CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A survey was put out that quickly? To someone other than the driver?
I'm confused. Anyway I hope they got a 'C' grade at best considering it took them three hours to deliver the gas. Seems like a long time to have to wait.

I'm sure the survey goes to the account holder and I would think he is on his parents AAA account (I know I was at that age). I'm sure it's a general, automated survey and those are often sent out as soon as the "ticket" is closed.

What? Bryce conveniently ran out of gas at a rest stop? Isn't this story a bit ridiculous?
Okay, I'll take a break and think things over. :waitasec::doorhide::chillout::eek:hdear:

I know what you mean. I can't shake the fact that this whole story is so much like one a kid would tell.

And we'd be like, "But what? ... But where? That doesn't make sense."

It's frustrating and I feel like the rate at which we're getting new info has slowed down dramatically.

Interesting study done on Vyanese and suicide.
http://www.ehealthme.com/ds/vyvanse/suicidal+thoughts

http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/125695/143320/vyvanse-devils-adhd/

Caron (verified insider) had mentioned way back that Bryce had taken more than one Vyanese. I'm too tired to look for the post and may have been removed.

My oldest son got addicted to Adderrall while in a college fraternity 10 years ago up North in Sacramento. He graduated HS with high honors and 3.8 GPA. He never did drugs before college. Frat bro introduced him to Adderrall. It made him crazy to say the least and VERY PARANOID!!! I can't tell you how many times cops have called me that he's ended up in the most bizarre places. He never was the same. One time he overturned his Toyota Tacoma truck off of I5 and cops found him swimming in a freezing ice cold lake with all his clothes and shoes on, this was in the winter he was muddy from head to toe and looked like the monster from the blue lagoon. He was high from Adderall and believed he was a navy seal. I rushed him to St Jude ER they admitted him to a psych hospital which has continued 10 years in and out of psych hospitals. He has lost all friends and is not the same person before college. This drug has ruined his life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A survey was put out that quickly? To someone other than the driver?
I'm confused. Anyway I hope they got a 'C' grade at best considering it took them three hours to deliver the gas. Seems like a long time to have to wait.

I agree. 3 hours seemed to be a long time considering Buttonwillow isn't that far from the rest area. I do remember something about that first time Christain showed up, Bryce was not near the car.

The survey was done by phone to the card holder. I guess it wasn't AAA. That's what we have and my doofus husband ran out of gas two hours ago, didn't have his phone, had to go to a store to call roadside assistance to bring him gas. They gave him 1 gallon cuz he was close to the gas station he was headed for. They didn't charge him anything. We have Premier Service though.

I don't know what company they have. I'll wait to see if we get a survey call.

Interesting study done on Vyanese and suicide.
http://www.ehealthme.com/ds/vyvanse/suicidal+thoughts

http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/125695/143320/vyvanse-devils-adhd/

Caron (verified insider) had mentioned way back that Bryce had taken more than one Vyanese. I'm too tired to look for the post and may have been removed.

My oldest son got addicted to Adderrall while in a college fraternity 10 years ago up North in Sacramento. He graduated HS with high honors and 3.8 GPA. He never did drugs before college. Frat bro introduced him to Adderrall. It made him crazy to say the least and VERY PARANOID!!! I can't tell you how many times cops have called me that he's ended up in the most bizarre places. He Never was the same. One time he overturned his Toyota Tacoma truck off of I5 and cops found him swimming in a freezing ice cold lake with all his clothes and shoes on, this was in the winter he was muddy from head to toe and looked like the monster from the blue lagoon. He was high from Adderall and believed he was a navy seal. I rushed him to St Jude ER they admitted him to a psych hospital which has continued 10 years in and out of psych hospitals. He has lost all friends and is not the same person before college. This drug has ruined his life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for giving us your personal experience. I know these things are hard to go through, and harder to talk about, so I admire that you are willing to share your painful experience with us so that we can understand the use of Vyvanse better. :hugs:

How long would an Episode last, If it was the onset of Bi-Polar, Schizophrenia, or Paranoid delusions from ADHD drugs....

Would Bryce be locked in ,so to speak?

I'm guessing Bryce.

Do you think his girlfriend was trying to keep him there for the sole purpose of keeping him there? And he called his mom?
It's possible but why would he go to see her in person in the first place then?
When you're the one breaking up, usually you're the aloof one - the one having the easy time moving on.
Maybe he was telling her he'd kill himself if they really broke up.

These confusing reasons are why it would be good to know the honest truth. We've all probably had embarrassing experiences surrounding break-ups in our youth and twenties. Like Oprah did, I never chased after or grabbed onto a boy's car, but I did hang out outside where one lived once making a foul of myself. Oh, the agony I felt then and now just thinking about it! lol!

What is the big secret surrounding Bryce's reality during those few days?

Yes, IMO I think his ex girlfriend was trying to keep him there for the sole purpose of keeping him there.
He did not call his mom, she did.
He tried to break up with her on Tue. that evidently didn't work, Wed was the second time he broke up with her.
Possibly she was having the hard time, thinking she was going to have to move on. I'm sure she thinks she loves him very much and this all has been very hard on her, break ups aren't easy.
Hoping Bryce calls his mom soon and this can all be resolved.
IMO Bryce left on his own and is doing as good as he can be doing.

I know what you mean. I can't shake the fact that this whole story is so much like one a kid would tell.

And we'd be like, "But what? ... But where? That doesn't make sense."

It's frustrating and I feel like the rate at which we're getting new info has slowed down dramatically.

JMO
It seems to me that there are certain details that are not being shared or released that would help us try to determine what may have happened to him. It just comes across that way to me, and maybe it is due to frustration in wanting to know much more than what is available.

One of the first things that struck me as wanting to know much more about is the nugget about Bryce needing to talk to his mom about something important.

Surely if your son told you he wanted to talk with you about something important, and under the circumstances he was in, wouldn't you at the very least demand him to at least provide you with the "subject" of the needed discussion.
Once you knew what he wanted to talk about, then you may say we can discuss it further when you arrive and we can meet. But I just dont see how that discussion was left with the mystery of the subject if it was important to him.

Its things like this about this case that makes me think we just have pieces of the puzzle.

JMO
It seems to me that there are certain details that are not being shared or released that would help us try to determine what may have happened to him. It just comes across that way to me, and maybe it is due to frustration in wanting to know much more than what is available.

One of the first things that struck me as wanting to know much more about is the nugget about Bryce needing to talk to his mom about something important.

Surely if your son told you he wanted to talk with you about something important, and under the circumstances he was in, wouldn't you at the very least demand him to at least provide you with the "subject" of the needed discussion.
Once you knew what he wanted to talk about, then you may say we can discuss it further when you arrive and we can meet. But I just dont see how that discussion was left with the mystery of the subject if it was important to him.

Its things like this about this case that makes me think we just have pieces of the puzzle.

With boys, I don't see that happening. If he said "It's about school" to which she would say "What about it?" Then he would find himself discussing it over the phone with her which he had made apparent he didn't want to do. Or at least not in front of his friends. He probably knew if he told her anything, he'd end up having to tell her all right then and there.

He had been open with his mother and told her he was going to break up with his girlfriend and then again that he had. So he was open to that, but something else was important and he wasn't ready to tell her yet. IMO

What? Bryce conveniently ran out of gas at a rest stop? Isn't this story a bit ridiculous?
Okay, I'll take a break and think things over. :waitasec::doorhide::chillout::eek:hdear:
Ya know I never really gave it much thought but now that you mention it, it seems VERY strange. IIRC there are several gas stations in the area so why not just get gas? Why call for roadside assistance? Am I missing something?

I agree. 3 hours seemed to be a long time considering Buttonwillow isn't that far from the rest area. I do remember something about that first time Christain showed up, Bryce was not near the car.

The survey was done by phone to the card holder. I guess it wasn't AAA. That's what we have and my doofus husband ran out of gas two hours ago, didn't have his phone, had to go to a store to call roadside assistance to bring him gas. They gave him 1 gallon cuz he was close to the gas station he was headed for. They didn't charge him anything. We have Premier Service though.

I don't know what company they have. I'll wait to see if we get a survey call.

In the below John and Ken interview at approximately 17:52 KL talks about the card in his glove box that he used to call for roadside assistance. Sounds like it wasn't AAA but perhaps something they have through their automobile insurance company.

http://www.kfiam640.com/articles/local-news-465708/castaic-body-update-11628535/

Ya know I never really gave it much thought but now that you mention it, it seems VERY strange. IIRC there are several gas stations in the area so why not just get gas? Why call for roadside assistance? Am I missing something?

People (including Dragracerz) have theorized that he was sitting in his car with the air conditioner/car running until he ran out of gas (possibly sleeping.) It was extremely hot that week.

It is possible that he pulled in the rest stop and was going to get some sleep, had his SUV running with the air on, it was hot as blazes here at that time, ran out of gas.
This might be the unaccounted time from when he left Chico, he was sleeping for a few hours.

With boys, I don't see that happening. If he said "It's about school" to which she would say "What about it?" Then he would find himself discussing it over the phone with her which he had made apparent he didn't want to do. Or at least not in front of his friends. He probably knew if he told her anything, he'd end up having to tell her all right then and there.

He had been open with his mother and told her he was going to break up with his girlfriend and then again that he had. So he was open to that, but something else was important and he wasn't ready to tell her yet. IMO

I have to respectively disagree because there were numerous phone calls made and the last couple of calls were when he was by himself in the truck and things were taking a turn for the worst like running out of gas, etc.

Surely, at some point you would ask him what is the subject of what we need to talk about that is so important. I know everyone is different, but I know I would not let one of my kids off the hook with a bombshell like that without at least getting the subject matter.

I don't think Bryce's girlfriend took his keys away because he broke up with her and she wanted to keep him there. I believe he was acting odd, agitated and aggressive. I believe (MOO) that he took more than "just one pill" and I believe it wasn't just what he said he took. It makes sense to me that Bryce may have been able to convince mom that he was better off than his girlfriend thought he was and his mom, knowing they couldn't physically keep him at the apartment without calling the police, asked her to give him the keys back so he could go back to his apartment and they could talk the following day.

From what I understand, his girlfriend has told several people what happened with Bryce in the days leading up to his disappearance. The reason we aren't hearing what happened is because his family doesn't want that information released. (I don't think they wanted the break up information released but KS told a verified insider and so we now have that information.)

LE has released very little information to date regarding Bryce's disappearance and therefore all that we know we have received from family (either directly on here or through MSM.) They call the shots on what information is released and what isn't. We have to do the best that we can to possibly help Bryce and the family with the (sometimes spotty) information that we have.

I think everyone (roommate, girlfriend, parents, family, etc.) really have Bryce's best interest at heart and did what they felt was the right thing to help Bryce in the days leading up to his disappearance and after. MOO

Why keep the circumstances of their break-up under wraps then?
I realize every kid/person is not a liar. By the time I was nineteen, I wasn't.
When trying to get away with more when underage, I told a few - going to library etc.
Li-brary - lol!
Anyway, are peeps trying to misunderstand my posts. I'd rather read a straight reply as to
what was actually going on in Bryce's young life when he disappeared. I don't consider either him or his parents to be villains but, like me and son, I'm sure they're not perfect either.
Why does the tone around here seem to be defensive?
No defensive here. I was just pointing out that where you might get good information from your kids friends, not everyone does. You know, two sides to every theory....

I have to respectively disagree because there were numerous phone calls made and the last couple of calls were when he was by himself in the truck and things were taking a turn for the worst like running out of gas, etc.

Surely, at some point you would ask him what is the subject of what we need to talk about that is so important. I know everyone is different, but I know I would not let one of my kids off the hook with a bombshell like that without at least getting the subject matter.

Exactly, he wasn't going to get away with dropping a bombshell like that, so he didn't. He did not tell her. We know this because she has no clue as to what he wanted to tell her. She said that in interviews. He just said I have a lot to talk about. Even had she asked him, he may have said, I'll tell you later, being unwilling to tell her then. And during the time he was on the road and they talked, she asked him what he was doing and he said he was going to hang out with friends later. He still wasn't forthcoming with what he wanted to tell her about. And we don't know if at that point she did ask him and he once again told her he didn't want to get into it yet. They did talk a few times, when roadside assistance got ahold of him, when Kern County Sheriffs went after him. She doesn't know what he wanted to talk to her about because he still hadn't said, even if she asked him. IMO.

How long would an Episode last, If it was the onset of Bi-Polar, Schizophrenia, or Paranoid delusions from ADHD drugs....

Would Bryce be locked in ,so to speak?

Yes, Yes, Yes and for awhile I suppose.

I've not heard of Whiteorchid's son's outcome before and am sorry to hear that happened to him. It sounds as if he may have taken a high dosage over a long period of time.
On the other hand, everyone is different. For instance, if I take benadryl for allergy, the next day I feel all edgy and sort of tingly which is why I never take it. Last spring, I had an allergy attack and didn't have anything else on hand so I took one benadryl so I could get to sleep. The next day I experienced that same edgy feeling - like a weird kind of hangover. Don't know what would happen if I took more than one for several days in a row.

No defensive here. I was just pointing out that where you might get good information from your kids friends, not everyone does. You know, two sides to every theory....

I understand but do you know Bryce? You don't have to answer that but my point is, we don't know his usual way of being.
For example, he had a drug charge awhile back. Did he come home everyday and tell his parents that he likes getting high, that he smoked pot today? Unlikely. Did he inform them where he acquired the pot? Unlikely.
What I'm trying to express is, even husbands and wives don't always tell each other everything they think and/or do. So when a kid turns eighteen, he may not want to tell his parents everything anymore even if he used to.

Wait, I thought you were saying you're daughter is an open book.
Yes I've gotten good info from a few of my son's friends. I don't mean tattletale type stuff - just them offering up experiences they've shared and advice they gave him to help mend his broken heart. Stuff he'd never share with me. Info that comforted me knowing he had friends he could turn to and it became clear to me that he had. A comment that he had been a good friend, etc. Just insight into his behavior outside of our house where he resorts to being a big kid.
I'm not suggesting everyone's the same but I wouldn't ignore the friends either.
Okay bluntness here, I'm not sensing Bryce is an angel, innocent and all that. From what I've seen, I don't believe that he always was/is. Most kids his age aren't. But, I've been getting the impression peeps want us to believe Bryce is something that he's not and that's not painting a true picture of what trouble he may be in.
Even if his friends rejected him, there may be a message there. Hope I'm making sense. It's late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopy22192