CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping that this weekend comes back with a positive lead into finding Bryce.

I have been busy over the past few days ,sending emails/messages in regards to this weekends search,in particular to a site for Local Meet ups(esp in Castaic area)... the groups that I have been targeting are the Walkers and Hikers but also Photographers and any other groups/communities that would be of any help.
I must say that the HQ owners/moderators of this site have been extremely helpful and are willing to help in any way they can, especially if any Missing Person is a Member of this site ......and I thought I would pass this information on to WS as it seems like another good way to reach out to thousands of the Local (and not so local) Communities ,when trying to find a Missing person.
I've had to join a lot of these groups, and as I live in the UK , might seem a bit odd to any local groups, and also to get my personal emails/messages just right ,otherwise they can be flagged as spam....so determination and politeness wins the day :)

Here is hoping for some extra help with the search or at least some extra new eyes,likes or shares in Finding Bryce ....

Paying It Forward....

Wow, Deep12! You are amazing! Thank you so much for doing all of this for Bryce and his family! I wish I were closer than 2,100 miles away (Indiana), I would definitely be out there helping as much as I possibly could. It's even more impressive that you're working this hard all the way from the UK! Wow.

I have quite a bit of free time on my hands right now while I'm job hunting, so if I can help in any way at all...shoot me a PM and I will do whatever I can! People like you are one of the many, many reasons I love it here at WS so much. You are most definitely paying it forward. I believe in karma, and you'll have heaps of good karma soon in my opinion :)

Thank you again! :tyou:

I am going to try and make it over there. And hopefully drag along a bunch of friends. Have a few commitments this weekend, but i'm going to try to rearrange things so I can go.

Okay, I have learned a great deal about TBI, Traumatic Brain Injury - from this page on the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association http://www.asha.org/research/reports/tbi/ which shows the high volume of TBI, the risk groups (including males at 19 years of age) and the results. Reading this gives me new appreciation for what we may be up against. In fact, IMO, a TBI would explain a great deal in this situation - leaving phone, wallet and laptop behind, not reaching out to anyone at all, etc. IMO, Bryce suffered a closed TBI and the serious ones don't get better. Therapy is needed to facilitate communication and memory.

:sleuth: And if this theory is true, his gait and speech would be different, not to mention appearance after 7 weeks on the streets.
Seeing the stats, suddenly a lot makes sense, MOO :cow:

Wow, Deep12! You are amazing! Thank you so much for doing all of this for Bryce and his family! I wish I were closer than 2,100 miles away (Indiana), I would definitely be out there helping as much as I possibly could. It's even more impressive that you're working this hard all the way from the UK! Wow.

I have quite a bit of free time on my hands right now while I'm job hunting, so if I can help in any way at all...shoot me a PM and I will do whatever I can! People like you are one of the many, many reasons I love it here at WS so much. You are most definitely paying it forward. I believe in karma, and you'll have heaps of good karma soon in my opinion :)

Thank you again! :tyou:

Aw...Thank you :blushing:

It's the least I can do for Bryce and his family....I couldn't sit at my computer and theorise any longer...Bryce's story has captured my heart and just felt the need to help out more in some way ,and like yourself I am many miles away,so the computer is my only tool.

The Team Work on WS is really one of the best, full of Community Spirit and all for the same cause.

Thank you for my Karma Blessing.

Lets Bring Them Home...

Good luck to those out this weekend. Pay close attention to the many culvert headwalls. Great hiding places. I think lower lagoon has one going under Lake Hughes...Many different sizes and shapes.

What the heck are they? Are these all over?

Hoping that this weekend comes back with a positive lead into finding Bryce.

I have been busy over the past few days ,sending emails/messages in regards to this weekends search,in particular to a site for Local Meet ups(esp in Castaic area)... the groups that I have been targeting are the Walkers and Hikers but also Photographers and any other groups/communities that would be of any help.
I must say that the HQ owners/moderators of this site have been extremely helpful and are willing to help in any way they can, especially if any Missing Person is a Member of this site ......and I thought I would pass this information on to WS as it seems like another good way to reach out to thousands of the Local (and not so local) Communities ,when trying to find a Missing person.
I've had to join a lot of these groups, and as I live in the UK , might seem a bit odd to any local groups, and also to get my personal emails/messages just right ,otherwise they can be flagged as spam....so determination and politeness wins the day :)

Here is hoping for some extra help with the search or at least some extra new eyes,likes or shares in Finding Bryce ....

Paying It Forward....

This seems like an excellent idea for many cases. Do you have an example of the kind of approach that works best?

This seems like an excellent idea for many cases. Do you have an example of the kind of approach that works best?

I started off with this:

"Hi (moderators name)

I hope you don't mind me messaging you.
I am writing this message to ask if any of your group members would be interested in volunteering for an organised search that is taking place on the 19th and 20th October 2013 in the Castaic,Santa Clarita and Valencia areas.
The search is being led by KlaasKIDS in regards to a missing young man ,
BRYCE LASPISA ,who went missing after a car accident on the 30th August at Lake Hughes road leading down to Castaic lake.
The LE believe he could have a head injury and maybe disorientated with the car accident.
You can find details on facebook
'FIND BRYCE LASPISA'
or
'FINDBRYCELASPISA.com' online

Also on KlaasKIDS Facebook and website.

I hope you don't mind me asking but his family are reaching out to anyone in the area for help, and they are asking for volunteers/hikers/walkers,or anyone. I only wish I could do more to help but I am in the UK so emails army only contribution.

Maybe you could pass this message on to any local hiking or relevant groups,that would be amazing...

or even a share or like on Facebook to keep a look out for this young teenager.
I know Bryce's family and myself will be so grateful for any help,promotion of any sort.
Thank you
Many thanks and kind regards"

THe above message got through to a few groups but then kept coming back as Flagged as Spam for some groups...It could be what the moderators have in their spam filters etc
so I snipped a lot of the message to this

"Hi
I hope you don't mind me messaging you.
A search is taking place this weekend 19th/20th Oct, in the Castaic,Santa Clarita and Valencia area for a Missing Person and they are looking for volunteers.
His name is BRYCE LASPISA and you can find details on Facebook and website online ,the search is being organised by Klaaskids.

Maybe you could pass this message on to any local hiking or relevant groups,that would be amazing...Thank You.

or even a share or like on Facebook to keep a look out for this young teenager.
I know Bryce's family and myself will be so grateful for any help,promotion of any sort.
Thank you so much.

Many thanks and kind regards."

even this was getting Flagged so it is perseverance and personalisation to get some messages through....

ETA: NO REPETITIVE MESSAGES/EMAILS OR THEY GET FLAGGED AS SPAM when sending this site ,So every message has to be different in some way from the last one or typed singularly ...can't copy and paste them :(

I have written some, differently than others and above letters....
I mean more personalisation, by maybe giving some of your own personality into the message and to try and appeal to the kind of group you are sending the message to whilst adding the details of the Missing Person....

Hope you get what I am trying to say? ...I'm just rattling away at my computer keyboard :) with just FIND BRYCE on my mind.... :)

Just read through a lot of the early pages to learn about this case.

Can someone tell me if the original "burning body" that was found burning near the lake was finally identified positively as not being Bryce?

It just seemed so strange that it took so long for any information to be provided as to whether that body was ever confirmed whether it was Bryce or not.

Can someone tell me if the original "burning body" that was found burning near the lake was finally identified positively as not being Bryce?

It just seemed so strange that it took so long for any information to be provided as to whether that body was ever confirmed whether it was Bryce or not.

positively, not Bryce.

Not BL.

Was a black male and LE knew it from the moment they first saw the body!!!
Was murdered, suspects apprehended.
9/4/13 6:04am Castaic Lake Burning man: Passing bicyclist called 911 about a brush fire 3 miles north of Lake Hughes Road at Catasic Lake.

9/11/13 Burning man not BL LE/ME finally publicly revealed burning man was not BL, but was a black male murder victim. LE knew it was not BL when they initially arrived on the scene.
http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104670/

Thanks everyone for the reply. It was so sad they took so long to notify people about that.

Ooops... I think I broke a rule on my first post by posting a comment from my facebook!! Sorry!

Not BL.

Was a black male and LE knew it from the moment they first saw the body!!!
Was murdered, suspects apprehended.
9/4/13 6:04am Castaic Lake Burning man: Passing bicyclist called 911 about a brush fire 3 miles north of Lake Hughes Road at Catasic Lake.

9/11/13 Burning man not BL LE/ME finally publicly revealed burning man was not BL, but was a black male murder victim. LE knew it was not BL when they initially arrived on the scene.
http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104670/

Did LE ever release why they were sure it had nothing to do with Bryce? tia

Shadowinlaguna, did your ex-husband ever tell you how he got by for the month that he was missing? What he did for food and shelter? Might be helpful to know just how someone gets by on the street with no resources for a month or more.

Oh he was in his buddies apt who had left that base to go to another base for training for a few months. He was staying there for a little bit between finishing the majors course and pcsng to his new base. His temporary address wasnt on file. He lost 20 lbs and just ate what was in the fridge and cupboards. He said he left a few times to get cigarettes. I asked if anyone recognized him when he went out. He said no but the thought wasnt in his mind. I really pushed for info. What stood out to me is that he said when he had the break that he was fully aware that people were probably looking for him. He realized his job probably was gone and that he was going to lose his commission. I asked him if he was thinking about the people worrying about him...he said yeah it went through my mind at times but I was lethargic and didn't care. He said it was like being in a daze. I was really confused as to how nobody recognized him. I knew it had gotten around that he was missing and this was a smaller community with a ton of officers and a lot that he knew. He said that even if he had seen one they wouldn't have recognized him. I can tell you that when I got the call from the LtCol that he said he hadn't showered or did any hygiene in a very long time. My ex is 6'3 and nobody saw him. I got a call later that day from the psych ward. He was in there for about three weeks. His friend found him in his trashed apt. He refused to go willingly so they removed him by ambulance.

I have written some, differently than others and above letters....
I mean more personalisation, by maybe giving some of your own personality into the message and to try and appeal to the kind of group you are sending the message to whilst adding the details of the Missing Person....

Hope you get what I am trying to say? ...I'm just rattling away at my computer keyboard :) with just FIND BRYCE on my mind.... :)

Perfectly. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members