he did not happen upon one of them. You never know when you will be found by one... I just pray for him that he is alright... I follow this closely as he and his family are heavily in my thoughts at this time. Hopefully today will be the day this is resolved.

All this is just my opinion...

We've seen those chains donate printing and flyers often...hoping you won't get any resistance.

@Dragracerz - Staples donated over 500 fliers for us when Jeff Block was missing. They went so far as to electronically send the flier to different locations around northern AZ and the valley to print in color. Volunteers picked them up. They were SUPER.

Talked to my DH... He thinks of Grapevine from Castaic to the town of Grapevine...

but... I have a feeling it is not a firm geographical location...

I know we go through the "Grapevine" heading up north on the I-5 on our travels..

Just was interested in the various interpretations by our WSers...

:seeya:

I probably agree with your husband. For me it's always been the climb up the mountain and back down, beginning soon after Magic Mountain (Santa Clarita area).

I was hoping for some good news. Still praying for Bryce and his family.

Oh my goodness! Totally heartbreaking update from his mother. I wish I was close to that area. I hope someone with search or hiking experience will assist them.

Reading this thread this morning is heartbreaking. More time has gone by and the little I can tell from the parents on TV it sounds as if there was a pretty solid connection between them and Bryce. Bryce was determined to get in his vehicle and drive many hours to his parents. Something stopped him from doing that.

I now do not think he stopped it himself but rather someone got in the way of his goal to get home. I have hope - but my wife and I have had hard conversations along these lines and I always told her that If she doesn't hear from me personally within 72 hours to know that I am not alive any longer because I would do whatever it took to get back to her and my family. - Bryce appeared to have a good connection with his roommate as well. I think I would even like to be friends with Bryce. I believe though that foul play has happened. So sorry to say that. Peace on everyone reading this. Let's still have hope because hope = confident expectation...It's just hard to when I read his mom's FB posts. Peace again for you all.

Please do not copy and paste from Facebook. You can direct posters there. For example, "Mom has a heartbreaking update, posted about 9:14am" and then provide the site link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member