CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a thought when my brother came up. Do we know if there are any fraternities at this CC? I know we have one in our CC out here.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Except that Caron (whose daughter lived in the same dorms) reported seeing him there living in the dorms until the end of the school year. So even if Bryce "fibbed" to the roomie or his family, we have a verified insider saying she witnessed him living there and not evicted.

I see several scenarios in which both sets of statements could be correct. Perhaps Bryce wasn't evicted from the dorms, per say, but had to switch dorms or rooms within the dorms or perhaps he was told that he would have to live off campus the following year and he said that's fine because I was planning on getting an apartment anyways and so it ended up being a non issue?

I am not so quick to dismiss the prior roommate's statements as not true based on his comment about Bryce getting kicked out of their dorm.

On one hand we have people who state that SD should have known what was going on with Bryce because he was his roommate but then others are stating that we can't believe what his prior roommate stated and shouldn't believe his account of what Bryce was up to last year when they lived together.

I think both boys would have a pretty good sense of what was going on with Bryce over the past 13 months, since both of them lived with him full time (though SD only lived with him for a few weeks.)

Re: your question, I don't know. I'm trying to find the original MSM interview again so you can see it for yourself, but I'm having a hard time finding it for some reason. I'll keep looking.

Paraphrasing from memory it sounded like the roomie said that Bryce was basically going down a "bad path" and they didn't part on good terms. He wasn't surprised to hear that something had happened. He said Bryce was evicted from the dorms, which was apparently not accurate. Based on what Caron (whose daughter lived in the same dorm) said, he was still living there at the end of the year.

Found it: http://www.kcra.com/news/divers-sea...nt/-/11797728/21771812/-/gdad40z/-/index.html

Worth noting, a brief interview with his GF is on here. Also, in the shot with the highway patrol I noticed orange marks on the road matching some of the ones we've been talking about.

I recommend watching the interview if you can because it's a lot more informative than the article, but from the article:

"A former roommate said Laspisa moved to the Northern California school to start over after a troubled past.

Nick Cavena said Laspisa partied harder than most students and wasn't surprised by his disappearance.

"I expected nothing good could come from the path he was on,” Cavena said.

Cavena said Laspisa was evicted by the college last year from their dorm, and their friendship ended, but he had no ill will toward Laspisa.

“We didn’t end on very good terms, but I mean, once I heard about it, it was very concerning, if he is found, he is safe, he needs help,” Cavena said."

Ummm, I disagree. I don't think you can generalize by gender there. When I was in my 20's and feeling suicidal over being fired, I'm female-I did think about crashing my car off a particular stretch of roadway because it would have been easy to do. Never thought about using pills. I scared myself with those thoughts. What probably ultimately stopped me was the thought that if I didn't succeed I'd be paralyzed for life. Also LLomax didn't threaten, she just did it.

It actually is true; women attempt suicide more often than men however men are more successful at it because they use more lethal methods, they usually talk to people less about their feelings, and they act quicker on their suicidal thoughts (which doesn't fair well for Bryce if he was indeed suicidal.)

I feel like without knowing pertinent info there's just no way to tell if he was suicidal or just wanting to start over and get away for awhile.

I think it will be a lot more clear cut once we find out:

1) Why was Bryce breaking up with Kim?

2) What was Bryce doing that made either Kim or Sean take away his keys?

3) Was it Kim or Sean taking away his keys?

4) What did Bryce say to his mom to convince her he could drive and should get his keys back?

5) Did Bryce mention to anyone he was leaving town and going HOME not to Kim's place?

6) What were his last conversations about with Sean and Kim?

All of these answers will paint a clear picture on mindset. I think with those answers we will be able to tell which theory is more likely (suicidal, psychotic break, or just overwhelmed with life currently).

Having the answers could help the case by giving better answers to questions we cannot answer without Bryce:

1) Was the car accident intentional or accidental?

2) Whether or not he left the recreation area after the accident?

3) Why he has not contacted his family despite being close with them.

4) Where he could have possibly gone?

5) Where to look for Bryce?

We also don't have answers to more questions, that sadly neither Kim or Sean will likely be able to elaborate on.

1) Why did he break up with Kim to only get back with her hours later?

2) What happened in Buttonwillow for such a long time?

3) Why does the dispatch report have motel written rather than an address for a street he was parked if he wasn't at a motel?

4) What other possible inconsistencies are in the media or told by witnesses that could be sending us in the wrong direction?

5) Is there more to this then what's already been revealed?

I think getting the answers to the first set could help us more accurately make assumptions based on the second set and as I said above, get an area to focus on looking.

As we know, set 3 likely won't get answered, nor will we ever really be able to speculate. My trip with the volunteers hopefully will shed more light on Buttonwillow, but I don't know if it really will answer that MUCH, but we certainly will go there open minded for any leads.

Dragracerz-- this is a good account of why certain questions although very personal, will considerably help the probability of finding Bryce. If you know even an answer to one of the above questions, please do share.

Kim or Sean- if you are viewing this website and feel you can add to any of these questions, I urge you disclose that info so we might narrow the search area.

I completely understand how some of these questions bring very personal things up and understand the hesitancy to answer them, however at this point without them we are at an impasse.

*jumps off soapbox*

Re: your question, I don't know. I'm trying to find the original MSM interview again so you can see it for yourself, but I'm having a hard time finding it for some reason. I'll keep looking.

Paraphrasing from memory it sounded like the roomie said that Bryce was basically going down a "bad path" and they didn't part on good terms. He wasn't surprised to hear that something had happened. He said Bryce was evicted from the dorms, which was apparently not accurate. Based on what Caron (whose daughter lived in the same dorm) said, he was still living there at the end of the year.

I saw the interview yesterday. It's on thread one - wait, I posted it a few pages back yesterday. I read what the roommate said and I just read what caron said. Sounds like caron thinks B's trouble was minimal. Therefore, I conclude the roommates had a falling out. Still, caron couldn't have been there all the time so how would she really know. NEWSFLASH - kids don't tell us the scary stuff they're doing because they know we'll freak out. Kids, (think about your ownself here) begin telling their parents stuff they once did when they reach age thirty!

My mom didn't know half the stuff my brother got away with and believed him to be an angel. Here's a stupid example that my bro likes to mention and thinks is hilarious. He had a tape with some soft *advertiser censored* on it and would gather a few of friends around the TV/vcr at the P's house (high school age). They'd be watching it and hear my mom call out, 'Boys, can I get you something to drink or some popcorn?' They'd be rolling on floor laughing at the fact that they were pulling the wool over my sweet mamma's eyes. She never suspected her boy would be doing things like that in her house. And he's a kid (now grown) who never had a run in with the law and was basically a trouble free kid to raise. So a parent's perspective about their own kid is never completely accurate imo.

Who is Caron? The mother of one of Bryce's female friends?

Oh, why did Bryce transfer from Sierra College? Is that right?
(I thought I read he was going to one college but changed to another this year)

Bryce didn't transfer colleges. He graduated high school in Illinois, moved to California and started Sierra College. This would have been his second year at Sierra College. (Perhaps you are thinking of his girlfriend? She was at Sierra college last year and is going to school in Chico this year.)

Just as an FYI, I did some research and in tons of missing persons cases that were resolved by finding the person, people also left all there stuff behind.

This was brought up by a few posters that they believed him to not be missing by his own volition because he left stuff behind, this by my research just doesn't prove true. I found that in interviews when asked why they left there stuff behind, a few of them stated that they felt like in order to start fresh they didn't want to bring along things from there past. While others said that items from there past would remind them of what they left behind.

Now I still think its unlikely since he was close with his family but I still wanted to atleast debunk the other thought.

On another thought, he did tell his mom that he was pulling off the freeway in that area to get some rest. I feel like if he was going to do something intentionally, that he wouldn't have been honest about his whereabouts. His mom could easily have gotten in her car and met him there. This all leads me to believe that this was not suicidal or intentional pre-accident. His mind set of course could have changed after the accident but at least before it happened I think he really was grabbing some sleep.

Or was he buying himself time? If he didn't tell her anything she could have his phone pinged again with police at his vehicle rather quickly. If he said he was sleeping for the night and would be home in the morning (which, in my opinion, wasn't the truth because he was caught on video driving around the area) it would be hours before she would suspect something was wrong and have the police look for him again. He already knew that if she doubted his whereabouts she had the ability to find out exactly where he was. I wonder if he knew it was his phone that they were able to track? Perhaps he didn't know how they were able to track him and so that is why he left it all behind?

Or was he buying himself time? If he didn't tell her anything she could have his phone pinged again with police at his vehicle rather quickly. If he said he was sleeping for the night and would be home in the morning (which, in my opinion, wasn't the truth because he was caught on video driving around the area) it would be hours before she would suspect something was wrong and have the police look for him again. He already knew that if she doubted his whereabouts she had the ability to find out exactly where he was. I wonder if he knew it was his phone that they were able to track? Perhaps he didn't know how they were able to track him and so that is why he left it all behind?

Hm that's a pretty interesting new theory. Let me ponder it.

Bryce didn't transfer colleges. He graduated high school in Illinois, moved to California and started Sierra College. This would have been his second year at Sierra College. (Perhaps you are thinking of his girlfriend? She was at Sierra college last year and is going to school in Chico this year.)

Thanks for the clarification. While trying to catch up, I missed a lot of details from the beginning of the case. I knew I read someone had changed colleges!
Has anybody commented if Bryce liked going to college? Did he want to continue at Sierra this year? Was he doing so in order to please his parents?

if i was worried that my son was depressed, perhaps suicidal and found he was spending hours in the same location, i would have gotten in my car and driven up there. this is why i tend to think she was more worried about drugs (having his car searched) and not his state of mind.

if i was worried that my son was depressed, perhaps suicidal and found he was spending hours in the same location, i would have gotten in my car and driven up there. this is why i tend to think she was more worried about drugs (having his car searched) and not his state of mind.

I agree. She had a few opportunities to drive up and check on him and didn't which leads me to believe he was not acting depressed or suicidal just acting bizarre.

I saw the interview yesterday. It's on thread one - wait, I posted it a few pages back yesterday. I read what the roommate said and I just read what caron said. Sounds like caron thinks B's trouble was minimal. Therefore, I conclude the roommates had a falling out. Still, caron couldn't have been there all the time so how would she really know. NEWSFLASH - kids don't tell us the scary stuff they're doing because they know we'll freak out. Kids, (think about your ownself here) begin telling their parents stuff they once did when they reach age thirty!

My mom didn't know half the stuff my brother got away with and believed him to be an angel. Here's a stupid example that my bro likes to mention and thinks is hilarious. He had a tape with some soft *advertiser censored* on it and would gather a few of friends around the TV/vcr at the P's house (high school age). They'd be watching it and hear my mom call out, 'Boys, can I get you something to drink or some popcorn?' They'd be rolling on floor laughing at the fact that they were pulling the wool over my sweet mamma's eyes. She never suspected her boy would be doing things like that in her house. And he's a kid (now grown) who never had a run in with the law and was basically a trouble free kid to raise. So a parent's perspective about their own kid is never completely accurate imo.

Thanks! I can't believe I've found and "misplaced" that video about 10 times now. I just found it again and posted it a page or so ago.

You're right about the stuff we (kids in general) did and hid too, IMO. Or maybe didn't even hide, just chose not to mention. I've always felt like it takes several people to know all the facets of one person - parents, siblings (if any), significant others (if any), friends, classmates... people just act different in different situations. Add in unknown stressors. :( I wish we had more information from various perspectives about how Bryce was feeling/who he is and where he might go to "find himself."

Thanks for the clarification. While trying to catch up, I missed a lot of details from the beginning of the case. I knew I read someone had changed colleges!
Has anybody commented if Bryce liked going to college? Did he want to continue at Sierra this year? Was he doing so in order to please his parents?

From what his roomie said it sounds like he put a lot of pressure on himself to do well, but otherwise liked going to college and did a good job.

I feel like without knowing pertinent info there's just no way to tell if he was suicidal or just wanting to start over and get away for awhile.

4) What did Bryce say to his mom to convince her he could drive and should get his keys back?

5) Did Bryce mention to anyone he was leaving town and going HOME not to Kim's place?

All of these answers will paint a clear picture on mindset. I think with those answers we will be able to tell which theory is more likely (suicidal, psychotic break, or just overwhelmed with life currently).

Having the answers could help the case by giving better answers to questions we cannot answer without Bryce:

We also don't have answers to more questions, that sadly neither Kim or Sean will likely be able to elaborate on.

3) Why does the dispatch report have motel written rather than an address for a street he was parked if he wasn't at a motel?

4) What other possible inconsistencies are in the media or told by witnesses that could be sending us in the wrong direction?

I think getting the answers to the first set could help us more accurately make assumptions based on the second set and as I said above, get an area to focus on looking.

As we know, set 3 likely won't get answered, nor will we ever really be able to speculate. My trip with the volunteers hopefully will shed more light on Buttonwillow, but I don't know if it really will answer that MUCH, but we certainly will go there open minded for any leads.

Dragracerz-- this is a good account of why certain questions although very personal, will considerably help the probability of finding Bryce. If you know even an answer to one of the above questions, please do share.

Kim or Sean- if you are viewing this website and feel you can add to any of these questions, I urge you disclose that info so we might narrow the search area.

I completely understand how some of these questions bring very personal things up and understand the hesitancy to answer them, however at this point without them we are at an impasse.

*jumps off soapbox*

This was the kind of thinking I was alluding to in my long post...if nothing else and LE is reading your question sets might bring another angle to light that were previously not thought of. We here can only speculate at leisure, unlike LE whose job this is.

*jumps off soapbox*

BBM
Kim took away his keys

From what his roomie said it sounds like he put a lot of pressure on himself to do well, but otherwise liked going to college and did a good job.

He doesn't sound like a young man who just doesn't care then. Of course, he's not in school now. Is school on or off right now in California?
Quarters? Semesters?

I ran across an interview conducted with one of his oldest friends from Naperville. He stated that he'd heard Bryce was missing his friends from back home a lot. The friend said he was planning to visit Bryce in California. He didn't say when or if the visit was confirmed.
If Bryce went to Illinois, I can't imagine him or someone not getting in touch with his parents by now.

He doesn't sound like a young man who just doesn't care then. Of course, he's not in school now. Is school on or off right now in California?
Quarters? Semesters?

I ran across an interview conducted with one of his oldest friends from Naperville. He stated that he'd heard Bryce was missing his friends from back home a lot. The friend said he was planning to visit Bryce in California. He didn't say when or if the visit was confirmed.
If Bryce went to Illinois, I can't imagine him or someone not getting in touch with his parents by now.

Sierra college has semesters and students are currently in school until the last day of instruction on December 14th. The first day of the semester was August 26th (the same week Bryce went missing.)

http://www.sierracollege.edu/academics/academic-calendar/2013/08/index.php

Quarters? Semesters?<snipped for space>

BBM I agree. If anything I think he may care too much if that makes sense. It can be very stressful to want to be perfect for all people at all times, even if it's totally self-induced pressure. Wanting to have great grades, be a perfect student, good son, good boyfriend, heck even a great gamer... I can see it getting pretty overwhelming. I'm not saying this is the case with Bryce because of course I don't know. I'm just talking generally.

I see that Voice4theSilent already answered your other question (thanks!), but to confirm yes, school's on right now and has been for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3