CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I say that I love all of you guys so much? So many big hearts on websleuths.

Can I say that I love all of you guys so much? So many big hearts on websleuths.

Big hearts or crybabies??? :floorlaugh: My eyes are all puffy from all my bawling. That video is so touching.

Is there any opportunity to edit the video? Its beautiful of course but I feel like maybe a few things can be done to struck up memories in people.

I think the pictures of Bryce's car are critical. Someone could have seen him driving around in that car or saw something to do with the car.

I also think maybe the photo of the burning man should be removed as this turned out to be a separate case.

I also think maybe the transitions need to be quicker. 3 times in the video I thought it was over and almost closed it.

Also it looks like ABC used there own hosting for the video which does work for mobile so maybe in the main video we can link the ABC website for mobile users.

The video absolutely brought me to tears!

All just my opinions and if you guys disagree with the changes or don't want to do them that is perfectly fine just thought I'd offer some suggestions.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

To quote... “There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.” – Mark Twain

There are so many here that are in that first group! Finding Bryce safe and sound is #1 and I'm beyond impressed at how hard everyone is working to accomplish that!

You all...

:yourock:

Finally, three hours later ~ finally figured out how to successfully install FlashPlayer. Man, when you don't know what you're doing, technology sure makes things difficult. lol! And, I haven't a clue how FP ever got uninstalled as I know it worked on my computer previously.
If like gitana1, with the making and fixing of her wonderful video about Bryce, I acually learned something by working out my challenges with Adobe FP, the process wouldn't seem so frustrating. Considering I have no clue how or why the thing finally worked, I'll just be happy it finally did. :cool:

gitana1, the video really humanizes Bryce and what his parents are going through. Nice job! :clap:

Is there any opportunity to edit the video? Its beautiful of course but I feel like maybe a few things can be done to struck up memories in people.

I think the pictures of Bryce's car are critical. Someone could have seen him driving around in that car or saw something to do with the car.

I also think maybe the photo of the burning man should be removed as this turned out to be a separate case.

I also think maybe the transitions need to be quicker. 3 times in the video I thought it was over and almost closed it.

Also it looks like ABC used there own hosting for the video which does work for mobile so maybe in the main video we can link the ABC website for mobile users.

All just my opinions and if you guys disagree with the changes or don't want to do them that is perfectly fine just thought I'd offer some suggestions.

BBM

I don't think the LASO tent really depicts a burning man, that is unless you are close to the story and have followed it since Sept. It really only shows LE presence. I'm not sure an edit would be the right thing to do now but perhaps a follow up video could include the car as well.

Promise...I'm not wishing more work for Gitana and if I was savvy enough I would do it

Yeah, I worried about the transitions, but it was hard! Trying to get the music to perfectly sync with the change is difficult because I;m just using windows live movie maker which is very, very basic. It doesn;t have the editing power of a more complex program. It's for amateurs, like me.

But people can see the bar on the video that shows how much time is left so apparently they are watching the whole thing.

You are not the only one to talk about the tent photo and suggest I get rid of it. My Klaaskids angel talked about that with me. But I decided to leave it in because it was part of the overall case as far as the news was concerned. It kind of gives the overall vibe of agony that this case has caused.

I've never seen a photo of the car that I can remember. That would have been good! But it's getting more press for this case and ultimately, I think that's the most important. Maybe people can link to photos or make comments in the comment sections so more info can be given. Of course the video links to www.findbrycelaspisa.com and to the FB which have more info.

I'm glad I could do this but it is time consuming and I'm right in the middle of moving offices which is huge. I stayed at work until 8:00 tonight getting files organized for clients to pick up. In order to edit and then re-save and re-upload, it takes a huge amount of time - hours. And sadly i don;t have more right now!!! But your suggestions are great ones!!!

gitana, you are amazing. You made me cry! You made Bryce so real, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

In the course of this case I've had so many ups and downs and really never was too sure where Bryce is.. I really was stuck on the lake for awhile.

I now truly believe he's alive and well and living another life. Despite people thinking that if he did that intentionally and is hurting his family has a bad person, I don't see it this way at all. I think that certain circumstances push you in a direction that you feel has no possible resolution and sadly sometimes when you feel like there's no resolution running away feels like the only one.

I think he ran off and didn't realize what the ramifications of this would be. I don't think he realized that his parents would go to hell and back to find him.

I think too much has happened now for him to just walk back in the door. I think he likely feels like its safer to stay hidden then to come back home.

I wonder if maybe we could get the investigator to make a plea at him to come home without any legal ramifications but I don't know if they're allowed to even do that.

My feeling is that now is better than later. If Bryce is able to, the right thing to do is to call his parents and tell them he's okay and that he's sorry for causing them so much worry. If he's opting to stay away for awhile, he can say so and maybe offer to call just so his p's can hear his voice every now and then. Although not easy to accept it would be better than this limbo/unknown.
They will have to accept Bryce's conditions for awhile and wait for him to come around.

So, Bryce, please contact your mother and father to relieve them from the agony of worrying about you.
If you're not up to a long conversation, just tell them that but let them know you are safe and alive.
You are legally entitled to live on your own now (as hard as it is for parents to make the transition of acceptance).
But Bryce, even peeps like me wonder about your safety/outcome of the cirumcumstances your car was found, and want to know you're well.
Please mentally free up every person who is looking for you so we can move onto a missing person case who wants and needs our help being found.

I wish the odds were greater that Bryce may actually read this message.
Life is stranger than fiction sometimes and miracles do happen.

I can't take all the credit. I had a ton of help from a lovely lady from Klaaskids Foundation, a person who also has her own life and work, yet she took a huge amount of time to go back and forth with me on it and also I had help from a friend of mine who helped fix audio, late at night last night, even though he has a ton of work. Good guy.

But I'm so happy it made the news because that's what this case needs. More news.

Still sitting here with goosebumps! I wish I had known some one that could have done one like that , under different circumstances, of my brother! Git that was awesome! Now off to began reading about this this young wonderful man! :blowkiss:

I live near Castaic. For clarity, Castaic area is at the foot of the Mountain Freeway 5 pass known arks the Grapevine. It is not in the Mountains. The lower lake that is just a mile or two from the Freeway is in what is referred to as Chaparral. It is sage brush and mesquite. Straggly tough scrub brush. The Angeles National Forest is just beyond the upper lake area. There is a topography change to Pine Trees as the elevation increases. The area that Bryce's scent disappeared in wS in the scrub brush area. Around the lower spillway lake there are trees planted by the parks department. When I took the kids there in the late 1970's when it was new is was very desert like in the swim area at the lower lake.
I know that a lot of you from far away imagine a natural lake with huge trees down to the waterline where someone could get lost. Not like that at the lower lake area. Upper lake is higher elevation and the google pics show big trees surrounding it. If following the facts, Bryce shouldn't have been in the upper area after the crash.

What about the fog there? I live by a lake, and fog forms over it every single night. I thought that was true for all fresh water body's of water. I'm in Kentucky btw. :)

gitana, you are amazing. You made me cry! You made Bryce so real, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Thanks just wasn't enough. That is exactly what it is, somehow he just reaches out and touches your heart through this video.

Thank you so much Gitana and those behind the scenes for making this happen.

Gitana you did an awesome job with the material that you had. I've made slideshows and it takes forever. There is no way around it. I hope if anyone knows anything, this slideshow will make them come forward.

Bryce if your out there please come home. We all just want to see you safe.

Really great job Gitana!! Thanks for all those hours you put in to this wonderful project.

Yeah, I worried about the transitions, but it was hard! Trying to get the music to perfectly sync with the change is difficult because I;m just using windows live movie maker which is very, very basic. It doesn;t have the editing power of a more complex program. It's for amateurs, like me.

But people can see the bar on the video that shows how much time is left so apparently they are watching the whole thing.

You are not the only one to talk about the tent photo and suggest I get rid of it. My Klaaskids angel talked about that with me. But I decided to leave it in because it was part of the overall case as far as the news was concerned. It kind of gives the overall vibe of agony that this case has caused.

I've never seen a photo of the car that I can remember. That would have been good! But it's getting more press for this case and ultimately, I think that's the most important. Maybe people can link to photos or make comments in the comment sections so more info can be given. Of course the video links to www.findbrycelaspisa.com and to the FB which have more info.

I'm glad I could do this but it is time consuming and I'm right in the middle of moving offices which is huge. I stayed at work until 8:00 tonight getting files organized for clients to pick up. In order to edit and then re-save and re-upload, it takes a huge amount of time - hours. And sadly i don;t have more right now!!! But your suggestions are great ones!!!

gitana1 :tyou: Great job!!

I appreciate all the time and the effort you spent in creating this wonderful video of Bryce!
The presentation is superb! You are such a blessing to WS!

Thank you so much!
:loveyou:

:gthanks:

A combined total views on the two videos this morning (standard and widescreen) of 1,149.

In the course of this case I've had so many ups and downs and really never was too sure where Bryce is.. I really was stuck on the lake for awhile.

I now truly believe he's alive and well and living another life. Despite people thinking that if he did that intentionally and is hurting his family has a bad person, I don't see it this way at all. I think that certain circumstances push you in a direction that you feel has no possible resolution and sadly sometimes when you feel like there's no resolution running away feels like the only one.

I think he ran off and didn't realize what the ramifications of this would be. I don't think he realized that his parents would go to hell and back to find him.

I think too much has happened now for him to just walk back in the door. I think he likely feels like its safer to stay hidden then to come back home.

I wonder if maybe we could get the investigator to make a plea at him to come home without any legal ramifications but I don't know if they're allowed to even do that.

Sadly, I pretty much agree with this. :hugs:

A combined total views on the two videos this morning (standard and widescreen) of 1,149.
Wow, that is awesome! In one day! I am now an official believer in youtube videos for getting the word out about someone's that missing! Great job gitana!

Burning questions top of mind right now:
1) What was the behavior - exact words and mannerisms - before Bryce departed Chico, which led to his car keys being taken away (and then returned)? This is vital to know, IMO. It is either just an overreaction to breakup with GF, or some serious warning signs.
2) Who was the young man that Bryce was speaking with in Buttonwillow, as per Amanda's research? What did he look like? Did he arrive in a car?
3) If Bryce decided to hitch all the way back to Illinois, to see friends / get away / etc., he may not have seen even one flyer or news report. He may not have a real clue that there is such a widespread hunt for him. Following this theoretical tangent of thought, and knowing truck stops are one of the only places of some "refuge" (danger) along the way, have all truck stops between CA and IL posted the flyer?

I know that for missing children, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children can be faxing and emailing photos and description of the missing person to truck stops, stores and other locations within certain geographic regions. I don't know if they would undertake something like this for a missing teen. In some ways, I feel the system is broken - that young adults who go missing do not have a similar messaging system as the Amber Alert system for missing children. Too many are lost, in worst case scenarios, and yet we have to rely on the generosity of billboard companies, social media and our own volunteer feet on the ground with individual search teams to fill the void.

We do our best here at WS, many bright minds and dedicated hearts hard at work, but without a full system behind the effort, nor enough information (as per the questions above) to know which tangent, of many, we should focus on. Sigh. Okay, off the soapbox now...

DRZ, or Caron, any clues to #1 above? TIA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcia.C108