CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!!!....
Well done Amanda and Gitana for the Video and Visit to BW.....and Big Thanks to everyone one else here and everywhere for their involvement into Finding Bryce...
Truly Amazing warriors for the Missing....

I agree with having to sometimes step back a bit and recharge the batteries.....

Had some computer problems then WS broke :/ I've been trying to get online to WS's for what seemed an eternity and them some .... good rest though! :)

Not had anymore communication from any other moderators ,from the Local(Castaic,Valencia,LA,Sierra)Hikers meet ups site....but I know any effort is appreciated :)
If anyone is going to be in touch with this particular site and their many different groups for other Missing Persons, including their Hobbies and not just for searches ,I would reccomend getting a grasp on your inbox of emails/invitations sent out by them to yourself if you have had to join the groups...or else spend lots of time deleting...there are settings in profile though.
Was trying to Find some of the rave/music meet ups in Castaic area...but nothing really as we don't really know what Bryce's Taste in music is ,at the moment!!! apart from one site ,Soundcloud , I found his likelist but have not worked out when This is from.....could be a few yrs old and Bryces taste in music might be different now....
Did find out that Moby had a rave at castaic lake in 1992....old school...lol

Another paying it forward idea was something I saw on the missing FB page for 'Abigail Hernandez'...someone had given up the boot of their 'racecar' for to put up some vinyl signage of Abigail's Missing details , the Man took his car out to some organised racing events ,seen by many...
I thought this was a Brilliant idea ,especially for Dragracerz, and suggested this to him....maybe he can get some of his racing friends to do this at the Race car events....A bigger audience and at different race circuits.
I know the sticky vinyls are not to expensive to get printed but to be honest I wouldn't know if they would be permanent or what!.....Magnets sound good and less sticky.....lol

So everyone....Keep up the good work....and let's all Hope this is the Weekend that Bryce will be back Home ....

Being that there is no real concrete evidence of what happened to Bryce, it is very important to explore all options, hence continuing to follow up on sightings while at the same time the continued search of where his car was found. It is frustrating, and tiring, but the reality is, either option is possible, and until every area has been cleared and all options exhausted, we just don't know. It is all about due diligence and covering ground and finding out where he is not, is actually very important as well, especially in the SAR world.

Well, with WS being down practically all day, I certainly realize how much I missed this board! :winko:

Whiteorchids was asking about the AT&T records. I guess the family was still waiting for a copy of the log from the company, but we know this much: according to Bryce's mother from the John & Ken interview of 9/4/13, she had said this, of the AT&T records: "We verified with AT&T, you know, if anything is deleted. They said nope, it's still in the log. So, there was no suspicious interaction on laptop, telephone, gps--none of it."

(at around 18:35 in the audio)
http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/johnandken.html?article=11628624

I wonder if there was any interactions with anyone through his phone or laptop other than what we know (roadside assistance, his parents). If not, that fact alone shows something very off. Most young adults are very wired nowadays--they have smartphones, laptops or tablets--they text and are online quite frequently--so it says something if for all those many, many "lost hours" on his southbound journey, he talked to no one in his circle of friends. We've learned from WS poster caron, who said her daughter texted him a couple of times after he drove from the Chico apt, that he never responded to her.

Trying to get into BL's head to feel what he might have felt. Did he feel angry and betrayed by Chico friends for telling his mom about him taking the adhd pills? Angry, betrayed...and then, humiliated for having to negotiate with his mom over the phone to get his car keys back? So, then, when he's finally "allowed" to leave the Chico apt, he drove around to try to clear his head, to "blow off steam". And I guess he just kept right on driving...

Was also thinking about the packed clothing in the car, and when he packed it. Could it be that at the time he drove to Chico, he was intending to stay there for a few days through the Labor Day weekend, and packed the clothing for his stay there? I recall he originally had planned to do so. Maybe at the time, he and the gf were not broken up? And so after he left Chico and started driving south, he already had a packed bag of clothing in his car. His roommate had said he was told by Bryce that he would be back on Labor Day. The roommate could be referring to Bryce returning from Chico on Labor Day, maybe, couldn't it? (I wasn't clear on when BL told the roommate this. Is it known if BL went to his Roseville apt after leaving Chico, and before his long southbound journey?)

Anyway...Changing gears, was there supposed to have been a search effort today? If so, whereabouts..and was there anything of note discovered?

Just to let everyone know, I keep a tally and there are over 2100 hits on the three versions of the video, combined.

Deep 12, what a great idea for Bryce with the missing signage on the trunk (boot).

Also, I saw on FB that they now have excellent car magnet signs for Bryce. I;m going to see how I can get one. They just connect to your car with no damage or anything. Just hang there magnetically.

Thanks for the info, Sarx, on why searches continue or are conducted in certain areas. Some people think Bryce never made it out of the lake area alive. Until Bryce is found, if searches in the area are called off, some will never be satisified that he's not there. I suppose that doesn't matter but what does is narrowing the possibilities from an expert search standpoint, I imagine.

I do think he took off on his own to do something else with his life. I don't think in his emotional state he even realized what his disappearance would mean to his parents. If he felt a failure or a disappointment to them, he might feel they are better off without him, if he felt confined by them, he might feel he's escaping.

I was speaking from a mother's perspective of having a missing son, not the son's perspective of leaving for whatever his reasons were. Once again, I don't think he is in his right mind and being logical, therefore, we cannot gauge what he would do based on logical thinking. IMO, MOO, JMO

I've been thinking about all the ramifications of whatever the situation is or turns out to be. The more time that goes by, there's really no overall happy ending (immediate anyway) unless Bryce has been held hostage.

Personally, these days, I'm trying hard to step back and let our son do as he wishes but am also trying to impress upon him what courtesy means. When you're in relationships with other people, especially those who love you, who give of their time, energy and efforts for you, like it or not, you're still under their wing so think about how lucky you are. In other words, you're not the center of the universe whoever you are. Trouble is, to a parent that individual is but can't remain so in the same way as when they were needing you to be in that role. Think of all the kids who really have no one to turn to for whatever reason. So, it would be much better for all participants if simple courtesy was extended.
Whoever said having kids is the be-all and end-all to the total worth of living must have had a pretty close to seemless experience raising their children. Or, maybe times have changed so much we're all sort of lost. Rambling ~

Anyway, my kid is not batting a thousand in this courtesy area. If Bryce is out there and choosing not to contact his parents, he's not batting a gazillion.
If I was going through what B's family is going through, after I got done rejoicing that my son is alive, I'm not sure how I'd feel. In other words, I'd be hurt, sorrowful, sick within my soul and clueless as to how to put humpty-dumpty back together again. The conflicts I have about this situation keep me from feeling a hundred percent of anything.

Picture this, someone is drowning and people are rushing to their rescue in a boat. You're standing on the shore with heightened anticipation that the rescuers will make it in time. They do. Your joy is topped out to the max. No confusion - person drowning, person saved = pure joy.

Some of the missing person cases, when the reasons they're missing become convoluted and unclear, I'm not sure how I feel. When I read other's positive notes and trusting that the reason is because of a head injury (in this case), I ask myself, what's wrong with me? I slip into negative thinking (even when considering B is alive). I mean, the whole situation sucks imo. Also in some cases I've felt or feel as if I've entered a twilight zone of some kind.

If nothing is wrong with his head, emotionally, I would have a hard time with him disappearing if he were my son. However, I think something happened to him mentally, emotionally. Something wasn't right. Therefore, I don't exactly think if he disappeared willingly that he could be found at fault.

The most important thing is to find him. To figure out where he is, then why it happened, and then work on that issue. But first off, he has to be found. IMO.

Update on Find Bryce FB page - thanking the searchers and noting that it is very good news nothing was found during the Castaic search. Slowly but surely eliminating sites from the list. I hope we learn a bit about the exact behavior and words that led to Bryce's keys being taken temporarily. And more about Amanda's search results and overnight stay - above and beyond. Keep the faith!!

That's weird. It must think you are browsing in Europe or somewhere, like me.

If you are using an anonymous browser, that will be the likely problem.

It's sad it has reached the point where there is not much more to say here. I so wish there were some news. I feel so bad for his family.

AmandaFast might be taking a break from here, but Amanda, if you see my question, I was wondering this: You said that Bryce was said to be seen by one of the homeless gentlemen you interviewed talking with another young man he seemed friendly with. Did the homeless man say that the other person was someone he has seen before in town? Wondering if the person BL was talking to could be someone who lives in the Buttonwillow area, and if there's any way he could be identifiable by detectives.

Zweibel!!!! Were you able to view the video on the ABC news link? It should have copyright bars lifted. Also, there's another uploaded to a racing site above that could work!!!

Afraid not. Germany has very strict rules. I am always encountering this problem.

It's sad it has reached the point where there is not much more to say here. I so wish there were some news. I feel so bad for his family.

AmandaFast might be taking a break from here, but Amanda, if you see my question, I was wondering this: You said that Bryce was said to be seen by one of the homeless gentlemen you interviewed talking with another young man he seemed friendly with. Did the homeless man say that the other person was someone he has seen before in town? Wondering if the person BL was talking to could be someone who lives in the Buttonwillow area, and if there's any way he could be identifiable by detectives.
I just read a new FB post from the family last night that the emergency tool was NOT used to break the back window of the vehicle but that it shattered on impact. Don't know if that changes anything.

as this thread gets further and further down the page, I am truly saddened. Amanda, thank you for all your help. I do hope the family reaches out and has thanked you too. If I was closer (in FL) I know I would definitely do my best to be searching, on the lookout etc. I truly believe the answer lies at or near that hotel and I believe Bryce was there, not on a "side street" and I believe drugs are a major factor as well. I could be wrong, but add in the quietness, the unwilling to speculate, etc. what else is there?

I just read a new FB post from the family last night that the emergency tool was NOT used to break the back window of the vehicle but that it shattered on impact. Don't know if that changes anything.

at this point, who knows what is true. I think the emergency tool is a non factor, period.

@gitana :) thankyou

You can get car door magnets from Vista Print...upload sizes are A3- A4 size...prices around $8-18
Maybe you could download one of Bryces posters or get in touch with Brian for his design of car magnet..or design your own....vista print has a template....

I tried to make one up but the resolution from downloaded photographs of Bryce, from FB, are not high enough...
Needs to be 175dpi or more for vista print.

I can't get into WS from my comp at all, so back on the tablet...

Way behind, but wanted to comment on some of these posts first!

snipped for space
One of them claims they saw him sitting on a parking brick and was speaking with another man who he appeared friendly with. I asked if the person appeared to be a service worker or tow truck personnel and they said it no, that it was someone around Bryce's age with also a fair complexion but with darker short hair.

re bold - maybe it was someone from his college in Rocklin? I mentioned this awhile ago...

He may have intended to take some of his belongings with him, up to the crash. The vehicle tumbled down the hill, tossing his possessions around. They would have been thrown around all over the inside of the SUV. Once the vehicle settled, with it being dark, he may have changed his mind about them because he could not find them. It was dark, they could be anywhere. And he just had this loud, horrific crash. Time was no important, he couldn't waste any of it looking around in the dark, pitch black to try to find anything, therefore he decided to get out of the area before the sounds of the crash drew people. This could be the reason he didn't take his wallet or other possessions. IMO

re bold - but if he had opened a door - wouldn't the "light" come on in the car??

BBM
The bag was found "at the rear of the car and zipped open, prompting investigators to suspect he took something from it." No confirmation as to where exactly it was located in relation to the rear of the car. I assume it was sitting in a way in which would not have been consistent with the other items in the tumbled car to make them believe it was accessed following the crash and not just left in his car unzipped prior to the crash. I guess the million dollar question is, what did he take from the bag?

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104116/

flashlight?

snipped for space
I know the situation got screwed up after Wednesday night, but I thought she reported him missing on Thursday because she couldn't contact him and he was supposed to be driving to her house - about a five hour drive away.

Actually from Chico (girlfriend's house) to Laguna Niguel is 526 miles - 7 hours 50 minute drive; from Rocklin (his apt.) to L.N. is 460 miles - 6 hours 42 minute drive.

and I've noticed a few :newbie: s

:welcome4:

back to reading...

From this observation I am just wondering why this homeless person did not call LE and report seeing Bryce. Are there not posters in that town? tia

From this observation I am just wondering why this homeless person did not call LE and report seeing Bryce. Are there not posters in that town? tia

I don't know how many homeless people have phones and I think many probably aren't interested in contacting LE.

This "encounter" happened prior to BL crashing his truck. At that point in time he wasn't missing.

I don't know how many homeless people have phones and I think many probably aren't interested in contacting LE.

We would probably be surprised how many have phones, but I am sure they have access to one. Also he could have called anonymously. Not sure but is there a reward being offered?

He apparently offered the information willingly so I just find it strange. I don't believe just because they are homeless they are not concerned citizens. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston