CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His SUV ended up onto the small (unnamed on Google map) Ramp Road after rolling down the embankment from Lake Hughes Road at the tower and break in guardrail for access to the tower.

It appears from videos that he attempted to get in at both ramp road gates and when he could not, attempted egress at the break in the guardrail where the radio tower is.

There appears to be a wash with gravel near the bottom leading directly from the tower down the embankment to the Ramp Road.

The car went nose down from Lake Hughes Road and ended up rolling and ending up in the wash near or on the Ramp Road.

It never rolled down the side of the mountain on the road. This wash with gravel you are referring to is no bigger then 2 feet wide at the most. He wasn't attempting to get down the side of hill at 19 years old in that small SUV he would not risk it. Even being 33 with a big lifted 4x4 I wouldn't do it not a chance. He's SUV got stuck in the soft sand and as he tried to turn the wheel it rolled that's what the evidence points to. There are impressions where the vehicle landed and where the tow truck pulled it out. I think there is a lot of confusion surrounding the actual "crash site"

I should note we tried to replicate his positioning with my truck at the site to try and understand what he was doing. I've been involved with the search teams and the volunteer group since this happened. The one thing that I think needs to get cleared up is the actual accident itself there is a lot of misleading info on where the truck landed and google maps is not helping this situation much.

I'm not sure about him but I've been up there. Bryce could not have turned onto Main ramp road from lake Hughes rd because there is a gate that is closed at night. Instead he drove up about 100 yards or so and pulled in between the gaurd rails to where the gates tower is. Whatever happened made the car roll down the hill and land on Main ramp road. Which is the road that would have let him down to the ramp.

Circle=cell tower/break in the gaurd rails/ where he pulled in
Square= around where the car landed. I don't know the exact locating but it was near this.
Arrow= the gate that is closed at night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 43
I should note we tried to replicate his positioning with my truck at the site to try and understand what he was doing. I've been involved with the search teams and the volunteer group since this happened. The one thing that I think needs to get cleared up is the actual accident itself there is a lot of misleading info on where the truck landed and google maps is not helping this situation much.

It never rolled down the side of the mountain on the road. This wash with gravel you are referring to is no bigger then 2 feet wide at the most. He wasn't attempting to get down the side of hill at 19 years old in that small SUV he would not risk it. Even being 33 with a big lifted 4x4 I wouldn't do it not a chance. He's SUV got stuck in the soft sand and as he tried to turn the wheel it rolled that's what the evidence points to. There are impressions where the vehicle landed and where the tow truck pulled it out. I think there is a lot of confusion surrounding the actual "crash site"

That's awesome! Glad to have you on board. :greetings:

That would be impossible to do. That road is lake Hughes road and is a main road that leads to Antelope Valley. As you drive up the hill on Lake Hughes road there is a turn off to get to the small access road that is locked at night that leads to the launch ramp. There is noway to shut down Lake Hughes rd. I don't think the Google pics and maps really portray the area the right way. I feel that they are doing a disservice to this case and not providing accurate info about the lake and the area.

BBM - Isn't SD, the roommate, from Antelope Valley?

I have a mind blowing nugget for you. There are pay phones in Castaic lake in the areas that Bryce could've been hanging around before the crash and if he walked down towards the ramp there are pay phones there. So what does that mean? I believe he called someone collect maybe even SD and had them do a call back on the # that shows up. I'm going to drive up there in a bit and test that theory.

I don't get it ... for what purpose would BL want to establish the record of being near the ramp with a call back at the pay phone? TIA

These are photos of the crash site after the SUV was removed.

Are they the correct spot? Have we been looking at the correct spot on the maps? TIA

I know there is a lot of missing info in this case but what info are we missing about the crash site? TIA

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...20632128_n.jpg
1239525_622492214452038_1020632128_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/h...52310749_n.jpg
1175176_622497677784825_852310749_n.jpg

Bryce never stated to his mother nor LE that he was heading home. Told his mother when asked, "what are you doing?" he said "I'm going to hang out with friends later."
Not at that time did he tell her, "I'm cumming home, I have a lot to talk to you about."
He told LE "I'm going to hang out with friends to blow off steam.," not sure if that was his exact words. He did not say "I'm on my way home."
Bryce did not go back to his apartment, park his SUV, then disappear.
He , IMO, had a very specific destination and it was not home.
This is why it is so important, IMO to find out the "why" he is now at the point we need to know the "where."

Bryce never stated to his mother nor LE that he was heading home. Told his mother when asked, "what are you doing?" he said "I'm going to hang out with friends later."
Not at that time did he tell her, "I'm cumming home, I have a lot to talk to you about."
He told LE "I'm going to hang out with friends to blow off steam.," not sure if that was his exact words. He did not say "I'm on my way home."
Bryce did not go back to his apartment, park his SUV, then disappear.
He , IMO, had a very specific destination and it was not home.
This is why it is so important, IMO to find out the "why" he is now at the point we need to know the "where."

Well stated. This is the key to finding him I believe.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Bryce was not at a motel. When they pinged his phone, the closest address was a motel. Officers responding did not find him at a motel.

is that what LE actually told you? so that would make the police report or dispatch report incorrect?

that has me so confused. I can understand the ping was teh closest address, but are you saying his car was on the street, not even in a parkinig lot?

were the credit cards he had in his parents names? then they can easily log onto them voa the web and get any activity. Has that been done? also, do they have access to his bank account to put money in, etc? they could also probably view that activity as well.

I don't get it ... for what purpose would BL want to establish the record of being near the ramp with of a call back at the pay phone? TIA

He wouldn't only after the accident is where they would come into play. If he couldn't find his phone after the SUV rolled and needed advice being afraid to call his parents he would probably reach out to a close friend for advice. Now being there are pay phones where the crash site are down by the ramp and pay phones in the lower lagoon lake where his scent was and leading out of the park. My theory is he called someone for help someone whose # he knew by heart for help. If he didn't have cash on him he could place a collect call and say in the recording call this # back it's Bryce it's urgent.

I know you said you would have never attempted to drive down the embankment because it was so steap. Ehat about at night? Would he have been able to tell how steap it was. Is that area well lit?

Exactly what I thought but there are 2 Antelope Valleys in CA one up North and one down South actually I believe the one up north is just Called Antelope.

Thanks for your input Riverking!

So, if you don't mind me asking, do you have an opinion on where you think Bryce is? I'm assuming you think he made it out of Castaic considering the pay phone remark. I think the fact that there are pay phones is huge! Very good to know..

These are photos of the crash site after the SUV was removed.

Are they the correct spot? Have we been looking at the correct spot on the maps? TIA

I know there is a lot of missing info in this case but what info are we missing about the crash site? TIA

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...20632128_n.jpg
1239525_622492214452038_1020632128_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/h...52310749_n.jpg
1175176_622497677784825_852310749_n.jpg

No these are not correct. The impression in the dirt would indicate the SUV only rolled a couple of times. I believe this is bad reporting on the media end and misleading. The tow truck pulled the SUV out of the dirt and you could see that at the top of the hill. There is a ton if brush in the hillside and if the SUV rolled over it it would've flattened it and there are no impressions in the brush at all.

He wouldn't only after the accident is where they would come into play. If he couldn't find his phone after the SUV rolled and needed advice being afraid to call his parents he would probably reach out to a close friend for advice. Now being there are pay phones where the crash site are down by the ramp and pay phones in the lower lagoon lake where his scent was and leading out of the park. My theory is he called someone for help someone whose # he knew by heart for help. If he didn't have cash on him he could place a collect call and say in the recording call this # back it's Bryce it's urgent.

Interesting! So did LE get records of pay phone, phone call activity after the estimated time of the crash? TIA

Looking forward to hearing more of your theory!

Good point. If that was the case seems easy enough to get the call records from the owner of the pay phones. The family needs to hire a PI these are the types of things they excel in. Really not much more the family can do at this point. Time to call the professionals.

What happened to Marc Klaas and Team Amber?

I know you said you would have never attempted to drive down the embankment because it was so steap. Ehat about at night? Would he have been able to tell how steap it was. Is that area well lit?

Yes the moonlight brightens up that area pretty darn good you would be able to see the hills. It's a beautiful sight late at night. See the out looks going up the side of the road on the left get patrolled by the Sheriffs and CHP so if it's late you would be hassled at night. It's happened to me many many times where Bryce went it would make sense to get the same view while hiding and not be hassled at all. I believe that is very important because the first time he went up there he probably saw the patrol cars and got spooked so he drove up further and found the break. If he was looking for a path into the park to the ramp I would say that's pretty darn good detective work on his part for someone who doesn't know the area. But pretty hairy if he was attempting to really drive that SUV down the side of a mountain.

I don't get it ... for what purpose would BL want to establish the record of being near the ramp with a call back at the pay phone? TIA

I'm not the OP, but possibly to establish what phone # he could be reached at temporarily, not so much to establish a record of him being there. That's how I took it anyway.

I was pretty careful about going back over all that was posted and looked at the Google view. There is only one tower at a break in the guardrail between the two ends of Main Ramp Road.

No, I was not there for the search. I am going by what was posted and the Google view.

This is what I know. Main Ramp Rd is labeled on google maps. There is another entrance just south of Main Ramp Rd tho and it is not named on google. The cell tower is were he went off Lake Hughes Rd, confirmed by dragracerz via his brother and brother in-law when they were there, it did roll landed on the passenger side on the Main Ramp Rd. It did not go down the wash you are speaking of at least not to my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfran