CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gitana1

How many hits does the video have at this point? I have re-posted it a couple of places.

Bryce would have to be mentally disturbed in some way, if he would allow his parents to endure not knowing for so long, as well as incur expenses, seek help in searching, obtaining billboards, etc...a missing family member consumes the remaining family members. I can see maybe letting a few days pass, out of embarrassment, but not two months and counting.

But Kids run away every day! Many never return home!
We don't know what this young mans life is like all we know is what we are being told! If he could he might paint a very different picture.
Maybe he wanted to go back where he came from!
Could be he wanted to leave school for a while.
there are so many what if's!

I'm having a really hard time believing that Bryce is dead. I'm having a really hard time reading that Bryce is dead.

I guess somewhere in me, I have to accept that it's a possibility, but I'm not there yet.

I believed Dylan Redwine was alive for 6 months when in fact he was dead. I keep trying ot remember that so I don't make the same mistake again, but frankly, it hurts my heart to read the speculation that he's dead.

With that 16 hours in Buttonwillow, I'm thinking instead of him walking out of Castaic park to the roads outside of it and getting in a car with a stranger who murdered him, he got in a car with someone he had arranged to pick him up while he was in Buttonwillow.

It doesn't answer for this many weeks later he still hasn't surfaced, but I'm a glass half full kinda girl. I'm hoping for the best. It doesn't seem like he would do this to his parents though. But something happened. He did something that got him where he is now. He evaded his mother's phone calls all day until he was forced to call her. Why did he do that? What else is he capable of doing? Something was wrong with that whole trip, starting with not letting anyone know where he was going, to avoiding talking to his mother, to it taking so long to get down south, to the crash. IMO

See this is why I like this forum, all the different views. I've felt from very early on that Bryce is deceased and to be honest that's my gut reaction on most cases I follow here. It's not nice to say, so I try to refrain from posting over and over to say the same thing, but 9/10 as soon as I get a bit of background on a case, I tend to assume they're dead. I suppose I am a fairly negative person, and I have been proved wrong on a few occasions, but generally I do not look positively on these stories. That's not to say I give up hope though, as it says below my name 'hope dies last', so you never give up on that.

Like I say though, that's why I like the place - it's great that some people can be so certain of a positive outcome. And I certainly hope in this case that you're right!

Bryce would have to be mentally disturbed in some way, if he would allow his parents to endure not knowing for so long, as well as incur expenses, seek help in searching, obtaining billboards, etc...a missing family member consumes the remaining family members. I can see maybe letting a few days pass, out of embarrassment, but not two months and counting.

I agree, I think that would be a very cruel thing to do and, having learned about the sort of person Bryce is, it seems he'd definitely have to have had some sort of episode to do this to his loved ones.

I wonder if his parents could buy local airtime for a thirty second or so video commercial to show on stations in the area for a period of time, a week or whatever, like politicians do. Just to try to make sure as many of people in the surrounding towns as possible are aware. Not even sure if this is possible.

I think it would be possible, since I think, anyone who has the money can air a commercial (as long as it's appropriate for TV). However, can they afford the cost? I'm guessing one that only airs locally wouldn't be super expensive, but it still has to be thousands of dollars. I'm in Iowa, and they had a local commercial done for Elizabeth and Lyric (It was done with the help of the local media, so I don't think the families paid for it) and I saw it frequently.

When you pay for a commercial, how does it work? Is it more money to have it air on multiple channels? And I'm guessing depending on the ratings of the show will determine the cost? Do you have to pay every time it airs? I feel like the fact we've never seen this done in any other case might mean the total cost is astronomical.

I think it would be possible, since I think, anyone who has the money can air a commercial (as long as it's appropriate for TV). However, can they afford the cost? I'm guessing one that only airs locally wouldn't be super expensive, but it still has to be thousands of dollars. I'm in Iowa, and they had a local commercial done for Elizabeth and Lyric (It was done with the help of the local media, so I don't think the families paid for it) and I saw it frequently.

When you pay for a commercial, how does it work? Is it more money to have it air on multiple channels? And I'm guessing depending on the ratings of the show will determine the cost? Do you have to pay every time it airs? I feel like the fact we've never seen this done in any other case might mean the total cost is astronomical.

I purchased air time in my work years ago. I bought a certain number of spots (chosing air time blocks it would appear in) with a local cable provider and it appeared on those stations. It was expensive. With radio, you purchase similarly, a certain number of airings in certain time blocks for a fixed price.

While a few are saying that Bryce couldn't possibly be OK because he could easily reach out without giving up his location or that he loves his family... While all of this is completely rational and makes sense to us, I could list tons of cases where the person DIDN'T reach out and DID love there families immensely.

Its hard to understand why he would do such a thing but sadly it happens. Especially if he's in trouble with the wrong people. Hiding out is common in those cases and they usually don't reach out in fear that there families will be harmed. I think at least 2 of these happened this year.

If I hadn't heard these things before, I'd be inclined to agree but history has displayed these actions in countless instances.

Just on another note... I had a rough family life growing up. On the outside no one would know that anything was ever wrong. The truth is that there were many low moments were I considered leaving without a second thought. You just never know what happens behind closed doors.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The Signal, like many news publications, is not noted for it's accuracy, so I would not rely on it for information. The sentence about the location of the duffle bag doesn't indicate it the bag was inside or outside the vehicle. I thought I had read somewhere that it was outside, but I've discovered that every news report and article differs from the next (eg law enforcement called the Laspisas and law enforcement went and knocked on their door). So hard to get a clear picture of the facts we do have :(

It was a purple truck that a psychic saw in a vision. It can't be discussed on this forum. No psychic stuff allowed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Whiteorchids...

I was trying to find out where the purple truck info came from,whilst on tablet :/ and I could only find some postings on Find Bryce FB page....didn't see anything about psychicness at the time...

I am sure it would be expensive...but if just going for the area around Castiac, might not be unreasonable. Youtube is great, but you want to make sure the people right there is the area, who may not "do" youtube or internet much, are aware. Even billboards are only good for those who drive on interstates. JMO

I am sure it would be expensive...but if just going for the area around Castiac, might not be unreasonable. Youtube is great, but you want to make sure the people right there is the area, who may not "do" youtube or internet much, are aware. Even billboards are only good for those who drive on interstates. JMO
Yes, but Interstate 5, which runs through Buttonwillow and Castaic and Laguna Niguel is a very major and heavily traveled interstate through California. It is the main North/South route. There are others, but I5 is major- it goes all the way to Washington state. Lots of truckers and holiday travelers use it to get to/from L.A. and the Bay Area. Parts of it are really boring through Central California, but it's the fastest and most direct route.

While a few are saying that Bryce couldn't possibly be OK because he could easily reach out without giving up his location or that he loves his family... While all of this is completely rational and makes sense to us, I could list tons of cases where the person DIDN'T reach out and DID love there families immensely.

Its hard to understand why he would do such a thing but sadly it happens. Especially if he's in trouble with the wrong people. Hiding out is common in those cases and they usually don't reach out in fear that there families will be harmed. I think at least 2 of these happened this year.

If I hadn't heard these things before, I'd be inclined to agree but history has displayed these actions in countless instances.

Just on another note... I had a rough family life growing up. On the outside no one would know that anything was ever wrong. The truth is that there were many low moments were I considered leaving without a second thought. You just never know what happens behind closed doors.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Amanda did Bryce's family ever get back to you with any answers to your questions?

Welcome back :)

I noticed a post from Bryce's family on the Find Bryce FB page (within the past several days) stating that there were zero leads from any investigation into Bryce's time in Buttonwillow.

I've been following that page and didn't see this post. Huh? Must have missed it...

I noticed a post from Bryce's family on the Find Bryce FB page (within the past several days) stating that there were zero leads from any investigation into Bryce's time in Buttonwillow.

But Kids run away every day! Many never return home!
We don't know what this young mans life is like all we know is what we are being told! If he could he might paint a very different picture.
Maybe he wanted to go back where he came from!
Could be he wanted to leave school for a while.
there are so many what if's!

Does anyone know if they have been investigating this case in Naperville interviewing friends that Bryce might be in contact or staying with?

Not many friends have come forward in this case to plead for Bryce to please come home. Very sad. IIRC The only friends I heard mentioned was a guy in Laguna Hills, Sean Dixon, the former roommate and of course GF Kim Sly.

Have any of his friends showed up at Castaic to search for him? Who was his very best friend?

I have followed a lot of cases with missing persons in this age group and one thing that has always surprised and disturbed me is how little the lives of their friends seem to be affected(not all friends, of course but overall.) Kortne and Adrienne are two who come to mind, but there have been others. Only a handful changed their FB photos to a missing flyer and many just seemed to go on with their lives with little interruption. Not sure if this is a sign of the times or what. I know it is a very self-obsessed age, but seems even more so nowadays than ever. We had a girl who went missing when I was in college and literally, no one talked about anything else for months.

I am sure Bryce's closest friends are much affected and grieving. But from what I have seen, casual friends don't seem to miss a beat very often in these cases.

Anyway, all JMO of course and just an observation.

it may be they distance themselves because they are at a loss of what to say or do...and kind of a self preservation thing, 'if I don't think about it, then it can't happen to me'...I am so afraid many of our young people are floundering emotionally

I've been following that page and didn't see this post. Huh? Must have missed it...

I don't know how to link to a specific reply to a comment on a post but under the post thanking the volunteers that stated not finding anything is good news (posted on October 26th) JH asked on October 26th at 10:18pm if they looked at the location he received roadside assistance and the reply on 10/27 at 7:12am from Find Bryce L FB was, "Yes, no leads there."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3