CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been promoting the KlaasKidsSearch / Websleuths search event this weekend for Bryce on twitter, and linking back to the URL

http://http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9905296&postcount=122

that's on the WS home page, in the hopes that any and everyone who might be in the area will do all they can to help out! :praying:

Marc Klaas is preparing to make a live appearance on http://http://1380thewoman.com/#&panel1-1 (1380thewoman.com). I'm listening to the live stream now. So far, they've mentioned his next Print-A-Thon. I hope Bryce is mentioned too!

#FindBryce

Thanks to everyone going out to help search for Bryce. I think it's so smart to search all of these areas again. It's so easy to miss things the first time around, so I am hoping that we will have some information soon!

I've been promoting the KlaasKidsSearch / Websleuths search event this weekend for Bryce on twitter, and linking back to the URL

http://http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9905296&postcount=122

that's on the WS home page, in the hopes that any and everyone who might be in the area will do all they can to help out! :praying:

Marc Klaas is preparing to make a live appearance on http://http://1380thewoman.com/#&panel1-1 (1380thewoman.com). I'm listening to the live stream now. So far, they've mentioned his next Print-A-Thon. I hope Bryce is mentioned too!

#FindBryce

The's an extra http in the link there that people need to take out to connect, I think.

One of my gf's was talking about possible sightings she thought she heard about over the last few days? Has anyone heard anything?

10/16 SVC NewsBreak, YouTube video:

• 1:04 BL story teaser
  • Followed by interesting sponsor/commercial choice
  • Then jump to 3:38 for full story re: BL case overview and Klaas led search this weekend

Also, I read back a while that people thought it was weird that bryce knew people who were also missing. I have to say that I know 2 people. One that I was married to but was seperated at the time and another that was a friend and the best man in a wedding I was in as well. My ex was an officer and finally went in to get help for some anxiety issues after not doing so for a few years. PTSD related. He missed a pcs to another base. He was missing for over a month. The anti anxiety they put him on has side affects and he went in to a bad state. So here is a guy who was a professional West Point grad who for lack of a better word lost it. Everyone including me assumed he was dead because what else could it be. Ranger Officers don't go missing when they have to check in to a new base especially a Major. My buddy went missing about 2 months after they found my ex. He was a young professional (28) who graduated from college in Northern California a few years before. Now he reminds me of bryce in a way. He left his car. Didn't really take much and took off. His FB went dead and his phone didn't work after a bit. The months before he left he became an *advertiser censored*. Sorry he was. To the point that I didn't like being around him. He made some comments that were paranoid, not a lot but a few. He smoked pot way more than he had before and started trying other things. One day I got a call that he was gone. He was living as a roomate with our friends the bride and groom. Before he left he had times that weren't accounted for as well. Eight hours here 10 hours there. Long story short one day his Facebook was shut down. A few days later I get an add request with the rest of our friends. He's living in Northern California with weird people. His profile pic is him infront of an old truck in a beach chair. His posts are rambling now but every once in a while its something coherent. We reach out and sometimes it seems to work. My friends set out to see him a few months back. He told them he's happier. So you just don't know I guess that's my point. Nobody thought Brian was okay and he was. Heard the same comments on here about bryce that I heard about Brian. "There's no way at this point he's okay". Btw Brian is fine now and on another med and got his career somehow back bc the doctors/nurses screwed up by by not following up. Not sure if thats smart but thats something else.So there are happy endings when you think there isn't any way there will be. I guess that's my point.

I know it sounds far fetched but so were te situation I described above and they happened. So my question is....just in case he needed a breather, are there any areas that he had a lot of friends in other than by school? I live in Laguna and have to travel to sd three days a week. Are there any towns he likes in that area? So I could put some flyers up.

Hmmm, well, when thinking over the fact that there has been some search by air (is that correct) and considering the heat during the week that Bryce went missing, and as nothing was seen from above, and no "bird" sightings, you may want to look "under" or "in" some of the concrete culverts that act as underpasses of sorts for the various gulches. You may see impressions from tennis shoes, etc. There are quite a few of these culverts in and around the lagoon, west and north. These may be places that Bryce sought out to keep cool. It was hot back then.

Just :twocents: Best to you and thank you!

Well I went back yesterday. If the dogs are correct in tracking his scent, he sure did take a trek! And he would have had to cross the lagoon. I still haven't been on the actual dam yet and had a good look below the dam. The north side of the lagoon is so quiet and empty during the day. It's odd. Also there were a bunch of trees that had ropes hanging from and caution signs around them. Pretty creepy. I looked under a few culverts and under some trees and heavy brush, but I think there is still a lot in the area that could be searched. I admit I am pretty skeptical of helicopter searches since my husbands niece went missing. Despite a text message from her saying she would be found on a bottom of a cliff, LE insisted she had left the area, that they had evidence she had checked her VM, and that they had searched with helicopter and by foot and found nothing. 3 days later I went where she said she would be found and she was right there. It's unfathomable to me that they could have been so wrong and missed her. She was right there and there was literally no brush or trees where she went missing like there is at castaic. I just want him to be found. I can't even imagine what it's like for the family to still not know where he is for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

no new news?

I so hope the searchers find something this weekend!

Shadowinlaguna, did your ex-husband ever tell you how he got by for the month that he was missing? What he did for food and shelter? Might be helpful to know just how someone gets by on the street with no resources for a month or more.

One of my gf's was talking about possible sightings she thought she heard about over the last few days? Has anyone heard anything?

A man posted on the Find Bryce FB page maybe 5 days ago that his girlfriend or wife spotted someone in Colton, CA that she thought might be him. She called the number on the billboard but no one called her back. After several attempts she got a hold of LE who took a report of the possible sighting. They went back to the area to look for him again and spoke to a restaurant manager in the area who knew who they were talking about but, after looking at Bryce's photo, said with certainty that the man they saw was not Bryce.

The family also responded on FB to someone who asked about the Oregon sighting by the grandpa stating that the man wasn't Bryce but that people are still looking in the area (or something to that effect.) There were actually two responses which were confusing but what I took away from it was that no viable leads have come out of that area and people haven't called in anymore sightings from that area.

Hadn't she crossed water, but police had been convinced she hadn't gone that way, I seem to recollect?

Linnea's case was a very, very tragic one in all respects. I still think about her mom. I hope her family have been able to heal a little, and gained some small comfort that they were able to bring Linnea home.

Search and Rescue workers have my utmost admiration for what they do, and continue to do. It must be so hard emotionally for them too sometimes. I am so glad they are here for our missing.

If I understand her location correctly, she hadn't even crossed the water. Just walked from her group therapy session down to the river, found a "pretty place" (as her Mom described it), found a tree, and that was the end. I don't know why LE was so convinced she hadn't gone that way, or maybe they just thought it had been so thoroughly searched it wasn't possible.

Interestingly, on an earlier thread someone mentioned that Linnea's family has been posting or at least has posted some to Bryce's missing page on Facebook. I have no idea if there's a connection there other than the horrible connection of having their loved ones go missing, but it surprised me.

Hoping that this weekend comes back with a positive lead into finding Bryce.

I have been busy over the past few days ,sending emails/messages in regards to this weekends search,in particular to a site for Local Meet ups(esp in Castaic area)... the groups that I have been targeting are the Walkers and Hikers but also Photographers and any other groups/communities that would be of any help.
I must say that the HQ owners/moderators of this site have been extremely helpful and are willing to help in any way they can, especially if any Missing Person is a Member of this site ......and I thought I would pass this information on to WS as it seems like another good way to reach out to thousands of the Local (and not so local) Communities ,when trying to find a Missing person.
I've had to join a lot of these groups, and as I live in the UK , might seem a bit odd to any local groups, and also to get my personal emails/messages just right ,otherwise they can be flagged as spam....so determination and politeness wins the day :)

Here is hoping for some extra help with the search or at least some extra new eyes,likes or shares in Finding Bryce ....

Paying It Forward....

If I understand her location correctly, she hadn't even crossed the water. Just walked from her group therapy session down to the river, found a "pretty place" (as her Mom described it), found a tree, and that was the end. I don't know why LE was so convinced she hadn't gone that way, or maybe they just thought it had been so thoroughly searched it wasn't possible.

Interestingly, on an earlier thread someone mentioned that Linnea's family has been posting or at least has posted some to Bryce's missing page on Facebook. I have no idea if there's a connection there other than the horrible connection of having their loved ones go missing, but it surprised me.

O/T LLomax was found on the other side of the river from her out-patient facility. So ... she either went into the river to cross it or walked down to the nearest bridge and crossed it. No confirmation that I have read has stated her actual path. JMO

RE: BL - KS & family is said to be/have been friends with LLomax family, IIRC.

Good luck to those out this weekend. Pay close attention to the many culvert headwalls. Great hiding places. I think lower lagoon has one going under Lake Hughes...Many different sizes and shapes.

Attachments

• Culvert headwall.jpg
    Culvert headwall.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 27
  • culvert_headwalls02.jpg
    culvert_headwalls02.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 22
  • culvheadwall_Resized_300x198.jpg
    culvheadwall_Resized_300x198.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 23
O/T LLomax was found on the other side of the river from her out-patient facility. So ... she either went into the river to cross it or walked down to the nearest bridge and crossed it. No confirmation that I have read has stated her actual path. JMO

RE: BL - KS & family is said to be/have been friends with LLomax family, IIRC.

This is correct based on comments from Linnea's mom & other family members on the Find Bryce page & public posts about Bryce missing on KS's page.

I feel like interesting is waining on here....come on Bryce, where are you?

I just do not believe he is "out there", surviving on his own or holed up with a friend. This is a guy who called his mom if he scraped his knee, according to her. Hope I am wrong, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston