CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded the free Puffin app., copied and pasted the URL for the you tube video into it and bam. I can see it on my Iphone. Zweibel might even be able to see it that way in Germany!!!

This is the feature I've spoken out about on other threads as I heard about it on a talk show but didn't/couldn't understand the details of what the warning was other than this location indicator can be dangerous. Today I finally get it thanks to the subject coming up in this thread.

When a teenage girl or young woman sends a selfie via twitter and has her geotag location thingy activated, it opens up an opportunity for a pervert to almost instantaneously track her location through the picture. The problem is, many people are unaware their location is revealed when sending a picture and may setup a situation where they become vulnerable. Someone could wait outside a place for you or if a photo is taken where you live, a bad guy could show up and stalk you or worse. What's the positive purpose of having this feature anyway? If there is one, young people have to be made aware of the potentially nefarious use too.

Speaking of the church on the hilltop, I posted about the church a thread or two ago. Another poster asked if anything in the area drew anyone in and I answered the church. There's a very tall cross there and a picture on the website shows an outward view of the lake at night with hundreds of twinkling lights. Quite a beautiful view from the Lake Hillls Community Church at nighttime. Here's the link again.
http://www.lakehillscommunity.org/

There's been an assumption that the area is very dark at night but when I saw the picture from the church, I asked if the lights surrounding the lake are there/on every night as obviously they, well, provide light. No one ever answered me (boo-hoo). I'm still curious though about the night lights as they could be the reason Bryce wanted to park near the tower - to take in a similar view.

Also, since Bryce texted his friend, "You saved my soul.", I think he may have been drawn to the area where the church is located. They sure have a nice spot there.

Your post about the church made me think to be sure to check any cabins or cottages around the lake. A lake usually has these kinds of places all around the lake. He could have found an unoccupied place or maybe he even knew of one in advance.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=9299805

Bryce Laspisa YouTube video released; Naperville man still missing

"In a recently released YouTube video, Laspisa's parents make a plea for him to come home, or for more help finding him."

ETA - I can watch the video on my iphone through the link that is provided in this news article.

Wow. I'm nervous now! Nobody but me and maybe one sympathetic family member ever watched my beautiful little home movies in the past. I'm not used to so many hits.

Wow. I'm nervous now! Nobody but me and maybe one sympathetic family member ever watched my beautiful little home movies in the past. I'm not used to so many hits.

Hold your head high, be EXTREMELY proud and take all the credit. You deserve it!!

Hold your head high, be EXTREMELY proud and take all the credit. You deserve it!!

Ditto what la2cabo posted above....be proud, gitana1. You did an incredible job. :yourock:

ITA They have reported that in several news articles :banghead:

Careless info in MSM articles is why it is so frustrating when one source will suddenly print something that we here know has been refuted or disproved about a case ( for example, when one media source kept printing that Adrienne Salina's phone had been found, when it had not and still has not) as it will usually start another whole round of posts taking the bad info as fact. Often, the major networks are the worst. jMO

Ditto what la2cabo posted above....be proud, gitana1. You did an incredible job. :yourock:

I can't take all the credit. I had a ton of help from a lovely lady from Klaaskids Foundation, a person who also has her own life and work, yet she took a huge amount of time to go back and forth with me on it and also I had help from a friend of mine who helped fix audio, late at night last night, even though he has a ton of work. Good guy.

But I'm so happy it made the news because that's what this case needs. More news.

Gitana, 275 hits right now. Woohoo!! Don't stress, you did an excellent job!

Gitana, 275 hits right now. Woohoo!! Don't stress, you did an excellent job!

And over 200 on the other video, so it's really up to 500 now. :please::please::please::please:

I hope someone who knows something will see it.

In the course of this case I've had so many ups and downs and really never was too sure where Bryce is.. I really was stuck on the lake for awhile.

I now truly believe he's alive and well and living another life. Despite people thinking that if he did that intentionally and is hurting his family has a bad person, I don't see it this way at all. I think that certain circumstances push you in a direction that you feel has no possible resolution and sadly sometimes when you feel like there's no resolution running away feels like the only one.

I think he ran off and didn't realize what the ramifications of this would be. I don't think he realized that his parents would go to hell and back to find him.

I think too much has happened now for him to just walk back in the door. I think he likely feels like its safer to stay hidden then to come back home.

I wonder if maybe we could get the investigator to make a plea at him to come home without any legal ramifications but I don't know if they're allowed to even do that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm so sorry guys. It is a copyright issue that may or may not be fixable. But I don;t have the time to do that right now. Would someone be willing to post in the comments on Bryce's FB page, where people are complaining about it not being viewable via a mobile device, about the Puffin App.?

I think the family would rally appreciate that!!!

You did an amazing job on this video Gitana - great work!!

:yourock:

It works fine on my mobile phone so I don't think I can offer much in the way of technical assistance - I'm hesitant to post about an app I've never used and then be unable to answer questions about it. Hopefully someone else can help. From what I can see on FB it looks like the one linked on the abclocal story is working for most people.

FWIW I tried watching it with no audio to see if it might be worth posting a version without the music. It's better with the music of course, but it's still powerful without it - which I hope you take as a huge compliment, because it is. :) The downside is not hearing his parents at the end, of course, so I don't think you could just strip out all audio. The other downside is having too many versions out there. Hopefully most people will be able to get it to work through one of the two versions already posted, but just wanted to share my experience watching it without the copyrighted music.

That was a beautiful video Gitana! You should absolutely be proud. Thank you for taking the time to make it.

WhooHOO- the regular link achieved the first plateau - "300+" and will stick for a little bit, and then the new view count will update :) Just a YouTube check point ;) AWESOME!

That was a beautiful video Gitana! You should absolutely be proud. Thank you for taking the time to make it.

Thank you Gitana. Super fantastic job!!! What a beautiful video!!!! it came out wonderful. I hope it brings Bryce home. You rock :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member