CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually drove around yesterday here in ontario, saw some homeless people taking turns on asking money at 4th and milliken , there are 3 -4 of them and one is a younger looking guy wearing a hat. I called 911 to check him out and also message the FB missing page of BL and sent them pictures i took. I cannot go down and talk to them , just stayed in the car because i am also with my daughter with me. But i guess he was checked out since they said the sighting in ontario is not him . While i am on my car too, one guy with a big dog came and talk to him.

All post above are just my opinions only.

I know I'm in a different time zone....but I'm anxious for some news from the searchers. Have I missed anything from searches this weekend???

I know I'm in a different time zone....but I'm anxious for some news from the searchers. Have I missed anything from searches this weekend???
You haven't missed anything that I've heard of. There were a couple of false sightings but that's about it. I was so hoping this was the weekend he would either be found or some type of closure for the family. It is so FRUSTRATING! I can't even imagine how the family is holding up.

Not for California, he doesn't, Southern or Northern- that's what matters, not how common it was in Illinois. He could blend in anywhere here and not be noticed, or he may have dyed his hair. I have several redheads in my own family, and we're not of Irish descent, but many redheads are. Spreading the rumor that redheads are rare is a bad misconception, as was done with blondes in Sacramento in the Linnea Lomax case, and only leads to more false sightings and possible harassment of innocent people!
As far as knowing Bryce, we had another poster here who was the mother of another kid in Bryce's social circle who alluded to drug use being a factor in this case, but didn't want to get verified, so she left.

I think there is anectodal evidence - 'there are loads of redheads here where I live' - and then there are statistics. In general, statistics prove to be much, much more accurate that anecdotal evidence.

Redheads make up about 2 per cent of European-based US populations, compared to blondes who make up just under twenty per cent ( and blondes are much rarer in the US than brown haired people). If you include non- europeans in those figures ( Latinos/ Koreans, for example,) the percentages of blondes and reheads becomes even tinier.

I really believe natural red hair is an important feature to mention in the case of a missing person, even if you are lucky enough to be in a community where you are surrounded by them (I have longed for red gold hair my entire life, and tried to falsely achieve it many times. Usually with disasterous results. I'm almost auburn but only when the sun's out. :)

I think there are volunteer diver SAR teams too? I'm very sorry and sad, but I think that might be the next step in finding poor Bryce.

I had a thought...

We know that Bryce's SUV was caught on video surveillance at 2:07am on August 13 heading toward Castaic Lake.

We know that the last time Bryce talked to his mom was at 2:08am on August 13. He told her that he got off the I-5, was in a suburban area & going to sleep in his car.
This matches what the video shows.

So what if he did exactly what he told his mom??
Found a spot & slept.

I (think) remember somebody posting way down thread that LE patrols the area & will ask people to move on if they are parked.

So maybe Bryce was sleeping & got asked to move on by LE. This *could* explain why he was caught on the same video surveillance a second time at 4:20am.
Maybe he was too tired to continue driving so he looked for another close, but hidden, spot to park.
What better place than behind that fence area by the repeater/cell tower.

The above is only a thought.
And I know it doesn't help find him...

Yes, I think anything is possible here. Sad part is sometimes you don't find out till many years later when a hiker or jogger stumbles across some human bones that have been dug up from a wild animal far away or were just missed in a search. If he is snagged down below in the lake that is just so tragic because I don't think anyone is going to search the lake again. That just weighs heavily on my mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Castaic is a man made resevoir with a lower spillway/lagoon/lake. From what was reported earlier on there shouldn't be anything at the bottom of the lake to snag a body. Sorry for the mind picture. Unless a body was lodged in a dock or drainage area it was made to sound like it would have otherwise have floated to the surface. Does anyone know if any known drowning victims there have gone unfound?

No updates?
It's only just past 7:30 p.m. in California.
The searchers are probably beat and/or went out after the search ended for something to eat. They may feel down if no clues were uncovered.

No updates?
It's only just past 7:30 p.m. in California.
The searchers are probably beat and/or went out after the search ended for something to eat. They may feel down if no clues were uncovered.

That's what I was thinking, too. Or, they may have uncovered something/things that can't be shared, either due to integrity of the investigation or due to TOS here if anything they found is considered rumor. :(

Whatever the case my heart goes out to the searchers tonight. I bet it's been exhausting physically, mentally, emotionally. ((hugs)) to everyone who was able to go out this weekend.

Perhaps today's and yesterday's search if nothing else will lend some credence and confidence to the idea that BL somehow and in whatever mental/emotional state was able to leave the Castaic Lake area after the car crash.

I still think the initial and subsequent possible sightings in and near Port Orford, OR have a probability greater than 50 percent of being valid. What was the result of any follow up to the sightings in that area? Are those sightings still being taken seriously?

Do you mean the comments about another person whose name starts with "M"? The original comments by M which I think are now gone were looked into by Bryce's family. Not sure how much I can say, but this M person claimed she knew exactly what happened to Bryce. It was posted on the find Bryce facebook page that the family had looked into it and there was nothing to it.

Yes, I was referring to M's comments. I'm glad the family looked into them. It's good to rule it out, even though they could be a hoax.

The Signal paper wrote up a synopsis of the two-day search effort. Nothing discovered, it seems. Just so sad and frustrating. But we must press on, he will be found!
Here's the article: http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/107178/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Thank you to all of the searchers, the support teams, and WS...

In a way, I am relieved. I am probably one of the few who is still holding out hope that Bryce is in fact still alive and somehow, somewhere wandering. Not only from my own experience, but also in hopes for Bryce's family that they don't have to say goodbye to this vibrant young man. Prayers for the family and Bryce.

Just a quick suggestion...

In most areas that have a Civil Air Patrol Wing, they hold weekend training missions for their SAR trained Cadets. They also do fixed wing (Cessna) aerial SAR and Observation flights.

If you can locate the local CAP wing, perhaps a request can be made for an aerial grid search. They could also fly over the lake as part of the mission plan and look for anything unusual in the water. Depending on the clearance they can get from the FAA, they may be able to do a lower level than normal aerial search. Pilot and three to four cadets with binoculars in each plane.

They are also a resource for ground searchers. They may be young, but they are generally well trained and supervised. They are an auxiliary of the Air Force.

At this live webcam site (too dark to see at the moment) there is a warning that if white caps are present on the water, the boat launch ramp may be closed. So I'm guessing the water can get quite rough sometimes if there are strong winds?

I am just wondering now, what wind conditions were like when Bryce disappeared.

http://www.castaiclake.com/webcam.html

I just saw (part of) a post from Bryce's Uncle Brian (https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA) that says "This weekend's search did not turn up any vital clues to help..."
I can't read the rest of his post because :facepalm: I don't have a Facebook account; will somebody who does please check it out and tell us what it says?
Thanks.

Also, volunteers apparently signed a combined liability release/non-disclosure agreement when they registered with the Klass Kids Foundation to search for Bryce, which explains why this thread has gone so quiet.

Dragracerz, I'm sorry the weekend searches didn't find Bryce, but hopeful that this means he's somewhere else and will be found. Sending good thoughts to you and yours, especially Bryce, and prayers to God.
Best,
Coastal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members