CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they checked any of the surveillance video from the gas station and convenience store in Buttonwillow. I know it won't tell us where he is but it may show if his demeanor was off or if he looked scared(hostage)

@dragracerz

What is Bryce's personality like? Is he a tough guy? How did he act when he got hurt? Would he tough out the pain or milk it? Was he a joker? Did he have a lot of girlfriends? Play sports? Big man on campus? Stress about grades? Trouble with school?

I feel like we know Bryce as the tall red head that is close to his parent and may or may not dabble with drugs. We know that he was not in his right mind the last few days before the accident. Wether it was the Vyvanse , stress, anxiety/depression or all of the above. But I feel like we don't really know the normal Bryce. At least for me, these things might make a difference in the way we see him and how he might handle certain situations.

Sorry if we've discussed this before. I couldn't find anything.

JMO I can't think of a case where a reward solved a case like this. Maybe there are a few...but they are very rare.

Doesn't seem like it would hurt at this point. It got everybody looking for Chris Dorner. Many rewards for missing people but most were already deceased so no reward paid out.

I think the best thing a reward can do is, if in big red letters on flyers, attract more eyes to at least look at it.

Doesn't seem like it would hurt at this point. It got everybody looking for Chris Dorner. Many rewards for missing people but most were already deceased so no reward paid out.

Hmmm........Chris Dorner? The whole country was out for that guy! :waitasec: instead of missing posters, maybe we should make wanted posters. Armed and dangerous! Large reward!

Totally kidding!

I don't think a reward can hurt but I'm not sure how much good it would do.

There was also a cop involved shooting yesterday at Castaic. This is unrelated to the one today. I told you there was lots of crime around Castaic Lake. Even poor Bryce's Dad car and other searchers cars were broken into in the parking lot there. I would never rule out foul play as there are a lot of criminals and gang bangers that hang out around that lake in the dark hours and early morn. Innocent people get killed all the time due to gang initiations. Lots of Cali prisons in northern Ca off of I5. Jerry Brown our Governer just released 10,000 criminals due to prison over-crowding. Yes, criminals hang out around the lake areas many are homeless, drug addicts and mentally ill just looking for trouble.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/10/05/off-duty-officer-involved-in-shooting-in-castaic/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...t-california-10000-prisoners-release/2613283/

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...rnia-prisons-judges-give-state-more-time-deal

There was also a cop involved shooting yesterday at Castaic. This is unrelated to the one today. I told you there was lots of crime around Castaic Lake. Even poor Bryce's Dad car and other searchers cars were broken into in the parking lot there. I would never rule out foul play as there are a lot of criminals and gang bangers that hang out around that lake in the dark hours and early morn. Innocent people get killed all the time due to gang initiations. Lots of Cali prisons in northern Ca off of I5. Jerry Brown our Governer just released 10,000 criminals due to prison over-crowding. Yes, criminals hang out around the lake areas many are homeless, drug addicts and mentally ill just looking for trouble.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/10/05/off-duty-officer-involved-in-shooting-in-castaic/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...t-california-10000-prisoners-release/2613283/

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...rnia-prisons-judges-give-state-more-time-deal

I've been a lurker on this page and have followed this case since the morning the report was put out. I'm selecting this post as my first post because there is some confusion about Castaic. Where this shooting happened is up the Grapevine about 10-15 miles past the lake. Even though it's still considered Castaic it really isn't anywhere near it. We are all very familiar with Templin Hwy and the trailer park up in the area. As a resident and a 25+ year boater on Castaic I can assure you that Castaic is not "dangerous" Castaic even though is a small town at the bottom of the grapevine has multi-million dollar homes and is a very safe community. I'm one of those young men who have been in and around the lake past 2 am and I've seen nothing that would make me fearful of anything. No gangs no nothing. After knowing some more facts about this case I'm pretty sure he was not met with any foul play and especially at the lake. I will have more thoughts and a theory that just might make some sense. Dragz already knows my theory but I will post for other when I can get to a computer instead of my phone.

Anthony

I've been a lurker on this page and have followed this case since the morning the report was put out. I'm selecting this post as my first post because there is some confusion about Castaic. Where this shooting happened is up the Grapevine about 10-15 miles past the lake. Even though it's still considered Castaic it really isn't anywhere near it. We are all very familiar with Templin Hwy and the trailer park up in the area. As a resident and a 25+ year boater on Castaic I can assure you that Castaic is not "dangerous" Castaic even though is a small town at the bottom of the grapevine has multi-million dollar homes and is a very safe community. I'm one of those young men who have been in and around the lake past 2 am and I've seen nothing that would make me fearful of anything. No gangs no nothing. After knowing some more facts about this case I'm pretty sure he was not met with any foul play and especially at the lake. I will have more thoughts and a theory that just might make some sense. Dragz already knows my theory but I will post for other when I can get to a computer instead of my phone.

Anthony

There's crime everywhere and with the early release of 10,000+ inmates in CA crime rate will go up as most of these parolees have no income and will steal, rob or panhandle. Sex offenders will rape. They are convicted Felons!!! Most CA state prisons are off that route. Inmates are early released daily. They just walk out the prison gates and go on their merry way. Hitchhiking, walking, whatever.

My son said him and his friends would do drugs at Castaic Lake as its quiet and not much security as to get caught. So yes they do drugs there.

I disagree as foul play can come into play in this case just as walking around with amnesia in Oregon which I don't believe at all. It only takes one bad apple to have a crime scene. Bryce's MP case is being handled by homicide why? Because after 48 hours of not being found chances of finding the MP alive decreases.

Check this out
http://killingkillers.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-corpses-of-castaic-lake-is-bryce.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Susan Jacobsen has been missing for going on six months in Ca and people in her town are barely aware. She went missing from a grocery store parking lot, apparently in broad daylight, her car left behind along with her purse, etc.

Missing people just do not get attention unless it is generated by the family. Marc Klaas has said this thousands of times. The family has to be relentless about it. I know Bryce's family is trying to do just that, but it is such a struggle. I hope they will soon, or are working with a professional group dedicated to the missing soon. They have media contacts, tips, etc. in how to spread the word and keep your missing loved one in the news. And the more info the better; you really have to lay it all out there, IMO, to reach all possible audiences who may have had some interaction with the MP.

JMO

Excellent post. I hope Bryce's family is listening.

I wonder if they checked any of the surveillance video from the gas station and convenience store in Buttonwillow. I know it won't tell us where he is but it may show if his demeanor was off or if he looked scared(hostage)

@dragracerz

What is Bryce's personality like? Is he a tough guy? How did he act when he got hurt? Would he tough out the pain or milk it? Was he a joker? Did he have a lot of girlfriends? Play sports? Big man on campus? Stress about grades? Trouble with school?

I feel like we know Bryce as the tall red head that is close to his parent and may or may not dabble with drugs. We know that he was not in his right mind the last few days before the accident. Wether it was the Vyvanse , stress, anxiety/depression or all of the above. But I feel like we don't really know the normal Bryce. At least for me, these things might make a difference in the way we see him and how he might handle certain situations.

Sorry if we've discussed this before. I couldn't find anything.

Great questions. Making the missing person real and three dimensional to the public is essential. And we don't know much about Bryce.

<modsnip>http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...f_10000_california_prisoners_by_year_end.html

There's crime everywhere and with the early release of 10,000+ inmates in CA crime rate will go up as most of these parolees have no income and will steal, rob or panhandle. Sex offenders will rape. They are convicted Felons!!! Most CA state prisons are off that route. Inmates are early released daily. They just walk out the prison gates and go on their merry way. Hitchhiking, walking, whatever.

My son said him and his friends would do drugs at Castaic Lake as its quiet and not much security as to get caught. So yes they do drugs there.

I disagree as foul play can come into play in this case just as walking around with amnesia in Oregon which I don't believe at all. It only takes one bad apple to have a crime scene. Bryce's MP case is being handled by homicide why? Because after 48 hours of not being found chances of finding the MP alive decreases.

Check this out
http://killingkillers.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-corpses-of-castaic-lake-is-bryce.html

My group of friends were the ones who use to throw the big parties at the back of Lake Elizabeth cove. I would love to know where they went to do drugs on the property? It's not as secluded as you are making it sound. I'm telling you from first person experience. See the way they patrol that area now it would be impossible to park your car and hike to the picnic tables where lots of people use to hangout. But it hasn't been that way in years and years. That is a first I've heard that they just let inmates walk from wayside. As strict as this town is about crime it surprises me they would just let them walk out upon release. As a life long resident born and raised that's the first I've heard of it. Also with friends who are guards there they've never talked about it. From where the prison is located it wouldn't make sense for the released inmates to walk that direction and I don't believe for one moment that SCV would allow former inmates who were just released to just wonder around SCV/Castaic. Like I said knowing the facts and seeing the accident scene and examining it taking pictures and positioning my truck in position behind the cell tower I don't believe foul play happened at all. If by chance it did it didn't happen at Castaic and I don't believe he was abducted there either. Like I said when I get to a computer I will explain it. With the additional info that's known it would make complete sense.

Anthony

My group of friends were the ones who use to throw the big parties at the back of Lake Elizabeth cove. I would love to know where they went to do drugs on the property? It's not as secluded as you are making it sound. I'm telling you from first person experience. See the way they patrol that area now it would be impossible to park your car and hike to the picnic tables where lots of people use to hangout. But it hasn't been that way in years and years. That is a first I've heard that they just let inmates walk from wayside. As strict as this town is about crime it surprises me they would just let them walk out upon release. As a life long resident born and raised that's the first I've heard of it. Also with friends who are guards there they've never talked about it. From where the prison is located it wouldn't make sense for the released inmates to walk that direction and I don't believe for one moment that SCV would allow former inmates who were just released to just wonder around SCV/Castaic. Like I said knowing the facts and seeing the accident scene and examining it taking pictures and positioning my truck in position behind the cell tower I don't believe foul play happened at all. If by chance it did it didn't happen at Castaic and I don't believe he was abducted there either. Like I said when I get to a computer I will explain it. With the additional info that's known it would make complete sense.

Anthony

My best friend works as a deputy DA for Alameda County sheriffs. When a prisoner/inmate/parolee is released they are a FREE person and other than check in I believe 48 hours with their assigned parolee agent and not leave the county they are released to per parole conditions they are free to go where they please unless they are assigned to a halfway house that have house rules. But they are free to walk the streets. 95% parolees reoffend. I listened to a retired Ca judge talk about this on a talk radio station a few weeks ago. The system is setup for parolees to fail and back in jail and prison they go like a revolving door.

I was really hoping for some good news here today :(

Praying Bryce is found safe soon!

Welcome Riverking!

I look forward to hearing your ideas of what could have happened to Bryce. It's good to have someone local here.

<respectful snip for brevity> Like I said knowing the facts and seeing the accident scene and examining it taking pictures and positioning my truck in position behind the cell tower I don't believe foul play happened at all. If by chance it did it didn't happen at Castaic and I don't believe he was abducted there either. Like I said when I get to a computer I will explain it. With the additional info that's known it would make complete sense.

Anthony

RBBM

Do you share my theory (based on the bold sentence) that Bryce attempted to get to the boat ramp by using this break in the guardrail and underestimated the grade of the slope or threw caution to the wind and went for it, and rolling the vehicle? If so, what in your opinion would have been the reason for circumnavigating the closed gates in an attempt to get to the boat ramp? I have a theory that was posted in the last thread.

And welcome to WS!

RBBM

Do you share my theory (based on the bold sentence) that Bryce attempted to get to the boat ramp by using this break in the guardrail and underestimated the grade of the slope or threw caution to the wind and went for it, and rolling the vehicle? If so, what in your opinion would have been the reason for circumnavigating the closed gates in an attempt to get to the boat ramp? I have a theory that was posted in the last thread.

And welcome to WS!

Why wouldn't he have just took the road that leads to the ramp, I went up there parked at the tower and walked around, I do not believe this was any kind of accident at all.

Why wouldn't he have just took the road that leads to the ramp, I went up there parked at the tower and walked around, I do not believe this was any kind of accident at all.

Because they lock the gate to that road at night.

RE: BL's texts to and from SD

From the timeline:

W 8/28/13 2:05pm - BL text to roommate, SD: “Love you bro. Seriously. You are the best person i have ever met. You saved my soul.”

W 8/28/13 2:09pm - SD text to BL: "I love you too man. You have an amazing life. Full of love and blessings don't waste that. You have too many people that love you Bryce."

W 8/28/13 ?2?:24pm - ?BL text to SD or SD text to BL? On SD's cell phone: " ______ what's going on?!"

http://fox40.com/2013/09/04/roommate-hoping-for-the-best-after-sierra-college-student-goes-missing/
Every time I read those text exchanges, they just scream to me that BL had
a drastic change/plan in mind and that BL shared that change/plan with SD. JMO

<modsnip>

In any event, hopefully today will bring some more news and good news at that. It's odd- I did not feel hopeful about this case at first but when we learned that body wasn't Bryce's and they never found him, my feeling changed. I hope those feelings are right.

Maybe the family can do some things to get more publicity for Bruce and to make him known to all of us. That could help. It's crazy that so many people are unaware he is missing.

Oh and Riverking? Thanks for the local perspective and WELCOME to Websleuths!!! We are all Glad to have you here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfran