CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify, we don't know when he got to Buttonwillow, only when he was discovered to be in Buttonwillow. He may have driven directly there from Chico or he may have not gotten there until 9am....or anywhere in between.

That's a really smart catch. You're totally right.

What? Bryce conveniently ran out of gas at a rest stop? Isn't this story a bit ridiculous?
Okay, I'll take a break and think things over. :waitasec::doorhide::chillout::eek:hdear:

Perhaps he was at the rest stop the same way he was at the hotel.

But I've run out of gas a lot. I used to be very bad at estimating how far a tank could get me and I hate to stop. There have been several times that I have run out of gas very close to a gas station.

Interesting study done on Vyanese and suicide.
http://www.ehealthme.com/ds/vyvanse/suicidal+thoughts

http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/125695/143320/vyvanse-devils-adhd/

Caron (verified insider) had mentioned way back that Bryce had taken more than one Vyanese. I'm too tired to look for the post and may have been removed.

My oldest son got addicted to Adderrall while in a college fraternity 10 years ago up North in Sacramento. He graduated HS with high honors and 3.8 GPA. He never did drugs before college. Frat bro introduced him to Adderrall. It made him crazy to say the least and VERY PARANOID!!! I can't tell you how many times cops have called me that he's ended up in the most bizarre places. He never was the same. One time he overturned his Toyota Tacoma truck off of I5 and cops found him swimming in a freezing ice cold lake with all his clothes and shoes on, this was in the winter he was muddy from head to toe and looked like the monster from the blue lagoon. He was high from Adderall and believed he was a navy seal. I rushed him to St Jude ER they admitted him to a psych hospital which has continued 10 years in and out of psych hospitals. He has lost all friends and is not the same person before college. This drug has ruined his life.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm really sorry you went through all that, Whiteorchids. But thank you so much for educating us. I had no idea this drug could affect people in that manner. Kids probably think its harmless. Reading what you wrote, they're very wrong.

How long would an Episode last, If it was the onset of Bi-Polar, Schizophrenia, or Paranoid delusions from ADHD drugs....

Would Bryce be locked in ,so to speak?

Excellent question. We need a psych expert to weight in.

Yes, IMO I think his ex girlfriend was trying to keep him there for the sole purpose of keeping him there.
He did not call his mom, she did.
He tried to break up with her on Tue. that evidently didn't work, Wed was the second time he broke up with her.
Possibly she was having the hard time, thinking she was going to have to move on. I'm sure she thinks she loves him very much and this all has been very hard on her, break ups aren't easy.
Hoping Bryce calls his mom soon and this can all be resolved.
IMO Bryce left on his own and is doing as good as he can be doing.

This seems a bit dismissive of the girlfriend.
"I'm sure she thinks she love him"? These are young adults. Not kindergarteners. And it appears they have been together for a year or so.

You know, all the evidence points to Bryce being the one who was acting irrationally. Not the girlfriend.

JMO
It seems to me that there are certain details that are not being shared or released that would help us try to determine what may have happened to him. It just comes across that way to me, and maybe it is due to frustration in wanting to know much more than what is available.

One of the first things that struck me as wanting to know much more about is the nugget about Bryce needing to talk to his mom about something important.

Surely if your son told you he wanted to talk with you about something important, and under the circumstances he was in, wouldn't you at the very least demand him to at least provide you with the "subject" of the needed discussion.
Once you knew what he wanted to talk about, then you may say we can discuss it further when you arrive and we can meet. But I just dont see how that discussion was left with the mystery of the subject if it was important to him.

Its things like this about this case that makes me think we just have pieces of the puzzle.

I'm not sure how knowing intimate details about what his loved ones knew will help us find him.

Ya know I never really gave it much thought but now that you mention it, it seems VERY strange. IIRC there are several gas stations in the area so why not just get gas? Why call for roadside assistance? Am I missing something?

The rest stop is about 8 miles from the Next gas station. The facts suggest he ran out of gas, was brought some gas and then drove to the next gas station he came upon, which is where the hotels are.

I don't think Bryce's girlfriend took his keys away because he broke up with her and she wanted to keep him there. I believe he was acting odd, agitated and aggressive. I believe (MOO) that he took more than "just one pill" and I believe it wasn't just what he said he took. It makes sense to me that Bryce may have been able to convince mom that he was better off than his girlfriend thought he was and his mom, knowing they couldn't physically keep him at the apartment without calling the police, asked her to give him the keys back so he could go back to his apartment and they could talk the following day.

From what I understand, his girlfriend has told several people what happened with Bryce in the days leading up to his disappearance. The reason we aren't hearing what happened is because his family doesn't want that information released. (I don't think they wanted the break up information released but KS told a verified insider and so we now have that information.)

LE has released very little information to date regarding Bryce's disappearance and therefore all that we know we have received from family (either directly on here or through MSM.) They call the shots on what information is released and what isn't. We have to do the best that we can to possibly help Bryce and the family with the (sometimes spotty) information that we have.

I think everyone (roommate, girlfriend, parents, family, etc.) really have Bryce's best interest at heart and did what they felt was the right thing to help Bryce in the days leading up to his disappearance and after. MOO

Thank you!

How long would an Episode last, If it was the onset of Bi-Polar, Schizophrenia, or Paranoid delusions from ADHD drugs....

An episode would last until he sought treatment. The longer a mental health patient goes with out treatment the worse they become. My son was catatonic after 4 mos. (schizophrenic) also as their condition worsens, so does their chances of coming fully out of the episode. Each time my son goes off his meds, he gets worse and worse, even while on medication. Jmo

My father had paranoid schizophrenia. He had the usual late-teen onset at around the same age that Bryce is (age 19).

There was a long period of time (years) where he worked at a high-functioning job and carried on with life as usual--going to school, buying a home, raising a family, etc.

Prior to Daddy finally being committed to a state hospital (mental institution) and treated constantly under heavy supervision for his condition, he was treated in an out-patient capacity. From his late teens until he finally began treatment in his thirties, everyone just considered him to be a bit eccentric. The out-patient treatment did not begin until he was in his mid to late thirties when he began having serious and dangerous periodic psychotic "breaks."

These "breaks" would last for an indefinite amount of time and typically did not resolve until Daddy was medicated. He would have periods of being quite lucid during these "breaks" and at other times would be completely out of it. It would sometimes take quite a while (days to weeks to months) to convince him to see his out-patient mental health provider during these "breaks."

If, in fact, Bryce is suffering some sort of mental "break," I believe it is possible that he could have carried on short, and even sometimes lengthy conversations with someone, including his mother, and seem to be apparently "normal." Only on reflection, would there be signs that something was just a little bit off in the conversations. He might have said something that on the surface and at the time seemed to be appropriate but in retrospect just didn't make sense.

One description that my father's psychiatrist used when trying to explain his illness to me was that Daddy's behavior, thought processes and conversations were "ill-logically logical." They were logical to Daddy but when truly examined by someone not suffering with the same diagnosis, they were totally ill-logical.

We may be trying to make sense out of the things that Bryce has done when it is simply impossible for us to do so--things that made/make sense to Bryce, but are nonsensical to us.

Ill-logically logical.

In the below John and Ken interview at approximately 17:52 KL talks about the card in his glove box that he used to call for roadside assistance. Sounds like it wasn't AAA but perhaps something they have through their automobile insurance company.

http://www.kfiam640.com/articles/local-news-465708/castaic-body-update-11628535/

I don't understand. Was the body not Bryce? Because that is good news for his parents. Unfortuntaely somebody did burn. It's really sad.

Edit: I found another link with a date, so I realize the burning body is old news.

Of course they are concerned citizens. But many have a serious distrust of LE.

Mom spoke to him and them and then said to give his keys back so yes, we know. And the girlfriend is 100% devastated and constantly pining for Bryce. I hate to see any suspicion toward someone who clearly loves him so much.

But mom didn't alert LE or ask the service guy to check in Bryce until AFTER the key incident. Clearly, he convinced her then but once she found out he was in Buttonwilliw and not his apt, I think she began to freak and the key issue then took on greater significance.

Bruce convinced LE and the roadside guy that he was ok. I think he could hold it together for short periods at that moment.

First of all I never said she was suspicious!
Second if MOM felt he was ok and that he should have his keys bACK there IS a major discrepancy over what his friends were saying and what B was telling his mom.
LE and the roadside guy said he was fine...Sooooo as I said go back to the beginning that was where the problem was.

I would just like to know what the real problem was and if it was Bryce that was the problem or the friends!

And I don't believe anyone 100 percent till the case is solved.

JMO

I don't think he was high and I do not think he was drunk they would not have returned the keys if that was the case!
jmo

He maybe wanted out of his life...
I don't think he is mentally ill or suicidal because he did tell his mom they needed to talk he had a plan and as I see it it did not include any of his friends. Maybe hus friends wanted to stop him..that they felt it was a bad decision but it seems this young man had other plans.

Could any of his friends that were so worried about him that they took his keys have followed him when he left?

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd we haven't heard much from his friends? Considering how young people are so prevalent on social media, we haven't heard many personal pleas from the people closest to Bryce other than his family.

I get the impression the family is "muzzling" KS and possibly others. KS the first week was trying very hard to help and going interviews and making pleas. Then she made the find Bryce fb and was giving out some info the family didn't want out so KL took it over and cleaned it up. Then almost immediately after Brian took control of it.

Ever since the FB was taken away from Kim she stopped giving interviews and such. However I know she's discussed the case in private with many people who have contacted her because at least 3 have told me as such. Kim truly wants him to be found and wants to give out as much info as possible but the family is trying to keep his privacy.

Remember that KS was the one who disclosed the info about the Vyvanse not the family. I'm sure if it was there choice it wouldn't be disclosed.

While I understand the desire to keep certain things private, I also know every possible detail can help open the case wide open. I truly think that every conversation in the 24 hours prior to his leaving college thru the time he went missing is crucial.

A lot of people have said that this information is private and non pertinent and that they were sure police were given this info. Police rarely have time to investigate missing persons that don't have foul play involved. He is over the age of 18 and unless they think he's been taken against his will there is no reason for them to spend the time and money to find someone who likely doesn't want to be found. The only difference between this usually stance police or investigators take and Bryce's situation is his car. There was suspicious circumstances that lead them to believe that he deserved the departments full attention.

Now that they've concluded he's left the area for them it likely went into a huge stack of unfortunate missing persons. Adult missing person cases are the hardest to solve.

The other thing I wanted to mention was a few people said on here they didn't think he ran off because no ones spotted him. He could even go unnoticed in the same area of Castaic by simply dying or evening shaving his head. Once he left castaic it was very easy to go unnoticed. Many people do not watch or read the news and flyers are in limited areas making it very easy to go undetected.

At this point the only way this case is going to be likely solved is by a citizen either spotting him or coming up with a scenario that leads to him being found. Without any new information we dont have enough information to really come up with a solid scenario and I'm inclined to truly believe the information that could lead to him being found is out there. It's all just a matter of who is holding onto these missing puzzle pieces and whether or not these puzzle pieces will be thrown in the mix.

Sometimes now I believe the family may have thought he purposely went missing from day 1 intentionally. If they would have said such a thing or disclosed information that made people believe such a thing no one would search for their dear son. If they did chose to do such a thing, as a mother, I understand the need to do anything to get your child home again. It just seems like the list of questions I made a while back could easily be answered by the family and have been avoided during interviews and on here as well as FB. That all again leads me to believe they think those answers could harm the communities help.

At this point the volunteer count is a handful at best and people are moving on. I want so bad for him to be found no matter the circumstances surrounding his disappearance but I just don't think this will happen without more transparency from those who could divulege pertinent info that could help solve this.

Sorry for the long post but I'm trying to put a few days of thoughts into one post!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I get the impression the family is "muzzling" KS and possibly others. KS the first week was trying very hard to help and going interviews and making pleas. Then she made the find Bryce fb and was giving out some info the family didn't want out so KL took it over and cleaned it up. Then almost immediately after Brian took control of it.

Ever since the FB was taken away from Kim she stopped giving interviews and such. However I know she's discussed the case in private with many people who have contacted her because at least 3 have told me as such. Kim truly wants him to be found and wants to give out as much info as possible but the family is trying to keep his privacy.

Remember that KS was the one who disclosed the info about the Vyvanse not the family. I'm sure if it was there choice it wouldn't be disclosed.

While I understand the desire to keep certain things private, I also know every possible detail can help open the case wide open. I truly think that every conversation in the 24 hours prior to his leaving college thru the time he went missing is crucial.

A lot of people have said that this information is private and non pertinent and that they were sure police were given this info. Police rarely have time to investigate missing persons that don't have foul play involved. He is over the age of 18 and unless they think he's been taken against his will there is no reason for them to spend the time and money to find someone who likely doesn't want to be found. The only difference between this usually stance police or investigators take and Bryce's situation is his car. There was suspicious circumstances that lead them to believe that he deserved the departments full attention.

Now that they've concluded he's left the area for them it likely went into a huge stack of unfortunate missing persons. Adult missing person cases are the hardest to solve.

Sometimes now I believe the family may have thought he purposely went missing from day 1 intentionally. If they would have said such a thing or disclosed information that made people believe such a thing no one would search for their dear son. If they did chose to do such a thing, as a mother, I understand the need to do anything to get your child home again. It just seems like the list of questions I made a while back could easily be answered by the family and have been avoided during interviews and on here as well as FB. That all again leads me to believe they think those answers could harm the communities help.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Snipped and BBM. I concur with everything you've said Amanda especially the bolded parts.

As you said, the family may have been afraid to release certain things because people would come to the conclusion that Bryce left on his own and they won't search for him.

However, by holding certain things back, people start to see pieces of the story missing and realize that they're not being told everything as we can see has happened here. It's a quick jump to starting to think that Bryce did leave on his own and the missing pieces that the family is not revealing point to that.

IDK, it's a catch-22 for the family IMO. Tell or don't tell? I personally would spill it all, but that's just me. Privacy, pride, whatever - don't mean a thing if you don't have your loved one back. (I don't mean that to be harsh, I can't even imagine how agonizing for the family it must be and I'm not in their shoes, just stating what I would do).

The privacy factor may be more complicated when the missing person is legally an adult, I guess. How much to reveal, etc.

....snipped....

I'm not sure how knowing intimate details about what his loved ones knew will help us find him.

......snipped.....

The phrase he allegedly used was "IMPORTANT", so it is important and could provide a vital clue as to what happened. He could have said something very critical, like the example I provided before where he may have said he had a gambling problem and lost his keys to the truck in a poker hand bet. <<< just an example.

IMO, All his actions and behaviors and ANYTHING he said in the hours before his disappearance are CRITICAL. Especially if he prefaced it with "important".

If nobody knows, that is fine. But if someone knows, I would sure hope they would share it with LE at a minimum. The people that are helping try to find him need every piece of information they can get regarding his prior actions and things he said. They are ALL clues to help find him.

:gthanks:

:loveyou: Thank you AmandaFast for all your dedication to this case, posts that keep us updated, and the Button Willow trip.
Your hard work has not gone unnoticed. I truly appreciate the honesty in your posts. You are an asset to WS.
:loveyou:

.....snipped.....

....snipped......

I totally agree. Everything is important because you never know what piece of information may end up being that vital piece of information that breaks a case and ends up finding him.

There are many examples where a piece of information that doesnt sound important becomes the KEY to solving the case. That is why IMO everything should be shared with LE and the people who are helping to find him.

Although I would say maybe even 3 days prior or even further back could also be important.

JMO
After learning much more about this case in the last couple weeks, I still am not ruling out drowning in the lake as a possibility (either injury caused or purposeful or malicious by others). We know he drived back and forth to the lake at least a couple times, so some of the dog scent trails may have even been from when he drove back and forth, so I dont outrule lake drowning as one possible scenerio. Or even as we discussed before , that someone may have had one of his garments on, and the dogs picked up this other person wearing his garment when walking. Maybe even the person did it on purpose knowing dog searches would probably be used.

Nobody wants that to be the outcome, but until he is found, that remains on my list as a possibility. That lake is so deep, it is very tough to search underwater and he could have been easily missed. Especially if he floated out deeper with boat traffic helping to move him down the relatively steep slope which seemed to show on the Topo map near where his truck was.

If I had to put a percentage of theory. IMO, I would say 60/40 , with 40 % chance he may be in the lake.

Interesting study done on Vyanese and suicide.
http://www.ehealthme.com/ds/vyvanse/suicidal+thoughts

http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/125695/143320/vyvanse-devils-adhd/

Caron (verified insider) had mentioned way back that Bryce had taken more than one Vyanese. I'm too tired to look for the post and may have been removed.

My oldest son got addicted to Adderrall while in a college fraternity 10 years ago up North in Sacramento. He graduated HS with high honors and 3.8 GPA. He never did drugs before college. Frat bro introduced him to Adderrall. It made him crazy to say the least and VERY PARANOID!!! I can't tell you how many times cops have called me that he's ended up in the most bizarre places. He never was the same. One time he overturned his Toyota Tacoma truck off of I5 and cops found him swimming in a freezing ice cold lake with all his clothes and shoes on, this was in the winter he was muddy from head to toe and looked like the monster from the blue lagoon. He was high from Adderall and believed he was a navy seal. I rushed him to St Jude ER they admitted him to a psych hospital which has continued 10 years in and out of psych hospitals. He has lost all friends and is not the same person before college. This drug has ruined his life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am so sorry about your son, but thank you so much for sharing the dangers of these types of drugs. They are very serious drugs and are not to ever be taken lightly or without doctors supervision.

The bolded areas above, and especially the last 2 bolded area sounds like a very valid possibility of what could have happened in this case.

Bryce seems to have begun to lose friends. Remember the one ex-roomate who even said he had a falling out with him, and the other friends who took away his keys. These are signs of his relationship with his friends going south.
ETA. And he said he was breaking up with his girlfriend too.

The Lake story sounds like it could have been a possibility in this case. We dont know for sure, but just wanted to bring attention to this post again, as it seems a valid possibility based on what little we know so far.

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd we haven't heard much from his friends? Considering how young people are so prevalent on social media, we haven't heard many personal pleas from the people closest to Bryce other than his family.
I think it is VERY odd we haven't heard anything from the friends either by way of first-hand information or through rumor and/or school scuttlebutt. I have thought since very early on the roomie has the answers but that's just my personal opinion.

We know the family didn't want the drug use and conviction brought out in the open. I suppose as a mom I wouldn't either. If people thought a 19 year old drug user was missing on his own the family most certainly wouldn't be getting near the amount of support and volunteers. Or perhaps the family is in complete denial as to the extent of his drug use. I was completely surprised to find out my own sons pot use. I knew he dabbled but prior to enlisting he fessed up and I was shocked!

Bryce reminds me so much of my own son. Basically a really good kid that has done some really dumb things. Fortunately for my son his own stupidity has only resulted in some high dollar speeding tickets :). My son has also been very open with me, however, if he said he wanted to talk to me about some really important things I for one would not push the issue on the phone for fear of him changing his mind. As much as I would want details immediately I know I would have to wait until he is good and ready to talk or the opportunity might be lost. IMO young men aren't as forthcoming with their parents as we would like. At 19 it's a very odd and difficult age for them. They want to be grown up and independent but don't have the means to do so.

I guess the point of my rambling post is this: the answers we need are with the friend(s). Unless and until they're ready to talk we are stuck! IMO

I'm more 50/50. I was told a piece of information that I can't discuss because it is considered here say. Unfortunately, this piece of evidence (if true) would mend itself to the 50% we don't want it to be.

On the flip side, if he left the area I'm inclined to believe he got into a vehicle by the shopping center. IMO he just wanted out of his current life and didn't know how to change it without making a complete break. IIRC Amanda said he spent time talking to a homeless teen in Buttonwillow (do I have that right?)...maybe he was picking his brain on what it's like to be homeless and how to do it. Sometimes people just crack under the pressure of how they're supposed to be and just need to fall off the radar. I hope this is the case and that he will surface when he's ready.

I'm more 50/50. I was told a piece of information that I can't discuss because it is considered here say. Unfortunately, this piece of evidence (if true) would mend itself to the 50% we don't want it to be.

On the flip side, if he left the area I'm inclined to believe he got into a vehicle by the shopping center. IMO he just wanted out of his current life and didn't know how to change it without making a complete break. IIRC Amanda said he spent time talking to a homeless teen in Buttonwillow (do I have that right?)...maybe he was picking his brain on what it's like to be homeless and how to do it. Sometimes people just crack under the pressure of how they're supposed to be and just need to fall off the radar. I hope this is the case and that he will surface when he's ready.

I struggle a lot thinking about the lake being right there, and the first SAR dog search that showed a trail going directly into the water from the vehicle.
I keep flip flopping on 60/40 with lake being either 60% or 40% chance.

I think I am still in flip/flopping mode...LOL

I will never just discard that first dog SAR search, as when I had my bird dog (Brittany Spaniel), he did amazing things with his nose, and I am convinced that all dogs with a good nose can do amazing things.

In the below John and Ken interview at approximately 17:52 KL talks about the card in his glove box that he used to call for roadside assistance. Sounds like it wasn't AAA but perhaps something they have through their automobile insurance company.

http://www.kfiam640.com/articles/local-news-465708/castaic-body-update-11628535/

My ears make out KL saying State Farm in that John & Ken radio interview. She said, "Well, it's the first time Bryce..I was actually amazed that he was smart enough to know to look in the glove compartment and get the State Farm, uh, you know..thing out to know to call for roadside assistance to get gas."

Made me smile a sad smile. Such a "mom thing" to say...I could see myself saying something like that (about my own kids). Happy and proud that he was able to handle himself in that normal kind of circumstance (running out of gas)...until reality hits you again, that with everything else that led up to it and with him now missing--it is anything but normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc