CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is alive and is not in hiding, I feel like he would have made his way to a police station or hospital by now. JMO

Just a thought -- Is it possible that Bryce doesn't even know a single phone number without his cell phone 'contacts' to call someone for help? Especially seeing as how his parents moved to CA last year...

If his parents got new cell #'s when they moved to Cali, I'd say it's very likely. If they have the same cell #'s, he probably knows them well. Unless, of course, he is suffering a head injury / amnesia.

We're missing a lot of details at what appears to be ground zero ...

1. Any evidence the driver of the SUV, presumably BL, was in the vehicle while it was tumbling down the hill?
  2. At the take off point, above the crash site, were there footprints observed, next to where the driver's side of the vehicle would have been just prior to SUV going off the drop off? If so, were they size 12?
  3. Was the rear window shattered from the crash? Or manually broken from the inside or outside?
  4. Where was the small amount of blood located? Did the blood appear to be as a result of this crash or was it deposited at some prior time? Whose blood was it?
  5. Were the SUV keys recovered? Where were they located?
  6. Were the passenger doors locked?
  7. Were the windows up or down?
  8. Was the radio in the on or off position?
  9. Was BL's "green book sack" found in the crashed SUV? At his apt? Not found, it's missing?
  10. What kind of drink did BL buy in Buttonwillow? Was the can/cup recovered in the SUV?
  11. Was the engine running when the crashed SUV was discovered by the ?fisherman??
Additionally ... I'd like to know how BL typically reacted when he became very frustrated, with his Mom for example.

It's been two weeks already. The most crucial time in a missing person case is the first 48 hours. This is not looking good for Bryce. Unfortunately, this case may never be solved until someone stumbles upon a body. Sad but true. Most missing cases go unsolved.

Why no Texas Equusearch? They are the absolute best and don't charge anything at all. Tim Miller who runs it turns down no one.

Since the two detectives took over the case, I haven't heard if Texas Equusearch has been asked again to join the search. Hopefully dragracerz and family have/are considering them again.

[For those who don't know: dragracerz asked Texas Equusearch if they would join the search for BL but they declined. Sounds like it was due to something having to do with the previous lead detective on the BL case.]

Frequently in these high/er profile cases LE holds regular PCs.

Have there been any LE PCs in this case? If not, why not?

I was wondering the same. If there have been, I haven't seen them. It is a little odd, but then, I don't really know what makes LE decide which cases warrant a PC and which ones don't. I was thinking high profile as well. And this case FEELS high profile but maybe in comparison to others, it's not? I don't know...to me, every case feels high profile when its peoples' loved ones with their lives at stake.

Why no Texas Equusearch? They are the absolute best and don't charge anything at all. Tim Miller who runs it turns down no one.

TES has a policy that LE has to either invite them or agree to have them. I don't believe that LE has agreed (or whatever) in this case. At least not yet. and that's iirc, which is never a sure thing.

Best-
Herding Cats

Dragracerz posted they would not work with previous detective and that he could not discuss the "why's". Hopefully with new investigators they will reconsider...

Hello. I am a first time poster but avid lurker. This case has really struck me and led me to finally register for the site.
<modsnip>

Something that keeps bugging me and won't let up - WHY did Bryce decide to begin his trip to Laguna Niguel on Wednesday night?

Why not leave in the morning? That seems more practical ESPECIALLY since he was running on little to no sleep. We know he can't have been in a rush to get back to his parents because as it turns out, 24 hrs later and he's still hanging out in Buttonwillow.

So surely, staying Wed night and getting some MUCH NEEDED rest and then heading out fresh Thursday morning would have been fine. And much more logical.

Seems to me that he would have either went back to his apartment for the night OR, better yet, stayed with his girlfriend.

Most girlfriends would INSIST that their bf stay the night ESPECIALLY if they knew the bf had taken a pill and was very sleep deprived. The fact that she didn't does NOT mean she is a bad gf. I am thinking/wondering if it means they DID break up and that's why he didn't stay.

Which leads me to the next thing. WHY is this alleged break up so rarely mentioned?! I know it may seem that it doesn't have much bearing on the case, but I think it does, at least a little.

The fact that the family is not addressing it seems to indicate, to me, that they did not take it seriously OR that it didn't actually take place. So, why? I'm wondering if Bryce was acting so out of character or so disoriented that his girlfriend didn't think he was acting out of his "right mind"?

Has anyone heard of any reasons Bryce gave for why he was doing it/trying to? I wish we knew this because it might be indicative of the reason for his disappearance.

The only thing I can come up with (other than the struggling with sexuality theory that has come up on here several times) is: a) he knew something was going to happen and he wanted to free his gf from the relationship beforehand OR b) He was in some emotional/mental state of mind that somehow caused him to believe he should end the relationship OR c) he was on meds/drugs.

I doubt it was the first option, so probably one of the other two (or both) and that may have been why his mom and his girlfriend appear to discredit the breakup. I'm guessing he must not have been acting like his normal self at that time.

However, this seems to be all the more reason for why his gf should have encouraged him to stay over and "sleep it off" before he started the trip. Unless of course he got angry or was very emotional. (All just surmises. Not saying they had an ugly fight or anything. But knowing teenagers the way I do with EIGHT younger siblings, usually the breakups are very emotional. )

Just some things I've been wondering. Don't know if the break up has anything to do with anything, but it IS sort of the beginning in a chain of bizarre events.

We're missing a lot of details at what appears to be ground zero ...

1. Any evidence the driver of the SUV, presumably BL, was in the vehicle while it was tumbling down the hill?
  2. At the take off point, above the crash site, were there footprints observed, next to where the driver's side of the vehicle would have been just prior to SUV going off the drop off? If so, were they size 12?
  3. Was the rear window shattered from the crash? Or manually broken from the inside or outside?
  4. Where was the small amount of blood located? Did the blood appear to be as a result of this crash or was it deposited at some prior time? Whose blood was it?
  5. Were the SUV keys recovered? Where were they located?
  6. Were the passenger doors locked?
  7. Were the windows up or down?
  8. Was the radio in the on or off position?
  9. Was BL's "green book sack" found in the crashed SUV? At his apt? Not found, it's missing?
  10. What kind of drink did BL buy in Buttonwillow? Was the can/cup recovered in the SUV?
  11. Was the engine running when the crashed SUV was discovered by the ?fisherman??
Additionally ... I'd like to know how BL typically reacted when he became very frustrated, with his Mom for example.

You have some really good questions, Quester. A few you brought up, I had not really thought about yet. Like the one about footprints. If none were found and the ground was such that there should have been some, that might indicate the car was pushed in instead of driven.
I had not heard about this green book sack. Someone else on this thread posted about a black Jansport bag they saw him with (at college, I'm guessing?)
I would also like to know if the engine was still running. The headlights could have still been on as well.

Whatever happened to all these on-board rescue teams Marc Klaas, team Amber? TES was willing to come but LE said no because that were investigating the homicide. That part is over so where the heck are they?

I still believe he is deep in the lake. Maybe get in contact with these people who have located many drowning victims.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-victims-using-advanced-sonar-technology.html

Marc Klaas' team does not concentrate on searches, from what I can tell and Amber's team has assisted them in organizing. I think they are getting a ton of assistance.

If he is alive and is not in hiding, I feel like he would have made his way to a police station or hospital by now. JMO

I can't think of one such missing person/adult case where they have made their way to a police station or hospital. Not one. Can you?

That's the big problem. Endangered adults in trouble, whether medical or otherwise, don't show up at police stations or hospitals. In fact, it seems those are the last places they turn up at.

Hello. I am a first time poster but avid lurker. This case has really struck me and led me to finally register for the site.

<modsnip

Welcome!!!!!!!

Press Conference tomorrow @9am!!! Yay!!!!!

I don't believe Team Amber has all the sophisticated equipment TES does. I don't think LE wanted them there in the beginning due to the burned body they were investigating but That has all been solved so no more excuses from LE.

<modsnip>

This is really interesting...especially after seeing Bryce's YouTube video (I posted this previously, but the "Family Secrets" video was about 2 boys who had a sister they hadn't originally known about but then found out their dad did in fact have a daughter...the father was played by Bryce's real father).

<modsnip>

We are not allowed to discuss such things according to Cat Fancier. It violates ToS that's why we discontinued that conversation. Welcome!!!!! :welcome:

Don't worry I just joined to and screwed up with what is and isn't allowed the first few days!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member